shape
carat
color
clarity

Feelin'' a little down...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hey, everybody... I''m feeling a little down today.
7.gif
I was at work last night and a friend of mine asked to see my ring. (My ring can be seen in the thread "Engaged to the love of my life with the ring of my dreams!!!") Anyways, she looked at it and said, "Oh, that''s WEIRD! Do you actually like that?" I, of course, said, "Yes! I love it!" Then she asked how big it was and I told her approximately 1.15 carats. She said that her e-ring was 3/4 of a carat and hers looked huge. (Implying that mine did not.) A little later she asked if I was excited about getting married. I replied, "I''m super excited!" She then said she''d be scared and I told her I''d been with Robbie for 4 and a 1/2 years already. She replied, "I''d still be scared" and walked away. I was crushed... I consider her my friend! I had been so happy until then and she really upset me.

And then later on that night, my co-worker Chris, asked how my hand was doing (he had seen the ring already) and I said, "Great!!!" Another guy, Tony, asked what we were talking about and I raised my hand to show him. Chris mentioned how much it cost and the other guy made a face and said, "For that?!?" I dropped my hand, started to cry, and walked away.
39.gif
I feel like such a baby, but hearing all those comments about my ring really hurt my feelings and finally got to me. I KNOW I shouldn''t care what they say, but I don''t understand why they have to say such things. Why don''t they keep it to themselves? Ritani is spendy (to me at least) and I know the Endless Love is not a very substansial ring. My co-worker said I didn''t get enough for my money... I could have gone the custom route or non-designer and have gotten "more bang for my buck". By the end of the night, I felt like a deflated balloon.

I thought talking to you gals (and guys
1.gif
) might make me feel better since you, after all, are my "Pricescope family" and maybe some of you might be able to relate. Have any of you heard rude comments about your ring? I, myself, would NEVER say anything like I heard last night... that''s someone''s engagement ring!!! I just don''t get it. Especially coming from my friends.
15.gif
Any input would be great and really appreciated....

thanks so much,
chellebelle

PatrickFogarty

Rough_Rock
I went back and looked at your ring and maybe it''s a jealously thing, sometimes that happens, human nature. I think your ring is fantastic and breathtaking -

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chellebelle:

Well don't feel so bad
9.gif

Chelle, there are going to be so many people like this you will and have already encountered in your lifetime. To me these are the people that bug me the most. I turn a cold shoulder to them. The biggest part of knowing what to do is setting aside your feelings of trying to be understanding to everyone's needs and opinions. If they are not on the same "playing field" as you when it comes to some of your thoughts and emotions than distance yourself from these people.

They seem to enjoy bringing other people down and are not thinking about you or your feeling's. Seemingly give them a nod next time and tell them how thrilled you are with your ring and hope they can find the hapiness some day that you and your love one share.
36.gif

Surround and share stories about your ring with people you know will have a better understanding of who you are and try not to take other people's criticisms too hard.You seem sensitive and very classy, don't let these people bring you down girl...
2.gif

BTW...That is a Helluva Ring Girl...!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sheesh with friends like that who need enemies.
Its an awesome ring!
My advice .. find some new friends who arent rude jerks.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Chellebelle,

>> Do not, I repeat, DO NOT let the clods get you down!!! How rude and tasteless those remarks were!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Your ring is GORGEOUS! In fact (and I am being totally honest with you!) I love it so much that I although I am currently in the process of a re-set, I thought to myself, "Oh. My. Word! That Ritani Endless Love setting is gorgeous! If I ever get tired of my new setting, I am seriously going to consider getting that!!!!" And I don't even have my new setting yet!
20.gif

Anyway, I am so sorry that your feelings were hurt. Some people are just solid knuckleheads through and through. Ignore them! It sounds like you have a wonderful fiance -- and I KNOW you have an awesome ring. Cherish and enjoy both -- and
i]>>> on anyone who tries to make you feel otherwise!
2.gif

xoxoxo!
Lynn

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi chelle,

I''m so sorry those things happened to you. I absolutely ADORE your ring and 1.15 ct is huge! (I am hoping to get around 0.5 ct for my e-ring) Maybe your ring isn''t the most "bang for the buck" but an engagement ring should symbolize more than a great economic "steal"!

The girl you spoke of is totally jealous if her ring is only 0.75 ct! There have been several pictures of people who have taken solitaire rings and made them into a style similar to yours and it makes everything look so much bigger. The guy, Troy(?), is only thinking in terms of money. Just remember that the title of your posting mentioned both the man of your dreams and the ring of your dreams...it''s the combination of a wonderful guy, a strong love and beautiful ring that made you so happy. So what if other people have their own opinions about your ring - you love it and that''s what matters. To go to the extreme, what if someone said something about your fiancee? Would it get you down? No! You would probably just shake it off as an a-hole remark. Same goes for your ring... outsiders don''t understand the love, care and emotion involved in the engagement ring despite the cost or size.
In the end it''s the man you''ve found to spend the rest of your life with and your commitment to him is represented in a ring but if you didn''t have the ring you would love him just as much right? :)
That all said... I think those people are punks and totally out of line. Don''t listen to ''em or let them get you down. Just look at your GORGEOUS ring and smile knowing YOU are happy.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Please don''t feel bad about what those guys said. Most guys really have no idea how much jewelry cost. I had some guy friends with me when I bought my marquise ring from a private seller, and they freaked out at the cost... it was only $2100. They practically keeled over when I told them the ring would cost me over $6000-$8000 if I bought it elsewhere! They just don''t know any better!

As for your girl friend... she''s probably just jealous. Your ring is obviously gorgeous, and her green side just got the better of her. Human nature. Ignore it!

Just think... there are a TON of people here who know good jewelry and have seen more than most people care to hear about, and we think it''s gorgeous. Who are you gonna believe? Us, or them?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree..do not let people with sour grapes get you down. First off, the guy who said 'for that'..he's a GUY so what does he know about rings and diamond purchases? Nothing more than what the local maul would tell him, so obviously he is not worth listening to. The co-worker gal obviously is jealous, girls can be very snippy sometimes. I would not let it bother you at all.

I have a girlfriend who tells me repeatedly that my ring is the prettiest one she has EVER seen and she wants one just like it. She always wants to try it on too. I have other friends who really aren't interested in diamonds or jewelry and probably think it's too flashy and the stone is too big (hah!) so they don't really say anything about my ring and really never have. One of my best friends only wants a 3c ring so I'm sure she thinks my ring is tiny compared to that...but I don't care and she never says anything negative so of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This 'friend' of ours (not really) who used to hang out with our friend group sometimes...a guy whose family has alot of money and for 'fun' he works in a jewelry watch store...about a year ago asked me what size my ring was and then said 'about 3/4 carat?'. I was slightly insulted as I told him what size it was...but then I thought...who cares what this guy thinks! Obviously he doesn't know a THING about diamonds even though I'm sure he would like to pretend he does.

People are going to have different tastes about rings just as they do about life, I don't love every ring I see posted on here and I'm not supposed to. People are unique for a reason.

In the end the only thing that matters is what you think about your ring and your life. Screw everyone else and now is when you start to find out who are your real friends...and who can take a flying leap! Weddings, rings and the like can bring out the ugly in people for whatever reason...so start making the cuts and taking names! hehee.

and of course....Enjoy your spectacular ring!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
MY GOD.. what horrendous co-workers/friends you have! I''d quit my job and never talk to those people again if it was me. Why do people insist on being so rude. this is the happiest time in your life, and you have a beautiful ring!!! Screw all of them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now listen here chellebelle your ring is absolutely amazing, I don't know what kind of numnucks you work with, but don't let them get you down. Seriously, maybe they are just jealous, envious of the kind of wonderful realtionship you have with Robbie. Anyone would die for that ring and it's even nicer because it was your moms diamond. Enough about those idiots don't pay them any mind!! Did you get to look at wedding bands today?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Holy sh** !!!! Do you work with a group of freaks or what???!!!

Your ring is beautiful, you & your fiance look perfect together, your proposal was wonderful and this has got to be either the worst case of jealousy ps has ever seen or you work with people who need serious meds.....

IT MAKES ME SICK TO THINK OF THE SATISFACTION THAT SOME PEOPLE GET BY BEING MEAN!

I''m sorry you were treated so poorly by so-called friends.

Feel better!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Sometimes people just suck. In this case, these people happen to be your so-called friends, or as they seem to me, FRENEMIES. I seriously detect (A) the ugly green monster rearing its head, and (B) the comments of uninformed people who couldn't possibly appreciate the beauty of high quality jewelry (or the pricetag that comes with it) if it bit them in the @ss.

Your ring is gorgeous. Seriously. I printed out pictures of it last week and took them to my jeweler to better explain the look I was trying to go for with my new pear microsetting (another story entirely, in a thread called "mixed feelings about new pear setting"). It is stunning, breathtaking, and looks gigantic and sparkly on your hand. Does a ring have to weigh 30 grams for it to be substantial enough to warrant a certain cost? Do they have any idea how hard it is to set all of those little diamonds???? PulEEEEEZ. Get yourself away from these people. Your ring is gorgeous and the thought that idiots made you cry over it makes me want to punch them.

Don't listen to people like that!!!!!! Feel better. Really. They're not worth a minute of your time.

Oh, I just remembered about the woman saying she'd be scared to get married...give me a BREAK. Frankly, I'd be scared to marry someone with SUCH a mean, ugly spirit.

Chin up. Those people are NOT right. Different people have different tastes. But what they said is just plain rude.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the reason I never tell friends or co-workers how much I paid for anything. I don''t want them either telling me where I could have gotten it cheaper and saved some money or telling me that I got such a good deal they decided they had to have one for themselves.

Don''t let them rain on your parade!! You have a beautiful ring and a thoughtful fiancee who made sure you got exactly what you wanted. Be happy and ignore people who are rude. (that is after you TELL them that they are being rude)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
23.gif

Who are these people?
20.gif

I know it''s rough but you must take all the advice here and forget about these people. It sounds to me like some are jealous and the others are ignorant. You have a magnificent ring and I hate to say it, but 99% of the people probably can''t understand/appreciate how beautiful it is.

Like Mara said, some people just don''t get it. Wear your ring, enjoy your engagement, and be happy!!!!!
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
FIRST: GUYS KNOW NOTHING AND THINK ALL JEWELRY IS OVERPRICED SO THAT COMMENT IS TYPICAL

SECOND AND WORST: THE BITTER FEMALE. THOSE COMMENTS WERE POINTEDLY MEANSPIRITED. SHE IS A SELF CENTERED AND NASTY PERSON AND LIKELY JEALOUS. FORGET IT. YOUR RING IS BEYOND LOVELY AND ELEGANT AND A VERY GENEROUS SIZE COMPRED TO MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. YOU ARE A LUCKY PERSON AND DONT FORGET IT!

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Firegoddess said it very well in her opening.

Anyway:

Number one: those people are not your friends.

Number two: most people don't know **** about diamonds other than size.

Number three: don't tell anybody what your ring cost, that's a no win situation, and none of their business.

Number four: anybody who would try to dump on your ring and your fiance is despicable, no matter whatever pathetic reasons might be behind it. The sooner you of have nothing more to do with them, the better off you will be.

Number five: be happy with all the good things you've got. Your toxic non-friend wanted you to feel bad, don't give her the satisfaction of wrecking your emotions. You are in love and will soon be married. Don't let the idiots of the world get in the way of enjoying that or anything else.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you''re feeling bad. I don''t really have much to add to what everyone else has said but this woman is so obviously jealous. Your ring actually looks a lot bigger than it''s actual weight because of the design so besides jealousy i really can''t think of another reason why she should be putting your ring down. As for the guys, they don''t know sh*t about jewelry and diamonds and most guys I know think diamonds and rings cost much much less that they actually do (at least until they start shopping for one). So please, don''t let it get you down. And by the way, your ring is gorgeous. I too have a Ritani ring and even though i know my fiance paid a premium for the setting and could''ve gotten a bigger rock instead, it wasn''t what i wanted. You said you got a ring of your dreams, don''t let some clueless jerks make you think otherwise.

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Some people just SUCK!

I''m reminded, though, of something my Mom used to tell me growing up - "Honey, you have to deal with those people for minutes, maybe hours, out of your day...those people have to live with themselves forever."

Some people are just miserable and you know what they say about misery.

Don''t let ANYONE rain on your parade. Your ring is GORGEOUS and your guy chose to spend that money for you, your co-workers obviously can''t deal with that.

2.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
I am a newcomer too and I saw your ring! Looks pretty darn big to me. I''ll bet those nasty comments came from either owners of a spec of a diamond or no diamond at all and no one to love them. I read your proposal story and I think that is awsome. The ring is beautiful and I think the setting makes it look huge! Plus you have nice hands too! And the diamond has history! It''s like a fairy tale! I love the petals in the balloons! Who would''ve thought of that! My husband''s pretty creative and he''s in the background calling your guy "Romeo".

My husband got me my first carat after we had been married about 8 years and it was Christmas. The first box was a Reebok box with a (borrowed) promise ring in it with a piece of carat stuck on top. The second box was a stroller box! We had also planned to have our first child soon as well. I remember thinking, " What a dummie!" "We''ll get baby stuff at the shower." My Sis-in-law had put a big rock in the bottom of the box to add some weight also. Taped to the rock was my first carat. I just cried and cried while they video taped. He likes to make me think he''s an insentitive twit before he does something really romantic.

I agree that some people wish they had what you have so badly they are willing to stomp all over your joy. Don''t let them pop your bubble. My husband has always been creative like yours about expressing his love and definitely spoils me with it. I''ve had lots of comments made about my rings like they don''t need one that big or " I wouldn''t waste my money on that" or "did you really need another one!". We''ve been married 17.5 years now and we have upgraded twice or added on, I should say. People that say things like that make themselves look stupid. Anyone would be thrilled to have a beautiful diamond on their hand ecspecially when it was given to them as a true token of love, like yours was.

Just remember that you''ve got keepers, the man and the ring......And your Mom.....If they could only be so lucky.......As a matter of fact I think I would have said that! "You just wish you were so lucky!" And then I''d like to say "So why don''t you Kiss My A''''!"

Christy

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 2
6.gif
5:28 PM
Author:chellebelle
Ritani is spendy (to me at least) and I know the Endless Love is not a very substansial ring. My co-worker said I didn''t get enough for my money... I could have gone the custom route or non-designer and have gotten ''more bang for my buck''.
Sure you could''ve, but chose what you did by a personal choice, just like many of us did. That shouldn''t matter to anyone else but you and Rob. And besides it''s none of their damn business. And if you wanted to spend for branding on anything else too that''s completely your business as well.

It''s all been said, people can be weird at times. Enjoy your beautiful ring and your engagement. You are at such a high point in your life right now, you don''t have any time to let the turkeys get you down.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Sorry they made you feel bad...chalk it up to lesson learned. I had lunch with my g/f yesterday and she was asking me how much my diamond cost. When I told her, she nearly choked on her drink. Luckily, she''s very cool and all that, but she and her husband don''t make a lot of money. So from now on, I''ll come up with a different way to say "none of your business". Enjoy and cherish your ring and all that it is supposed to mean. I got snubbed at a maul store and felt bad like you. Then I thought, "What the hell?? Too bad for them." Hope you are feeling better now. BTW, I love that word, "FRENEMIES". Too funny--I''ll have to remember that one.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Of course you felt uneasy--blatently uninformed and outwardly rude comments will do that to a person: but, however insincere those folks are, you do not have to find yourself so. Anyone who would suggest that your ring is anything other than very beautiful, either needs medication or is already taking way too much.

cheers--Sharon

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
chellebelle, i hate they were jerks to you. your ring is beautiful and plenty big in my eyes! i know i would have cried too, but probably stuck in there somewhere, "are you guys crazy??"
1.gif
obviously they know nothing, and they will be the ones to give/receive the "frozen spit" diamonds on Ebay
9.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I just have to say you all are the nicest, most sweetest bunch of people I know. I know I can''t say that I really "know" you all, but I sure feel like I do! I knew my "Pricescope family" would make me feel better.
1.gif
Your comments brought tears to my eyes, not because I was sad, because I was so touched by your kind words. You all have such wisdom and have given me such a better perspective on the situation. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

You''re right... these people are not my friends and I shouldn''t let them get to me. This is MY happy time and I feel foolish for letting some immature remarks (and jerks!) get to me. It just hurts to hear those things coming from so-called "friends". I thought they would be happy for me. Well, I''m not going to consider this girl my true friend anymore, and I don''t know why I ever have. This is the same girl that was rude to me on my birthday. You''re going to get a kick out of this... A bunch of friends and I, including my "frenemy" (love that term!), went out to dinner for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I dressed up in my new outfit and a bunch of friends commented on what a cute top I was wearing. My "frenemy" of course said, "It''s just a shirt!" I never heard her say that, but Robbie told me after dinner. And, to the restaurant, she brought a shopping bag full of stuff... for HERSELF! There wasn''t a b-day present or a card for me in that huge sack of stuff. She just signed someone else''s b-day card for me. And you''re wondering why I consider this girl my friend? LOL, DON''T WORRY, I DON''T ANYMORE!!! What the heck was I thinking?
20.gif
She definitely is toxic and I realize now I will encounter many more like her. I''ll try not to let them get to me. They are definitely not worth my time!

Also, I should have not mentioned the price of the ring, and I know that now. My co-worker asked the other day and I didn''t know what to say. So I just told him. What is a good thing to say when someone asks? (Besides, none of your dang business!) If anyone asks the price again I''ll just smile and say, "It''s priceless."
1.gif
And it''s my ring and I love it and that''s all that matters!

I hope you all know that I have the biggest smile on my face now
9.gif
and Robbie even asked why I was giggling so much while I was on the computer. (I told him I was on "Pricescope" and he just shook his head, lol. I''m ALWAYS on Pricescope.) Anyways, my spirits have been lifted and I am lucky to have found such a wonderful place with wonderful people to share my thoughts (and jewelry!) with. I''ve learned a lot from this website and I think you all are so great.

P.S. I hope I didn''t give the impression that I was being ungrateful about my ring or implying my stone is small or anything like that. I DO love my ring and I DO love my man (and my mom)! I just couldn''t believe how rude these people were being and needed some insight. Thanks again!!!

chellebelle
36.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
kaleigh-

I did get to try on wedding bands today! I didn''t bring my camera though because I was too chicken, lol. I have to get ready for work now, but I will tell you all about it later!
2.gif

Have a good day!
chelle

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad to see that PS helped! As you go through life you will find there are some people who are just plain jerks - it looks like you encountered two. They are not worth your time of day!

As other people have said, what is important is how you feel about your h2b and the decisions you both made.

Personaly I think you ring is gorgeous, unique and looks wonderful on your hand. Be proud of it and your h2b - you both did great!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif
Ugh- what *******s. I''m sorry, but how lousy does your life have to be to derive pleasure from saying awful things about someone''s engagement!?!?!?

Please do not let these jerks temper your happiness- your ring is STUNNING (and big!), the way your fiance proposed was just the sweetest. I love that pic of you trying to pop balloons with a crutch.
1.gif

Next time someone makes a comment like that, punch ''em in the eye with your bling. Kidding. The one time someone had the audacity to ask what my ring cost, I just looked at them and said, gently, "What a rude, rude question." Thought she was gonna swallow her tongue. VERY satisfying.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Punch her in the head with it and him even and say "HOW BIG AND NICE DOES IT LOOK NOW THAT IT PUT A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD?!"

That sucks. I have had a few really bummer comments but when I see what their rings look like I take it as "jeez. jealous much"

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
WTF?? You have to see these people every day? I''ll try not to repeat other posts (too late), but WTF? "Work friends" is indeed a strange category of friend - I know a woman at work who is really challenged when it comes to knowing what will and will not hurt a person''s feelings. I consider her a colleague - not a friend. Friends make you feel good about yourself. You should feel like you''re at your best when you''re around them, NOT dissolving in a puddle of tears, for J***s sake! Wear the hell out of that ring and know that it is beautiful!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
isn''t it crazy to think that so many folks come here sharing stories about "friends" who want to complain because your stone is too small, or your stone is too big, or your setting is too blingy, or your setting is not blingy enough, or that you paid too much money, or that you didn''t spend enough money, or ___________ (fill in the blank). One of my favorites that I remember is someone saying that a girl''s stone was "a little yellow"...of course it was a fancy yellow diamond.
11.gif

chellebelle, your ring is fantastic!!! And my favorite part of your SMTR thread is the title:
"Engaged to the love of my life with the ring of my dreams!!!"

don''t let anyone take that feeling away from you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results