carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

mrsfivefiveten » 19 Sep 2010 21:28
I've been wearing my Asscher alternative for nearly two years now... I've been married for just a bit more than four months.
I think we did pretty well... My little "J" gem shows pretty close to white and I'm quite happy with it!

Shape: Square cut Emerald
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 64.0%
Table: 65.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Attachments

• asscher1.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,640

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• emerald.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,068

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely new rings. I took a few new shots of my EC RHR this morning with my new camera. They all have the sun coming in from behind.

ECbacklit.jpg

ECbacklit2.jpg

ECBacklit3.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

marcy|1304987237|2916838 said:
Lovely new rings. I took a few new shots of my EC RHR this morning with my new camera. They all have the sun coming in from behind.

I haven't seen this ring before. I :love: it! It's beautiful. Do you have any hand shots???

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Farleysmom. It is a .71 ct E with side stones .30 ctw.

Here are a few hand shots.

newecmc1.jpg

newecmc9.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a 1.35ct J ring size 4 in custom semi bezel two tone split twist shank
legato%20002.jpg
resetmc%20004_0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T, I really like your setting; it is great for your pretty asscher.

Pkanawha, your ring looks great.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aww thanks Marcy- did you ever get the band you were thinking of? I've been eying some ECs for RHR and been looking at yours for reference, its fantastic. This is a great thread for the additional inspirations I'm thinking of 8)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T, I did not get the band; I decided to save my money towards my ering upgrade. I hope you get an EC RHR, I wear mine more than any other ring I own. Yes, this thread is great, I look through it often.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T, I remembered later why I definitely ruled out that band - it was angled from top to bottom and the top of my ring is level so I thought it might be an odd combination. I think from the top though it would have been a very nice combo.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr » 05 Jun 2011 11:10
these are my boss' "everyday" earrings. Needless to say, she has a pretty amazing jewelry collection ! I don't know all the specs on these, sorry! They are about 2.5ctw, and I believe the center stones are about 1ct each. Sorry about the scary ear pictures--I don't think I have ever seen my ears so close-up!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-earrings-with-milgrained-halo.161648/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-earrings-with-milgrained-halo.161648/[/URL]

Attachments

• tuffy.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 3,626

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Christina... » 04 Jun 2011 18:07
I got my asscher back last week in its new setting! I previously had a 1.5mm pave shank and felt that it was too delicate so I had the stone set in an identical setting but with a 2.1mm shank. Anyway, I feel that asschers and EC's get a tough rap when it comes to fire and brilliance so I wanted to show just what these pretties are capable of! AND of course invite all of my fellow asscher and EC lovers to post pics of theirs as well!!

OK with that said I am still a newbie around here and apologize in advance for not knowing how to post mulitple pics in one post, and I'll apologize again for the number of pictures that I'm going to post......but I'm soooo in love with this ring and you all said that I could shamelessly show it off!

Oh yeah my specs are...

carat weight 1.01
clarity VVS1
color I
measurements 5.76 x 5.44 x 3.66
l/w 1.06 (tech. an EC not an asscher but still quite square)
flouresence none
table 66
depth 67.3

the setting has .32 of .02 melee although a few of the pics show the diamond in my old setting which had .20 of .01 melee

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-asscher-throwing-some-fire.161635/

Attachments

• christina.bmp
    673.2 KB · Views: 3,638

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

CW2424 » 07 Jun 2011 14:05
Hello,

I would just like to start off by saying that this website was extremely helpful in helping me determine what to look for in a diamond, so I want to thank you all for the enormous amount of posts to sift through leading up to the purchase of the ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/myimages/forum?id=message#
I recently proposed to my fiance (she said yes) after about 3.5 years of dating and after about 7 total years of knowing each other - we went to the same college and met freshman year in our dorm.

About a year ago she saw and fell in love with the Tacori 2628 emerald cut ring. So after a lot of shopping around, I found a local jeweler that is a Tacori dealer - they were extremely knowledgeable about diamonds and the various Tacori settings and I am extremely pleased with the results.

So, now what you are all interested in:

The setting: Tacori 2628 ECP (Petite Setting)
Metal: Platinum
Weight: .64 carats, G VS1 (I counted 42 stones - 9 up and down each side of the shank, 16 in the halo, 3 on both sides of the ring, and the 2 side stones)
Size: 7 1/4

The Center:
1.0 Carat GIA Certified G VS1
LxW Ration = 1.5

I know there are similar rings on here, but I have yet to find a picture of the emerald cut center stone with this setting. It was EXTREMELY helpful for me to look at the other 2628 settings (Lotsofsparkle's comes to mind) when deciding on certain features (metal/size/etc) and I hope that others find this useful when deciding on this same setting. If for nothing else, it helped the 4 week period go by (Tacori takes 4 weeks to craft the ring) so that I had a small idea of what my ring would look like.

I get more info on the center when I get home (I forgot to write down the specifics) and will update this post at that time.

Both of us are very excited about the ring and we are happy to answer questions others might have about our experience (so far) with Tacori, its selected retailers, the setting, or anything else! Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-tacori-e-ring.161726/

cw.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amy's Bling thanks for posting these new EC pieces of jewelry they are gorgeous.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy|1307763119|2943088 said:
Amy's Bling thanks for posting these new EC pieces of jewelry they are gorgeous.
No problem. I am pretty obsessed with stepcuts!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T|1305036637|2917313 said:
I have a 1.35ct J ring size 4 in custom semi bezel two tone split twist shank
legato%20002.jpg
resetmc%20004_0.jpg

D&T I am so in love with that stone... The setting... The wholething! Ifi could ever afford a arcing ring it would be a copy of yours!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes step cut diamonds are awesome.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

baouyen » 22 May 2011 12:45
This thread has been giving me my e-ring fix for months now. Soo many beautiful rings! I'm so thrilled to finally have mine. It was such a long process which has been going on since last year. When I showed halo e-ring pictures to my boyfriend , he didn't like it at all. I took him to a jewelry store one day and after I tried on a halo fashion ring, he fell in love with the setting immediately. In fact, he wouldn't budge but stayed firm that I must get a halo engagement ring. I still can't quite decide if it's a good thing or bad thing then when your boyfriend cares about how the ring looks to that point.

It's a platinum halo engagement ring with a 0.73 carat asscher diamond. When the box arrived, I wasn't allow to open it. My fiance's sister "hid" the box in her room lest I got tempted. My fiance came home and found the box in literally a few seconds. He knows me so well and how impatient I can be and what would make me the happiest woman. He opened the box and proposed to me right there.

The photos do not do my asscher diamond any justice. That's the most mesmerizing part of the ring. It even glitters in the dark.

CUT: very good
COLOR: G
CLARITY: SI1

bay.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

snew333 » 27 May 2011 00:28
So... My fiance purposed one week ago today. Today is actually our 1 year anniversary, so I was expecting it today and he suprised me by doing it a whole week early. We are both still in college, going into our final semesters, and he is absolutely perfect for me, but given that we are both broke college kids, I really wasn't expecting much of anything (and was fine with that) and was totally stunned when he presented me with this ring. I know it's far from perfect to a lot of the people on this website who have 3 carat diamonds, but its way more than I expected and I'm excited nontheless. Not to mention, it's super sentimental. We started dating on May 26 and we will be getting married on May 26 of next year (one year from today!!! AHH!) and he made sure that the combined number of diamonds in my wedding and engagement ring set is... 26 And on top of that, the total carat weight of my engagement ring is 2.6 Sorry in advance for all of the photos... it's probably way over the top. I'm just really excited.

stats on the ring(s):

Engagement ring:

Center Diamond: Emerald Cut
Carat Weight: 1.2
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Demensions: 7.65x5.24x3.51
Other diamonds: Round and Bezel Set- total of 12- G/H color
Metal: 18 kt. White Gold/Platinum Head

Wedding Band:

Round and Bezel Set- total of 13- G/H color
Metal: 18 Kt. White Gold

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-emerald-cut-engagement-ring.161227/

Attachments

• snew.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,416

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVEly diamonds Amy! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny|1308708565|2951597 said:
LOVEly diamonds Amy! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

I wish they were mine! 8)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting these great new pictures. Lovely diamonds.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy|1308712171|2951665 said:
Thanks for posting these great new pictures. Lovely diamonds.

Anytime! I enjoy it :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too! :bigsmile:

suchende

Brilliant_Rock

I am loving that gentle tint of an I colored emerald... yumm

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I'm a technological dinosaur, so maybe someone could help me out.

My absolutel dream ring is Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall's ring--absolutely stunning three stone EC. I drool everytime I see it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is what I found for you Amber....

camilla.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling|1308788643|2952404 said:
This is what I found for you Amber....

This originally belonged to the Queen Mother. It is really beautiful!

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results