shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be...the big place right on the corner before the bridge?

Yassssss. Love the ladies there. ❤

Many of my earrings are from them. Not to mention other pieces.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yassssss. Love the ladies there. ❤

Many of my earrings are from them. Not to mention other pieces.

Yes, they are super friendly and knowledgeable. Maybe we'll run into each other someday.=)2

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread, it's sentimental, funny, beautiful, lovely etc! the stories are romantic, interesting, heartwarming, heart wrenching.. I have a garnet ring but all my jewelry is in my box at the bank, it was my sister's ring, she wore that ring for 55 years mostly on, she also had a jade engagement ring my niece has.

My grandmother gave me a turquoise ring and my sister a red garnet ring, I loved my turquoise but lost it eons ago, but not my sister she kept hers for her whole life, so when she died I asked my niece if I could have it, and she was joyful to give it to me as it wasn't her type of jewelry style, it's a mite small for me, but as soon as I put it on, I knew, this was MY sister's ring, I had lost my ring decades earlier I thought my sister would be mad and she wanted her daughter to have it.. so I try to convince my niece to take it back, I gave my niece her great grandmother's engagement ring, I thought my grandmother would have been happy had she ever met her great granddaughter and my grandmother would be very proud of me.. I think this and I believe it is true. Here's my grandmother's ring, typical Art Deco, 1 small transitional cut diamond and two synthetic blue sapphires in 18K white gold.. My grandmother loved this ring with her whole being, this I do remember. :) she died when I was 13.

20766766_483119702040607_3477023248724525056_n.jpg

I love this ring and your story @relate what a special ring.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wearing my antique sapphire diamond earrings today.
These are one of my favorite pairs of earrings and very romantic.

It was another impulse purchase. We went to Lambertville to spend the day where my favorite antique estate dealer is located and when we walked in to their shoppe these earrings called to me.
I said no I can't because they were not even near any gift giving occasion and I think I had just gotten earrings a short while before and they were definitely not within any budget I would have given myself. So after drooling over them and chatting with the lovely ladies there (who as always offered to hold them while I thought about them) we walked around the town and I couldn't stop thinking about them and my dh kept saying I should get them.

So we went back and I did. And it was one of the best earring purchases because I wear them often. I love blue and my wardrobe is made up of lots of blue (and black) so these are very versatile earrings indeed.

diamondsapphireearringsonmyears.png

Closeup

sapphirediamondantiqueearrings.png

Those earrings are stunners! Your husband knew you really loved them and he wanted you to be happy. Very romantic story!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
20200205_223545.jpg

This was another anniversary gift. My husband bought me the necklace and earrings, and my mom and dad got me the ring. The 7 drops represent the day of our wedding, and my husband and daughter's birth month. I always envisioned giving this to my daughter as her "something blue" on her wedding day.

Stunning!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok folks I'm behind...here is Day 5. This was the first really meaningful piece of jewelry by boyfriend, now husband gave me. The diamond is super super small but sparkly and I just love the hearts. I've had it sized to my pinky and it's the one pinky ring I can wear comfortably. 20200206_173741.jpg 20200206_173813.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, beautiful blue sapphires in those earrings of yours. I don't even have pierced ears but I am envious of your earring collection! Also I'm not sure how I missed your aquamarine necklace and bands but all of it is stunning, love that soft blue color of the aquas and I'm a ring girl so always swoon over bands like yours.

@voce, what a cool project, can't wait to see the mandarin duck in its completed form!

@Bluegemz, beautiful Tahitian pearls, how wonderful that you can wear them and always remember that vacation. Love pieces that bring back such happy memories.

@Diamond Girl 21, gorgeous set, almost reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts opens the gorgeous presentation box to reveal that amazing ruby necklace. This just reminds me of glamour and those occasions to get dressed to the nines!

@bling_dream19, adore your hearts, what a sweet ring and I bet it makes a perfect pinky ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was the funeral for Grandma, although she wasn't my grandmother by blood she meant so much to me.

Her favorite color was purple so I'm sharing this gold and amethyst bracelet that was a gift from DH way back when. I'll be honest, it probably needs a good cleaning but I'm tired so this is all I got.

IMG_7446.JPG IMG_7447.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was the funeral for Grandma, although she wasn't my grandmother by blood she meant so much to me.

Her favorite color was purple so I'm sharing this gold and amethyst bracelet that was a gift from DH way back when. I'll be honest, it probably needs a good cleaning but I'm tired so this is all I got.

Stephanie, I am so sorry for your and your family's loss.

Lovely bracelet. Purple is the color of royals.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks, everyone:D

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok folks I'm behind...here is Day 5. This was the first really meaningful piece of jewelry by boyfriend, now husband gave me. The diamond is super super small but sparkly and I just love the hearts. I've had it sized to my pinky and it's the one pinky ring I can wear comfortably. 20200206_173741.jpg 20200206_173813.jpg

Very pretty!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, beautiful blue sapphires in those earrings of yours. I don't even have pierced ears but I am envious of your earring collection! Also I'm not sure how I missed your aquamarine necklace and bands but all of it is stunning, love that soft blue color of the aquas and I'm a ring girl so always swoon over bands like yours.

@voce, what a cool project, can't wait to see the mandarin duck in its completed form!

@Bluegemz, beautiful Tahitian pearls, how wonderful that you can wear them and always remember that vacation. Love pieces that bring back such happy memories.

@Diamond Girl 21, gorgeous set, almost reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts opens the gorgeous presentation box to reveal that amazing ruby necklace. This just reminds me of glamour and those occasions to get dressed to the nines!

@bling_dream19, adore your hearts, what a sweet ring and I bet it makes a perfect pinky ring.

Thank you! I do love this set, but I don't wear the necklace very often. I get excited when I have a reason to wear it.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry for your loss. The memorial you set up with her picture and your bracelet is lovely.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, so sorry about Grandma! She was a beautiful lady.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 What a beautiful and unique piece! I love the seed pearls against that gorgeous blue....really lovely.

Thanks! I really enjoy wearing it.
The pearls give it an amazing bumpy texture that is so interesting when you hold it in your hand.
I often wonder about the original owner........
IMG_20200206_215249.jpg IMG_20200206_215301.jpg

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I really enjoy wearing it.
The pearls give it an amazing bumpy texture that is so interesting when you hold it in your hand.
I often wonder about the original owner........
IMG_20200206_215249.jpg IMG_20200206_215301.jpg

The original owner would be happy you that you love and enjoy it. It's lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200204_142646.jpg

My husband bought this for me on our honeymoon. To be honest, the diamonds are not the greatest, but I love the amethyst. It produces really pretty blue, red and pink flashes that my other amethysts lack.

That is a rich beautiful color. Love the ring on you. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, lovely wonderful pieces and stories! Ok, day 7....this red spinel ring which my husband and adult son spontaneously bought for me last summer. Really special to me because of that.
A4C8854A-DC6C-4AB0-AE0B-E96685554EFD.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother was beautiful!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, lovely wonderful pieces and stories! Ok, day 7....this red spinel ring which my husband and adult son spontaneously bought for me last summer. Really special to me because of that.
A4C8854A-DC6C-4AB0-AE0B-E96685554EFD.jpeg

Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results