http://www.finewatergems.com/store/p19/2.20_ct_Pink_Ceylon_Sapphire.html
(I can't save the pic for some reason) :wall:

$1,595.00
https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-pink-13-433
pink saphhire 7.jpg

$1,395.00
https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-pink-13-515
pink sapphire 8.jpg

Ok, that was a lot! :lol-2: So, am I going in the right direction? Wrong direction?

Holy moly that's a lot to look at! Lol I really appreciate all of the help! I can say though that that is going waaaaaaaaaay too vivid pink in color! She definitely does NOT want that, more of a light pink/peach in color, sort of like a morganite.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, ok. We'll see what we can do. :P2

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
I just found this on the LT. Hopefully, another PSer knows the seller and can verify that GIC is still considered reliable. If you get another PSers to verify, then you'll have to get the RVN number from the seller. Then, go to GIC and verify it. I can't get any version off the cert to work, but maybe I'm typing something wrong.

http://www.gicolombo.com/verify.html

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/unheated-ceylon-ruby-1-dot-82-ct;17067

I'm trying to get the RVN number from the seller, I just am not sure if the GIC is reliable yet.

Anybody have any experience or knowledge regarding the GIC and their certs?

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
I just found this on the LT. Hopefully, another PSer knows the seller and can verify that GIC is still considered reliable. If you get another PSers to verify, then you'll have to get the RVN number from the seller. Then, go to GIC and verify it. I can't get any version off the cert to work, but maybe I'm typing something wrong.

http://www.gicolombo.com/verify.html

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/unheated-ceylon-ruby-1-dot-82-ct;17067

The vendor gave me the RVN, and the cert came up on the site as legit. I'm just concerned about the vendor, because I can't really find anything about them. Is buying off of Loupe Troop safe?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor gave me the RVN, and the cert came up on the site as legit. I'm just concerned about the vendor, because I can't really find anything about them. Is buying off of Loupe Troop safe?
Seller re-posted link: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/unheated-ceylon-ruby-1-dot-82-ct;17292

I have only had good experiences, but you are basically buying from a person and relying on them to 'do the right thing.' So, maybe someone here knows the vendor.

Any PS'ers know AdamantInternational on the LoupeTroop?
@Niel @elle_71125 @chrono

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not heard of that vendor.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without verifying the vendor, I'd be hesitant personally. I'm not sure of the price for the service, but you could use an appraiser as a third-party. The seller sends the stone and paperwork to the appraiser. You send the money to that same appraiser. The appraiser then verifies the stone matches the paperwork, etc. If all is well, the funds and stone are exchanged. If not, everyone gets their items/money back.

@denverappraiser who posts here had done this for diamonds. You might inquire if he does this for colored gemstone and see what the cost might be. If he does not do this for rubies, he might be able to refer you to someone. You then contact the seller and tell them the arrangement and see if they agree.

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
Without verifying the vendor, I'd be hesitant personally. I'm not sure of the price for the service, but you could use an appraiser as a third-party. The seller sends the stone and paperwork to the appraiser. You send the money to that same appraiser. The appraiser then verifies the stone matches the paperwork, etc. If all is well, the funds and stone are exchanged. If not, everyone gets their items/money back.

@denverappraiser who posts here had done this for diamonds. You might inquire if he does this for colored gemstone and see what the cost might be. If he does not do this for rubies, he might be able to refer you to someone. You then contact the seller and tell them the arrangement and see if they agree.

I have been emailing the vendor back and forth, and he is giving me what seems to me to be a reputable description of his business. He says he is on "polygon.net" which I guess is a large b2b gem site, but I have never heard of it and am not a jeweler/gem dealer so I don't have access to it. he gave me his website which he says is more of just a business card more than anything, adamantgems.com

He is very knowledgable, and is really going out of his way to take and send me videos/pictures of the gem. I am just pretty wary still. It is a lot of money and I don't want to end up scammed or something. He says he accepts paypal, and will take a return for a full refund, though.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Well I liked the video of that oval
I liked the video also. It sounds like the lady has a preference for the light/peach pink based on her excitement over the video. Did anyone else see it?

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
I liked the video also. It sounds like the lady has a preference for the light/peach pink based on her excitement over the video. Did anyone else see it?

She did love it when I showed her, but now she is thinking about rubies and how she loves them (lol she keeps going back and forth between the two!) - I think I'm just going to keep an eye out for both and if I happen to find one that fits in my budget that really speaks to me, whether it's ruby or peach sapphire, I'll pull the trigger. Right now I'm thinking that one and this one that I saw:

https://shop.pristinegemstonejewelr...y-ring-july-birthstone-faceted-loose-gemstone

I'm just waiting for the vendor to get back to me with some questions I had about it!

Lol I just saw that one earlier today too! It's a tad expensive for me now, though, unfortunately. I took the info I had about the other loupe troop gem to my local jeweler and he said it would be a risk buying it from that unknown vendor, so I decided not to take that risk. I just couldn't find any info.

Aww man that's such a good deal! She really does want one of the "brand name" stones, though unfortunately.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will find what you are looking for. It just takes longer for gemstones. It is good that she doesn't mind ovals, because there are many beautiful sapphires and rubies in that shape.

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
You will find what you are looking for. It just takes longer for gemstones. It is good that she doesn't mind ovals, because there are many beautiful sapphires and rubies in that shape.

Lucky me she not only doesn't mind them she specifically wants an oval! Lol

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
Fun new update everybody! She was looking through Pinterest I guess and discovered "peacock" blue green sapphires. Now she has decided that is 100% what she wants lol. All this searching for peach and ruby and here we are back at square 1! :roll2:

Thats the way the cookie crumbles

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fun new update everybody! She was looking through Pinterest I guess and discovered "peacock" blue green sapphires. Now she has decided that is 100% what she wants lol. All this searching for peach and ruby and here we are back at square 1! :roll2:

Thats the way the cookie crumbles

I laughed, that's really funny. She is jumping all over the board. So, do you have an example of a "peacock blue green" sapphire? Sounds like a Montana sapphire to me...

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If that's the case, I'd suggest earths treasury, Jeff is super helpful, and has a great assortment of Montana sapphires in that color range. Here are a couple i liked, but havent looked to closely at, i was going for more of a green than blue. :)
http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/1-30-carat-deep-blue-green-montana-sapphire-heated/ Right on max budget, but i love the color play in it. Personal, newbie opinion though so take if for what its worth :)

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock

That first one is close, and I was actually looking at his stuff yesterday. I was showing her last night and she loved this one:
blue green.JPG
upload_2017-8-31_8-40-32.png

My only question is whether or not it's going to get too dark in the ring setting. I don't want it to look black!

I laughed, that's really funny. She is jumping all over the board. So, do you have an example of a "peacock blue green" sapphire? Sounds like a Montana sapphire to me...

My example is above. She loves those nigerian blue-greens, and some of the Montanas. I'm just worried if setting them is going to make them too dark...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, she's changing her mind so quickly that I'm a little concerned. I think it's time for her to try to see some CS in person or at least hand shots in both flattering and unflattering conditions. There are colours that I love in pictures but they die on my hand. These are peachy, pale and orange coloured stones.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That first one is close, and I was actually looking at his stuff yesterday. I was showing her last night and she loved this one:
blue green.JPG
upload_2017-8-31_8-40-32.png

My only question is whether or not it's going to get too dark in the ring setting. I don't want it to look black!

My example is above. She loves those nigerian blue-greens, and some of the Montanas. I'm just worried if setting them is going to make them too dark...
I'd ask Brume. He knows his gems.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thats really good advice, i look awful in pink stones and rose gold. she should try some different color combos on and different shaped stones, my fingers look fatter with round stones, but squares, rectangles and cushions look really nice.

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
OK, she's changing her mind so quickly that I'm a little concerned. I think it's time for her to try to see some CS in person or at least hand shots in both flattering and unflattering conditions. There are colours that I love in pictures but they die on my hand. These are peachy, pale and orange coloured stones.

Lol well I can understand that. When we first started seriously talking about it, she told me she didn't really care, always assumed she would get a diamond but "really likes these peach sapphires" that she saw. So I started showing her other basic stones and she decided she wanted a peach. She told me then she really loved rubies, too, but thought it would be "weird" to have her engagement ring be her birthstone. But I said she should get what she likes and told her that traditionally, before the diamond rush (from my understanding) it WAS the birthstone that would be given for an engagement. She liked that idea. She also said she liked blue sapphires but not as much as the other two.

So I have been searching for those two for months now as my main focus. It was only last night that she saw the blue-green sapphires, and honestly she got way more excited about them than she ever was with a ruby or a sapphire, and definitively told me "I like the others but that is what I want." She then spent hours looking up rings with them and having me show her stones I saw lol. That's BASICALLY what I did all last night. She is set on this color like I haven't seen her before, which is actually really a relief for me! Now I know!

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's barely any green in the one you posted above (between the fingers).

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
There's barely any green in the one you posted above (between the fingers).

Yeah I think I snapped the shot at a poor angle. But she liked the cut of that one a lot.

She also said she liked this one by Jeff:

http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/1-76-carat-peacock-blue-montana-sapphire/

(I apologize if some of my responses are confusing/contradictory. I'm trying to do all this at work while I have an actual computer to reply with, and some of my responses are a little rushed lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results