shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring sapphire/ruby

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
I would also like to throw out there that I appreciate all the help and support given to me on this topic by everybody!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a nice one (ET's).

S

SparkliesLuver

Since you're on teal, I'd contact Jeff White today and ask if he still has any peacock (sapphire) rough.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I inquired last month and he had this darker blue green one availble, I ended up finding a more green stone i liked, but this may be right up her alley. :) sapphires.jpg
And Jeff's cutting, OHH LA LA

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
Also, have a look at Brume Jeroh's instagrame feed. He's a known seller to me, perhaps others, and his gems are well-described and photos and videos are representative. They are often on his hand, which is quite helpful. Having spent some time in Africa, I will say that you can see the special quality of light that may or may not be the same if you live in a wet, green leafy place.

Just DM him through Instagram for prices. I've never seen him have rubies, but his sapphires are quite lovely and prices are very fair.

https://www.instagram.com/bayoto/?hl=en

Rocky, have you ever purchased from Brume, or has anybody else? He does payment via bank transfer which worries me, and just ships FedEx. His price seems really good, and I like 2 of his stones, but I am very nervous about making a purchase of this size over the internet (especially from Nigeria which, at the risk of sounding ignorant, is almost synonymous with "internet scam")

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not bought from Brume, although a friend of mine purchased a blue sapphire from him about a year ago. I inquired among my friends in the trade before that purchase and he was well respected, although they would have known him for his rough, not cut stones. There is always some risk buying internationally, and you have to make your own decision. Certainly getting refunded can be a PITA and raise all sorts of hackles when close to $10k if not a business account.

You do have lots of choices and montanas happen to be my favorite type of sapphire in blue-green. I really don't mind silk in my sapphires, nor do I mind heat-treatment to lessen it. You'll have to make your own decisions in that regard. For colored stones, I have a lot of forgiveness for flaws as they get you amazing color at an affordable price -- 'perfection' comes at a very steep price in sapphires and many other gemstones.

Here are a few more to consider (although that ET stone posted by @elle_71125 is stunning!). I've bought from Blaze and he's great. I think his larger and super-clean rough from his own mine is generally sold to others for faceting, including some PS vendors mention on this thread, but he still has some nice ones for sale. He'll send you video and more pictures, just email him.

https://blaze-n-gems.myshopify.com/...sscher-cut-sapphire-unheated-montana-sapphire
upload_2017-8-31_19-46-11.png

https://blaze-n-gems.myshopify.com/...s/products/2-02ct-blue-green-montana-sapphire
upload_2017-8-31_19-48-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-31_19-47-30.png
    upload_2017-8-31_19-47-30.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results