shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves & Trends 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here's the sweater (I LOVE this color). It's lined with soft cotton jersey.

stadiumcardigan.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
The JS shoes are cute, I just have not been able to try them on yet, they seem to be reasonably priced too. I ordered these ones from Nine West online and they are on sale as well!! I have not been able to wear them yet since this weather here is wacky and in the 90''s. But, they do come in a wide (which I def need a bit more room).

PG_NWJOYDON_DBROWLE_PD.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebud, very cute booties/shooties! I agree, it''s tough to get into fall mode when the weather is so unseasonably warm--it''s the same way here in Chicagoland, I''ve only purchased a couple sweaters so far but they''ve been cotton cable knits with 3/4 length sleeves, definitely transitional pieces and won''t be warm enough come January and February!

I did find a gorgeous sweater while browsing online at Nordies tonight...it''s a BCBgirls cable knit with cap sleeves that will look adorable with jeans or black pants for work or weekends, methinks:

kellysweater.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I thought this would be a great addition to my outerwear wardrobe as well...the double cloth Sybil coat with raised collar and inside flounce in dark poppy (somehow I can never bring myself to buy a basic black coat even though I desperately need one, the other colors are just too beautiful):

sybilcoat.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great coat Monnie--I just lurv "red"!!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Canuk! I "lurve" red too!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING!

I actually bought these rainboots at the end of last winter but I''m still in love with them.
Hunter boots in Navy:

hunterrainboots.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I also got these flats for comfort. By Franco Sarto at Nordstrom.

FStmoropatent.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
BP grey suede boots at Nordstrom. SOoooooo comfortable and cute.

BPboots.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
And I bought these boots during an early fall season sale back in July or August. Also by Franco Sarto. I like FS because they make small sizes!! I wear a 4.5. Linea Paolo and BP also make size 4.5''s. Only at Nordstrom!

FrancoSartoBoots.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I am in desperate need of a winter coat or two. The ones in my closet are at least 3 years old. So hard to find coats that fit me! Haha...who knows if I''ll even need them though because it''s still so warm! Jcrew is the only place I''ve been able to find coats small enough, so I''ll probably get a casual down coat and a dressier one from there.

Monarch, I''m totally eyeing the Sybil in red too! I also like the violet.

Sybil_PR5953.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
And I swear I''ll stop after this coat. (for now).

puff_BR6410.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent loot Crown! I love Franco Sarto shoes/boots--they look great and are a good value!

cheers--Sharon

lxb87

Rough_Rock
I too love the mod look that''s in style! Does anyone know who designs this coat Anne Hathaway is wearing? It''s so cute.

get-smart-large.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown, i love those franco sartos!!!

i ordered the Me Too Saba Moccasins from nordies online in burgundy a few weeks ago and they just shipped last week, out of stock i guess. my coworkers have them in black and they are super cute. they have a contrast white piping and look great with jeans and sweaters.

i also got some cute brown suede pumps with a side button buckle from BCBGirls from nordies a few weeks ago. they have kind of a rounded pointy toe...interesting, dont LOVE the toe but the overall shoe is super cute, so more for wearing with skirts or cropped pants i think to show off more of the shoe line.

haven't done too much shopping lately other than some new shoes. my closet is bursting at the seams right now. so figure ill just stick with what i have for now and buy pieces as they catch my eye without really looking. oh i did get a cashmere sweater from bluefly a few weeks ago as well, a soft blue cable scoopneck from hayden. it's quite comfy. and i am loving my BCBG boucle cardigan sweater...i get compliments on it every time i wear it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2007 12:11:17 AM
Author: CrownJewel
SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING!

I actually bought these rainboots at the end of last winter but I''m still in love with them.
Hunter boots in Navy:
Hehehe...Hunter Welllies have been the equestrian''s wellie boot of choice for many years here in the UK, now they are a fashion item!! They are great boots!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh monnie that red coat is dee-viiiine! I LOVE red!!

and those FS ankle boots are fab....i love the button detail!

I'm on call again this months, which usually means a significant increase in midnight online shopping
20.gif
. Bad GBC! I just bought this cute little bomber jacket with fau fur trim. i know i know, very reminiscent of JLo from a few years back, and i have one in brown, but the white is so snow-bunny fun and it was only $18.50 so I couldn't resist!

43701082-02.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i also got this adorable capelet with portrait collar. i think it''s be perfect over both my full skirted dresses and shift dresses for a slightly audrey-ish look. love it for the ballet ( we have season tix and i am loving it!) where the A/C can make it chilly inside. $22.90

45267271-01.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
then my wallet screamed at me to stop cuz we''re trying to save up for a nice vacay in the sping. however i couldn''t resist browsing and found these cuties at target. i am loving the whole mod revival and these swig jackets have me drooling. love the asymmetric bottons on this one. $49.99

tgmodswing4999.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
another swing/a-line coat, cute collar detail, and although i''m not a huge plaid person, i think it looks great with this coat. $89.99

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ooops forgot to attach

tgplaidswing8999.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
and the other portrait collar capelet got me excited and diggin' the look and i found this absolutely classix tweed coat that i love love love...and the price is fab too! it would be soooo cute with jeans and boots. $39.00.

tgportriattweed.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
SDL -- isn''t it so audrey! i''m excited to get it. if i had to choose a style icon, it''s be her
30.gif
. hmmm... dunno if angora is in or out. i had some angora sweaters a few years ago but they were itchy and i kept shedding everywhere
20.gif
so i hven''t worn them in a while. while browsing target i saw they had a huge infusion in there cashmere sweater line. i don''t know the quality from personal experience but i heard it was decent, esp for the price. not sure if it is excatly the coral orangey color you''re looking for, but i did see an orange cashmere t-neck. it was pretty orange, nice, but quite distinctly orange. maybe you want to check it out?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve finally figured out what drew me to this site (other than diamonds) - you ladies love some Nordstrom. After I graduated college, I had to get some professional gear and it started my love affair with Nordstrom. You ladies have some style!

SanDiegoLady, if you go by Elle Woods'' notion, Angora is still not quite in. Gosh, I love me some Legally Blonde.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown, I love the Sybil in every color except that crazy lime/yellow...??? I emailed my mom with a wish list just for fun and she emailed back saying not to buy any more coats, hee hee, so I think I''ll be a very happy daughter this Christmas! (She loves practical gifts, and red, so I''m just guessing but I think the Sybil in red will be under the tree for me this year!) Love the FS flats you posted...if I buy flats that means I''ll have to get my pants hemmed and then they''ll be too short with heels otherwise I''d grab myself a pair of those...

Ginger, love all the jackets you posted! As a "hippy" gal, my proportions just won''t allow for the cropped, swingy look I think but they look fab on everyone else I''ve seen wearing them here! BTW, remember that VS grey sweater you posted a couple pages back...do you love it or not so much? Just wondering, I love the length and style of it but was curious about the quality?

I am sending back my gold BCBG cable sweater, the fit just did not work for me. The weight of it is perfect for fall/winter, and with dark jeans or black pants it would be adorable, EXCEPT, the cap sleeves basically leave me "sleeveless." I can''t handle showing my armpits in the winter, it''s just too weird, lol! So it''s going back and I''ll find something else that is more "cocktail-y" that is sleeveless, slinky, and halter-y for get-togethers this season. It just didn''t do anything for me when I tried it on.

My AE sweats in orange still have not arrived!
7.gif
I apparently deleted the email containing my order # and haven''t been able to track it since I ordered them 3 weeks ago, but they either never showed or were snatched. Very upset about this, but will call when I get a chance tomorrow and find out what the H happened to them. I feel some online ordering drama coming on, that''s for sure. Never had a problem with that company when ordering online, and their standard shipping is waaaay slow, so I figured it was just a case of the usual slow shipping, but 3 weeks is getting ridiculous.

I''m feeling a new handbag itch coming on, and have been coveting a LV for a while now, so I''m thinking I need to start emailing DH my eluxury wishlists...hee hee. And that will conclude my fall buying spree I think! Oh, I did pick up a pair of fab rigid dark denim trousers from JC last Friday (in an 8, thank you very much, two sizes lower than a year and a half ago), that I adore! They have a lighter weight one that just hit stores but I liked the heavier ones better for fall/winter and they''re super flattering. And THAT concludes my fall buying, lol!
35.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch: those are lovely rain boots.Are they comfy? Where do you think I can get one of those.Its been raining so much and I really need a pair.They are not easy to find.Thanks

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
somehow I can''t edit my last post so I meant to ask Crown Jewel about Hunter Boots in navy..thanks and sorry about the confusion...
ps:can''t figure out why it won''t let me edit ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i had to post about these awesome shoes i just got...i was traveling and had some time to kill so went to a mall and they had nordies. 2 weeks ago while coming home from mexico i saw a lady in the customs line who had the cutest red ballet flats with a criss cross string on the toes area. i thought they were amazingly cute and great for traveling. so i looked online when i got home for all the major sites...didn't see anything that i thought was them. i thought oh well. well at nordies i'm wandering around, and i see what i think are them! i think omg these are them. but i have already gotten a pair of burgundy flats from me too (super cute by the way). i see this brand also comes in a black with patent accents. oh and they are on sale! like 30% off. so i try them on. funny thing is that they are a funny fit...so a 8.5 fits my bigger foot better than an 8 but the 8 fits my smaller foot better than the 8.5. darn! but can't mismatch them obviously. so i decide that since they are on sale for $30, i will get both pairs...8 and 8.5 and wear the mismatched ones that feel best. the salesguy was kind of baffled by this i guess, but i told him, well for $60 total, i can have a pair that i know i will love and wear all the time and fits perfectly!!! it wasn't about spending the extra $30. i want a pair of shoes i will actually use all the time. so i am super excited. i had them do the mail order thing so they can send me both pairs because i couldn't take the boxes with me in my luggage (wouldn't fit). so now just have to wait til they come. funniest thing is that these things are SO CUTE in person. when i was trying them on i had THREE people walk by me and exclaim about how cute they are. and they make your feet look super cute too. so jazzed! def my best fall find so far behind my BCBG wool boucle sweater (which i get a ton of compliments on too..so glad i bought it).

the picture is hard to really see, but the darker black parts are the patent so the shoes can be a little dressier or more casual depending on the outfit. they fit like a glove and the criss cross straps are super cute going across the feet. love them!!! oh and they have this interesting sole cushioning technology thing inside, so the inside of the shoes are tiny raised bubbles. it felt pretty comfy. nordies doesn't have them online though which i found interesting and would explain why i didn't see them when i was searching after seeing the gal in the airport with the red ones!

privo hop.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 1:07:57 PM
Author: Mara
so i had to post about these awesome shoes i just got...i was traveling and had some time to kill so went to a mall and they had nordies. 2 weeks ago while coming home from mexico i saw a lady in the customs line who had the cutest red ballet flats with a criss cross string on the toes area. i thought they were amazingly cute and great for traveling. so i looked online when i got home for all the major sites...didn't see anything that i thought was them. i thought oh well. well at nordies i'm wandering around, and i see what i think are them! i think omg these are them. but i have already gotten a pair of burgundy flats from me too (super cute by the way). i see this brand also comes in a black with patent accents. oh and they are on sale! like 30% off. so i try them on. funny thing is that they are a funny fit...so a 8.5 fits my bigger foot better than an 8 but the 8 fits my smaller foot better than the 8.5. darn! but can't mismatch them obviously. so i decide that since they are on sale for $30, i will get both pairs...8 and 8.5 and wear the mismatched ones that feel best. the salesguy was kind of baffled by this i guess, but i told him, well for $60 total, i can have a pair that i know i will love and wear all the time and fits perfectly!!! it wasn't about spending the extra $30. i want a pair of shoes i will actually use all the time. so i am super excited. i had them do the mail order thing so they can send me both pairs because i couldn't take the boxes with me in my luggage (wouldn't fit). so now just have to wait til they come. funniest thing is that these things are SO CUTE in person. when i was trying them on i had THREE people walk by me and exclaim about how cute they are. and they make your feet look super cute too. so jazzed! def my best fall find so far behind my BCBG wool boucle sweater (which i get a ton of compliments on too..so glad i bought it).

the picture is hard to really see, but the darker black parts are the patent so the shoes can be a little dressier or more casual depending on the outfit. they fit like a glove and the criss cross straps are super cute going across the feet. love them!!! oh and they have this interesting sole cushioning technology thing inside, so the inside of the shoes are tiny raised bubbles. it felt pretty comfy. nordies doesn't have them online though which i found interesting and would explain why i didn't see them when i was searching after seeing the gal in the airport with the red ones!
Date: 11/11/2007 1:07:57 PM
Author: Mara

these have to be privos which i love. i don't have that style but since i discovered them this summer i have bought four pairs. they are most comfortable and i am a nine and have bought only eight and a halves in privos. they are cute!

eta: sorry about the double quote. i don't know how i did that?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i checked those out at zappos and you got a great price. i like the 110% price match they have and always search for a good competing price. i did not see these shoes on nordstrom''s online site. can you say which store you found them. if they have the same size and color i want i can get your great price with 110% price match. i did not know about the penny on the back until i saw it on zappos multi views. cute touch. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results