carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

Sigh... these are all so stunning! Off to subscribe to thread.....

Aven

Rough_Rock

PM1742|1313938520|2995647 said:
I can finally join! I got mine last weekend.
2.62 center, E color
.8 sidestones
That's all I really know!

Love, love, love, LOVE your ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aven|1314208287|2998334 said:
PM1742|1313938520|2995647 said:
I can finally join! I got mine last weekend.
2.62 center, E color
.8 sidestones
That's all I really know!

Love, love, love, LOVE your ring!

Agreed! So gorgeous!!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This thread is amazing. Hope my new ring can bling amongst these beauties soon!

almost_there

Rough_Rock
Re:

Po10472|1241024153|1945247 said:

LOVE!!! Any other pics of this one? Do I spot pave on the band?

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock

my new ring......sorry not very good w/ taking pics.

ring.jpg

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock

My lil girl. She's only .60 ct (certainly small by PS standards).

I originally set out looking for a bigger rock. I pretty much had it in my mind that a step cut had to be bigger in order to show any "steps" or dimension. I was (happily) proven wrong.

I had tried on several at the same time, all bigger by quite a bit, but kept coming back to this one. I really know what it means now to have one "speak to me"... Her size on paper didn't matter. Her presence made her so much larger than the others.

The setting is 18k white gold, and she's a VS (there's a little metal from the setting showing thru...that's not an inclusion) and a nice white G in color (which I really love). Straight baguettes on the shank. The ring is likely from the 1940's, according to the estate jewelry shop where I bought it. Finger size is 6.

Anyway, I'm smitten in case it's not obvious. I don't think I could be happier. :D The photos aren't great and I was contorting my finger so looks a little funny, but hoping the photos (and blathering) will help others who are considering emerald cuts in the smaller sizes. :) (I plan to buy more bands and switch them out. Ones pictured are rose gold and platinum.)
ring_1164.jpg
ring_1163.jpg
ring_1178.jpg
ring_1141.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty.

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Don't know if my set is in this thread...Anyways, my beauty (2.11 G/VS1 EC solitaire) :love:

2011-02-20 15.13.32.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

I've been meaning to take photos of my ring for so long now - just one darn thing after another. Anyway, after reading about Quaddio's situation, I finally dug out the camera. Poor camera and limited skills, but you get the idea. Anway, 1.10 VS1 H, with Very Good symmetry and polish, and no fluor. Stock unplated 18 kt WG bezel setting. It fits my unfrilly jeans lifestyle perfectly. Hope you like :bigsmile: .

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing Begonia - its beautiful and really suits you. I love the way the gold looks like it's hugging the diamond. My situation will be resolved soon with help from my jeweler who is reasonable and understanding. With the encouragement of Pricescope I'll overcome my doubts and post in this forum yet!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Say, thanks quaddio! I went with a stock setting for the time being, but may go for something a little more out there (and custom) in the future, as my budget rebuilds :lol: . It will still be a bezel though!

Perhaps you could make a pendant and earrings out of your ring, if you just can't see yourself wearing it...

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

PP I LOVE your stone!! There is something special about it for sure! :)

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock

daintyG|1318390649|3038324 said:
PP I LOVE your stone!! There is something special about it for sure! :)
Awww, thank you so much, dainty. I do love her too. She "rocks" my world. :)

I love the details on your set. I've always been attracted to marquises as well. Very pretty!!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Agree, love!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

My emerald cut emerald from Andrew Sarosi.

kiz-asemerald3.jpg

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock

quaddio|1318545004|3039696 said:
Agree, love!
Thanks so much, quaddio. :)

quaddio|1314420924|3001220 said:
This thread is amazing. Hope my new ring can bling amongst these beauties soon!
I've seen your ring and love it as well. I know you (and bf) are not feeling quite "there" with it yet, but I have complete faith that you will be. You should post the current ring here anyway? A lot of us do love how it looks on your hand (even if it's not perfect yet in your eyes) and I'm sure others would be inspired by it. (Or you could do before and after pics when the new incarnation is done? That would be very cool as well.)

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock

Kismet|1318603379|3040224 said:
My emerald cut emerald from Andrew Sarosi.
Wow, that is really pretty! I'd love to see some hand shots including profile and side? Also, stats?

sevenseven

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone, thought I'd share my ring after I got a new setting: ER is 1.5 F/VS1 with tapered baguettes and pave on 3 sides of the band. The other two are thin baguette eternity bands.

ringstacked.jpg
ringstacked2_0.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

sevenseven|1321401921|3062501 said:
Hi everyone, thought I'd share my ring after I got a new setting: ER is 1.5 F/VS1 with tapered baguettes and pave on 3 sides of the band. The other two are thin baguette eternity bands.

beautiful! You should start your own thread in Show me the Bling so more people can see your gorgeous rings!!

sevenseven

Rough_Rock

thanks! :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bumpingfor new stepcuts :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

ndtyler333 » 12 Dec 2011 00:08
Well she said yes!!!

Here is the ring, right where it belongs. She was completely blown away!

Its a 1.04 G VS2 in a 14k setting with pave side stones and a pair of peek-a-boo diamonds.
The diamond came from www.goodoldgold.com and was set by a great local jeweler.

This beautiful ring would never have happened without the wonderful information and helpful advice of PS members.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-asscher-in-a-custom-seting.169338/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-asscher-in-a-custom-seting.169338/[/URL]

ndtyler.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

meggamegga » 08 Dec 2011 01:56
So after over 3 years of dating and lots of lurking on here I finally got engaged! I'm super excited that I now have a decent reason to post, and can to show my new baby off to those who will appreciate it! (and also grab some advise on wedding bands.)

The fiancee picked it out all himself and proposed thanksgiving morning. He was clear that he hates cushion cut and halos so I expected those to be out of the question. We had also talked about future upgrades (before I got engaged) and he despised the idea. Don't get me wrong I would have married him with anything... but I'm very thankful he did a lovely job, since he was pretty clear I was stuck with whatever I got.

It's a 1925 art deco 2.0ct ring....
Anyone have any advise on wedding bands?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-e-ring-and-band-advise.169206/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-e-ring-and-band-advise.169206/[/URL]

Attachments

• megga.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 2,097

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T » 09 Nov 2011 14:35
I was stumped for four months on what I wanted for my 7th anniversary, had two projects in mind but didn't work out, then this idea came along...and was just perfect for the occasion!

seven stone asscher band in ring size 4, however feels more like a 4.5 since it also fits my right hand finger due to the "u" shaped (highly suggest going 1/4 size smaller with this style on a half eternity)

H VS2 15 points each approx 1.05 ctw and the band top measures about 3mm in width. Initially bought to wear as stand alone, but I quite like it with the e-ring.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/[/URL]

Attachments

• dtband.bmp
    832 KB · Views: 2,087

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

thebunnybears » 10 Nov 2011 20:23
We have officially gotten engaged! He took me to Disney World for our 4 year anniversary, led me on the Wishes Cruise and proposed right before the fireworks. I guess it was an Engagement Trip afterall.

I love my ring, and we initially shopped for it together. I told him I wanted an asscher and I wanted it to be on a delicate band. He delivered!

We bought the stone separately from Jonathan at GOG. He did an amazing job showing us through video all the differences you can't see through a GIA report. Although we could've bought the stone 1-2thousand cheaper elsewhere (we found the same GIA for the ring listed several times on different websites), we could never pull the plug without seeing it first, and we were very appreciative of all the work Jonathan and his team did, we ended up buying from them.

My fiance took the stone to Steven Kirsch for setting. He did a great job, and the final product looks amazing, just see for yourself below!

Ring specs: H,VS1, 2.54 carats, Asscher cut, EX/polish/symmetry, no fluorescence on an eternity 3 row micropave.
My ring size is a 4.75

I can't do my ring justice in photographs. But I did my best.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-asscher-micropave-engagement-ring-by-gog-steven-kirsch.168083/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-asscher-micropave-engagement-ring-by-gog-steven-kirsch.168083/[/URL]

Attachments

• bbear.bmp
    260.7 KB · Views: 2,077

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

nararabbit » 10 Feb 2012 20:

Here is the finished ring, in all its amazing glory... (Hand shots to follow, I promise! The diamond is an F VS2 Excellent/Ideal cut from James Allen. I know Kenny loves asschers so I am curious to see what he thinks especially. I think I did pretty well for my first real fancy shape diamond buy.

It's a surprise. I got him a ring box that looks like a toad made of enamel, as he loves lizards, frogs, etc. So I will surprise him w/ that come Valentine's, along with flowers, a couples massage, and dinner at a nice restaurant.

(Did I mention we've been together 5 years and are 10x more in love than when we began? I know, gag me! )

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/evans-steampunk-rose-gold-mens-ring-w-asscher.171727/#post-3124842']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/evans-steampunk-rose-gold-mens-ring-w-asscher.171727/#post-3124842[/URL]

Attachments

• nara.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 1,850

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

Here's mine

Handshot1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results