shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged in Paris!!! The long Story and Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

halolover

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:37:46 PM
Author: March-8-2008
Congratulations! What a lovely story, and I know you will treasure every memory of Paris each time you gaze at your ring.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Who was the local jeweler? I am in Dallas!

(I have my ring, but would love to have a lead on a good and locally-based jeweler.)

Hi March-8-2008/Anne

The jeweler''s name is Eric Olschwanger and here is his website. www.olschwangerdesigns.com
FI really loved working with him so he highly recommends him. Good luck!!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 8:28:41 AM
Author: chickpea
so pretty!
18.gif

i''d love to see a closeup shot of the profile...

Here is a profile shot where you can see his initial - D .. The other side has mine but i can''t find a good picture of that side.

IMG_0756 (Medium).jpg

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring and proposal story!
30.gif
Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
what an amazing story - I so love Paris. Your ring is magnificent. you must be so thrilled. congrats!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments!!! After reading the wonderful comments on here FI thinks he is getting 2 years worth of "get out of the dog-house cards".. hhehe :)

I had to part with my ring yesterday so that they could re-size it, and I miss it already
8.gif

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
how sweet that your ring is customized with both your initials!

congratualtions
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
How romantic is your fiance!!! Congrats!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
*Swoon*
love1.gif

What a fantastic story... a proposal in Paris!!! *Swoon*
love1.gif

Your ring is gorgeous, as are your hands, just stunning!!!
I noticed a certain diamond band in a couple of the pictures too, forgive me if you''ve commented on it already, but does it go with your ering?? Do tell!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Here is a CAD image of the Om symbol I was talking about earlier....

"It also has an Om symbol -- ૐ on the bottom of the gallery that i can only see when I take off the ring and flip it. The meaning of the symbol in Hinduism is -- the union of mind body and soul."

We couldnt get any good pictures of the ring itself so attaching a CAD..

Thanks for letting me share =)

CAD(Medium).JPG

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is spectacular and looks beautiful on you!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
I just read your post and everyones reply. What a wonderful romantic story. U can retell it to your children and grandchildren. The ring is beautiful and so much thought and love went into designing it. It looks perfect on your hand! Congratulations to both of u.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!! (and looks great on your hand) - congratulations on your engagement and much happiness to you and your FH.
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just wow! Your story and your ring are both wonderful! I love that you incorporated so much personal meaning into the ring (besides the fact that it is an engagement ring of course!).
Congratulations on your engagement!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous ring and such a beautiful proposal story to match!! Congrats!!

(P.S. your RHR goes perfectly with your e-ring, too - love your style :)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! your ring is fabulous!
36.gif
that halo makes it look huge!

i love how you incorporated your initials and the symbol. it''s so meaningful.

RadiantMe

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to tell you that you''re proposal was very sweet. I''m sure you will cherich your engagement ring forever. The detail is amazing. Congratulations to you and your FH.
37.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats and beautiful ring! I was just in Paris and walked by your hotel, it looked lovely! What a lovely proposal!

happyboo

Rough_Rock
Halolover,

Congratz to your engagement and your stunning beautiful ring.

Your ring is so perfect! May I know what is the size of your halo? It''s so proportional and I would like to use it as a guideline. Btw what is the size of your finger?

Congratz once again!! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Your ring is stunning! Congrats on your engagement!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 4:02:31 PM
Author: happyboo
Halolover,

Congratz to your engagement and your stunning beautiful ring.

Your ring is so perfect! May I know what is the size of your halo? It''s so proportional and I would like to use it as a guideline. Btw what is the size of your finger?

Congratz once again!! :)

Thanks Happyboo! I found out more info about the ring specs and I actually saw the GIA cert.. its a 1.69 center and FI did somethign cool with the halo. He used a smaller melee stones on the halo than the band so that the center remains THE focus of the ring. I thought it looks perfect. I think if the halo melee is too big then it takes away some of the attention from the center. I think he used 3 pointers for the band so I am guessing he used either a 2 or 1 pointers for the halo. My current ring size is 5 (we had to get it resized from a 5.5) but i think its still a lil loose. Hope this helps!!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 9:27:34 AM
Author: 777_LDY
*Swoon*
love1.gif

What a fantastic story... a proposal in Paris!!! *Swoon*
love1.gif

Your ring is gorgeous, as are your hands, just stunning!!!

I noticed a certain diamond band in a couple of the pictures too, forgive me if you''ve commented on it already, but does it go with your ering?? Do tell!

Thanks 777lady! The RHR was actually part of the college graduation gift from my parents
19.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! What a nice story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results