shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves & Trends 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know we are all in the swing of things for summer but all the fashion mags and stores are coming out with Fall goods already!! What is on your list this season?

Seems like ballet flats, mary janes, skinny/straight jeans, flowing tops are still en vogue, and on the other side of the coin, wide leg trouser jeans are all over the place now. Any favorites or things that are on your lists already?

I haven't really begun mentally shopping just yet, but I do want to try a pair of wide leg trouser jeans which are supposed to balance out the hips, hehee.

Oh and I do know I want a black Balenciaga city bag this fall.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

I want another beautiful Cashmere sweater. They are my favorite. Although you and I live in California, it does get chilly and I love the cozy feeling they give.

I do want, straight leg jeans, and.......................... a RED LEATHER JACKET!!!!! I have a black leather jacket and a black leather long coat. Now I am feisty and want a RED one. LOL

Also, want some cute flat leather shoes to wear with my jeans.. Any ideas????

Linda

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t really looked into fall trends yet. One of my favorite brands, Free People, has a cute grey jacket that I picked up the other day, but, aside from that I''ve been focused mostly on getting new school clothes for my kids. My older son (age 6) is really slim build and I''m having a tough time finding even one pair of jeans that fit him properly. It''s starting to stress me out! AHHHH. . .

Once he''s back in school, I can shop while my little one is in preschool. I can''t wait!
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
the wide leg trouser jeans are super cute. I have a pair from a frew seasons ago when they were kinda starting to emerge that i still love from BR. they''re great for the casual day at work thing. not as high waisted as the ones in all the mags right now...which is good cuz i''m not sure i''m ready to plunge into the high school librarian look! which coincidentally, the last time i wore wide legged jeans was in high school....ahhh the days of the stovepipe. anyone else as ghetto as i was? my parents will be relieved to know i''m wearing my wide legged jeans in a more responsible manner nowadays
3.gif

not feeling the slouchy ankle boot, but kinda liking the heeled saddle shoes look. not sure i would pull it off though. still loving layering shift dresses over thin sweater/t-necks with the colored hose and flats or mary janes.

color wise usually i''m a big chocolate, winter white, camel, bronze and black kinda gal, but right now my eye is catching on the navies, dark dark teals, greys, and pewters.

love fall/winter fashion...too bad i''m in texas...
40.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad this topic was started! I''ve begun to look forward in the last week or two to seeing what the new trends will be for fall so I can begin to strategically come up with a plan of action.
1.gif
It appears that flats are going to be pretty popular again/still (probably Tori Burch), and black is the new black-- paired with bright colors. Of course, this might just be optimistic thinking on my part-- since moving to southern California, it seems fashion here has a hard time shaking off the "jeans with a $300 cotton t-shirt" look that has reigned supreme for years now.
23.gif
The plan is to pick up an armful of mags later this week when the fall issues come in and see what looks interesting.

On a related note, after last winter''s dark shades and summer''s bold corals and medium-bold pinks, what do you see as the nail trends for fall? Neutrals? Nude? Reds? Shimmers? Metallics?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 3:28:19 PM
Author: MC
I haven''t really looked into fall trends yet. One of my favorite brands, Free People, has a cute grey jacket that I picked up the other day, but, aside from that I''ve been focused mostly on getting new school clothes for my kids. My older son (age 6) is really slim build and I''m having a tough time finding even one pair of jeans that fit him properly. It''s starting to stress me out! AHHHH. . .

Once he''s back in school, I can shop while my little one is in preschool. I can''t wait!
9.gif
MC, have you tried Quiksilver? That brand seems to be made for slim kidos! I just picked up some of the cutest Roxy (girl version of QS) jeans for DD and they fit her so well. She''s very narrow through the waist and hips so they work great for her. I hear you on the going to preschool thing. DD is starting this year, too! Look out mall!

As for my clothes...I''m really wanting some denim trousers. I just got some Joe''s jeans, but, I don''t think I have enough badunkadunk to hold them up after they stretch out so I''ll probably return them. Other than that I picked up a pair of red flats that are cute for the end of summer and beginning of fall. I got a few dresses at the Nordie''s sale that work for summer and into fall. I wear my Juicy sweats constantly so I think it''s time for an addition. For some reason I can''t wrap my brain around skinny jeans. I love them on other people, but, I think I look plain dumb in them. Maybe it''s because I''m small already and people usually equate small with young. I feel silly at my 13 year old''s school looking too young. I''ll keep trying, though! DH is always trying to talk me into them. Maybe I''ll start with a straight leg. I do want a new black bag...maybe not a b bag...but, a good one nonetheless - so that''s on the list, too. I''m really in a jewelry mood and not clothes so much right now. Hopefully I can satisfy a few of my cravings.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fitting I just ordered some shoes for this fall and I've been thinking about updating some sweaters as well. I don't follow trends very much and I'm not buying into the skinny jeans thing, but there are a few things out right now that I think are really cute.

Here are the shoes I purchased. I like things that are somewhat nerdy looking and tailored to look great with long jeans:
http://www.shoemall.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=313116&categoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&typeId=0
http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1012771&variant_id=12963

I splurged and got these petite paige jeans a while back...I love them!!!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2947946?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=petite+paige+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

I've been eyeing these too...but I've purchased enough for now:
I like this one in moss: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod86856301
I love this dress too: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod86405301

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What about the nail polish colours for fall ''07? Does anyone know what is in..... or does this topic belong in another thead?!

(Hi Mara
35.gif
- glad you had a fab time in PS!!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 8:49:45 PM
Author: Miranda
MC, have you tried Quiksilver? That brand seems to be made for slim kidos! I just picked up some of the cutest Roxy (girl version of QS) jeans for DD and they fit her so well. She''s very narrow through the waist and hips so they work great for her. I hear you on the going to preschool thing. DD is starting this year, too! Look out mall!
Miranda,
We''re heading to Macy''s tomorrow, so I''ll be sure to check out Quiksilver. Some of the stores like Gap Kids and Gymboree are all offering "slim" lines, but my son doesn''t like the jean finishes that both of those stores offer. He is unbelievably picky for a six year old! lol Luckily, I ordered clothes from Gymboree during their 40% off sale (that is still going on, just in case you''re still school shopping), so I can spend a bit more to get him whatever jeans make him happy.
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the wedges and have gotten some more Tory Burch ballet flats, and I love little coats over things. I will likely default to my Uggs and sweats when it is really cold as it will be all about comfort then. As for nails, if I do not do a french that is more subtle, or a sheer pale nude, I do dark. Toes are always dark in fall and winter and pale in summer. I am boring, I know it. I love thin cashmere sweaters with jackets, and the slightly higher waisted but not too full legged jean, in a darker wash. I have some great Prada micro fiber boots which I wear if I am getting more dressed up, they have a heel versus the Uggs, and look a bit more polished but are not going to be ruined in the weather.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neiman''s at King of Prussia just got some huge new Balenciaga bags in (sorry, couldn''t find any pics). They''re very tall and heavy. I''m thinking about a green one.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
booties! tht''s what they''re called. very cute. seeing them all over the place. not sure if i can pull it off.

loving:

pewter accesories

lots of tailored jackets in fun fabrics - plaids, cords, velvet - worn over everything! sweaters for a tailored casual look, funky graphic tees for a more edgy look, blousy sheer blouses with ladylike details (touches of lace, ribbon, pleating, SUBTLE ruffles) for a more dressy look.

though cute, don''t think i''m gonna do the vest thing -- brings back bad memories of middle school fashion!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mmm. pewter. and brushed gold. yum.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2007 1:05:48 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
booties! tht''s what they''re called. very cute. seeing them all over the place. not sure if i can pull it off.

loving:

pewter accesories

lots of tailored jackets in fun fabrics - plaids, cords, velvet - worn over everything! sweaters for a tailored casual look, funky graphic tees for a more edgy look, blousy sheer blouses with ladylike details (touches of lace, ribbon, pleating, SUBTLE ruffles) for a more dressy look.

though cute, don''t think i''m gonna do the vest thing -- brings back bad memories of middle school fashion!
LOL, GingerB, we must be close to the same age, because I feel the same way, AND I wore "ghetto" jeans in high school (I think it was h.s. anyway!)

On topic, I have let my subscriptions to Vogue, Lucky, and H''s Bazaar lapse as of this spring and I haven''t even thought yet about fashion for fall. I know that as far as the few classic staple I buy every year, I''m probably going to buy another J.Crew wool/nylon day coat in either black or roasted pepper (red), and they have some great argyle cardigans I think would be cute and bookish looking for work or on weekends, and there is a great Bella jacket with a stand up collar in either wool or velvet in the catalog and on their website right now which I love. I''m not totally sold on the standup collar yet, but I''ll know once I try it on, and I''m hoping it looks stylish and "different" on me, rather than "crazy." LOL!

As far as trendier pieces, I usually wait until the season is actually upon us to make those purchases, plus I need to get my finger back on the pulse of fashion for a minute to decide on what I like!

Nail colors? I have no idea...I did notice that 8ty8beauty.com has stopped carrying Essie???! Not such a big deal, but I wonder what happened there. Anyway, I hope the dark, dark colors are still in because I still have a 3/4 full bottle of Wicked from last fall, lol! I have noticed a few gals around the Chicago area wearing cinnamon reds when I''ve been shopping recently, I wonder if that''s indicative of a new trend? I love a good red...I just hate the maintenance!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so fun that you ladies get to enjoy trends and fashion during different seasons --spring/summer fall/winter! In where I live, it is pretty much either hot and raining or hot and not raining. So we pretty much wear the same thing (summer trends) all year with or without an umbrella!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I always think of comfort first because if I buy something that is uncomfortable, I won''t wear it. I can''t wear any wool other than cashmere next to my skin. I am really liking the tops and sweaters with 3/4 length sleeves because I can''t stand anything around my wrists. I know. I know. I am getting weirder and weirder as I get older. I bought an empire type black sweater, black leggings and a grey cashmere sweater. I am gravitating towards neutrals thinking how cute my new tomato first B-bag will go with them. I like loose fitting tops and so many of the styles are form fitting.
I guess I am going to try to find some cute black ballet flats to wear with them. Heels are cute but I just don''t end up wearing them with two little kids. I also bought some cute cargo pants from DKNY that are lined for winter.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 1:26:13 PM
Author: simplysplendid
It''s so fun that you ladies get to enjoy trends and fashion during different seasons --spring/summer fall/winter! In where I live, it is pretty much either hot and raining or hot and not raining. So we pretty much wear the same thing (summer trends) all year with or without an umbrella!
LOL SS, I was thinking that too! (Minus the rain)

I used to get really into trends but I find that, especially for the bigger ticket items, I tire of stuff quickly
7.gif
I''ve reverted back to stand-bys that don''t really go out of style. The only thing I really get sucked into is designer jeans--and MAN do I get sucked in!!
3.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I must have these peep toe oxfords and some grey booties. I have bad knees and a bad ankle so I can''t wear heels much (but I love them *sniffle*... but ballets and wedges are great for me! There are a pair of Steve Madden zebra ballets with thin buckles that I''m going to get- Macy''s owes me half off on a pair of shoes.
9.gif

I bought some skinny jeans and love them... if cut right they are flattering though I won''t be getting rid of my boot cuts. Also got some stretchy belts for at the waist.

Looks like red lips will be in
13.gif
as well as natural, fresh monochromatic faces... don''t know about that one being so pale.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2007 1:10:58 AM
Author: sera
I must have these peep toe oxfords and some grey booties. I have bad knees and a bad ankle so I can''t wear heels much (but I love them *sniffle*... but ballets and wedges are great for me! There are a pair of Steve Madden zebra ballets with thin buckles that I''m going to get- Macy''s owes me half off on a pair of shoes.
9.gif

I bought some skinny jeans and love them... if cut right they are flattering though I won''t be getting rid of my boot cuts. Also got some stretchy belts for at the waist.

13.gif
as well as natural, fresh monochromatic faces... don''t know about that one being so pale.
Adorable shoes, sera! And I heart Steve Madden even if he is a crook,LOL!

As far as nail colors...I''ve seen a ton of brick red being worn on short nails already around here in the Chicago area...I love it! I think I''m going with that on my toes for the most part, and nude colors on my fingers. No bright french manicures on my hands...something about the look is starting to seem a little passe..
I love an american mani, and I can do that myself at home. i also love just a pale neutral tone, like beige or khaki, for fall, for nails...I love natural nails!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 2:56:33 AM
Author: monarch64
Date: 8/17/2007 1:10:58 AM

Author: sera

I must have these peep toe oxfords and some grey booties. I have bad knees and a bad ankle so I can't wear heels much (but I love them *sniffle*... but ballets and wedges are great for me! There are a pair of Steve Madden zebra ballets with thin buckles that I'm going to get- Macy's owes me half off on a pair of shoes.
9.gif

I bought some skinny jeans and love them... if cut right they are flattering though I won't be getting rid of my boot cuts. Also got some stretchy belts for at the waist.

13.gif
as well as natural, fresh monochromatic faces... don't know about that one being so pale.
Adorable shoes, sera! And I heart Steve Madden even if he is a crook,LOL!

As far as nail colors...I've seen a ton of brick red being worn on short nails already around here in the Chicago area...I love it! I think I'm going with that on my toes for the most part, and nude colors on my fingers. No bright french manicures on my hands...something about the look is starting to seem a little passe..

I love an american mani, and I can do that myself at home. i also love just a pale neutral tone, like beige or khaki, for fall, for nails...I love natural nails!
He's a crook?!
6.gif
I didn't know lol.

Yeah, I do my own manicure- Orly has a natural looking set called Beverly Hills Manicure that I buy because I do not like the cotton candy pink with cloud white fr mani. I prefer a natural look (though I do like to funk-ify them up a bit with some artsy stuff... like an arc of sheer white flowers on the tips so it looks like a natural nail unless you look close and see the design). I love brick red; maybe I'll try it though I can't wear bright on my nails when I interpret Sign Language. I've seen some shimmering beige and bronze, etc. in the stores... sometimes I think bronze on me looks like dirt because I'm pale.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually have a lot to add to this as i read the Lucky fall fashion issue on the plane but i have to run off to work so for right now i will just say that much of what we saw last year seems to still be en vogue, also dark nail colors....they are out with a bunch of new ones, a fab dark purple from OPI, can''t recall the name!! wedges, flats, booties, sliver heel, skinny jeans seem to still kind of be around, but more trouser style. layers, short cropped flared jackets...super cute stuff!!

i also got my start on fall shopping while traveling for work, monnie who knew von maur would have such cute items?!?! i loved it. i''ll see if i can find what i bought online and post some photos. and i saw some CUTE shoes but didn''t have a chance to try them on. i am coveting a pair of dark burgundy patent leather franco sarto platforms with rounded toe, oh with jeans, divine....i want them.

it''s so funny for us here in CA to start thinking about fall when everyone else does as we don''t get to actually wear any fall items til around november!! but i like daydreaming.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 11:00:01 AM
Author: Mara

it''s so funny for us here in CA to start thinking about fall when everyone else does as we don''t get to actually wear any fall items til around november!! but i like daydreaming.
Yeah... I can''t wait for the day when I can wake up and do my happy-it''s-sweater-weather-dance!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too Sera and Mara!!!! I look forward to November, when I can finally stop wearing shorts and get into my nice sweaters!!!!!
36.gif

Linda

sera

Ideal_Rock
OK... I just bought some berry red polish and lip pencil from MAC... LOVE it. I wasn't sure about something so dark on my nails... it's not so dark that it looks harsh- makes my hands look whiter and brighter lol.

I also bought a champagne shadow (Chanel) and lip pencil (MAC) and like both of them a lot- they have just enough color that it doesn't wash me out.

While I was at Macy's... ohhhhhhh... Franco Sarto mary janes with a heel in med. grey suede with patent trim and some Aerosoles berry red patent open toe pumps.... buy two get 20% off
22.gif
they're on hold
31.gif
Heels hurt my knees but they are so cute!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
for colors, i''m really into pale yellow and bit brighter yellow, but not sunshine yellow - and browns. and i''m still liking emerald green too.
oh, and i just bought the cutest berry colored shoes sorta like the color in my avatar now. i''m liking charcol grey too. i bought a couple grey sweaters that i plan to layer with jewel tones this fall. i''ve been so stuck in black/pewter/white mode lately and i really want to start punching things up a bit.
it''s so easy for me to get stuck in boring work mode, that i forget that i can have fun with my clothes.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Dark toes for fall and winter with brick red and a dark purple.....sounds good to me! I will keep a look out for both these colours. I have been loving purple again lately after years of not, so that new OPI purple might work for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really would like a pair of funky tall boots this season, i saw in lucky they had a pair of coach pewter gray ones with buckles at the top, super cute but like $450 or something. since i don''t wear boots that often i''m not sure i want to ''invest'' in a pair like that, but man they looked beautiful in the magazine. i wouldn''t mind a pair of camel ones like that as well but i like the idea of a gray set of boots since it''s a little funky/different and i typically stay with camel/browns and blacks for shoes so that might mix it up a bit.

also i noticed that lipsticks are coming back into vogue, no longer gloss and sheer but it''s some new type of lipstick where it''s more sheer than previous cakey styles. they had a big spread on them in the mag along with colors for your skin tone, there were a few i thought might be interesting to try.

also when i got home from my biz trip greg had put a magazine that came for me on my computer, the september issue of Elle which is seriously FAT and has a huge spread on fashion for fall. 590 pages it says. i haven''t read it yet. only downer is it has lindsay lohan on the front, come on elle, you can do better than that!

i found a picture of the free people cardigan i bought but have yet to come across the joe''s jeans i found, though i found some other ones on nordstrom''s website that look super cute too. and having no luck finding the franco sarto shoes online that i saw, but i did find a bunch of other super cute shoes that are out right now, man i can tell my closet is going to take a serious shoe infusion this year. i love the flattish rounded toes with platform heel we are seeing as they are very comfy for me to wear...and are so versatile with jeans or skirts/dresses etc. my ideal heel height is about 2.5-3 but anything lower i don''t like as much and anything higher i tend to clop around in. so i am happy to see a fair amount of 3" heels which are perfect for my jeans.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the free people sweater i got. they have a few other cropped items that look good. this sweater actually looks better on than it does in this picture, it's so fall comfy happy and has a little hoodie.

fp sweater.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here are the Joe's jeans...found their picture at Anthropolgie, guess they are called the Lounge trouser. They are super soft and slouchy and have back patch pockets that look the same as the front. They are more like summery comfy jeans than super stylish dark wash kind of more tailored jeans (which I have a bunch of!) but I love them.

I had a pair like this years ago from JCrew that I LOVED and literally wore til they almost fell apart...so I have been thinking that since the trouser style is finally in again that I might get lucky and find something similar esp with the soft material, which these are! I don't LOVE the drawstring aspect of the waist but I just tuck the drawstring in so that it doesn't distract.

joes lounge jeans.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

In my day we used to call those bell bottom hip huggers. "sigh", I am showing my age.
39.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results