shape
carat
color
clarity

2.8 N VS2 AVC need help on my custom setting

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Yipeeee! It is stunning. Stunning!!! How totally amazing that they sent you those photos of your ring and its fabrication. It is a work of art- the lines and sizes- perfection. I cannot WAIT till you get it. Thank you so much for sharing. This is going to be one of my very favorite rings of all time.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks guys! Im pretty excited to see the progress pictures!

Rosebloom....thank you so much! I really hope so, that IS what Im aiming for! ;))

m-2-b...thank you and I love the E-W setting as well. It really does look a bit different to me, and bigger ;)) , plus I think its more flattering on my hand! Thanks for joining me in the wait!

TruLuv858... :bigsmile: I know!!!! It has been a long 4 months, yet I can't believe its actually time to get my rings! I really am so grateful to be able to have this amazing upgrade and I know I will cherish it for years to come! Thank you for the kind words!

Acinom...Thanks again for the sweet comments. I totally agree with you about the balance of the ring. I wanted something dainty, but I absolutely did not want to be worried about the structural integrity of the ring. I think this is going to be a great balance between the two, and one I can wear and pass on with confidence!

apacherose...Wow, I am honored that you think that highly of my ring...and its not even finished yet! I too have hopes that it will meet those expectations, and it really is so sweet of you to say. I know there are are many of us just in LOVE with the AVC and you are no exception! Your ENTIRE set is breathtaking to me! I know you absolutely love your diamond and setting, and I am hoping to have that same connection with mine! I'm already head over heels with my stone, I just want the setting to do it justice. I think this will! As far as the photos, I know, it really is great to be able to get a glimpse of the work in progress. Its really interesting to see the Platinum in this state, before its been polished and cleaned up. And those diamonds....yummm...they are all just beautiful sitting out there! I really am soooo excited!!

Again, thank you all for checking in on the progress and for following along on this journey with me! Ill let you know if I hear anything else before next week! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

cj

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
More Progress Photos!!!

I just received these this afternoon and thought I would share. They are on schedule to be finished with them on Dec 2nd and I will have my own online gallery set up and emailed to me on Dec 3rd sometime! Until then, here are a couple shots of the filigree work being done. This isn't the completed filigree design, but pretty close. These are my mothers diamonds from her original wedding set that are set inside the yellow gold filigree. (one on each side) Anyways.....getting closer! :appl:

cj

11-30-2014_4-05-14_pm20141130041423.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Looking good! Love seeing the two tone ring mix, as I hope to incorotate this in my reset. Beautiful!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to this thread and just caught up on all five pages thus far - your stone is a beauty, your inspiration is breathtaking, and Green Lake's design and workmanship never ceases to amaze me :love:

I love that they're willing to share the details of the design process with you! It's so exciting to see the sketches, CADs, wax moulds... and I love the touch of yellow gold - I think it adds presence and personality. Congrats cj, you couldn't have chosen a better establishment for this project and I can't wait to see it finished!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
TruLuv858...I know you are wanting a mixed metal look with your reset and I hope this will give you just one more idea of what you could do. Whatever you pick, I know it will be beautiful and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yssie...awwww thanks so much for all the kind things you had to say! I agree with you that GreenLake is wonderful. I told my designer the other day that I have felt at times to be a serious control freak, but she has been so patient and completely helpful EVERY step of the way! They have willingly gone down every avenue with me to see what would look best and never once acted like it was a pain to them! Corinne is my designer and she truly is a gem! I honestly can't recommend them enough and I'm sure I will feel even stronger about them once the rings arrive. It really is awesome to get to see every step. I personally am so interested in how its all executed and this totally helped me to visualize it. As far as the yellow gold......I love it too. I never imagined I would choose to use it in this way, but with this diamond, it just fits! :love: Anyways, thanks for "catching up" and I hope you will love the finished product!

cj

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
TruLuv858...I know you are wanting a mixed metal look with your reset and I hope this will give you just one more idea of what you could do. Whatever you pick, I know it will be beautiful and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yssie...awwww thanks so much for all the kind things you had to say! I agree with you that GreenLake is wonderful. I told my designer the other day that I have felt at times to be a serious control freak, but she has been so patient and completely helpful EVERY step of the way! They have willingly gone down every avenue with me to see what would look best and never once acted like it was a pain to them! Corinne is my designer and she truly is a gem! I honestly can't recommend them enough and I'm sure I will feel even stronger about them once the rings arrive. It really is awesome to get to see every step. I personally am so interested in how its all executed and this totally helped me to visualize it. As far as the yellow gold......I love it too. I never imagined I would choose to use it in this way, but with this diamond, it just fits! :love: Anyways, thanks for "catching up" and I hope you will love the finished product!

cj

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cjchumphries|1417463612|3793380 said:

Oh, you're very welcome - I love custom projects and I'm enjoying your thread!

I haven't worked with Green Lake but I talked to one of their designers about a project a few years ago and was struck by how responsive and helpful they are, even at that very early pre-deposit stage. It's clear that they value both product and customer service - and their workmanship really is fantastic!!

I can COMPLETELY identify with being a control nut, and I've learnt that it's so, so important to find the right vendor fit! I've had projects with "budget" vendors go wonderfully and projects with "high-end" vendors go poorly and many more "in-between", and I've come to understand that portfolio of experience and compatible communication style makes all the difference ::)

Was the yellow gold Corinne's idea? Your ring will be 'tri-coloured', sort-of - you'll have the white metal with white pave, the pale yellow stone, and the rich yellow gold in the gallery :love: I have a 'tri-coloured' ring with the same graduation (of stones and setting) of white/light yellow/rich yellow and there's something I really like about thinking about it that way - the stone(s) and setting together "completing" the colour scale... :sun:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
First of all, sorry about that last double post...not sure how that happened!

Yssie...you're completely right about the responsiveness early on. I had my final sketches and several lengthy convos before I ever sent the first half of my payment, and at that point we were ready to move to CAD's. So, I totally agree that finding a good fit is vital for success. I knew using them would not be cheap, especially with the setting I wanted and how perfectly I wanted it done, but all the input I was able to give and knowing the quality work that would be produced, made it so worth it. As far as the yellow gold, it was my idea. I fell in love with the inspiration ring over a year ago. I knew I wanted something like it, but when I saw this one.....THAT WAS IT! It wasn't until I actually had my diamond with me this past summer that I started to think about using another color metal with it. I took my diamond into my local jeweler that I use and had him put it with several different settings and it just looked amazing when placed with yellow gold. I did not look good with the rose gold and I knew I still wanted Platinum as my main metal, but I really wanted to highlight the color of my warmer stone. So, I decided to have the filigree and another band in yellow to help play it up. It really seemed to look warmer next to the warm gold so I wanted to use that! That along with the halo of white melee and I think I will really be happy with the contrast. We shall see...only 4 days left!

I actually didn't think about it being three different shades. I almost went with the 18k yellow gold but thought the softer yellow looked more like my diamond, so it will be interesting to see how it all flows.... thanks again!

cj

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
My husband does not follow all the threads I read with me, but we're following yours, lol. :love: the new pics! what beautiful craftmanship!!!! :love: the yellow gold, it is completely working for me. Can't wait for more.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those last pics!!!
Your ring already looks amazing. I agree with apacherose that the craftmanship is top notch. Such a beautiful and flowing design.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
awww apacherose...well Im glad your husband likes it as well! What a compliment! I too am loving the yellow gold and think its going to be stunning. Hopefully you enjoy this update!

Acinom...thanks again for following along and I love your taste in jewelry so for you to like it is, of course, a plus for me. ;))

So just as they were closing up tonight, Corinne sent me a couple more progress pics and I HAD to share them. The first was another of the filigree while it was being worked on, just closer up. The second one literally left me in awe!! I seriously squealed like a child at Christmas at the sight of it. I hope you all enjoy!

By the way the engraving and milgrain have not been started in this photo so it can only get better!! :love:

cj

12-2-2014_6-00-39_pm20141202061607.png

12-2-2014_7-38-16_pm20141202074745.png

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! Love the warm yellow glow of the diamond

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your new setting is gorgeous and I love the buttery warmth of your AVC :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your AVC feels right at home in her new setting :love:
What an amazing ring! Your long wait truly paid of.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fabulousness right here, I can't wait to see the finished result!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, CJ!!!! Can't wait to see it in your hand!! :appl:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
noscrusir...Thank you so much! I too am in LOVE with the warmth of this diamond!!

thecat...Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted and I am so thrilled to have the exact hue I was looking for! I do think that last photo might make it look a bit warmer than in real life, but I do love the shade the lighting is helping it show!! I hope it will be that wonderful a contrast in person!

Acinom...It really does look perfect! I had hoped to really compliment the AVC and I think this will definately do that! I mean, that diamond is the main attraction and I want it to look that way! And as far as the wait......it is definitely going to be worth it!! :appl:

mochiko42...Thank you so very much and I can hardly wait either!!! Only one more day!!

TruLuv858...Thanks again, and I can't wait to show it off! ;))

Ok well I didnt get my gallery link yesterday, but Im assuming thats because Corinne is off on Wed-Thurs so no big deal there. The ring is being appraised and overnighted to me today so I should have it in hand tomorrow. I imagine I'll get the link for the gallery today as well. So my husband and I are waiting on the rings to be delivered before we leave to Nashville for the weekend, and we wont be back home till Monday. So as far as the all the detailed hand pics.....I may not get to post those until Monday evening or Tuesday morning. I will post a few "first impression" ones before I leave though :love:

Thanks to all for keeping tabs on the progress...Its so fun to share with others that love and appreciate the process like I do!!

cj

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That last picture... wow.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts when you get it - and those first-impression pics! :bigsmile:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's completely stunning. That gallery is to die for, with the fleur de lis. And such love and care went into it. Please post a ton of pictures!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Yssie...I totally agree! :love:

Jambalaya... Thank you so much! I too LOVE the gallery. It truly is delicious. And I will totally post a ton of pics as soon as I get back in town!

And hopefully I can get you all those first impressions shots. Im a little nervous now.....the FED-EX tracking says guaranteed delivery by 8pm and we have to leave to Nashville a little after lunch!!! :(( Fed-Ex ALWAYS delivers to me by 10:30 am and now I'm wondering if I'll even get them or if my mother will have to come over to be here to sign for them. I can not tell you how disappointing that will be! Im toying with the idea of having them hold it at the sorting facility and just going to pick it up myself, but Im not sure if that will make it more complicated and up my risks of loss...... :think: I don't know. Anyways, GreenLake did get my pic gallery set up and I'll share them with you now! I'll be wearing the gold band between the two platinum rings or with my yellow gold, baguette and round milgrain eternity band. But you get the idea of the looks in the photos!! Hope you all enjoy and the next photos will be in the SMTB forum!!!! Yay, Im so excited!!

yellow gold band
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/cust_gallery.aspx?ImageID=97390

wedding band
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/cust_gallery.aspx?ImageID=97389

engagement ring
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/cust_gallery.aspx?ImageID=97380

cj

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh CJ! What a stunning ring and combo. I am so amazed by your diamond. What a stunning and warm stone.
Sending good vibes to you regarding Fedex delivery :wavey:

_24900.jpg

_24901.jpg

_24902.jpg

_24903.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more of your gorgeous pics. Now with the brand logo removed.
(For the PSers who do not like to click on links)

_24904.jpg

_24905.jpg

_24906.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow ita beautiful. I love the plain gold band with it

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a perfect ring, what a perfect setting for a perfect diamond.. very classy!!! love it.. man it's gorgeous..

:love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous. I've been to their shop and they do great work.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect and divine! So happy for you!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Acinom...Thank you so much for posting the photos for me....I couldn't quite figure out the whole cropping out the logo business! Thanks for the well wishes with FED-EX. I guess we'll see, its in Louisiana right now so who knows! I love the diamond too, and I can't wait to see it again in person. I feel the photos don't really show its color properly or how stunning it is in person, though, Im sure everyone feels that way about their diamond! I do believe Ive read that a time or two around here! :wink2:

Neil...I Love the plain gold as well! I may wear it just with the two and put the wedding band on my right hand quite a bit! I really don't want to scratch up all the engraving! Plus I have my other yellow gold eternity band that has all my baguettes from my original wedding set, so we'll see!

Tekate...Thank you for the "perfect" words!! ;)) I love the vintage feel of the whole thing.

Chrono...Thank you very much, and I would have LOVED to have gone to their shop! It really looks so different and totally intriguing from their website! How fun for you!

ringcat...awww thanks so much! I really do feel so amazed just to have this amazing diamond...and now, with this setting?!?! I am so grateful!

Well....Ill let you all know if it makes it before we leave or not....... :pray:

cj

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following your thread, your rings are on the top of the list of the prettiest on this site.
Can't wait to see more pictures.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks fabulous with the yg band. Your set is just amazing :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results