shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling Crazy... um... re-set my ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi|1301159571|2880744 said:
Gypsy Your ring is just beautiful ! :love: I dont mean to thread jack but I was wondering if I could ask you a question about Neil? I am also getting a ring done by Steven and need to have it appraised. Did Steven send your ring directly to Neil and then is mailing the ring to you or are you going to be meeting Neil and picking up your ring in person?

I live in CA and Neil is in Denver. He did my original appraisal 3ish years ago so it only made sense that I have him update it since I am redoing my ring. Steven sent it straight to him... then he will send it to me. =)

Thank you DT!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy :) My boyfriend also lives in CA so he would prefer the ring be sent directly to Neil and then to him. I think it is going to be very hard for me to wait patiently for him to propose knowing that its in his possession. My boyfriend said he doesnt want me trying the ring on before he proposes which is why he didnt want it sent to me and have me take it to be appraised locally as I live in NJ. The boyfriend never said I couldnt look at it however ..do you think requesting a pic counts as cheating hehe... Did Steven send you those pics of your ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi|1301213297|2881041 said:
Thanks Gypsy :) My boyfriend also lives in CA so he would prefer the ring be sent directly to Neil and then to him. I think it is going to be very hard for me to wait patiently for him to propose knowing that its in his possession. My boyfriend said he doesnt want me trying the ring on before he proposes which is why he didnt want it sent to me and have me take it to be appraised locally as I live in NJ. The boyfriend never said I couldnt look at it however ..do you think requesting a pic counts as cheating hehe... Did Steven send you those pics of your ring?

No, the pics are Neils. As to whether looking at pics is cheating. That depends on your boyfriend :tongue: .

Honestly, Neil is the best so I think your boyfriend is doing the right thing. And hopefully he won't make you wait too long for it. What is Steven making for you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks GREAT Gypsy!!! :love: I know you are going to love it! I really think you made the best decision.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1301218874|2881047 said:
Hospatogi|1301213297|2881041 said:

No, the pics are Neils. As to whether looking at pics is cheating. That depends on your boyfriend :tongue: .

Honestly, Neil is the best so I think your boyfriend is doing the right thing. And hopefully he won't make you wait too long for it. What is Steven making for you?

My ring is going to be a baby version of Wintotty's ring except it will be with graduated carre cut stones instead of frenchies.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm not much of a halo fan, especially with step-cut center stones, but I gotta say, that last photo by Neil is amazing. Looks like it is going to be a stunner, and I hope you get to enjoy wearing your gorgeous e-ring a lot more than you have been. :appl:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
No words, just... :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :love: :love: :love:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
From the pics, I think you absolutely made the right call. The pave looks fantastic, and I think all the subtle changes are going to add up to a big WOW for you in terms of satisfaction with your ring and wear-ability. Can't wait to hear/see your reaction once you've got it on your hand!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy that turned out wonderfully!

I can definitely clearly see the differences, even in photos. They are subtle, but they are there... looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get it!

Stephen did a great job of maintaining the profile, too :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
EXTREME close up of the halo after Steven re-did it! Should be here on Wednesday! Can't wait. Thanks everyone!

Gypsy Close Up Halo.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before the re-set: for comparision.

The halo and diamond are set lower by about 2 mm as well. Should help with the knocking around.

Gypsy Close up Before.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
subtle changes but really a huge difference. I think it looks more refined now (not that I didn't like it before!) It really is beautiful, I hope you wear it more often now :)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
The smaller melee in the halo make your asscher look so much bigger, IMO! :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even the subtle can make all the difference! That is just gorgeous Gypsy! Looking forward to the real life shots!!! :love:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a difference! I always loved your original setting, and couldn't imagine how it could get better, but the reset looks as though that is the way your ring was always meant to be. Everything flows and is perfectly harmonious. I can't wait to see the IRL photos!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1301362273|2882281 said:
The smaller melee in the halo make your asscher look so much bigger, IMO! :love:

I agree!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this up since I'll be stalking this thread all day waiting for handshots! :naughty:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I have to admit, as much as I absolutely LOVED your old ring, I am digging the smaller melee and the way the new halo accents the shape of the stone. And I'm so glad that the basket remained similar since I have always loved the streamlined look of it. I've been waiting for handshots to post again, but couldn't keep waiting :) I'm sure you're more eager to get the ring than anybody, but the rest of PS is biting its nails to see the new ring on your hand!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think the smaller melee make the center stone pop more - and that's always a good thing IMO!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks fabulous!!!! can't wait for more pics!!! so happy for you!!! :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
tapping.gif

Ahem...we are waiting for hand pics! Did you get it today?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, Did you get it??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks GREAT! :appl: Can't wait to see the whole thing!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
HELLO Gypsy! Where are you? Where is that beautiful ring???? ;(

You're killing me over here!!! Don't make me get out MY voodoo doll! :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry everyone!!! Ring gets here tomorrow. My bad on the timing. I've been swamped at the new job. ((HUGS))

Lil... LOL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us again the color and weight of your asscher!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a 1.09 F VS1 Asscher 5.86 x 5.89.

=)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks like a HW this time!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results