shape
carat
color
clarity

Final AVR comparison...2.12 and 2.29 I VS1

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and looks so white! I hope you keep this one. To me the price difference is definitely worth it to get such a large and gorgeous stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does not look too big to me! I think it's beautiful on your hand and if I didn't think so, I wouldn't say so!

I love how the larger stone makes these prongs look swoopier - if that's a word which I'm sure it isn't except in PS land!

I really love the look with your band too - it's gorgeous DS!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks "perfect" to me, too!!! :appl: I really think you should keep it--your new set looks fabulous together! Can't wait to see it in person! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course that's just beautiful. :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout:

Looks so great, esp. with your Tiffany band!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
OH DS it is just lovely on your hand. I promise you people will always notice it but it will fit into your life style just fine. It is too perfect a stone to go back to the 2.12 and what are we talking about in size .18 keep it love it stare at it. three months later and I still stare at my studs I actually down loaded an app for my phone last night called smart mirror which in a push of a button shows either your left ear or right ear close up. LOL So the thrill never goes away.

I will be so sad if 2.29 goes back

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is truly an exquisite stone and it is my favorite make! It looks lovely on your hand and I am excited for you!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Crown height is sooo cool...........

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...so beautiful!!! :love: :appl:

Gosh, to me (and remember I am biased towards larger stones) this is the perfect balance of big enough to see the large faceting, but not TOO big. I am sure people will notice it but probably more because of the stunning cut since it will be throwing off all kinds of colored light.

You should wear it around and see if you feel self conscious with it on. But it is so beautiful, classy and tasteful in that understated setting. I think you will get used to the size. :D

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! Just in time for Vegas! I will be looking for you and this beauty! Shouldn't be too difficult to spot you in the crowd! Amazing! :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the perfect size for you, not too big at all!! What are your first impressions? Does it feel too big or just right?

It's gorgeous and I hope you keep it!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody!!! I am so happy you all like it! I went out to lunch with a friend with a small diamond, and I have to admit that I put the ring in my purse right before I went in the restaurant. I need a little more time to adjust! I love looking at it, though!

MGR... the prongs ARE more swoopy!!!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
It is very nice on you. Personal preference time...think it out.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it looks spectacular! But it might be wasted on the interior of your purse. If you won't be comfortable, no matter how beautiful it is, it sounds like it will frustrate you.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
DS- It's gorgeous!!!!! Doesn't look to big at all- I'm looking forward to seeing this in person in just a few days!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369769588|3455209 said:
I think it looks spectacular! But it might be wasted on the interior of your purse. If you won't be comfortable, no matter how beautiful it is, it sounds like it will frustrate you.

That is a good point...if you will be too self-conscious to wear it, it will go to waste! Then it would be better to get the smaller stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369769588|3455209 said:

:lol: How true! I'll tell you something funny. I was glad I didn't have it on. Almost immediately after sitting down she was touching her ring finger and said she felt naked because she forgot to put her rings back on! So focus was on rings momentarily and I was just glad I didn't have it on! But I have friends with all sizes of diamonds. I wouldn't feel weird all the time. I just have to decide what percentage of time I'd be uncomfortable! :lol:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful, too, and not at all garish or over the top! That said, if you are going to be uncomfortable wearing it, you should definitely get the smaller one. I don't really think the 2.12 will look appreciably smaller, but it sounds like it might be more mind clean for you. That's a very important factor in this crazy world of diamonds. But make no mistake, I think it's amazing and hope you can wear it and enjoy it as is!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate every comment, and I also look forward to seeing all the Las Vegas bound people in just a few days!! :wavey:

Our older daughter saw the ring a little while ago, and I asked her if it was too large. I expected her to say yes. But she said it needs an antique setting. She can't see it in a plain solitaire because she thinks the setting is half the look of the ring. So it was interesting to me that she didn't say it looked ridiculously huge or something, but I don't want a really blingy setting either!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah, but antique and blingy are two different things! Think about, say, Missy's setting - it's understated but tremendously elegant and very appropriate to the era in which her stone was cut. Would something like that appeal to you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1369778911|3455295 said:
Ah, but antique and blingy are two different things! Think about, say, Missy's setting - it's understated but tremendously elegant and very appropriate to the era in which her stone was cut. Would something like that appeal to you?

Oh, I love, love Missy's setting! :love: I had talked to Victor a little about settings when I was first looking at these two stones (and Van Craeynest, too). But I have some kind of commitment phobia because it is hard to narrow it down to just one! I love the diamond in the current setting, but I realize that it is like a piece of art that is enhanced by the right frame. So I know I probably need to decide on an antique style setting. I just wanted to be able to wear it while I decide, so that was one reason to set it in the solitaire for now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, I don't think its too big, but I am a size wh@#% from way back.... You need to wear it woman!!!! Get used to it, Vegas will hopefully make you comfortable with it. There is no point shelling out a heap of cash if you are going to keep hiding it away from friends and family. If it makes you uncomfortable at all ever then its time to rethink it....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh come on DS, just us the truth!.We know that you have already decided to keep this baby... :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
That's funny dancing Fire I think she is looking for a way not to keep it. next time you are at lunch just turn the ring inside your hand that's what I do then just the band shows. But noone is judging you and really 2.29 is not that big ( I know it is to you)....Its just like a new hair cut or adding bangs you just have to get used to it . The difference is bangs won't fit in your pocket book lol

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
DS- thanx for that profile shot.

Vatche has done a great job. it looks amazing. Beautiful result.

Wear it/ her with confidence! you may need to name her/him/ it now! :Up_to_something:

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I honestly think you shouldn't be worried about the size, it is absolutely perfect!!! It will take a bit to get used to, but from my experience with an upgrade, the self consciousness will quickly go away. You bought it for you and you should enjoy it!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
It's truly beautiful and not large at all. I wouldn't be sending the diamond back.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

What a pretty ring! It's really stunning. I love your set!!!!
Please don't bring it back. :nono:
Enjoy wearing it. :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, that is an exquisite stone and setting. I would keep it since you so loved the cutter and I don't think it is so much larger than the 2.12 you had. However, if I felt the need to put it into my purse I might reconsider as it won't sparkle from there lol. As a teacher, my sweet spot is a bit smaller and when I tried a two carat I felt I couldn't wear it in the classroom so I returned. But you say that your social circle has all sizes, I would just keep and it enjoy gazing into that mesmerizing cut. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Truly a gorgeous stone! Enjoy :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! It is truly gorgeous and I can take a couple of weeks to decide if it is the right size or not. I did wear it out last night and kept it on my finger! The first place was my daughter's school gym with those wonderful overhead lights that made the diamond sparkle like mad! I had to try to subtly look down at my hands! Then we went to a friend's house and they didn't notice so I got through that just fine! lol!

Sandeek, I have been a teacher as well, and I couldn't have worn larger than my 1.6 ct stone there. I think the reason I tried a 2 ct was that the faceting in the AVR is prettier the larger the stone, so that is the only thing that brought me over the 2 ct mark! However, I am sure I'd be more comfortable wearing the 2.12, but this one is really gorgeous so I don't know!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results