shape
carat
color
clarity

2.8 N VS2 AVC need help on my custom setting

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect! I bet you are on pins and needles!!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Acinom & TruLuv858...Yes, I think it looks perfect too. And I am sure I will love it, Im just totally impatient over here! I'm really going to have a hard time waiting for them to make it! But, you all will see them as soon as I do. Thanks for keeping tabs! :wavey:

talk to ya soon,
cj

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE!!!!!!

OK, so I received my wax molds today and they are wonderful!!!! The only thing is the halo is set north/south and I wanted it east/west. So I am having them correct that and possibly make the middle band a bit thinner. I can't really tell a difference visually between the 1.6m and the 2.2mm, so Im seeing if we can safely go any thinner on that one. Hopefully it wont be a problem since there are no diamonds on it. So, Ill let y'all know when I hear back from her...and Ill post a few pics to give you all an idea of what they look like on hand! By the way.....I almost didn't get them off!!! :o It totally freaked me out! Anyways, not too long now!

cj

img_5721.jpg

img_5722.jpg

img_5723.jpg

img_5724.jpg

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
last one and I'm not sure why they are turned sideways! Sorry

cj

img_5731.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite some progress :appl:
It already looks great. I actually like the north-east set orientation as it follows the line of your elegant fingers.
It will be such a stunning set with these bands.

Thanks for sharing CJ!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom!

It is coming along nicely! Just the little details now...As always, I'll update as I know more!! Until then, I'll be waiting...... :whistle:

cj

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!! I had no idea that you wanted to set it east/west! It will look so unique! I actually live that, but my cushion is too rectangular. Leeann Rumer had an east west cushion for her first wedding ring and I always loved it! You are getting closer!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
TruLuv858...Thanks so much! Yes, I just think the diamond looks a bit better on my finger that direction. I tried both ways with the temporary setting and it really was much nicer looking on my hand that way! Not that it would look bad the other direction, I just prefer it east/west. Im excited....and ready!!

I did request a couple of changes though....the middle band is touching the gallery of the e-ring and I am worried it will be trouble since there are diamonds there, so I asked to have the basket set a bit higher to avoid that. Also, the wax molds are a bit snug. Ive requested to have the rings sized up from a 5 1/8 to a 5.25 on the e-ring and a 5.5 on the other two bands. That, along with the halo's direction being changed, should make everything perfect! My designer is supposed to be getting back with me on Sunday so hopefully we will have those changes made. Im not having the wax molds shipped to me the next time...I think I can tell from photos if those things are done and we will be on to actually making the rings!! YAY!!

So, when I get the next update I will post it! Thanks for keeping up and offering some encouragement!!

cj

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I just realized I wrote Leeann Rumer? Lol! Meant Leeann Rimes..

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Almost there! I am so looking forward to your ring!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
apacherose...I know!! Its so exciting and I am beyond ready! :appl:

So I heard back from my designer today and she looked it up and said it was definitely set the wrong way and they will correct it. They will also fix the basket so that it isn't rubbing against the gold band. My gold band will also be made a tad thinner but not by much. The new width will be 1.5mm so it should be fine in the end. As far as the ring sizes.....Im so torn. She says the wax molds have slightly a bit more metal to allow for polishing, but I doubt enough to make a huge difference so Im going to go up to a 5.25 in the erring. Im just not sure if 5.5 is too large for the other two or if I should do 5.25 or 5.375? I am aware that I am being a bit anal at this point but the thought of waiting all this time for my rings and to then get them, and have to send them back for resizing is literally nauseating! :sick:

Hopefully it will all be perfect! And as always...I'll update as soon as I get the new pics!

cj

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh- I understand the size agony. It is so personal I almost hesitate to say anything, but FWIW I have ended up going towards the large size for my rings and so far have been happy with that. I ordered cheap rings in different sizes, and, it turns out I do not like the feeling of them 'hugging' my finger. I don't like tight clothes, either, so, it shouldn't have been a surprise, I guess. I can wear my rings on either hand, though they are more snug on my right, and I like the versatility. The caveat is now cooler weather is coming and I can tell they are already looser than in the summer... so I still may live to regret it but I'm probably a 5.5 technically and my rings are 6.5 and so far... I've been really pleased. I even went up in my size request on a wider ring I ordered to a 6.75. Good catch on the N/S orientation- that would have been pretty major to miss. So, bon courage in your sizing debate- and I can't wait until your lovely is on your finger already!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
apacherose...thanks so much for the personal info. I do find it helpful because I feel the same way about my rings. I can't stand for them to be too snug. The only reason I considered going a bit smaller in the first place, was because of what I was told when I went to the local shops to see what size my current rings were. They all commented that my current set was just too big. I've had them for 13 years with no trouble, but I thought they were a 4.75 and turns out they were closer to 5.25. So....this made me question my size I guess. Mine do spin quite a bit in cool weather (which is only 3-4 months here) but the rest of the time they are perfect. I was only really trying to cut down on spinning since this will be a bigger diamond than my current 1ct. princess cut with baguettes. I think Im just going to relax and go with the 5.25 e-ring and see what the designer says about the 5.375 vs 5.5 in the two other bands. It may not make that much of a difference. Thanks for your own experience though. I need to remember that I will be wearing these and it doesn't matter if the "professionals" think I should wear them smaller! ;))

cj

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell me about size agony :twisted:

I wear a lot of stackers and I prefer to wear them loose.
When I ordered my Sophia ring from Victor I consulted 2 local jewellers. Also because the European size needed to be translated to a US sizing. The first jeweller looked at my knuckles and said I was a size 6.5 - 7. The other jeweller advised a 5.75 for my right hand and explained how different shank types can influence size. I decided to trust her. The 5.75 was PErFeCT for my right hand. I can also wear it on my left hand but then it spins a tiny bit.

My left hand ring finger is just a tad smaller: 5.5 . The jeweller confirmed that. Soooo, that's what I ordered for my Paraiba ring from Leon Mege. It was soooo small that I could not get it over my knuckle. :(sad. Soooo, the jeweller shaved a bit off from the inside and now it's perfect.

For my second Victor ring (with a Pave shank) I decided to order the ring between 5.5 and 5.75. Perfect but a tiny bit smaller then expected. Comparing the two Victor rings, my conclusion is that the first ring (size 5.75) is probably a tiny bit bigger in reality.

Thennnnn... during last summer my fingers were kind swollen and I hurt my finger. Somehow I thought that my fingers were getting thicker permanently. Yeah right! :nono: . So I ordered a size 6 for my Rubellite ring from BE. When the cool weather started, my ring was about ready and I started to get just a tad nervous. Buuuut, I thought I could have sizing balls. NOT!! The poor stone would have exploded during heating. However, the ring fits perfectly!!! It spins a bit but cannot slide off and will be perfect in Summer.

Not sure why I shared these horror scenario's :roll: . I would consult some jewellers and then make an informed decision. You will have pave in the shank, so the opportunity for sizing up and down will be limited. But I guess you could add sizing balls if it turns out to be a tad to big? You should definitely consult your designer.

Happy sizing!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
ughhh Acinom!!!!! That sounds like a nightmare!! I hate you had to go through all that. But thanks for sharing, it really drives home the importance of getting it right the first time! Not that any of that could have been avoided! I truly hope my rings turn out the correct size.

So.....I was tired of second guessing myself over this and decided that while I still have these wax molds, I was taking them (along with my current set) up to my local jeweler to check all the sizes! Here is what we found:

1. the wax molds do in fact measure 5.125 So there is not that much extra metal to be polished off.
2. my current set is a 5.5! All three rings! I have one band that was my original wedding band that is a 5.25 but all three current ones that I wear are a 5.5

With this new info and now knowing that my jeweler and Greenlake use the same sizing tools, I am certain I want a 5.5 for both bands and for the e-ring I might go a smidge smaller to keep it from spinning so bad. I told the designer a 5.375

So.....the end of the dilemma I guess! Yay!! :clap: Now I just wait and pray it fits spectacularly in the end! Thanks for the stories and feedback and support!

Wont be long now......Ill post the revised pics when I get them!

cj

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
impatiently waiting :whistle:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
apacherose... ME TOO!!! I have read it takes a bit longer with using the company I am (but I don't mind because all their reviews are super high as long as you know what you are looking at time and price wise), and I have been a bit picky with my rings, but it has been almost 3 months and I am so ready! I am currently waiting for the last photos of the wax molds to approve for production. The current issue is that along with the halo being set the wrong direction, the spacer band is rubbing the gallery of my e-ring. I don't want to have any damage in the long run and so I requested they just add a bit of height to the portion of the band under the basket. Well, they did, and she says it will still make contact while wearing them. Sooo....I asked to have a bit more added and to have the spacer a tad shorter as well. The spacer is knife edge anyways so the profile difference isn't a concern to me. If that doesn't take care of it, I mentioned adding a small donut to the bottom of the band to cause the spacer to be even further away from the gallery. I am waiting to hear back from her. It is so tempting to just have them go ahead and make them, but I don't want to have any damage to these rings that I don't have to have. UGHHH.... I never realized it would be an issue until I tried the waxes on, so I guess it really couldn't have been foreseen.....unless I knew better. Which sadly, I did not! :naughty: So, back to waiting. I am hoping I hear something by tomorrow before my designer goes on her "weekend" again. I promise I will let you all know as soon as I have more news! Here are the pics she sent of the little height addition to the band under the gallery. It looks like they added about .5 mm and Im thinking they need to at least double that and then take about .5 mm off of the "green" spacer band. I don't know, we'll see what they come up with! In the end it will all be worth it! They have done a great job so far, so Im not worried about the end result. Im just so ready to have them on my finger!!

Thanks for checking in!

cj

10-24-2014_11-14-33_am20141024120903.png

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
and looking back over my last comment, Im not sure how I put that little man with the moving eyebrows in the middle of my comment! It doesn't make a lick of sense and just disregard it please!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
**UPDATE....Ok so I finally heard back from Greenlake today and they finished the final wax models!! They are absolutely perfect and we have now moved on to casting and finishing up my rings!! It feels like it has been such a long time finalizing everything, but I can really tell the difference and I so happy with all the little detail changes that were made. So, here are latest photos and the changes are as follows

1. halo orientation was changed
2. e-ring gallery was made to sit a bit taller to avoid contact with the spacer band (this added 1 extra melee per cathedral arm)
3. spacer band was made thinner from top to bottom to help avoid contact with e-ring gallery & made 1.5mm instead of 1.6mm wide
4. ring sizes were made a bit bigger

So now I wait.....another 2-3 weeks once they are cast so hopefully I'll have my rings the first of December! Until then.....or until I have some pics! :appl:

cj

11-4-2014_2-35-29_pm20141104030050.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting to finally be nearing the end! Can't wait to see your beautiful stone in it's new home!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! December "sounds" so far away, it's crazy to think that's only a few weeks away?!! Your wax models look great!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting can't wait to see it!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006, TruLuv858, and petrock<3...thank you and yes, its terribly exciting and basically all I can think about these days! My poor husband is so ready to have them here so just he doesn't have to keep hearing about all the changes and dealing with me playing the waiting game! Anyways, it will be beautiful I know and all this waiting will have been worth it to get exactly what I've always wanted! Thanks for waiting along with me and I can't wait to be able to show off my new set!

Ill have to post photos of the new setting Im having made for my old princess cut diamond, and the new band I'm having made for all the baguettes in my old set as well. Exciting times!!

cj :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new wax model look great!! Beauty will be created!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom!! I think they are perfect now and Im sure they will be beautiful!

cj

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
CAST PHOTOS!!!!!!

Ok so my designer sent me a few photos and some of the jeweler setting the small melee diamonds! Its not complete but it is surely on the way! All thats left now is the engraving & milgrain, filigree, and main stone setting! It is set to be shipped out next Thursday, Dec 4th. Anyways, thought Id share the photos.... :love:

cj

christyprocesspics020141128110052.png

christyprocesspicsb20141128110124.jpg

christyprocesspicsa20141128110106.png

christyprocesspicsc20141128110142.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be such a knock out!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing thus far, especially with the E-W configuration! Anxiously awaiting the final result!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! The angle of the halo looks perfect! I am so happy you will be receiving your dream ring in a week or so! How exciting- it's going to be stunning- it already looks pretty perfect!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Thank you for sharing the progress pics! It looks stunning already :appl:
The angle of the halo looks great and overall it has this delicate yet substantial & sturdy made look. How exciting that you will have your ring so soon already.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results