shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling Crazy... um... re-set my ring?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Dont worry it sounds like you are in very capable hands and your ring is going to look stunning when its all finished !!! :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1297887736|2853300 said:
ARGH. I'm so conflicted.

What worked about my old setting is that everything was fluid. I'm afraid all the sharp corners I want on the halo are going to clash with my super rounded shank and my fluid gallery wires.

Why is this so hard? It's just a freaking RING. I'm fixating. I'm giving myself a time out.

i totally get what you are saying. I think explaining your concern to Steven would be a good idea but I do think you can trust his artistic ability to give you a fluid looking ring. If he thinks the shank/gallery needs to be redone, I think he'll tell you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are right. I just sent him a note with my concern. Poor guy.

I've done multiple custom projects and I'm decisive and calm... but anytime it's my freaking engagement ring I'm a nutjob.

Of course it could also be that I'm... waiting for an offer from a job I want, just had to take my favorite (yes I have a favorite, I can't deny it, I love them all but...) cat to the vet for an ultrasound rounding out three weeks of vet vists... 3 of my cats are sick (upper respiratories they've apparently shared with each other)... I had a raging flu this weekend so I didn't get anything done and now I have new couches arriving and I still haven't figured out what I'm doing with the old ones, and I have two coffee tables in my living room side by side... and it's ONLY AFTER THE NEW ONE GETS HERE THAT MY HUSBAND TELLS ME HOW MUCH OUR OLD COFFEE TABLE MEANS TO HIM (don't ask the man has hidden frustrating depths).

And if I get the new job all the furniture.. new old and in between will be moving anyway to a new apartment that is closer to the new job and I hate, hate hate moving. But I hate a 1 hour commute more.

Okay. Vent over. Call off the men with the butterfly nets. I've got perspective. I'm an ungrateful brat who doesn't appreciate everything that she has going for her and I'm putting on my big girl pants, thanking god for all my blessings, and moving on.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy honey, please take a deep deep breath...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am Lil. I just get neurotic both before and after job interviews and I had a really big one today at 2pm. On the plus side it went well. ;))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm quite certain it's going to turn out beautifully and you'll be thrilled to no end with the result Gypsy! Just wanted to send you some smoochies and some jello cake. That will make it better. It's got cool whip on top you know.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1297914916|2853658 said:
I'm quite certain it's going to turn out beautifully and you'll be thrilled to no end with the result Gypsy! Just wanted to send you some smoochies and some jello cake. That will make it better. It's got cool whip on top you know.

Thank you very much honey.

I've since chilled considerably. Bright cut. I'm good with it. LMAO.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, was your old halo that unsafe? The craponia didn't cut it? ::)

I should read through this thread again, but I always thought you ring looked lower maintenance because it didn't have pave on the shank.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1297908949|2853583 said:
I am Lil. I just get neurotic both before and after job interviews and I had a really big one today at 2pm. On the plus side it went well. ;))

Glad to hear that! Hope you get the job!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So... got a verbal job offer for the job I have been interviewing for!!!! Figured out that I was hormonal, if ya know what I mean, yesterday (I'm slow on the uptake). Sorry you all had to see me bat crap crazy.

Steven is doing V-cut (FINAL ANSWER!) for the flow with the rest of the ring, but will be hybridizing a bit to give me the octagonal goodness I want. His choice and I approved, trusting him.

LMAO T-gal. It was losing melee too often, they just weren't in there with enough to hold them... but the biggest issue was getting them replaced.... it was expensive and because of the single cuts, very frustrating. Steven is going to be using full cuts plus... Ocean is extremely talented but her emphasis is on larger melee pave and metal work. Steven is pave-centric. There is a level of comfort and experience with the actual micropave that I think will make a difference. 8)

It is lower maintence because of the shank though, thankfully. And will now be even more so because of the new halo. YAY.

Need a nap.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bummer girl - I guess that beauty came at a price. I just LOVED that halo. So he's not messing with the underwires? Because I love the elegant look of those too.

I hope it turns out perfect for ya!

hallpart

Rough_Rock
I've been thinking of getting something similar by Maytal and having my Aurora resized for my right hand.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1298004777|2854506 said:
What a bummer girl - I guess that beauty came at a price. I just LOVED that halo. So he's not messing with the underwires? Because I love the elegant look of those too.

I hope it turns out perfect for ya!

Thank you T-gal. I think it will. The halo will look slightly different. I loved the super cushiony shape of it but for the last year had a hankering for something a little more cut cornered. But since it will be V-cut it's still going to be cushiony. Best of both worlds. And the melee will be slightly smaller, which I requested.

The gallery wires are going to be replaced, but exactly with exactly the same thing. Since the laser is removing the halo the original wires will be too short, so they will be replicated. I was very clear, and Steven was very respectful of the fact that all I really want is a new halo and slightly thinner (he is a Leon protege, I'd be stupid not to get the prongs) claw prongs but that I adore the rest of the ring and want it to be exactly the same.

My profile and those wires ARE the setting for me. Because that's the view I have a lot of the time... the profile. It's the part of the ring that is mostly just for ME and even if I had completely reset the diamond into a fully new ring... I would have kept those wires!

Hi Hallpart, you have an Aurora band too!!!! I'd love to see pics of it! Congrats! Which of the many rings in the thread are you thinking of having Maytal make for you? :wavey:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Any news on the progress of your reset, Gypsy?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
any updates on your ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, next week. I told Steven to take his time as I'm not really in a rush. I'm excited!

Thanks for caring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! :sun:

Gypsy|1298013709|2854554 said:
My profile and those wires ARE the setting for me. Because that's the view I have a lot of the time... the profile. It's the part of the ring that is mostly just for ME and even if I had completely reset the diamond into a fully new ring... I would have kept those wires!

I definitely hear you on the profile being the most important part - I know it's what I'm looking at the vast majority of the time!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wahoo! Can't wait to see it! :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So....it's "next week"...surely I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting this beauty! :naughty:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1301109195|2880542 said:
So....it's "next week"...surely I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting this beauty! :naughty:

nope, you're not the only one :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry everyone. It is with Neil.

Here are the pics he sent me to tide me over! He is appraising it and will get it to me as soon as he is done. I'm very excited to see what it will look like in person. I have a feeling from Steven's comments that the extent of the change better appreciated in real life than in pictures.

Remember, I was keeping the design. So... it's not a HUGE change. The design is essentially the same, it's just that the halo was re-made for more wear and tear and the melee are smaller and the halo SHOULD be a little more octagonal rather than cushion shaped. And the shank was thinned slightly. And from the pics it looks like Steven lowered the head a bit. All very subtle changes.

:appl: Thanks for your patience folks.

DSCN0697.JPG

DSCN0700.JPG

DSCN0699.JPG

DSCN0698.JPG

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy! Wow! It looks amazing. :appl: :appl: I bet you're really ready to have it back. Missing melee (even worse, hard to match melee) is a huge, huge pain. (And also the reason I reset my stone too.) The prongs are yummy. They look just as nice as Leon's to me- but a teeny bit more sturdy. It looks like he refined it just a bit, and it is superb. I love the way the halo enhances the shape of the asscher, which it did before of course, but the slightly softened octagon shape is perfect. When do you get it?

It's great to see more of Steven's work. It is beautiful!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks incredible! The melee looks perfect, I hope you're thrilled with it :appl: :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. I can definitely notice the subtle changes. It looks wonderful!!!! :love: Can't wait to see it on your hand!!!!! How much longer do you (we) have to wait??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Gypsy, it really does look gorgeous!!! what do you think from the pictures??

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy Your ring is just beautiful ! :love: I dont mean to thread jack but I was wondering if I could ask you a question about Neil? I am also getting a ring done by Steven and need to have it appraised. Did Steven send your ring directly to Neil and then is mailing the ring to you or are you going to be meeting Neil and picking up your ring in person?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh,Gypsy, it is lovely! Subtle changes that are really beautiful. Can't wait to see it on your hand.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to having it back. I'm having withdrawal pangs. As for what I think of it... Everything I asked for is there. Smaller melee with two diamonds in each corner for a (hopefully) more octagonal face. The shank has been slimmed down so that everything is proportional.

The changes are subtle. The largest change being that pave work looks extremely even and beautifully done (my main concern). The prongs look great-- just what I asked for-- claw prongs, but not razor thin. I've done enough custom projects to know that I can't tell much from the magnified pics except to see if the elements I asked for are present, which they are.

I think I'm going to be blown away. But working with a new vendor is always a little... scary. So I'm holding my breath.

Hopefully all will be revealed when I get it in my hands!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks very refined! can't wait for the IRL pictures. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results