Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Final AVR comparison...2.12 and 2.29 I VS1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
04diamond<3|1366672483|3432473 said:
DS- I know I've been like the biggest fan of the 2.29, but it's just because when everything else is the same, I always go for the bigger especially in diamonds!!! The 2.12 is also beautiful and it fits YOUR criteria. All that matters is that you're in love with your stone. You are going to be the one to wear it! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your new beauty in your hands for good!
Thanks so much, 04!!! Listen, I love that 2.29, too, and if I wear the 2.12 awhile and find that I need ;)) the 2.29, maybe it will still be there! That is the way I can look at it and not worry too much about going with the smaller one first! :bigsmile:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
30,523
diamondseeker2006|1366672809|3432480 said:
04diamond<3|1366672483|3432473 said:
DS- I know I've been like the biggest fan of the 2.29, but it's just because when everything else is the same, I always go for the bigger especially in diamonds!!! The 2.12 is also beautiful and it fits YOUR criteria. All that matters is that you're in love with your stone. You are going to be the one to wear it! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your new beauty in your hands for good!
Thanks so much, 04!!! Listen, I love that 2.29, too, and if I wear the 2.12 awhile and find that I need ;)) the 2.29, maybe it will still be there! That is the way I can look at it and not worry too much about going with the smaller one first! :bigsmile:
yeah,but here's the thing ...your VC setting will not fit a 2.75ct which i'd predict will be your next upgrade... :praise: :lol:
 

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
587
DS,

I didn't write anything as I'm not an expert and could not favor one over the other! Both are beautiful! I had a chance to see an old tiffany ring in an antique store, and oh it was so stunning! Can't wait to see your diamond set in your vatche. I bet the AVC will look amazing paired with your legacy band!
 

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
3,296
DS, since you are deciding to go for the gorgeous 2.12 ct stone and those extra funds won't be tied up, I have to ask if you saw this?!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-04ctw-victor-canera-5-stone-diamond-ring-for-sale-t188385.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-04ctw-victor-canera-5-stone-diamond-ring-for-sale-t188385.html[/URL]

From what I remember you are a big fan of that stunning ring so just thought I would make a suggestion for a RHR :Up_to_something: :naughty:

And I think you are making a great choice with 2.12 ct. It's probably what I would have done as well. You really couldn't go wrong either way.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
Dancing Fire|1366673644|3432487 said:
diamondseeker2006|1366672809|3432480 said:
04diamond<3|1366672483|3432473 said:
DS- I know I've been like the biggest fan of the 2.29, but it's just because when everything else is the same, I always go for the bigger especially in diamonds!!! The 2.12 is also beautiful and it fits YOUR criteria. All that matters is that you're in love with your stone. You are going to be the one to wear it! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your new beauty in your hands for good!
Thanks so much, 04!!! Listen, I love that 2.29, too, and if I wear the 2.12 awhile and find that I need ;)) the 2.29, maybe it will still be there! That is the way I can look at it and not worry too much about going with the smaller one first! :bigsmile:
yeah,but here's thing ...your VC setting will not fit a 2.75ct which i'd predict will be your next upgrade... :praise: :lol:
Listen, DF, I have decided to just have Vatche make a new head for my current setting until I think I am at the final stone! :lol: If I have learned one thing the hard way, it is not to jump into an expensive setting when there is a possibility of changing diamonds! Thankfully it is not expensive to remake the head of my setting since it is almost new! And I will need to take my time to be sure of the setting that I'd choose. But I do not think you'll ever see me in a 2.75 round, either! The only exception I can think of is if I found a perfect antique ring like Dreamer did with a fantastic setting at a great price. But those are few and far between.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
Sakuracherry|1366675569|3432501 said:
DS,

I didn't write anything as I'm not an expert and could not favor one over the other! Both are beautiful! I had a chance to see an old tiffany ring in an antique store, and oh it was so stunning! Can't wait to see your diamond set in your vatche. I bet the AVC will look amazing paired with your legacy band!
Oh, I love to see antique Tiffany jewelry! I do think my current setting with the Legacy band will work until the day comes that I feel 100% certain about a change. I am so glad you think it will look nice! Thanks so much! :wavey:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
stargurl78|1366675688|3432502 said:
DS, since you are deciding to go for the gorgeous 2.12 ct stone and those extra funds won't be tied up, I have to ask if you saw this?!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-04ctw-victor-canera-5-stone-diamond-ring-for-sale-t188385.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-04ctw-victor-canera-5-stone-diamond-ring-for-sale-t188385.html[/URL]

From what I remember you are a big fan of that stunning ring so just thought I would make a suggestion for a RHR :Up_to_something: :naughty:

And I think you are making a great choice with 2.12 ct. It's probably what I would have done as well. You really couldn't go wrong either way.
I DID see that!!! It is a gorgeous ring! :love: And so funny that it could take up the difference from not getting the 2.29!!! But I have so recently gotten 3 Beaudry right hand rings and the last one is in the process of being finished, so I just can't invest in another RHR this year. BUT, thank you for letting me know because that would be definitely be a top contender on my wish list if I could do another RHR!

Thank you regarding the diamond! It is good to have two great choices!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
30,523
diamondseeker2006|1366675768|3432505 said:
Dancing Fire|1366673644|3432487 said:
diamondseeker2006|1366672809|3432480 said:
04diamond<3|1366672483|3432473 said:
DS- I know I've been like the biggest fan of the 2.29, but it's just because when everything else is the same, I always go for the bigger especially in diamonds!!! The 2.12 is also beautiful and it fits YOUR criteria. All that matters is that you're in love with your stone. You are going to be the one to wear it! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your new beauty in your hands for good!
Thanks so much, 04!!! Listen, I love that 2.29, too, and if I wear the 2.12 awhile and find that I need ;)) the 2.29, maybe it will still be there! That is the way I can look at it and not worry too much about going with the smaller one first! :bigsmile:
yeah,but here's thing ...your VC setting will not fit a 2.75ct which i'd predict will be your next upgrade... :praise: :lol:
Listen, DF, I have decided to just have Vatche make a new head for my current setting until I think I am at the final stone! :lol: If I have learned one thing the hard way, it is not to jump into an expensive setting when there is a possibility of changing diamonds! Thankfully it is not expensive to remake the head of my setting since it is almost new! And I will need to take my time to be sure of the setting that I'd choose. But I do not think you'll ever see me in a 2.75 round, either! The only exception I can think of is if I found a perfect antique ring like Dreamer did with a fantastic setting at a great price. But those are few and far between.
Smart move.. ;)) I thought you were doing a custom setting with VC. I see a G-H 2.75ct coming towards you real soon,so don't go spending too much money on a custom setting yet... :lol:
 

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
2,264
Right on DS......It is nice to learn more about you, and your hard work and wonderful family. I am married 26 years and that's how we felt about upgrading my earrings. Although we were able to do it by selling family jewelry that was no longer appreciated or worn.

Enjoy the next step of this process the setting and enjoy it as much as you did selecting this 2.12 stone........

Happy Anniversary .....
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
Dancing Fire|1366676663|3432516 said:
diamondseeker2006|1366675768|3432505 said:
Dancing Fire|1366673644|3432487 said:
diamondseeker2006|1366672809|3432480 said:
04diamond<3|1366672483|3432473 said:
DS- I know I've been like the biggest fan of the 2.29, but it's just because when everything else is the same, I always go for the bigger especially in diamonds!!! The 2.12 is also beautiful and it fits YOUR criteria. All that matters is that you're in love with your stone. You are going to be the one to wear it! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your new beauty in your hands for good!
Thanks so much, 04!!! Listen, I love that 2.29, too, and if I wear the 2.12 awhile and find that I need ;)) the 2.29, maybe it will still be there! That is the way I can look at it and not worry too much about going with the smaller one first! :bigsmile:
yeah,but here's thing ...your VC setting will not fit a 2.75ct which i'd predict will be your next upgrade... :praise: :lol:
Listen, DF, I have decided to just have Vatche make a new head for my current setting until I think I am at the final stone! :lol: If I have learned one thing the hard way, it is not to jump into an expensive setting when there is a possibility of changing diamonds! Thankfully it is not expensive to remake the head of my setting since it is almost new! And I will need to take my time to be sure of the setting that I'd choose. But I do not think you'll ever see me in a 2.75 round, either! The only exception I can think of is if I found a perfect antique ring like Dreamer did with a fantastic setting at a great price. But those are few and far between.
Smart move.. ;)) I thought you were doing a custom setting with VC. I see a G-H 2.75ct coming towards you real soon,so don't go spending too much money on a custom setting yet... :lol:
Are you psychic or something? Because if you are, I'd better start saving more money! :bigsmile: (I have talked with both VC's, but I can't make a quick decision about a setting when I think there is any chance I could switch stones!)
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
heididdl|1366677022|3432524 said:
Right on DS......It is nice to learn more about you, and your hard work and wonderful family. I am married 26 years and that's how we felt about upgrading my earrings. Although we were able to do it by selling family jewelry that was no longer appreciated or worn.

Enjoy the next step of this process the setting and enjoy it as much as you did selecting this 2.12 stone........

Happy Anniversary .....
Thank you so much, Heidi! I am so happy you were able to get beautiful earrings that you love, too!!!
 

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
570
I am so happy for you and your choice! I couldn't add value in your selection process because I have never seen an AVR in person to know better. But, the stone(s) look beautiful! I am fascinated by the "pastels" in these stones and can't wait to see one in person someday! Enjoy!!! You deserve it! :appl:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
tweeter8177|1366684576|3432637 said:
I am so happy for you and your choice! I couldn't add value in your selection process because I have never seen an AVR in person to know better. But, the stone(s) look beautiful! I am fascinated by the "pastels" in these stones and can't wait to see one in person someday! Enjoy!!! You deserve it! :appl:
Very sweet of you, tweeter!!! Thanks so much! I do hope you can see one sometime!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
30,523
[quote="diamondseeker2006|
Are you psychic or something? Because if you are, I'd better start saving more money! :bigsmile: (I have talked with both VC's, but I can't make a quick decision about a setting when I think there is any chance I could switch stones!)[/quote]



A very good chance!... :bigsmile:
 

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
3,021
DS I can only imagine how beautiful both of these diamonds are in person having recently seen a few antique stones. I think using your current Vatche is a wonderful idea. Paired with either a french cut band or Van Cray band, yummy :love: Congratulations! Very happy for you :))

Btw-did you sneak in that there is a third Beaudry ring being made? More details please :naughty:
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,704
Whats this about another Beaudry....??? :naughty:

Did you get an ETA on the reset in your Vatche?
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
woofmama and Ame....from about Dec. 2011 through last year, I carefully watched the Beaudry settings at Pearlman's as they were marked down. Luckily for me, most of them were in the 6-6.5 size range which I can wear on my right hand! I first bought the one with the round sapphire for that Christmas anniversary and thought that would be it! Then I saw them be marked down more a few months later and I got the one that isn't finished yet. Then I think the last one is the asscher which is in my avatar picture, and it was my 2012 Christmas/anniversary present. That is a ring that would have sold much earlier, but they had neglected to put it on the website accidentally! So they were at like 80% off when I got that setting! Anyway, all three settings have a different shape center stone and look very different from each other, except that they are all sort of antique style. I am getting a colored stone for the last one as it would take about a 2.5-3 ct diamond! This one will be for this Christmas/anniversary, I imagine, or maybe my birthday, so that is why it isn't finished yet!

Regarding the Vatche quote, it is quite reasonable to replace my head, around $250. So I am very excited about that and think it will be the best thing to do since I am totally uncertain about committing to a very expensive setting for the rest of my life! And I do LOVE french cut bands, Van C bands, and my current Legacy band, so there really is good reason to keep the diamond in a relatively simple setting. That is what is holding me back from going with the Van C setting that I love for the diamond. I could only wear a very simple band with it.
 

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
1,630
I'm so glad you chose the 2.12 diamondseeker! It's amazingly beautiful!!! :love:

Congratulations!

Cachette :))
 

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
367
Hi DS :wavey:

I'm SO late to your party, but I'm very happy that you picked the AVR finally!!
They are both gorgeous, and I KNOW you will be happy with either of them. With the Vatche setting, we'll be a ring twin!
I sure do enjoy mine every day, and the gorgeous flower pattern put a smile on my face...(except I want it a tiny bit bigger :lol: )
I didn't know Jon was cutting bigger AVR, I'll have to check GOG site more often then! Can't wait to see yours set!!!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
wintotty|1366727536|3432887 said:
Hi DS :wavey:

I'm SO late to your party, but I'm very happy that you picked the AVR finally!!
They are both gorgeous, and I KNOW you will be happy with either of them. With the Vatche setting, we'll be a ring twin!
I sure do enjoy mine every day, and the gorgeous flower pattern put a smile on my face...(except I want it a tiny bit bigger :lol: )
I didn't know Jon was cutting bigger AVR, I'll have to check GOG site more often then! Can't wait to see yours set!!!
I told Jon I might need to at least LOOK at your current stone when you get your upgrade! :lol: They are so beautiful, though! It is the only stone that really tempts me to go larger!

Would you set your final one in the Vatche or a simple solitaire or do you think you'd go with a more elaborate setting?
 

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
677
As my friend's father used to say, "There is always someone prettier than you, and smarter than you." Doesn't apply to diamonds exactly, but there will always be bigger and better. It's always nice to want what we have :praise:

(But it doesn't mean you can't be a serious appreciater of other ones)
 

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
367
diamondseeker2006|1366729423|3432914 said:
wintotty|1366727536|3432887 said:
Hi DS :wavey:

I'm SO late to your party, but I'm very happy that you picked the AVR finally!!
They are both gorgeous, and I KNOW you will be happy with either of them. With the Vatche setting, we'll be a ring twin!
I sure do enjoy mine every day, and the gorgeous flower pattern put a smile on my face...(except I want it a tiny bit bigger :lol: )
I didn't know Jon was cutting bigger AVR, I'll have to check GOG site more often then! Can't wait to see yours set!!!
I told Jon I might need to at least LOOK at your current stone when you get your upgrade! :lol: They are so beautiful, though! It is the only stone that really tempts me to go larger!

Would you set your final one in the Vatche or a simple solitaire or do you think you'd go with a more elaborate setting?
You probably should! It amazes me everyday that this is K color stone, it is SO bright and SO white to my eyes....now I'm really a fan of brown tinted diamonds if all play out like this particular AVR. At this point, I'm SUPER happy with the simple solitaire and not even considering the option for elaborate setting. I think if I were to go with something elaborate, considering the size of the stone, I will have to set it low............and I learned that I HATE low setting. So I'm pretty set with Vatche solitaire, only option I sort of like is some of the JBEG signature settings.... but will see how it goes *once* I get my upgrade....someday LOL
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
backwardsandinheels|1366731034|3432928 said:
As my friend's father used to say, "There is always someone prettier than you, and smarter than you." Doesn't apply to diamonds exactly, but there will always be bigger and better. It's always nice to want what we have :praise:

(But it doesn't mean you can't be a serious appreciater of other ones)
That is absolutely true!!!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
wintotty|1366731821|3432938 said:
diamondseeker2006|1366729423|3432914 said:
wintotty|1366727536|3432887 said:
Hi DS :wavey:

I'm SO late to your party, but I'm very happy that you picked the AVR finally!!
They are both gorgeous, and I KNOW you will be happy with either of them. With the Vatche setting, we'll be a ring twin!
I sure do enjoy mine every day, and the gorgeous flower pattern put a smile on my face...(except I want it a tiny bit bigger :lol: )
I didn't know Jon was cutting bigger AVR, I'll have to check GOG site more often then! Can't wait to see yours set!!!
I told Jon I might need to at least LOOK at your current stone when you get your upgrade! :lol: They are so beautiful, though! It is the only stone that really tempts me to go larger!

Would you set your final one in the Vatche or a simple solitaire or do you think you'd go with a more elaborate setting?
You probably should! It amazes me everyday that this is K color stone, it is SO bright and SO white to my eyes....now I'm really a fan of brown tinted diamonds if all play out like this particular AVR. At this point, I'm SUPER happy with the simple solitaire and not even considering the option for elaborate setting. I think if I were to go with something elaborate, considering the size of the stone, I will have to set it low............and I learned that I HATE low setting. So I'm pretty set with Vatche solitaire, only option I sort of like is some of the JBEG signature settings.... but will see how it goes *once* I get my upgrade....someday LOL
Yes, I am very intrigued by the brown tint! I am so glad you are happy with a simple setting. Honestly, I think that fits me best, too. Glad you have a nice diamond to keep you company until "the one"comes along!!!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
ame|1366723630|3432844 said:
Whats this about another Beaudry....??? :naughty:

Did you get an ETA on the reset in your Vatche?
Duh, I didn't answer this! It would go to Vatche this Thursday and all I know is it took less than 2 weeks to make the whole ring, so I am just expecting up to two weeks for this. But I don't think they have asked the time frame yet.
 

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
19,132
Glad you went with the 2.12 DS. I think you will be very happy and the beauty is, nothing is permanent so there is always room to change again if you and when you want too!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
mrssalvo|1366810050|3433605 said:
Glad you went with the 2.12 DS. I think you will be very happy and the beauty is, nothing is permanent so there is always room to change again if you and when you want too!
Thanks, MrsS!!! I wish I could set them both and try them out for a month, but that is a lot of trouble and expense! And yes, thankfully there is such thing as an upgrade policy! Poor Jonathan! :lol:
 

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
3,693
Did you change your mind? I see the 2.12 back up on GOG's site...
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,112
ecf8503|1367013693|3435215 said:
Did you change your mind? I see the 2.12 back up on GOG's site...
:lol: Oh, that did not take long!!! I am probably THE craziest person poor Jonathan has ever dealt with, but I still had some doubts about the 2.29 in spite of thinking it may be too big and too $$$. Soooooo.....I am going to try out the 2.29 and see how I feel about it since it is not expensive to redo the head of my ring. They have a nice 30 day return period and I will have to hope the 2.12 does not sell during that time. If I find the 2.29 is perfect, then I will keep it. If I decide it is over the top in size, then I will switch it for the 2.12. I just hated feeling like I was passing up a potentially great stone without actually trying it in a setting. I just can't tell much in those ring holders that has the stone sitting up an inch off the finger! The diamond and my setting are going to Vatche on Monday. I really think the 2.12 makes more sense, but diamonds and sense don't always go together!!! :twirl: :bigsmile:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top