shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves & Trends 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2007 4:38:28 PM
Author: Mara
sharon we''ll be at the Camino Real (http://www.camino-real-acapulco.com/) ...my friend who is getting married has stayed at a few of the hotels there and this one is her fave since it''s more boutiquey. i was tempted by the Mayan Palace but she said it was very resorty which i am not that into. we got an ocean view deluxe room, so should be pretty. we''re not sure if we should get a car or just taxi it around. we''ll be there a week. it''ll be 90 degrees so that''s the fun part as it will be more like fall here by then...way to get a tan before thanksgiving hehee. oh and the sucky part is that we have TWO layovers from San Jose...SF would have just been one layover but getting up there and all that would have eaten up any of the time we would save, so we said nevermind, easier to fly out/in closer to home. so we leave at 6am and arrive in ACA at 5pm...so sad that we lose an entire day...but oh well. we were going to come back on sat but because of that we extended it to sun so that we really have the full entire week up there. we''ll just take the sleep hit when we return and have to go to work the next day! it''s also my bday that week so it should be double fun.
HI:

It will be fab. If memory serves, I think the CR is close to the Princess--nice part of Acapulco. My DH stayed at Las Brasis (sp) and he liked it. Anyway, fro here, we have great access to other parts of Mexico with direct nonstop charters, but not Acapulco. My DH has no intention of circumnavigating the globe to get there for a vacay. It will be great--don''t wear those (Nordy) shoes on the beach!
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sharon i looked at las brisas but all the pink was a bit much for me. i'd feel like i was in a bottle of pepto. hehee. my friend said that most of the hotels are on the same 'nicer' side of acapulco. and they are at the CR too so that's a bonus. did you guys ever go with a car or just take taxis?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2007 6:08:54 PM
sharon i looked at las brisas but all the pink was a bit much for me. i''d feel like i was in a bottle of pepto. hehee. my friend said that most of the hotels are on the same ''nicer'' side of acapulco. and they are at the CR too so that''s a bonus. did you guys ever go with a car or just take taxis?
HI Mara:

Taxi''s or city bus only. Pretty efficient and we never have had any problems (I''ve been to Acapulco, Matz, Cabo, Cancun x 2). No way I would drive in Mexico--and I have driven in Europe. Mexico (in general) is a country I just wouldn''t be comfortable behind the wheel.

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we stayed at las brisas for our honeymoon and it was very pink. although it was very nice and we had a great time. we made the huge mistake of renting the pink jeeps which is like plastering *tourist* across your forhead and makes you a target to folks looking to take advantage of tourist, including the corrupt cops
20.gif
so I''ll second sharon to just take taxi''s if you''ve got to leave your resort area.

sillybride

Rough_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon and Mara, I need to see about getting me a pair of those boots....
12.gif

Mara - I love those MJ shoes, super cute!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like they have a Cashmere wrap that's similar nordstrom

_5239209.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i have a wrap like that. i got it a couple of years ago at white/black.
you may want to see if they still carry it or something similar.

sillybride

Rough_Rock
thanks jcrow - is white/black a store? i''ve never heard of it - is there a website?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
went to anthropologie last nite and got these cutie jeans...LOVE THEM.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navCount=1&&pushId=APP_DENIM&id=72422

they are trouser wide leg style, with front flat rectangle pockets to slim hips and back slit pockets to frame the bootie. very flattering and $98! they are 32" so perfect for me with 3" heels whereas most of my other jeans are 33-34" so i have to wear my higher heels with them. also got the cutest puff sleeve silk side tie cropped sweater in a dusky rose from anthropologie on sale. here's the sweater:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navCount=1551&&pushId=APP_SALE_SWEATERS&id=710251

wearing them both today with a slim brown tank underneath and brown rounded toe heels.

and i got the BCBG sweater which is SOOO cute on, i am SO GLAD i went back to get it. and they were having some sort of sweater sale if you spent $200 which my sweater just was shy of, but the nice salesgal gave me the discount anyway which was so sweet of her. i am SO jazzed about that. can't wait to wear it.

now onto some shoes. tired of daydreaming about new footwear!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I normally never wear sneakers because they seem too "clunky" to me, but in light of a recent foot injury I'm needing to wear some. I found these at shoebuy.com and they are actually cute and comfortable.

smolder.jpg

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 1:07:54 PM
went to anthropologie last nite and got these cutie jeans...LOVE THEM.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navCount=1&&pushId=APP_DENIM&id=72422

they are trouser wide leg style, with front flat rectangle pockets to slim hips and back slit pockets to frame the bootie. very flattering and $98! they are 32'' so perfect for me with 3'' heels whereas most of my other jeans are 33-34'' so i have to wear my higher heels with them. also got the cutest puff sleeve silk side tie cropped sweater in a dusky rose from anthropologie on sale. here''s the sweater:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navCount=1551&&pushId=APP_SALE_SWEATERS&id=710251

wearing them both today with a slim brown tank underneath and brown rounded toe heels.

and i got the BCBG sweater which is SOOO cute on, i am SO GLAD i went back to get it. and they were having some sort of sweater sale if you spent $200 which my sweater just was shy of, but the nice salesgal gave me the discount anyway which was so sweet of her. i am SO jazzed about that. can''t wait to wear it.

now onto some shoes. tired of daydreaming about new footwear!!
Mara, (Love that name btw!)

Have you tried Anlo jeans? I have a couple pair of the Pascle trouser jeans and I get tons of compliments on them whenever I wear them on. They fit just right in the bum area, and flare out a bit in the leg, but not to ridiculous that people think you are hiding a small child up the leg of your jeans. They are very comfy and look smokin with heels!

BCBG does have some super cute cozy sweaters out!

Oh footwear, where to begin!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great loot Mara! Good for you.

Islanddream: are those Sketchers? I have some in that maryjane style and love them. Oh so comfy.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips sharon on the no car thing etc...we'll stick with taxis hehee.

evelynn, how funny, i have never heard a thing about anlo jeans...read your post here yesterday going hmm anlo eh? and then this morning i was reading my SELF magazine, the one that has sarah michelle gellar on the cover, and the jeans she has on there in the photo are anlo's. and they look super cute. interesting.

seriously though, i need to stop buying jeans. i think i have about 20 pairs now. and then doesn't it seem like you only end up wearing about 3 favorites? hehee. i was surprised at how flattering and cute the BCBG ones were when on, they had gold contrast detail double stitching on the pockets and waist and then the back pockets were this elaborate kind of raised pattern with gold detail. very flattering to the butt as it makes it look basically nonexistent! so maybe next time on those.

on a fun note, one of my coworkers on another team saw my outfit yesterday and said she thought that was the cutest outfit she'd ever seen me in. we always compliment each other's clothes so i was like REALLY...it's that cute? because i was kind of feeling it but not feeling it throughout diff times of the day. i also had my hair pulled back with a brown tortoiseshell thin headband on so she said she thought my hair and the whole outfit worked. i left the wide silk ties on the sweater hanging down (didn't do a big bow) so it almost reached my knee. my boss said i looked like i should be in mexico, which made me laugh.
2.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
There are so many cute items posted on this thread! Me, I''ve been drooling over the following pair of Louboutin short boots. Considering (1) they''re kind of trendy rather than classic, and (2) the eight hundred dollars would probably be better spent either upgrading the honeymoon plans or upping the decoration budget for the new place, I would *LOVE* to find something that looks very similar for significantly less.

Can anybody here recommend something that looks like this?:

Louboutin Black Bootie NM.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fleur, how about the BCBG black quilted "shooties" featured in the latest Nordies catalog? I think they''re super cute and they''re only a $140 as opposed to the $800 CL''s.

bcbgshootie.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or these Jessica Simpson''s for $109? Heck, you could get them both!

jsshootie.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was feeling the fall comfort vibe today and ordered a hoodie and sweatpants from American Eagle in orange (Bears colors are navy and orange so I''ll wear them on Sundays, lol)...I can''t wait to get these puppies, they look soooo comfy!

aehoodie.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the pants:

aepants.jpg

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Super cute Monarch!

Now I have to go check out ae.com and see what other colors they come in!!

Scurring off to check............

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evelynn, the hoodie was in the clearance section, but the pants were still full price, HTH! Have fun shopping!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monnie i love AE''s basics, super cute!! i want to get a few of their AE favorite sweater, just not sure what colors!! i love their stuff for layering with jeans in the winter. yummy.

speaking of jessica simpson shoes, while they are not something i''d really seek out because of the celeb connotation to them, my coworker had some super cute black pumps on the other day and i asked what they were. she said JS and that they are SUPER comfy. she said she can walk all over all day in them and not feel any sort of foot irritation. i love shoes like that so now i totally want to check them out. the toe is really rounded which i love too. so they are on my must-see list when i finally get to nordies, hopefully soon.

i am DYING to wear my new BCBG sweater but it''s been 80 around here the last few days! argh. come on fall! the nights however are chilly now...requiring the heater to come on in the morning. i think that the weather is confused. hehee.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2007 4:48:05 PM
Author: mrssalvo
good to know the frye''s are still popular. it''s easy to get caught up in kiddieland and loose touch with adult fashion
5.gif

oh and ann''s fabulous finds has a balenciaga sapin purse that I am so lusting after too and would fab. for fall...so many wants so little $$
39.gif
HI:

MrsS: I just wanted to say thanks for tip to this website--she has some great thing listed! hmmmmmm

cheers--Sharon

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, you are THE BEST! Thank you!

Mara, I''m with you on the Jessica Simpson hesitation; I tried on the cutest and most comfortable pair of slingbacks, thought I''d get them, then hesitated when I saw her name on it. (Silly, I know.) I opted not to get them at that time, but realized a few days later that I was a fool to let my desire NOT to emulate the "Is chicken of the the sea chicken or tuna?" lady stop me, but by the time I went back, they had sold my size. Sigh...

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 2:16:44 AM
Author: monarch64
Or these Jessica Simpson''s for $109? Heck, you could get them both!
Those are on sale at Macy''s for $79. But don''t y''all buy the blue ones because I want them
2.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 2:57:06 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Monarch, you are THE BEST! Thank you!

Mara, I''m with you on the Jessica Simpson hesitation; I tried on the cutest and most comfortable pair of slingbacks, thought I''d get them, then hesitated when I saw her name on it. (Silly, I know.) I opted not to get them at that time, but realized a few days later that I was a fool to let my desire NOT to emulate the ''Is chicken of the the sea chicken or tuna?'' lady stop me, but by the time I went back, they had sold my size. Sigh...
I have a few pairs of hers. At first I hesitated as well, but out of all the black leather ballets I was looking at, hers seemed the most comfortable and were the cutest of the bunch. Now I am glad I went with her (after having scrunched my nose and thought, "Jessica Simpson?!?!"
40.gif
) They really are SO comfortable and well made... I was impressed.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vicky''s also offers Jessica Simpson shoes...haven''t tried them myself yet but the prices are super reasonable so maybe this season I will. She definitely has super cute styles and they''re so cheap I feel like I''m getting a bargain on certain trends if I buy her lines...

Mara, if you''ve a co-worker who swears they''re comfy I''m going with that and ordering a pair next week, LOL! Seriously, thats what I wait to hear about shoes online, that someone else has had luck with them....I think word of mouth about shoes is about the best, so thanks!

Everyone else, glad I could be of help a bit...I love to shop for others since I don''t quite have the "open-to-buy" I''d like1, hee hee. I''ve always enjoyed shopping for others, it''s so fun and I just love helping others find what they''re after and what makes them happy. So anytime...!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the heads up on the AE sale, Monarch! I found a 20% off coupon online and was able to get 3 pairs of pants (2 pairs of jeans, one pair of wide-leg brown pants), 1 hoodie and 1 really cute sweater for less than $150!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results