shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Feeling Thankful! Meet Coco, my 4.56 OEC Upgrade!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
This week seemed so beyond fitting that I would receive this Beautiful Ring, feeling Thankful is truly an understatement.

Firstly, I just want to thank those who have been so open to answering my MILLIONS of questions here on the Boards! Specifically @Cerulean @missy , @Austina and @Mreader ! I really appreciate your thoughtful replies... And a very special Thank you to @lulu_ma who held my virtual hand throughout the process and was truly invested in this journey, I still send her pics and questions on the daily and she has been so darn cool in sharing in my excitement- including Name brainstorming! So many of you over the years have been so kind in your time and responses from my original 2.5 OMB from BE back in 2010, to my reset in 2016 and now...My “Final” reset. I put that in quotes because although I believe she is IT, and according to my DH, he doesn’t want to hear about Diamonds ever again, God Bless him, this is the world of PS!

Alright, on to the deets!

So, like many of you have experienced, I have had a serious case of DSS over the last few years...which is why I reset my original stone back in 2016 into a fully encrusted Halo setting with Mark at BE, she sure was beautiful- all of the bells and whistles... but I honestly felt like I outgrew her. I longed for one BIG STONE. I ventured into the world of lab diamonds for a hot minute, but quickly realized it just wasn't a mind clean decision for me, at least not for an Engagement ring, I wouldn't be opposed to a band or earrings in the future. I also looked at Emerald cuts, but realized I appreciated the step cuts more in a band than the main star of the show. I looked at Pears, and Ovals, because I craved size, but they didn't give me the FEEL that old cuts did. I looked at Cushions and then discovered OEC's, which, btw, never really interested me much because MRB's aren't my thing- they are beautiful, just not for me. Ironically, a round solitaire was the LAST THING I wanted when we originally went Engagement ring shopping 13 years ago… however, the look and vibe of OEC's just landed differently at this point of my journey, like "Ah-Ha! This is what I have been waiting for!" Let’s face it, Round Solitaires are just so classic! She is just so fitting at this juncture of my life…And this one, well, I think she is a Door Knob, and should curb the old DSS!! I will say, that I got used to the size MUCH FASTER than I anticipated, like within the hour, lol!

I began to reach out to all of the usual suspects in the Old Cut world, Adam, Alex, Mark, Dolly, Diana, and David F... but it was Becca at 88 Star Jewels who found "The One." I wasn't sold originally, as she is a bit "Off Circle," she isn't perfectly round, but she is an Old Cut, and dang it if they aren't beautiful! I would also like to share that Becca was WONDERFUL throughout the entire process, it's sooo nerve wracking to send TENS OF THOUSANDS to a total stranger you have only known for a week via wire! I discovered her as she is the one who sourced @Resonance.Of.Life's Holy Grail Cushion, and knowing how particular she is and owning some of the most gorgeous stones I have ever seen on PS I figured I would be in good hands! And I was, and she was awesome.

Coco (Chanel) seemed like a very fitting Moniker, she is just so Stylish, Chic, and FANCY!
Anyway, I've been keeping her to myself for a few days now, and am so excited to share her with you all!

Coco’s Details:

OEC (Circular Brilliant via GIA)
OP, VS2
4.56 cts.
10.49 x 10.86 x 6.45 mm
60.4% Depth
55% Table

She is set in a custom Platinum Crown Solitaire, 8 Prong via DK… the design details are a mix of some designs I’ve seen here, EW’s Margot and a Victor Barone design.

If you have read this far, Thank you! Enjoy the oodles of pics forthcoming!

With Love and Appreciation,

TruLuv & Coco
IMG_3524.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpeg
    IMG_3534.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3519.jpeg
    IMG_3519.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_3510.jpeg
    IMG_3510.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
My my what a rock! I love her and she looks great on your long slender fingers!!! Coco is a brilliant name as well. Wear her in good health! Oh man I laughed at the DH sick of hearing about diamonds. That is what PS is for Hahahhaha.

Omg! I’m loco for coco!! What an absolutely STUNNING ring and I adore it with the band ❤️❤️❤️

Also she is so dang white! I would’ve thought at OP there would be some visible yellow (which is what my experience with OP OECs led me to believe) but nope, not at all.

She’s just stunning. Maybe my favourite ring set on PS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coco is beautiful. Wear her in good health and blingy joy ♥️

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is gorgeous! Breathtaking. The diamond looks great in the crown! :kiss2:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! She looks perfect and so classic on your finger. Enjoy this beauty!!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
This week seemed so beyond fitting that I would receive this Beautiful Ring, feeling Thankful is truly an understatement.

Firstly, I just want to thank those who have been so open to answering my MILLIONS of questions here on the Boards! Specifically @Cerulean @missy , @Austina and @Mreader ! I really appreciate your thoughtful replies... And a very special Thank you to @lulu_ma who held my virtual hand throughout the process and was truly invested in this journey, I still send her pics and questions on the daily and she has been so darn cool in sharing in my excitement- including Name brainstorming! So many of you over the years have been so kind in your time and responses from my original 2.5 OMB from BE back in 2010, to my reset in 2016 and now...My “Final” reset. I put that in quotes because although I believe she is IT, and according to my DH, he doesn’t want to hear about Diamonds ever again, God Bless him, this is the world of PS!

Alright, on to the deets!

So, like many of you have experienced, I have had a serious case of DSS over the last few years...which is why I reset my original stone back in 2016 into a fully encrusted Halo setting with Mark at BE, she sure was beautiful- all of the bells and whistles... but I honestly felt like I outgrew her. I longed for one BIG STONE. I ventured into the world of lab diamonds for a hot minute, but quickly realized it just wasn't a mind clean decision for me, at least not for an Engagement ring, I wouldn't be opposed to a band or earrings in the future. I also looked at Emerald cuts, but realized I appreciated the step cuts more in a band than the main star of the show. I looked at Pears, and Ovals, because I craved size, but they didn't give me the FEEL that old cuts did. I looked at Cushions and then discovered OEC's, which, btw, never really interested me much because MRB's aren't my thing- they are beautiful, just not for me. Ironically, a round solitaire was the LAST THING I wanted when we originally went Engagement ring shopping 13 years ago… however, the look and vibe of OEC's just landed differently at this point of my journey, like "Ah-Ha! This is what I have been waiting for!" Let’s face it, Round Solitaires are just so classic! She is just so fitting at this juncture of my life…And this one, well, I think she is a Door Knob, and should curb the old DSS!! I will say, that I got used to the size MUCH FASTER than I anticipated, like within the hour, lol!

I began to reach out to all of the usual suspects in the Old Cut world, Adam, Alex, Mark, Dolly, Diana, and David F... but it was Becca at 88 Star Jewels who found "The One." I wasn't sold originally, as she is a bit "Off Circle," she isn't perfectly round, but she is an Old Cut, and dang it if they aren't beautiful! I would also like to share that Becca was WONDERFUL throughout the entire process, it's sooo nerve wracking to send TENS OF THOUSANDS to a total stranger you have only known for a week via wire! I discovered her as she is the one who sourced @Resonance.Of.Life's Holy Grail Cushion, and knowing how particular she is and owning some of the most gorgeous stones I have ever seen on PS I figured I would be in good hands! And I was, and she was awesome.

Coco (Chanel) seemed like a very fitting Moniker, she is just so Stylish, Chic, and FANCY!
Anyway, I've been keeping her to myself for a few days now, and am so excited to share her with you all!

Coco’s Details:

OEC (Circular Brilliant via GIA)
OP, VS2
4.56 cts.
10.49 x 10.86 x 6.45 mm
60.4% Depth
55% Table

She is set in a custom Platinum Crown Solitaire, 8 Prong via DK… the design details are a mix of some designs I’ve seen here, EW’s Margot and a Victor Barone design.

If you have read this far, Thank you! Enjoy the oodles of pics forthcoming!

With Love and Appreciation,

TruLuv & Coco
IMG_3524.jpeg

Stunning! Wishing you many years of joy with CoCo and have a great Thanksgiving.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is beautiful! Gorgeous facets & she looks stunning on your hand!

Congratulations on your “final” upgrade!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Ohmygoodness Coco is PERFECT!!!!!

Congrats to you! She’s a beautiful size on your hand. What’s your ring size?

Love the faceting! And the 8 prong setting is just perfect. Love how he kept it low so it would be wearable.

Also, that is the very whitest OP I can imagine!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!! It’s beautiful!!

Edited for auto correct!

Last edited:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Coco looks absolutely fabulous on your hand! I really like her setting too. Wear her in good health and congrats on the upgrade. We need more pics though!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all!! I will be back to address all of your comments, personally! I will be sure to add a few more pics too, because she is BRIGHT, but she shows her OP buttery color in bright sunny light!

Also, I am a size 4.25!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she is so gorgeous with those BIG bold facets! LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW What a stunning antique diamond! I adore your setting design, which incorporates a lot of wonderful things: graceful swooping shoulders, beautiful visibility of the pavilion peeking from the crown prongs, and a rounded generous width shank (balancing, grounding, luxurious). Coco looks perfect with your eternity and on your hand!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, Coco is marvelous. :love: I love love her faceting and the setting you've chosen. The band also pairs perfectly with her.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
She's beautiful!!! And looks absolutely perfect on your hand <3

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning stone in a timeless, gorgeous setting. Love everything about it - you must be thrilled!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more pics…

So few things I left out of my original post… she is GORGEOUS, and classic, and I feel so lucky to have found her. She is spready for a 4.56, and she is BRIGHT! She is white in some lighting conditions and buttery in true OP fashion on a super sunny day. She is a legit chameleon, best described as “Lacey.” I was actually really concerned she would be too warm for me when I first saw her against the white and blue diamond parchment paper, and almost said “No,” can you even imagine?! She actually looks so much more bright in her new setting, despite the fact that she is an OP. I had read everywhere on these boards that most people ended up setting their warmer diamonds in gold because platinum created too much of a contrast. When I put her against any gold, she picked it right up and looked very golden, but then I would put her against platinum and she was BRIGHT. She is a mirror and she reflects everything around her. I have found that I love her in platinum. I actually feared that Coco would arrive and I would be bit dissapointed...because I was afraid she would look "murkey," and she is anything but!

Also, can we talk about Coco’s faceting? She has BIG FAT petals in the center, and also offers a bit of a checkerboard off of the petals to her edges, a true combo. Her center petals are so big they almost look fake, lol!

I also thought being “off circle” would bother me, another reason I almost said “No,” but I set her N/S and she looks like a perfect circle to me!

Anyway, I will get to each of your incredibly thoughtful comments! I just wanted to share a few more photos! You can see a dash of her warmth in some of them
IMG_3516.jpeg IMG_3516.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3507.jpeg
    IMG_3507.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@TruLuv858 Congratulations on your gorgeous ring! I love the faceting pattern—and also how your hand looks so beautiful, and would do so even sans ring! I have shorter fingers so I always admire long fingers with lots of ring-real-estate. :kiss2:

Your ring is superb on you!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
My my what a rock! I love her and she looks great on your long slender fingers!!! Coco is a brilliant name as well. Wear her in good health! Oh man I laughed at the DH sick of hearing about diamonds. That is what PS is for Hahahhaha.
Thank you so much @Mreader! I have really appreciated your insight througout this process and LOVE following you along on Instagram!

Omg! I’m loco for coco!! What an absolutely STUNNING ring and I adore it with the band ❤️❤️❤️

Also she is so dang white! I would’ve thought at OP there would be some visible yellow (which is what my experience with OP OECs led me to believe) but nope, not at all.

She’s just stunning. Maybe my favourite ring set on PS!
@AllAboardTheBlingTrain! What a beautiful compliment!! Wow, this made my day! Thank you, especially given how many GORGEOUS pieces are on here... I am "Loco for Coco" too! I think that would have been a better Intro!!

Stunning stone. Even more stunning on your finger! :kiss2:
Thank you so much @plad25 !

Coco is beautiful. Wear her in good health and blingy joy ♥️
I really appreciate that @missy! I think it's awesome that she is the exact same Carat size as Bella, fomerly Bea.

She is gorgeous! Breathtaking. The diamond looks great in the crown! :kiss2:
Thank you so much! I cannot wait to see your new HG!!! Love your collection!

Absolutely gorgeous! She looks perfect and so classic on your finger. Enjoy this beauty!!
Thank you so much @JV36912

Stunning! Wishing you many years of joy with CoCo and have a great Thanksgiving.
I appreciate that, thank you @Leigh10

She is beautiful! Gorgeous facets & she looks stunning on your hand!

Congratulations on your “final” upgrade!
@Ally T Thank you, yes, I do think she is my Final!

Ohmygoodness Coco is PERFECT!!!!!

Congrats to you! She’s a beautiful size on your hand. What’s your ring size?

Love the faceting! And the 8 prong setting is just perfect. Love how he kept it low so it would be wearable.

Also, that is the very whitest OP I can imagine!
@Tonks Thank you so much for the kind words! I cannot tell you how much your thorough research thread helped me throughout my own process! Your MRB from WF made me question my direction at times!! She is a stunner!

Congratulations, what a beautiful stone and setting!
Thank you so much!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful, congrats!

I also have a circular brilliant OP VS2 but mine is CoCo's little sister named Gilda
Thank you! I LOVE Gilda!! Trust me I followed your story, and it helped me get over the OP hump! She is beautiful! @Mrs_Strizzle

Spectacular!! It’s beautiful!!

Edited for auto correct!
Thanks so much @MamaBear

Woooo beautiful
@oncrutchesrightnow Thank you!!!

Oh she is so gorgeous with those BIG bold facets! LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!
@Catmom Thank you so much! I have been following your journey for years! I still remember that gorgeous FLY halo of yours, it was so influential in my original reset journey!

WOW What a stunning antique diamond! I adore your setting design, which incorporates a lot of wonderful things: graceful swooping shoulders, beautiful visibility of the pavilion peeking from the crown prongs, and a rounded generous width shank (balancing, grounding, luxurious). Coco looks perfect with your eternity and on your hand!
@LightBright Thank you so much! I actually wanted some HEFT in my setting so the shank is 2.5mm and graduates to 2.8mm at the bottom. The ONLY thing I would change is make her a dash higher!

Oh my gosh, Coco is marvelous. :love: I love love her faceting and the setting you've chosen. The band also pairs perfectly with her.
@Kim N Thank you so much!! Her faceting really is so special and really appreciate you saying that with your KEEN eye always picking out other people's diamonds for then! What a compliment!

She's beautiful!!! And looks absolutely perfect on your hand <3
@CircularBrilliant Thank you so much! Your ring and stone is TDF!

Absolutely stunning stone in a timeless, gorgeous setting. Love everything about it - you must be thrilled!
Awe, Thank you @Cerulean I am glad I made you proud, lol! You were sooo helpful when considering settings with all of your beautiful suggestions! I just love how you set yours in the Dahlia!

@TruLuv858 Congratulations on your gorgeous ring! I love the faceting pattern—and also how your hand looks so beautiful, and would do so even sans ring! I have shorter fingers so I always admire long fingers with lots of ring-real-estate. :kiss2:

Your ring is superb on you!
@SparklieBug Thank you so much!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those chunky facets are huge! I too am surprised by the color designation the diamond was given. So happy for you - you sound thrilled with the new ring! It looks beautiful on your hand!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Coco is as fabulous and chic as her eponym!

And she looks so AMAZING and huge on you-so glad I was able to be your cheerleader on this journey! I'm in love with her chunky facets :kiss2:

IMG_5831.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results