shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engaged! Pics of TWO engagement rings!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, two beautiful rings. :love:
Congratulations.
May you two have many happy years together.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaaaaw, what a lovely proposal story! And the rings? *swoon* Congratulations you two!

emiliamartini

Rough_Rock
@happynewlife thanks to your e-ring posts I am looking at getting the same setting from yoni! I've been searching six-prong solitaires for days and I think I love yours the most! Wondering if you went with the ring as-is that's listed on his website? Or if not can you share the specs you requested - width/height in mm. I'm mostly concerned about wedding band height covering too much of the e-ring profile, I want to keep the stone as low as possible while still being able to see some of the prongs with a wedding band on - I think your w band is higher than mine so should be good - and I might want to go a smidge thinner on the band width... and also if there's any chance you could post a few more pics of the ring showing side views and profile, I would be so appreciative!! And any tips or thoughts after owning/wearing the ring for a while. Hope you see this and don't mind answering after so long! Thanks so much :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Wow, I clicked on this post thinking it was another same-sex couple, then realized it was my own post, haha!

We didn't modify Yoni's setting, so I don't have specs. He should be able to answer those Qs for you. The diamonds are set at what I would call medium height. Not too low, but certainly not high. I'd almost want it a smidge higher so that from the top-view the diamonds look bigger, haha. Let me bust out all the photos I have on PS-- let me know if you want anything specific and I'll take some new ones.

sidebyside_0.jpg
profile_5.jpg
side_profile_1.jpg
profile2_1.jpg
top_down.jpg
profile_4.jpg
close.jpg
shady2.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
also, I still love the ring after wearing it for 2 years! The only thing that's been slightly annoying is that on 3 occasions we have had to get prongs tightened because we started to get a rattle from a loose diamond. HOWEVER, that could be from using the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, which we don't use anymore (and it hasn't happened since).

we went to Tiffany & Co to look for wedding bands and the salesperson was FLOORED that our rings weren't T&C. They are very close, but IMO actually kind of prettier. T&C's setting is a bit less dainty (thicker band).

We have them in platinum, so they're sturdy.

HTH!

emiliamartini

Rough_Rock
Eeee! Thank you so much!! Very helpful. I def agree yours seems even prettier than the T&Co! I usually prefer very delicate looking thin rings but I want something a little more substantial now, but not too chunky or wide. If it's not too much trouble - I'd love to see the same side and profile views you have in the first two pics against the red background but without your wedding band?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and the rings look lovely on each of you! Congrats!!!! :appl:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hope some of these help. If not, let me know!

img_0953.jpg
img_0952_2.jpg
img_0951_0.jpg
img_0950_1.jpg
img_0949.jpg
img_0948.jpg
img_0946_0.jpg
img_0945_0.jpg
img_0944_1.jpg

emiliamartini

Rough_Rock
Ahh I can't thank you enough! Huge help! And congrats two+ years later - best to you both!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just seen this thread for the first time - a lovely story, and how awesome is it to be able to have matching rings! :sun:

I hope you both have many more happy years together to enjoy your sparklies :))

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
Love how simple, elegant, and classy it is!!! It's beautiful (but I'm biased..haha) The diamond looks great with the thinness of the shank. Oh, and congrats to the both of you!

I'm waiting for my 1.7 carat to be set and have a similiar setting (vatche u113) with a finger size 5. This gives me a lot of perspective. The wait is killing me however. ;( ;(

My question is what is the total carat weight of your wedding band and where did you get it from? My ering hasn't even gotten here yet, and I'm already scouting out wedding bands..haha

Thank you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings. Congratulations.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your matching rings!!!! Congrats!!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to both of you. Your rings are so classic and elegant :love: Wishing you many happy years together!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!! Thanks for sharing your story. Your rings are so beautiful and classic. I like!!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawberry129|1478270485|4093644 said:
Love how simple, elegant, and classy it is!!! It's beautiful (but I'm biased..haha) The diamond looks great with the thinness of the shank. Oh, and congrats to the both of you!

I'm waiting for my 1.7 carat to be set and have a similiar setting (vatche u113) with a finger size 5. This gives me a lot of perspective. The wait is killing me however. ;( ;(

My question is what is the total carat weight of your wedding band and where did you get it from? My ering hasn't even gotten here yet, and I'm already scouting out wedding bands..haha

Thank you.

sorry, just seeing this now. We copied the T&C .27tcw 9-stone bands with a local jeweler. We paid $900 (platinum, good quality diamonds) for each ring, while T&C was $3900 each! (http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/shared-setting-band-ring-grp00005)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together, wearing your beautiful rings :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results