shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA!!! Jimmie if I haven't told you lately I love you, I do.. you are a superb person.. your bling is unique and fantastic.. and you are a very fine woman. !!!

Haha yes I am! Lol you as well, KtG! XX

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread, it's sentimental, funny, beautiful, lovely etc! the stories are romantic, interesting, heartwarming, heart wrenching.. I have a garnet ring but all my jewelry is in my box at the bank, it was my sister's ring, she wore that ring for 55 years mostly on, she also had a jade engagement ring my niece has.

My grandmother gave me a turquoise ring and my sister a red garnet ring, I loved my turquoise but lost it eons ago, but not my sister she kept hers for her whole life, so when she died I asked my niece if I could have it, and she was joyful to give it to me as it wasn't her type of jewelry style, it's a mite small for me, but as soon as I put it on, I knew, this was MY sister's ring, I had lost my ring decades earlier I thought my sister would be mad and she wanted her daughter to have it.. so I try to convince my niece to take it back, I gave my niece her great grandmother's engagement ring, I thought my grandmother would have been happy had she ever met her great granddaughter and my grandmother would be very proud of me.. I think this and I believe it is true. Here's my grandmother's ring, typical Art Deco, 1 small transitional cut diamond and two synthetic blue sapphires in 18K white gold.. My grandmother loved this ring with her whole being, this I do remember. :) she died when I was 13.

20766766_483119702040607_3477023248724525056_n.jpg

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread, it's sentimental, funny, beautiful, lovely etc! the stories are romantic, interesting, heartwarming, heart wrenching.. I have a garnet ring but all my jewelry is in my box at the bank, it was my sister's ring, she wore that ring for 55 years mostly on, she also had a jade engagement ring my niece has.

My grandmother gave me a turquoise ring and my sister a red garnet ring, I loved my turquoise but lost it eons ago, but not my sister she kept hers for her whole life, so when she died I asked my niece if I could have it, and she was joyful to give it to me as it wasn't her type of jewelry style, it's a mite small for me, but as soon as I put it on, I knew, this was MY sister's ring, I had lost my ring decades earlier I thought my sister would be mad and she wanted her daughter to have it.. so I try to convince my niece to take it back, I gave my niece her great grandmother's engagement ring, I thought my grandmother would have been happy had she ever met her great granddaughter and my grandmother would be very proud of me.. I think this and I believe it is true. Here's my grandmother's ring, typical Art Deco, 1 small transitional cut diamond and two synthetic blue sapphires in 18K white gold.. My grandmother loved this ring with her whole being, this I do remember. :) she died when I was 13.

Very pretty! It's so special to share family pieces.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here's two of mine. Folks who frequent the CS forums are probably tired of seeing this a million times. The ruby halo ring is romantic because it's my engagement ring and very apropos to VD colors.

The blue sapphire ring is more subtle. It's a custom design by me. The kite diamonds represent DF giving me wings to fly, and in the gallery of this ring are cat ears under the sapphire halo and fish under the kite diamonds. The cat ears symbolize me, a Leo, and the fish symbolize DF, a Pisces. There's a surprise diamond between the cat ears to symbolize that I'm a princess cat (to him). These are all nicknames we have for each other.

IMG_20200205_134622.jpg IMG_20200205_134611.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, what a wonderful accidental purchase! Sometime those "on accident" purchases are the best ones.

@Bluegemz, a wonderful surprise from your husband, he obviously loves you very much that piece is art, I also really like that amethyst necklace!

@Catmom, swoon! Love that pink sapphire necklace, that pink really pops!

@Diamond Girl 21, thank goodness for husbands who spoil us! That is a beautiful diamond necklace, a great statement piece.

@Tekate, thank you so much for sharing your stories and also for sharing that beautiful diamond and sapphire ring, it is gorgeous!

@voce, I love the sentimentality behind your two rings especially all the symbolism in the sapphire ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 5, today I share this gold necklace and bracelet set. The story behind this set is DH gave me these our first Christmas then he convinced me to go upstairs and as I was making my way up I see rose petals and immediately thought that he had gotten me flowers and the cats ripped them apart!

I was wrong! As I followed the petals and made my way into our room there was a heart of rose petals with a ring box in the middle! Yup he proposed on Christmas Eve and the necklace and bracelet were just to throw me off so I would think that was my gift. Of course I was thrilled with all of it!

IMG_7436.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are doing your husband proud with these pictures @stracci2000 and he has some great taste!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are doing your husband proud with these pictures @stracci2000 and he has some great taste!

Heck, this one's out of focus.....shhhh! Don't tell him!
The problem is that I am taking them in the evening, in the kitchen. So no natural light, which is the best.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck, this one's out of focus.....shhhh! Don't tell him!
The problem is that I am taking them in the evening, in the kitchen. So no natural light, which is the best.

I hear ya, the lighting in my house is terrible I have to hold my hand up to the ceiling in the dining room to get anything decent!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Day 5....this golden flower pin/pendant. I fell in love with it’s delicacy but it sold. My husband , who also fell in love with it, had been keeping up with the seller and when the sale fell through, he bought it! I guess it was meant to be. It is my favorite brooch and feels very romantic to me.
It’s a very happy piece for me, as it reminds me of super fine, golden grass and blue skies, and the breeze of the Pacific Ocean. I love mixing it with various gem bead nevklaces, layering, etc. E336AD78-6A11-4946-8139-62C545543486.png C7827525-C14C-4CDE-AD65-FB6860CDFE92.jpeg 023BEC8B-521B-4041-BDA7-2A39AF94E8D1.jpeg

Gorgeous, and such a romantic story!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my antique sapphire diamond earrings today.
These are one of my favorite pairs of earrings and very romantic.

It was another impulse purchase. We went to Lambertville to spend the day where my favorite antique estate dealer is located and when we walked in to their shoppe these earrings called to me.
I said no I can't because they were not even near any gift giving occasion and I think I had just gotten earrings a short while before and they were definitely not within any budget I would have given myself. So after drooling over them and chatting with the lovely ladies there (who as always offered to hold them while I thought about them) we walked around the town and I couldn't stop thinking about them and my dh kept saying I should get them.

So we went back and I did. And it was one of the best earring purchases because I wear them often. I love blue and my wardrobe is made up of lots of blue (and black) so these are very versatile earrings indeed.

diamondsapphireearringsonmyears.png

Closeup

sapphirediamondantiqueearrings.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's two of mine. Folks who frequent the CS forums are probably tired of seeing this a million times. The ruby halo ring is romantic because it's my engagement ring and very apropos to VD colors.

The blue sapphire ring is more subtle. It's a custom design by me. The kite diamonds represent DF giving me wings to fly, and in the gallery of this ring are cat ears under the sapphire halo and fish under the kite diamonds. The cat ears symbolize me, a Leo, and the fish symbolize DF, a Pisces. There's a surprise diamond between the cat ears to symbolize that I'm a princess cat (to him). These are all nicknames we have for each other.

IMG_20200205_134622.jpg IMG_20200205_134611.jpg

Gorgeous rings all of them. Your taste is exquisite.❤
And wow you are so talented too. I love your custom design. It's amazing. From one fellow Leo to another that is stunning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this ring @Tekate and your post made me tear up. So poignant a ring and what wonderful memories. Gorgeous art deco ring. ((Hugs))).

voce

Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn what a fun thread! I enjoy hearing the stories behind all these fabulous pieces you have @StephanieLynn @missy @Bluegemz @stracci2000 and anyone else I missed.

I will be designing a new ring with Mandarin duck as my inspiration. I've had the idea since acquiring an emerald cut spess garnet last year; Inken from Enhoerning was able to source me duck neck emeralds to go with my mandarin garnet, so mandarin garnet + duck neck emeralds = Mandarin duck = lifelong love between me and DF.

Screenshot_20200205-201406.png
As such, I'm not going to buy the red gem to make the pendant that I posted earlier. I hope I'm not breaking the rules too badly by sharing my loose gems I have yet to set into bling.

IMG-20200205-WA0001.jpg
Different colors, but still very much in the theme of love, at least to me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn what a fun thread! I enjoy hearing the stories behind all these fabulous pieces you have @StephanieLynn @missy @Bluegemz @stracci2000 and anyone else I missed.

I will be designing a new ring with Mandarin duck as my inspiration. I've had the idea since acquiring an emerald cut spess garnet last year; Inken from Enhoerning was able to source me duck neck emeralds to go with my mandarin garnet, so mandarin garnet + duck neck emeralds = Mandarin duck = lifelong love between me and DF.

Screenshot_20200205-201406.png
As such, I'm not going to buy the red gem to make the pendant that I posted earlier. I hope I'm not breaking the rules too badly by sharing my loose gems I have yet to set into bling.

IMG-20200205-WA0001.jpg
Different colors, but still very much in the theme of love, at least to me.

Wow, love this color combo @voce !!! :kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 6....,these Tahitian pearls! I was over the moon happy about these when my husband and mother bought them together for me. We were at a family vacation in Kauai with my brother, his family and my parents. I became super enamored with the treasures of the ocean including pearls and shells. I loved this strand because of its lavender overtones. ( not pictured well here) Anyway, it was somewhat of a surprise. I will always remember that feeling of having been there and the spirit in which they came to me.
0F832ACA-C477-400A-9065-1F442C2C4D2A.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 6....,these Tahitian pearls! I was over the moon happy about these when my husband and mother bought them together for me. We were at a family vacation in Kauai with my brother, his family and my parents. I became super enamored with the treasures of the ocean including pearls and shells. I loved this strand because of its lavender overtones. ( not pictured well here) Anyway, it was somewhat of a surprise. I will always remember that feeling of having been there and the spirit in which they came to me.

Another beautiful piece and I love the memories it evokes. Special place, special people, special time in your lives.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! And Kauai is so laid back and beautiful!
There used to be a shop called Savage Pearls in Hanalei with the most breathtaking strands. My drool may still be on the case there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to know more about your gorgeous heart halo!

65363C4C-D7F3-46DF-88EE-99394371F834.jpeg
Today I’m wearing this rose gold heart band (birthday gift) and 2.5mm woven shared prong for the birth of my son ❤ Lots of love between these two simple bands

These bands are gorgeous. ❤ I love them together too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20200204-195444_Messages.jpg
Sorry if this isn't a good pic. I can't tell because I just got back from the eye doctor. :lol: I saw this diamond necklace and fell in love, but I just didn't feel comfortable spending the money for it at that time. Luckily for me, my hubby didn't agree, and bought it for our anniversary.

Love this necklace on you. What a great DH. He is a keeper!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 5....this golden flower pin/pendant. I fell in love with it’s delicacy but it sold. My husband , who also fell in love with it, had been keeping up with the seller and when the sale fell through, he bought it! I guess it was meant to be. It is my favorite brooch and feels very romantic to me.
It’s a very happy piece for me, as it reminds me of super fine, golden grass and blue skies, and the breeze of the Pacific Ocean. I love mixing it with various gem bead nevklaces, layering, etc. E336AD78-6A11-4946-8139-62C545543486.png C7827525-C14C-4CDE-AD65-FB6860CDFE92.jpeg 023BEC8B-521B-4041-BDA7-2A39AF94E8D1.jpeg

The color on those ammys is stunning! Love the briolette cuts too. So cool how you change up the necklaces for that beautiful pendant. I also love those earrings. I saw a pair in silver in Russia a while back that had the same theme but were bigger and out of my budget. I still think about those earrings!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color on those ammys is stunning! Love the briolette cuts too. So cool how you change up the necklaces for that beautiful pendant. I also love those earrings. I saw a pair in silver in Russia a while back that had the same theme but were bigger and out of my budget. I still think about those earrings!

Thank you, @missy and @stracci2000 ! You are right, Kauai is so peaceful. I wish I could remember the name of the store...maybe it was even the same. It was well known for its coral and pearls! I wanted to visit ever single day lol!
thank you, @lambskin! The earrings were the best match that I could find to go. They really are fun. I’m with you, filigree is amazing both in gold and in silver and is light but Columbus enough to really mix with other elements. Thankfully, they are around, but are becoming more of a dying jewelry art . You never know, someday you might find another pair which you love even more!

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 5, today I share this gold necklace and bracelet set. The story behind this set is DH gave me these our first Christmas then he convinced me to go upstairs and as I was making my way up I see rose petals and immediately thought that he had gotten me flowers and the cats ripped them apart!

I was wrong! As I followed the petals and made my way into our room there was a heart of rose petals with a ring box in the middle! Yup he proposed on Christmas Eve and the necklace and bracelet were just to throw me off so I would think that was my gift. Of course I was thrilled with all of it!

IMG_7436.JPG

What a beautifully romantic engagement story.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my antique sapphire diamond earrings today.
These are one of my favorite pairs of earrings and very romantic.

It was another impulse purchase. We went to Lambertville to spend the day where my favorite antique estate dealer is located and when we walked in to their shoppe these earrings called to me.
I said no I can't because they were not even near any gift giving occasion and I think I had just gotten earrings a short while before and they were definitely not within any budget I would have given myself. So after drooling over them and chatting with the lovely ladies there (who as always offered to hold them while I thought about them) we walked around the town and I couldn't stop thinking about them and my dh kept saying I should get them.

So we went back and I did. And it was one of the best earring purchases because I wear them often. I love blue and my wardrobe is made up of lots of blue (and black) so these are very versatile earrings indeed.

diamondsapphireearringsonmyears.png

Closeup

sapphirediamondantiqueearrings.png

These are absolutely stunning! I have a favorite shop in Lambertville too. Going there always gets in me trouble.;)2

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200205_223545.jpg

This was another anniversary gift. My husband bought me the necklace and earrings, and my mom and dad got me the ring. The 7 drops represent the day of our wedding, and my husband and daughter's birth month. I always envisioned giving this to my daughter as her "something blue" on her wedding day.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results