shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged in Paris!!! The long Story and Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

halolover

Rough_Rock
I am Engaged to the most wonderful man!!! Thanks to all of you for helping us immensely in finding the perfect diamond and designing the perfect ring for us!

THE PROPOSAL -- long story

Since I go to grad school in a different city than FH, I had plans to go visit him for my entire spring break. He had been telling me that he was really busy at work so we were going to try to perhaps take a last minute trip to Mexico or something if his project permitted. FH lives in Dallas so I was just happy to be going there because it is a lot warmer than where I live. He “booked my ticket” using his miles so according to the itinerary he forwarded to me “from the airline”, I was supposed to leave for Dallas on Thurs 2/21.

Little did I know that FH had made a fake ticket to throw me off and he surprised me by showing up at my door on Weds night and telling me that we were leaving for Paris the next day. He kept insisting that it was a Valentines day present because he wanted to get me away from everything since I had a rough month with school and everything else. He also vehemently insisted that this was not going to be a proposal trip and that we will go somewhere else in May after my semester ends. To add to his story, he also kept telling me that he has been working on the ring and that it will not be ready until late April or May because he was customizing it. Of course he had been lying and he had plans to propose in Paris. Both of our parents were in on it and I did not find all this out until 3 days later.

So we land at the airport and the worst thing that can happen to a girl on a trip to Paris happens. Yes, the airline lost my bags. His arrived. Mine didn’t. I had everything in that bag so I was very upset and needless to say drama ensued. We were supposed to be in Paris for 5 days and then go to Dallas for the remainder of my spring break. The weather in New York (where my bag was incompetently handled) was bad so the airline had no idea when I would be getting my bags. I was sooo angry and frustrated but I kept reminding myself that I was in one of my favorite cities in the world with the man I love. However, the thought of being in Paris for 3 days in jeans, an ugly but comfortable sweater and glasses did not quite appeal to me.

We then proceeded to our hotel --- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parvd-renaissance-paris-vendome-hotel/ I absolutely loved it and was amazed that we were soo close to everything. On my earlier trips to Paris I did not stay anywhere nearly this nice or in such a convenient location, so seeing our hotel definitely alleviated some of the frustration that arose from losing my bag.

He had plans to propose that day but since I was soo upset about not having my stuff he had to change his plans. The hotel staff was in on it too so he had to tell them that he had to postpone the proposal plans. I finally got my bags 32 hours after we arrived in Paris so I was thrilled. He had an elaborate itinerary prepared for all the 5 days we were there so we were back on track. We decided to dress up and go to dinner. He told me the restaurant was walking distance from our hotel so we decided to take a stroll. He brought along a backpack primarily to carry my stilettos, (or so he told me) which I could change into later after our walk. We walked through the Tuileries Garden and the Louvre towards the Seine River. We took the ramp down to the river and he said “lets sit down here on this bench and we can take pictures.” The view was beautiful. We could see the top of the Eiffel Tower and all its splendor and the Ponts on the Right bank. He then takes out a big package from his backpack. At this point I am getting anxious and thrilled at the same time. He tells me that he made me a scrapbook about our life together. It was the most romantic thing ever. He had pictures of the various stages of our lives growing up as well as our lives together. At the end of the scrapbook there was a picture of us (a favorite of mine), with the words “I love you ∞2” (it’s a phrase he always says to me in response to my frequent query of how much he loves me) and “will you be mine forever”. He then got on his knee and said the most wonderful things and asked me to marry him. I of course said YES!! He then took out a champagne bottle and 2 glasses from his backpack and we sat there for hour and finished the bottle =)

When we got back to our hotel after dinner etc he gave me another package. When I opened it I found a journal in which he had recorded everything he had been doing for the past few months regarding the proposal and the ring. I was amazed at the amount of effort he put into this. It was the cherry on top and I am sooo happy!!!

argghh the files are too big so its not letting me post pictures

THE RING

I want to start by thanking all of you on pricescope that have helped us in getting the perfect ring. FH did not post ever but he did extensive research on p-scope (to the point that I think he has become somewhat of a diamond snob) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my ring.

He got it custom designed by an amazing jeweler in Dallas. The ring is a round halo with prongs. It has both our initials on it. It also has an Om symbol -- ૐ on the bottom of the gallery that i can only see when I take off the ring and flip it. The meaning of the symbol in Hinduism is -- the union of mind body and soul.

The ring also has “I love you ∞2” engraved on the inside -- (it’s a phrase he always says to me in response to my frequent query of how much he loves me)

Oh Yeah and it’s a GIA total of 2.4 carats. The center is 1.6, E and VS1.

--- not letting me post pictures.. need to figure out how to resize them

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely proposal story. Congratulations! I hope you can post pics soon!
1.gif

hilbake

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What a romantic proposal! Oh, I love Paris...
I hope you''re able to post pics soon!

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Halolover - what a beautiful story. Can''t wait to see the pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

halolover

Rough_Rock
view from the "proposal bench"

IMG_0646 (Medium).jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any closeups of your ring? It looks yummy!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story and pictures!!!!! Your ring looks beautiful. Can you make them a tad bigger please??

Linda

halolover

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Here are more!!

IMG_0968 (Medium).jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on the engagement!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Your ring is STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Linda

halolover

Rough_Rock
on Oscar Wilde''s tomb. I know, I am such a dork.

IMG_0847 (Medium).jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring and story!

When you both graduate, will you be moving to Dallas, or will FI be coming to live with you?

halolover

Rough_Rock
last one for now -- Enjoy!

IMG_0754 (Medium).jpg

halolover

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:20:57 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring and story!

When you both graduate, will you be moving to Dallas, or will FI be coming to live with you?

Thanks!! He actually works so I am the only one in school. We are still undecided on what to do after I graduate. I have some job options and so does he, but we are both open to relocating as need be so we''ll see what happens!!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a lovely story, and I know you will treasure every memory of Paris each time you gaze at your ring.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Who was the local jeweler? I am in Dallas!
(I have my ring, but would love to have a lead on a good and locally-based jeweler.)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and proposal story. Paris is my absolute favorite city ever. Lucky girl!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a romantic and memorable engagement trip/story!!! So awesome! The ring is absolutely breathtaking. VERY pretty. We need more details on that ring, girl! It''s just gorgeous!

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Amazing ring... and much more importantly an incredible man. I love the idea of the ring/proposal journal. He''s a keeper.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! It looks lovely on your hand...congratulations on such a romantic proposal!!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
awww congrats! the ring is beautiful!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring - congrats!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful. I think the proposal was very romantic. Best wishes!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal!! I love that he did it in Paris, and made a scrapbook! That is so sweet!! Oh yeah, and the ring is a beauty too.
2.gif

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations.. Your ring is stunning..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved reading your proposal story, so romantic!! Your ring is stunning, looks lovely on your hand. Congrats and best wishes to you both!!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!! Best wishes, too!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement! beautiful ring... such a romantic story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results