shape
carat
color
clarity

Final AVR comparison...2.12 and 2.29 I VS1

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
No news, but they were supposed to give me a call on May 20th. I'm not bugging them, although, I want to! :rodent:
As of May 17, they were finishing metal work on the band and getting ready to set stones into everything. I'm assuming this is jewelry's high season and they are crazy busy. I don't want to rush hand made craftsmanship. Sounds like the GTG was fun! I hope to attend one day but in the meantime I appreciate your eyewitness account. Thank you for that-
Awaiting your SMTB!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
backwardsandinheels|1370262030|3458065 said:
No news, but they were supposed to give me a call on May 20th. I'm not bugging them, although, I want to! :rodent:
As of May 17, they were finishing metal work on the band and getting ready to set stones into everything. I'm assuming this is jewelry's high season and they are crazy busy. I don't want to rush hand made craftsmanship. Sounds like the GTG was fun! I hope to attend one day but in the meantime I appreciate your eyewitness account. Thank you for that-
Awaiting your SMTB!

Okay, well I agree with not rushing them since getting it done well is most important! Hopefully it won't be much longer!

The GTG was just great fun!

Haven't decided whether to do a SMTB thread now or wait until I decide on a more appropriate setting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370289063|3458330 said:
Awaiting your SMTB!

Okay, well I agree with not rushing them since getting it done well is most important! Hopefully it won't be much longer!

Haven't decided whether to do a SMTB thread now or wait until I decide on a more appropriate setting.

I vote BOTH! Having seent this beauty in person, there could never be enough pics!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS start a thread now! There is nothing inappropriate about your solitaire mount and it will be decades to find the right vintage inspired setting :sun:

By the way, now that I have seen your photos from the GTG I think you are absolutely classy and beautiful and stylish enough to wear this gorgeous large diamond and have it look perfectly at home! It absolutely fits with your overall "look" and I hope you can embrace and adore it. You are a classy dame and this classy jewel fits right in. I cannot imagine anyone else looking at you wearing it and thinking one negative thing.

Not that you need to be classy to rock the bling :devil: I myself am very casual and still wear my rings riding my bike to work at a job where many of my colleagues were socks with their Birkenstock sandals! But, if "fit" between lifestyle and jewels matters to you, I think you have found it.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
So reading through the lines I guess you have accepted your destiny and are keeping the 2.29 and finding it the perfect home. So happy . Yes I agree we would love to see photos. Is there going to be a feed from the convention or are there privacy issues with us seeing photos. as I would love to see everyones bling and how you all look together

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1370291091|3458353 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370289063|3458330 said:
Awaiting your SMTB!

I vote BOTH! Having seent this beauty in person, there could never be enough pics!

You are too sweet, DeeJay!!! I absolutely loved our time together! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1370296097|3458401 said:
DS start a thread now! There is nothing inappropriate about your solitaire mount and it will be decades to find the right vintage inspired setting :sun:

By the way, now that I have seen your photos from the GTG I think you are absolutely classy and beautiful and stylish enough to wear this gorgeous large diamond and have it look perfectly at home! It absolutely fits with your overall "look" and I hope you can embrace and adore it. You are a classy dame and this classy jewel fits right in. I cannot imagine anyone else looking at you wearing it and thinking one negative thing.

Not that you need to be classy to rock the bling :devil: I myself am very casual and still wear my rings riding my bike to work at a job where many of my colleagues were socks with their Birkenstock sandals! But, if "fit" between lifestyle and jewels matters to you, I think you have found it.

Hahaha!!! No kidding about decades!!! :lol:

That is truly one of the nicest compliments I have ever been paid, Dreamer! I am super casual most of the time, trust me! I rarely go anywhere that requires more than jeans or capris!!! :bigsmile:

I am leaning towards keeping it partly because of all the mind clean issues (cutter and perfect cut) and I don't think in the final analysis it is going to cost as much as I had thought. Plus, as you said before, to a casual observer, the 2.12 is going to be big, too, so there's no point in going to the 2.12 just because it's smaller.

Thank you my friend!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1370296467|3458408 said:
So reading through the lines I guess you have accepted your destiny and are keeping the 2.29 and finding it the perfect home. So happy . Yes I agree we would love to see photos. Is there going to be a feed from the convention or are there privacy issues with us seeing photos. as I would love to see everyones bling and how you all look together

Heidi, I am leaning towards keeping it but will probably decide for sure this week! I had just gotten it right before the trip and haven't even worn it around here yet!

I started a thread in Hangout about the Las Vegas trip and there are lots of pics posted there!!! So take a look!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1370298448|3458428 said:
Dreamer_D|1370296097|3458401 said:

Hahaha!!! No kidding about decades!!! :lol:

That is truly one of the nicest compliments I have ever been paid, Dreamer! I am super casual most of the time, trust me! I rarely go anywhere that requires more than jeans or capris!!! :bigsmile:

I am leaning towards keeping it partly because of all the mind clean issues (cutter and perfect cut) and I don't think in the final analysis it is going to cost as much as I had thought. Plus, as you said before, to a casual observer, the 2.12 is going to be big, too, so there's no point in going to the 2.12 just because it's smaller.

Thank you my friend!!!

Well class is not about the dressy clothing! Its an aura, and you got it babe!

I am going to look at more GTG pics, they are great.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
DS, it looked perfect. You'd be crazy to not keep it! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1370311621|3458571 said:
DS, it looked perfect. You'd be crazy to not keep it! :bigsmile:

FK, it was such a delight when I first realized you were at the party! And oh, to see your diamond was one of the highlights of the night, seriously! One thing it did for me was to be able to compare my newly cut OEC to a very fine quality antique one (yours), and I found them to look very much alike (other than the obvious size difference)! That made me feel like I had made a good choice because I don't have the fortitude, time, patience, energy, and just pure luck that you and a few others have had finding perfect OEC's at a great price point! Now I am certainly keeping my eyes open for more OEC's that are a great deal for other projects, but having one keeps me happy for now!!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
So, you are keeping it? I loved it from the start! :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a ring!! :appl:

Cachette :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1370352483|3458742 said:

:wavey: HI, Classy!!! Oh, I may be leaning that way! I am just now getting to really live with it after being in Las Vegas, so I'll decide soon!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cachette|1370357360|3458782 said:
It is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a ring!! :appl:

Cachette :))

Thanks so much, Cachette! :bigsmile: You did well if you even found the new pics since I think they are buried on page 11 or something!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
sorry (ideeli under june birthstone)

pearldangle.jpg

pearldangles.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks, Heidi!!! :appl:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1370371483|3458904 said:

:wavey: HI, Classy!!! Oh, I may be leaning that way! I am just now getting to really live with it after being in Las Vegas, so I'll decide soon!!!

:wavey: it really looks "at home" on you! I bet you received many compliments on it in LV! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1370386898|3459041 said:

:wavey: it really looks "at home" on you! I bet you received many compliments on it in LV! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you so much! I think I am growing more attached to this one! I did receive some very nice compliments, but it was one of many, many beautiful diamonds there!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1370398682|3459164 said:

Thank you so much! I think I am growing more attached to this one! I did receive some very nice compliments, but it was one of many, many beautiful diamonds there!

Only what it deserved! It was absolutely perfect on you!! I do hope that you keep it, as it is stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1370398951|3459166 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370398682|3459164 said:

Only what it deserved! It was absolutely perfect on you!! I do hope that you keep it, as it is stunning!

That means a lot coming from the person with about the most amazing pair of rings there, yenny!!! Thank you!!! {{{hugs}}}

aspalmer84

Rough_Rock
Hey DS!

I'm glad to see everything is working out for you with the new diamond! It looks really nice!

Well... she said YES!!! So here is a picture I took right after I proposed, and a "glamour shot" Brian Gavin sent me of the ring...

img_2713_0.jpg

briangavin_tiffany_apalmer4b_053013.jpg

I still really love the AVR's and hope to maybe one day get her a pendant or something.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aspalmer84|1370402592|3459196 said:
Hey DS!

I'm glad to see everything is working out for you with the new diamond! It looks really nice!

Well... she said YES!!! So here is a picture I took right after I proposed, and a "glamour shot" Brian Gavin sent me of the ring...

img_2713_0.jpg

briangavin_tiffany_apalmer4b_053013.jpg

I still really love the AVR's and hope to maybe one day get her a pendant or something.

Hey! :wavey: Wow, that is so gorgeous and I KNOW she is thrilled!!! :appl: Congratulations!!! Now go post a thread with these pics on the Show Me the Bling part of the forum so everyone can see it!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey DS,

Sorry to threadjack here, but I need some advice, are you replacing your asscher or getting an AVR as well as the asscher? Were you unhappy with the asscher??? Sorry if this seems vague but I am wondering about a vintage asscher at the moment, so I thought you might be the person to ask. If you are replacing it, is this because the asscher doesn't have the fire/light return of the AVR or because the cut of asschers are smaller so if someone gave you a honking great big ascher would you consider choose it over the AVR?

Thanks!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1370583042|3460742 said:
Hey DS,

Sorry to threadjack here, but I need some advice, are you replacing your asscher or getting an AVR as well as the asscher? Were you unhappy with the asscher??? Sorry if this seems vague but I am wondering about a vintage asscher at the moment, so I thought you might be the person to ask. If you are replacing it, is this because the asscher doesn't have the fire/light return of the AVR or because the cut of asschers are smaller so if someone gave you a honking great big ascher would you consider choose it over the AVR?

Thanks!!!!

Hi, Arkie! It is funny you would ask me that! No, my asscher ring is a right hand ring and just has a 1 ct asscher in it so I am keeping it. The AVR is a replacement for the round brilliant e-rings I have always had. If I could only have one diamond, I guess it would be a round because I do think they are the most brilliant of all. But for a second diamond, my top choices are antique cushion, asscher or emerald cut. I have also seen an incredible vintage asscher in the last day, and I will tell you that it tempts me, too! But I would not personally want a color that low for my primary e-ring, but I would absolutely consider it to set in a halo as a second ring or right hand ring. So it does not tempt me to give up my AVR. And I don't think there is any other type of stone that would. But if we weren't just doing this upgrade, I would sooo be sending for the vintage asscher to look at. I am tempted to do it anyway, but I think it is my diamond addiction tempting me and it is not very realistic! I'll be interested to see what you decide!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370612052|3460841 said:
arkieb1|1370583042|3460742 said:
Hey DS,

Thanks!!!!

Hi, Arkie! It is funny you would ask me that! No, my asscher ring is a right hand ring and just has a 1 ct asscher in it so I am keeping it. The AVR is a replacement for the round brilliant e-rings I have always had. If I could only have one diamond, I guess it would be a round because I do think they are the most brilliant of all. But for a second diamond, my top choices are antique cushion, asscher or emerald cut. I have also seen an incredible vintage asscher in the last day, and I will tell you that it tempts me, too! But I would not personally want a color that low for my primary e-ring, but I would absolutely consider it to set in a halo as a second ring or right hand ring. So it does not tempt me to give up my AVR. And I don't think there is any other type of stone that would. But if we weren't just doing this upgrade, I would sooo be sending for the vintage asscher to look at. I am tempted to do it anyway, but I think it is my diamond addiction tempting me and it is not very realistic! I'll be interested to see what you decide!

I actually think we are talking about the SAME low coloured Vintage Asscher!!!! Hint someone bought it not that long ago and now its back for sale (I think they may have purchased that big antique Emerald ring at the Vegas gathering instead....). I LOVE the stone hate the colour, and I have already have a right hand ring TDF so I am not sure I can justify another one... but its tempting me no end, so I am glad I asked you. Have you seen it in person?? I am pretty sure we are talking about the same stone here... I am trying to behave myself because I really want a honker OEC for a replacement e-ring as I sold a 2.30 RB I had last year.... been patiently waiting as you know for the right stone for the longest time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figured we were talking about the same stone! I did see the 5 ct EC ring and it was amazing! Had it been 3 cts instead of 5, I would have already had it sent to me! I did not see the asscher, unfortunately. If it were me, I'd stick to the OEC for an e-ring and only get the asscher if you can have an extra! I am so tempted, but our last child is going to be a senior next year so we have maybe a trip for her next summer and then college ahead, and I need to watch my spending since I don't work full time anymore!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Dreamer...you are definitely a classy and elegant lady! I can't wait to see what you do with your setting. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results