shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves & Trends 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I ordered this in camel, ivory, and heather grey tonight from VS...should get me through the transitional season before it gets too chilly here by December.

vsswtr.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, very cute choices! I got a couple of nice skirts and slacks to wear to luncheons and charity things I have during the daytime this fall. Wider legs are definitely in!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF, your purchases sound fabulous as always, you love Tory B like I love J. Crew!
36.gif
35.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am always cold and consequently a big sweater person and pretty much live in them most of the year. I love all the new sweater styles that are out right now. Here are a couple I just ordered...

cmsgreensweater.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmsgreysweater.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
catmom--those sweaters are really cute. Where are they from?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2007 9:23:36 AM
Author: IslandDreams
catmom--those sweaters are really cute. Where are they from?
Thanks, ID. They''re from Monterey Bay Clothing Company. They have a lot of cute sweaters and I had a hard time choosing. I''ve never ordered from them before so I won''t know how the quality is though until I get them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am even considering the black tights for evening. I have a bunch of black tie parties and have short dresses for all of them, and really am liking the more evening version of the black tights with satin peep toe shoes. Kindacool looking!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i have been meaning to post this for days but my schedule just never lets up!!

anyway while traveling earlier this week in beautiful santa barbara, went shopping in Montecito, some upscale boutique town near SB. they had the cutest little shops. discovered this store called Ever which i guess was the brainchild of the Lucky Brand owner, and it''s basically a store with all clothes made for comfort and traveling.

SUPER CUTE JEAN DISCOVERY! i am going to post this in the jean thread too but OMG. i had just found the cutest pair of Seven Ginger trouser jeans up the street at this other boutique and then we came to this Ever store and their jean material was like butter. seriously, i did not want to try them on because i could instantly see how quickly my head would be turned. friend tried them on and they looked so amazing on her, i had to try them. they looked amazing on me. way better than the Ginger sevens. DRAT. so i bought them and then hightailed it up the street to the other store to return the Ginger jeans (still want them but figure i can get them cheaper online or something later). bummer is that the Ever jeans, while being absolutely fabulous when on, stretched out a bit too much for me by end of day so i have to work on shrinking them down a bit. the sizing is a bit weird because i tried on a bigger size that fit like a glove, then tried a smaller one because the bigger one had a lot of room in the waist, and the smaller size fit BIGGER than the bigger size. *scratches head* and they didn''t have the size smaller than the smaller for me to try. but i did find them online so i am going to see if i can get my paws on a smaller size to try those and then if necessary, sell the bigger ones on ebay or something to recoup 3/4 of the $$. these are NOT cheap, they are the most i have ever spent on jeans before but man the feel is worth it.

the store guy said that Barneys carries them but he wasn''t sure about Bloomies, NM etc but for anyone interested in super comfy flattering butter jeans, check them out. a bunch of online stores have them too, i think shopbop and revolve and shopgreenapple. the ones i got are the Canela Bootcut and they just rock. i also got a super cute fitted cap puffed sleeve tee from LAWear (or something like that) in SB in a beautiful dark eggplant color that looks awesome with the jeans and a cropped swingy cream cardigan with tan wedge sandals. mmm!!!

so that''s my ''fall update'' for now.
3.gif
still trying to get to nordies to see what they have for shoes, and if i can pick up those cute guess ones i posted previously. and find a pair of burgundy patent pumps!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s pictures of the jeans.

ever canela a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s the back, my pockets are not blue like this picture but are the dark gold denim stitching color for extra pop. the guy said that while all the bootcut canelas are cut the same, the stitching on back pockets can vary in color etc. kinda interesting. and obviously the fit varies too because the smaller size was too big and larger fit smaller. so it might make it hard to buy online.

ever canela b.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
FH just bought me this new mahogany leather Coach bag for a wedding present. It's probably a few seasons old, but I don't care. I absolutely adore it. I saw it and knew it was the perfect bag for me. Is it bad to want to buy three or four more so that when this one wears out, I'll always have a new one waiting?

ebreenewbag.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got a another cute leather jacket from Tory, the Sargent Pepper shrunken leather, in black. I had the brown and really liked it, though I have not been a leather jacket lover in the East. It is hard to layer with a long sleeve and so I am hoping it works for fall into early winter.

Also really liking my flats, but hemmed some of my new jeans for heels and flats, since in the snow I am not wearing high shoes!!! (who can even think about snow now!!!!_

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
catmom--did you get your sweaters yet? How do you like them? Would you post pictures of yourself in them? I really like the greenish one and wondering what it''s like on a real person.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2007 9:02:23 AM
Author: IslandDreams
catmom--did you get your sweaters yet? How do you like them? Would you post pictures of yourself in them? I really like the greenish one and wondering what it''s like on a real person.
Hi ID,

I do like them and will most likely order again from them. I like the quality and they shipped them very quickly. YIKES you want body pictures................ummm okay.
6.gif
Note the head is cropped due to lack of makeup and hair being done yet. I also don''t know what those streaks are in the grey sweater picture??

cmsgreensweater1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the grey sweater...

cmsgreysweater1.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Catmom--Thank you so much for the review & pictures. Both sweaters are very cute on you! Do you feel they run true to size?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, IslandDreams. As far as sizing goes I ordered both in a size small and I think they are just a tad big but not enough to worry about.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s what I do ... I stalk the bags of celebrities. I love this one! So SNUGGLY ...

knitbag.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute deco. love the SQUISHINESS factor there.

sooooo any other ladies got something fun they want to buy or are planning to buy or bought already for fall?

come on gals i need some eye candy. i really want to get out and do fall shopping but it seems like i can never find the time. i just surf around online and drool and print out pictures to take to stores i never manage to get to. i am about to start ordering shoes off nordstrom's website...but that seems iffy.

i was in BCBG this wkd and tried on the cutest charcoal single button big puffed sleeve cardigan sweater. problem is that an XS/S fit me like i was nicole richie pre-pregnancy. i asked about sizing and they said that is how the cut was. gosh i can't imagine what REAL XS/S gals wear??? is there an XXXXXXS size? anyway, i was kind of put off by it but since then i have kept thinking about it. and they only had one left. it was $180 which is more than i typically like to spend on a non cashmere kind of 'trend' sweater but it was snuggly and i loved the puffed 1/2 sleeves...a good transition sweater for the office from fall to winter and i could wear long sleeves under it as well for winter. so i might just get it.

pushing rudely into my fall shopping mentality is the fact that we are going to acapulco at end of the month for a vacation and a friends wedding...which is going to be a blast but it'll be 90 there! so i still have to think 'summer' for that trip, esp when trying to find a dress for the wedding. argh. just when i am ready to start thinking chicken noodle soup. oh well i guess there are worse problems to have hehee.

so please post me some pictures of what you are coveting this fall. i need to live vicariously through ya'll. i know DF and canuk gal probably have something sinfully expensive up their sleeves. spill!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go Mara, I am so coveting these babies that I found on the Anthropologie link you posted in the trouser thread...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bootcandy.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh dear, it is very bad, so please don''t ask......
31.gif
the Victoire Wool Crepe Coat...too bad the picture does not do the coat justice.....I have coat disease..

http://www.georges-rech.fr/

Oh and why can''t I find that fab red (City) Balenciaga online anywhere? I saw it at Saks in PS, yet no info on their website or any other shop...it it some big secret? Guess I have to call.... Holt''s has it locally, but not in red..

BTW, great boots LL!! yum yum
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

marvel

Brilliant_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute Lorelei and Marvel. sharon that blazer is ooh la la!!!

here are some shoes i am coveting from Nordies.

linea sierra.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s the BCBG cardigan i now desperately want.

bcbg cardigan.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Those shoes and cardi are fab Mara! Actually I am jealy you are going to Acapulco--we have been wanting to go back for many years; but from here it is such a trek. But i have the fondest memories of the Acapulco Princess. Where are you staying? Is it direct/NS from SF?

I love that cashmere sweater Marvel--it always seems to be cashmere weather here!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara that cardigan is so cute. it''s been hard for me to think about fall much since i''ll be buying all new maternity items. this is also our last baby so i don''t want to spend a lot b/c it truly will be used for only one season. Old navy is typically where I go becasue items are cute, they don''t have to last 5 years and the prices are just cheap. I have wanted a cute pair of everyday boots for a couple years, specifically the Frye Harness boots..a la Jessica Simpson in Dukes of hazzard. they must still be popular b/c they are sold out everywhere in my size, but they aren''t really trendy cute so I don''t know if I want to spend $200 for them. But then again, some of the more trendy decorative fall boots wouldn''t really work with jeans and a tee or tank/sweater so i go back to the Frye''s....hmmmm plus, i live in TN where cowboy boots are always in style
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sharon we'll be at the Camino Real (http://www.camino-real-acapulco.com/) ...my friend who is getting married has stayed at a few of the hotels there and this one is her fave since it's more boutiquey. i was tempted by the Mayan Palace but she said it was very resorty which i am not that into. we got an ocean view deluxe room, so should be pretty. we're not sure if we should get a car or just taxi it around. we'll be there a week. it'll be 90 degrees so that's the fun part as it will be more like fall here by then...way to get a tan before thanksgiving hehee. oh and the sucky part is that we have TWO layovers from San Jose...SF would have just been one layover but getting up there and all that would have eaten up any of the time we would save, so we said nevermind, easier to fly out/in closer to home. so we leave at 6am and arrive in ACA at 5pm...so sad that we lose an entire day...but oh well. we were going to come back on sat but because of that we extended it to sun so that we really have the full entire week up there. we'll just take the sleep hit when we return and have to go to work the next day! it's also my bday that week so it should be double fun.

mrs salvo...the frye boots are still hugely popular apparently! My friend was just telling me how she wanted a pair and had to like get on some waiting list and this and that to get them here. if you really love them, above and beyond them being a trend, get them!!!
5.gif
also it seems like all the clothes now are so great for preggo women...like that bcbg cardi i posted is one of those floaty empirey bottom ones. and a lot of the sweaters out there are like that too it seems. not too much is super fitted in the way of trends this season. but the only way i want to wear wide trousers is with a fitted sweater, so gotta find a happy medium!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good to know the frye''s are still popular. it''s easy to get caught up in kiddieland and loose touch with adult fashion
5.gif

oh and ann''s fabulous finds has a balenciaga sapin purse that I am so lusting after too and would fab. for fall...so many wants so little $$
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results