shape
carat
color
clarity

Feelin'' a little down...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness I m so sorry to hear that, that happened to you!

PEOPLE ARE WIERD WHEN IT COMES TO RINGS.... I''ve seen it all... when I got my ring... I was snuffed by a co-worker! She came over to congratulate me... she asked to see the ring... so of course I was happy to show it to her and then she said nothing dropped my hand and just walked off!

One friend was just plain mad... that I got a bigger diamond than hers, Another girlfriend cut me off when I was telling her about my ring... just flat out changed the subject... didn''t evan say a word about the ring!

Well screw em... screw them all... the one thing I''ve learned in life is you can''t please everyone... you can only make yourself happy! You love the ring... it''s all that matters........ By the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring...

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, chellebelle - she sounds like a real winner
14.gif
What an idiot, she is obviously struggling with some jealousy issues! your ring is beeeeeaaautiful
19.gif

Tell her next time she disses you: "don''t hate me because I''m beautiful, I''ll knock you out with my huge frickin'' ring, b**ch!!!" ok, that''s a little harsh. But you get the point
28.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is GORGEOUS. It is no one else''s business WHAT the hell was paid for it. As far as price is concerned, the bottom line at this point is not whether you got the deal of the century or if you were totally robbed -- the point is that it is gorgeous, it is yours, it was given to you by the love of your life and that''s that. The rest of these jerks can go fly a kite. There are so many miserable people in the world and they just can''t stand that something so good, so exciting, so wonderful could happen to someone else (in terms of the proposal, the ring, and the impending marriage).
Who are you going to listen to anyhow -- the general, unknowing public (in terms of diamonds and jewelry design), or US, the PSers who DO know what looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your PS Family is THRILLED for you AND thinks you have a beauty!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Headlight: Well said sister!!
3.gif

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 5:55:29 PM
Author: chellebelle
What is a good thing to say when someone asks? (Besides, none of your dang business!) If anyone asks the price again I'll just smile and say, 'It's priceless.'
1.gif
And it's my ring and I love it and that's all that matters!
My favorite response to this question is to say, "I don't know how much it cost! It was a gift, and I have more class than to ask."

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chellebelle:

In this world there are naturally some people who are more jealous than others. This is human nature. It is unfortunate when those people are not able to get past their jealousy and treat other people with respect.
7.gif
People like that would be the first to complain
20.gif
if they received the same treatment!
38.gif

Don''t let these kind of people ruin your happiness with their rude and ignorant comments and don''t give them any opportunity to hurt you via giving personal information. Life is too short to have people around you that are looking to bring you down any way they can.
29.gif

Just remember that you have a wonderful htb, an awesome engagement ring and the rest of your life ahead of you
36.gif
- the rest pales in comparison don''t ya think?
21.gif

Heather

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh CHELLE
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

There''s a hug for you. I''m so sorry they were such pigs.

Your ring is just beautiful and You KNOW that.

They''re jealous- plain and simple.

Hang in there.
emlove.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just want to add my support. I adored your proposal story and your ring is gorgeous!

You cannot control what people say to you, but you CAN control how you respond to rude people. Maybe the next time someone says something rude to you, you will not be caught as off guard. Just reply sweetly how much you adore your ring and your fiance. Do not feed into their rudeness. It will drive them crazy if they learn that they can''t get your goat.
3.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Chelle: When I first saw your ring I thought it was HUGE for a 1.15ct stone, so that girl was just wrong...in every way. And like others have said, guys typically no nothing about diamonds, so just ignore them.

Personally I am glad that after venting and ready the encouraging posts you realized that you have nothing to feel bad about! As long as your ring (which absolutely beautiful) that''s all that matters.

Like I always say (with help from Jay-Z): "Brush the dirt off your shoulders!" The *dirt* in this case being your rude and ignorant co-workers.
2.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
chellebelle....I was glad to read that you were feeling better after reading everybodys replies. I have to say that I agree with each and every one of them. Who needs friends like that? There are so many more people in the world that wouldn't treat a "friend" like that or make rude a$$ comments. I think I would have sucker punched the girl myself! Okay, maybe not that because I wouldn't want to bend a prong on her thick skull! But I certainly would have told her that I didn't remember "asking" for her opinion. As far as what to tell people about what you paid? I would just say that your fiance bought it for you. Well, it's true right?!?!
emwink.gif

This is a HAPPY time for you and your fiance....don't let ANYONE bring you down from that! Enjoy your beautiful ring and wear it with love. Anything about the ring is nobodys business but YOURS (oh, and OURS too!!!
emotion-5.gif
)!

BE HAPPY!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
chellebelle,

When I read how your fiance proposed, I thought "what a great guy", you are so lucky to have someone who cares about you that much. When I saw your beautiful, drop dead gorgeous ring, I thought to myself "why can''t I be that lucky?"

Your girlfriend is just STRAIGHT UP JEALOUS. She''s scared and nervous about getting married because she is probably marrying the WRONG GUY (and she knows its) and can''t stand to see you happy.

Keep smiling and be happy (you guys are a cute couple), this will only drive jealous, stupid commenting people crazy... ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have faced this sort of behavior over the years, and I always remember something someone told me:
"Living well is the best revenge"!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Chelle - I just thought I would add my voice (and my bf''s!) to the chorus - we both think you have a lovely ring and that those people were rotten - its no one''s business how much it costs or even whether they like it or not as long as you do!

Also, my bf said to tell you (he''s extremely picky about jewelry) that he didn''t like that style of ring until he saw the pictures of yours and now he thinks its gorgeous! (See, how''s that for a nice thought...) We also both agreed that your proposal story was adorable and sweet - so just think of all the wonderful positive thoughts here next time someone is catty and mean - its about them being bad people, not about you doing everything wrong, and you should enjoy your beautiful ring and wonderful fiance!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
chellebelle- I don''t think I can add much to what''s already been said, but I love your ring, and I hope you don''t let the jealous and ignorant get you down... enjoy your post engagement bliss and plan your wedding with pleasure!!!!!

And I agree w/spartan... if anyone has the gall to ask how much the ring cost, say you don''t know!!! (I actually don''t know how much my ering was, but even if you do, the answer still works!!)

Sending ''happy vibes'' out to you!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Chelle glad you are feeling better. As you can tell we all agree that those comments were rude and uncalled for. FWIW, I had a similar reaction from my "best friend" of 35 years. After I got my ring (after 12 1/2 years of marriage), two months later I also got my band to complete my set. We went out, I showed it to her and her first comment was "oh that''s so gaudy"
6.gif
29.gif
Then she asked me how much it was, I told her (like a stupid idiot, not thinking she''d get all rude on me), and she commented how her entire set costed only about $500 than I paid for the band only and how expensive it was blah, blah.......not something I expected from a true friend.
11.gif
Truth be told her set is not of the Pricescope quality control but that''s not the meaning behind a wedding set in the first place so I refrained from saying that...
29.gif
But sometimes I wonder if I should''ve just to knock her for being so rude.
11.gif
11.gif

So I guess it doesn''t really surprise me that office coworkers (not really close friends) can be sooo dumb and insensitive. You know your ring is beautiful. No need to worry about what they think.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this...
23.gif
What a bunch !

29.gif
I surely hope you will wear the respective awesome ring every day.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, your ring is gorgeous!
36.gif

I think your friend is just jealous -- otherwise, she would never have been so bitter about your happiness. Believe me, if someone is jealous it won't matter what the ring looks like -- a mean-spirited person will find a way to insult it. I've heard everything from, "Is it fake?" to "I would never wear something that gaudy." Go figure.

Next time she zings you, ask her if she'd like some sugar to get that sour grapes taste out of her mouth!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Um, your ring is STUNNING...the people you work with responded with very little class or knowledge...When you cried, did the mean guy say anything? I mean, come on...he had to know that he said the wrong thing at that point?!

And the woman...I'd say something like "I consider you a good friend at work, should I not be thinking that way?" And then when she asks why, tell her it really hurt your feelings and that her comments were the one negative aspect of the greatest day of your life thus far. You were thinking about all the love that your FI put into choosing the perfect ring and all, and it just breaks your heart that someone who should be happy for you instead went out of her way to take away some of your joy. Guilt...make the biatch think about what she said...

And again, I love your ring. I even showed it to my husband, who also loved it...and he usually just pretends to be interested when I show him rings on here!!!

By the way, best wishes to you! Enjoy the engagement...it all goes by really fast!!!
36.gif

klr

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Chellebelle: To bad for that frenemy (quoting FireGoddess, I love it
9.gif
). She is dying of jealousy. Apparently she is unhappy in her relationship and tries to pull everyone else in her misery. Well it doesn't work like that.
29.gif
And those other male co-workers have no clue. Simply ignore them.

You are a happy person. You have a wonderful FI and you make such a lovely couple. I love every detail and the way he proposed to you. Your ring is gorgeous and it takes my breath away everytime I see it on your lovely hand with those perfectly manicured nails.
1.gif
And I can't stop looking at your engagement thread. You got me hooked. The best part of your ring is the meaning of it. Showered with lots of love from your FI and your mom. The heirloom handed to you by your mother. Baby, your ring sure is PRICELESS!!!

Quick story:
This was about 1 1/2 years ago in winter. BF has a friend and we met up for dinner with his gf. By the way BF can't stand this girl, he says she is a witch. She manipulates her BF and it's always about her. Anyway at the table BF's friend started talking and asking questions about e-rings. What cut I'd like and so fort. I felt uncomfortable it's not that we are that close to them or anything to talk about something personal. Well my BF used to be really close to his friend but since he has been going out with her he hasn't seen him alone. All I said it doesn't matter what cut and what kind of ring my BF will give me as long as it's from him. His gf said: "As long as it's big right baby." I almost chocked on my scallops. I felt my BF tap on my foot. I looked at him and I just couldn't say anything
6.gif
. I was in shock. How can someone say something like that
38.gif
. I then looked at my BF's friend and I knew he was not happy about that comment. He just pretended he didn't hear anything.

Almost half year passes by and from what I heard he proposed to her with a 2ct RB. I guess she got what she wanted. Well we received an invitation to their autumn wedding it was more a reception really. We went... at the entrance where they were receiving all their guests. She was standing there with a plastic cup and a thin straw. (This was their second reception so not that classy compared to the first in Florida where a lot couldn't attend - I have to say she was really embarrased about this simple reception and she didn't envite anyone from her side coz all her side went to the "classy" one
14.gif
). So while she was talking to me she would hold this straw with her left hand so she can show off her rock. I know she wanted me to ask her to look at her hand. But I didn't feel comfortable enough to do so. I don't know her that well and I would have felt tacky if I did. On the stage there was a big projector showing all the pics taken in Florida. It was beautiful. And on one of them there was a close up picture of her hand showing her wedding set. That's the only time I saw her ring. Sometime during the wedding the groom came up to me and asked me when my BF will propose to me. As if I knew. I wish I said it was non of his business. But I was polite enough to tell him: "whenever my BF is ready". And he continues saying: "oh so you're pressuring him". I just said: "of course not he can take his time." All I could think of, well not like you - you where the one who got pressured.

Until now BF and I are not engaged yet. I wish it to be "girl soon". I'm not the type "as long as it's big". It's about the entire ring. The meaning of it and the symbol of my love asking me to be his wife. I will be so honored. I have tiny hands 4.5 thin fingers. BF and I agreed to a classy looking size for my hand. I'm certain it wont be a 2ct. It's all about quality baby!!! And my BF will do a great job. I love his taste. So excited. But I'm sure one day she will come up to me and look at my ring and say something tacky. I just know she will and I will be prepared! I'll knock her out with my bling!
3.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone again for their responses! I keep re-reading the comments because they are so sweet and soooo funny! If my frenemy ever says something again, I''ll know what to say or do (knock her in the head with my bling!).
14.gif
I also wanted to update you on this frenemy of mine...

I guess she''s NOT engaged anymore. Go figure!
20.gif
Well, her boyfriend proposed to her a few months ago and I saw her at work the following day. She immediately went up to me to tell me what happened and showed me her ring. I was pretty shocked because these two are always having troubles. She had moved down to Colorodo to be with him and then after a couple weeks they fought and he told her to leave!!! After she had moved all her stuff down there! So she moved back. Then he came back. So of course getting engaged was the last thing I thought they would do. But I was NEVER rude. She told me she really didn''t want to say yes and didn''t want to marry him, but what else was she supposed to say. (Um, "No"?) She went on and on about the ring. How much it cost, how huge it looked, how it was so "bling". I was very upset with her because all she cared about was THE RING. And, to me, that''s the least important thing! This is the best part... then she said, "And it''s PLATINUM! I think I like the fact that it''s platinum more than I like the diamond!" I was confused because that makes no sense at all, so I asked her why. "Because platinum is soooo much more expensive than gold!"
6.gif
I nearly choked! I admit the ring was beautiful... a 3/4 carat in a lovely solitare setting. But I believe what TRULY makes a ring beautiful is the love and meaning behind it. She was just wearing the ring just to wear it! Ugh. She didn''t even care about the MEANING behind it.
38.gif
I was so mad because at the time I was so anxious to get engaged to Robbie. It meant so much to me. And to see someone that didn''t even care about love or anything like that and still had the nerve to wear the ring made me furious.
29.gif
I think she even wore it when they were "not engaged". (They were off and on all the time... I couldn''t keep track.) I never said a word to her, though I wanted to very badly. So when she made those mean comments to me, I couldn''t believe it. Here I am being so nice to her and all she can do in return is say something rude during the happiest time of my life. That''s what I don''t get... people who are like that to me when I''ve only been nothing but kind to them. Why are they like that??? It can be very hurtful.
33.gif
And I REALLY didn''t get it when she told me her ring looked huge compared to mine. Hers is (excuse me, WAS
9.gif
) a 3/4 carat and mine is about a 1.15 carat. She is 6''2" and I''m 5''3". How in the world does that make sense? That shows that she was just trying to be mean! And that''s really low. I can''t stand her anymore and I''m sure even though you all don''t know her, you can''t stand her either! lol
41.gif
I ignore her now and the snide comments that she always seems to make. My true friends are SO happy for me and that makes me feel so wonderful. They all have been anxious too, waiting with me, and now they are extremely excited. THESE are the type of people I will surround myself with. The others can just be miserable and not get the satisfaction anymore of bringing me down because I won''t let them!
16.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
heartsonfire-

Oh, that girl does sound like a witch! I can''t stand people like that. When you do get engaged it will be so wonderful! I thought I would die of anticipation, lol. It''s hard when you know it''s coming... it''s worth the wait, though.
2.gif
I''m very excited for you and believe me, anything will look huge and that tiny little hand of yours! You might not be able to lift your hand with a 2 carat on it! I''m sure you''d manage though!
9.gif
Keep me updated and if that witch says anything you''ll know what to say! (Just refer to this thread! Or knock her out with your bling... that''ll work too!!!)

chellebelle

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
chellebelle, this woman indeed sounds like the textbook definition of frenemy (it IS a great word, isn''t it!). It seems quite clear now why she said the things she did to you. She was obviously trying to make herself feel better. It reminds me of this saying I heard a long time ago: "You don''t have to burn my candle out to make yours look brighter."

This woman clearly has her priorities screwed up, is not really happy, and wanted to rain on your parade because, as you said yourself, you ARE engaged to the love of your life WITH the ring of your dreams!!!! I''m glad she has showed her true colors, if it has meant that you now know to keep her at arm''s length and ignore her vain attempts to bring you down.
36.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Chellebelle: Thank you for your kind words. You're the sweetest thing.
21.gif

That rude person doesn't diserve you as a friend. She could have had a lovely person to lean on. Well now she has to go through her misery on her own. Her loss.

So glad you feel much better, and that you are surrounded by all your true and real friends who are equaly happy and excited for you, during this happy time in your life. Enjoy your engagement you've waited for it so long and don't ever let anyone ruin it.
1.gif

Shall the time come, I will definitely post my story. I promise to keep you posted. I'm so excited
9.gif

FireGoddess: That's a great saying. I will remember that. I really like that word FRENEMY - great invention.
11.gif
12.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Chelle,

The way I see it is if these very VERY RUDE people don''t add anything to your life, they should NOT be able to take anything from it either! Some people just enjoy hurting others. It''s hard to comprehend, but they''re out there. Too many of them actually. Sometimes people that you do care for say stupid hurtful things also (and I''ll never figure that one out either). My ering is .91 ct F VVS2 platinum and I absolutely LOVE it. It''s not huge, but I LOVE IT. My sister-in-law has a 3 stone ering (it is lovely & probably 2.25-3 tcw) and I''ve always admired it AND told her so. Well when I got engaged she looked at it CLOSELY and said, "it''s so cute". CUTE, CUTE?!
14.gif
What the heck kind of comment is that?
38.gif
11.gif
I wanted to knock her into tomorrow! (but I didn''t
emwink.gif
). Then my brother-in-law (her husband) was also a knucklehead. He also looks at it really close (as if it was hard to see the diamond) and says, "oh, there''s a problem with it...it''s not round." Huh? Uh, duh! Yeah, I know.
29.gif
It''s a radiant cut. Anywho...I''ll never figure people out.

What''s important is the love between the both of you and your wonderful future together. IMO, your ring is absolutely spectacular.

Enjoy admiring your gorgeous ring.
Enjoy being engaged.
Look forward to being married.
Oh and above ALL else...IGNORE IDIOTS! They just don''t matter very much.
9.gif

2.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK wait a minute... that girl is engaged/married and is telling you that she''d be scared of getting married??? That says to me that she is unhappy in her own relationship and is taking her pain out on you. I''d take her rude comments as a sign that she is an unhappy person and needs your kind thoughts and prayers. Do not take her rudeness personally - she is an unhappy person lashing out at someone who is genuinely happy! (Just read ahead - she really is unhappy, isn''t she.....)

The guys you work with are uneducated about the costs of jewelry and what it means for a girl to be engaged to the man of her dreams. IMO, nobody needs to know how much your ring cost unless they''re specifically looking to buy a Ritani endless love and want an idea for their budget!!

I went bowling with my fiance a week or two after we got engaged when I was still wearing my $8.88 Walmart cz, and we ran into a guy my FI went to elementary school with!! He found out we were recently engaged, asked to see the ring, and went "Wow... what is that, like 2 carats?" The cz has the spread of a 1 ct rb. Most guys don''t have a clue how big diamonds are or how much fine jewelry will cost until they take the time to research in, i.e. until they buy an ering themselves. Their uninformed comments should be taken as such. If it makes you feel any better, most guys get really embarrassed and feel really bad about what they''ve done when they make a girl cry.
11.gif

OK - your ering is covered in pave diamonds - what do you mean it''s not substantial?!?!?! Yes, you could have saved a bit of money going custom or non-designer, but you wanted the Ritani!! That is your and your fiance''s prerogative, and nobody else''s business! Don''t feel like a baby - your feelings were hurt and rightfully so! Those people were unnecessarily mean and rude about things they don''t understand and have no say in in the first place!! What is important is that you love your ring and are excited about marrying the love of your life - which you are!!!

Oh yeah - did you know that if you take .75 cts of diamond and spread it out rrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllll thin, you''ll have a HUGE rock!!!
31.gif
11.gif
29.gif

I''m glad you''re feeling better!!!!! Enjoy w-band shopping!!!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Ivy-

They actually said that?!? Absolutely ridiculous. I actually burst out laughing when I read the "it''s not round" comment because I''ve seen your RADIANT cut e-ring. What a stupid remark!
20.gif
And "cute"? I don''t think so! More like gorgeous and sparkly and elegant!!!

JCJD-

You''re right, there are guys that are uneducated about diamonds and I think Tony, my co-worker, is one of them. Another guy co-worker of mine asked if it was THREE carats!!! Yeah, I don''t think so. That would be my mother''s ring, lol. (I''ll keep dreaming....
1.gif
) Also, about the ring not being "substantial", I was referring to what one of my co-workers said. One of them was saying I could''ve got more "bang for my buck" because my ring is so thin and the diamonds are so tiny. Uh, that''s the style idiot!!! And that''s what I wanted so that''s all that matters.
5.gif

~JanuaryJem~

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a classic case of jealousy, I read your thread, and it made me smile, especially seeing you pop the balloons, that was different and creative,and your ring is georgous. Does this friend have a man? or a ring on her finger? If the answer is no then that explains everything, and your coworker Chris, what''s his deal cuz that''s just plain RUDE. I know it''s hard to not to listen to people but no matter what they will ALWAYS find something to say. If your ring was 5 carats, they would ask why is it soo big, and is it real LOL It''s pathetic but that''s how people are. You just keep your head up (and your hand)
2.gif
and strut your stuff, your a very lucky woman and your friend knows it.
16.gif

~JanuaryJem~

Rough_Rock
Ok sorry I just went back and read about your friends Drama, yeah that explains everything, she''s miserable, and wants you to be miserable with her. Next time tell her"Don''t be hatin''"
9.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Chellebelle,

Well it''s official. The hellcat is miserably unhappy, as all these wise PSer''s predicted. It''s ALMOST hard to hate her!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results