shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher e-ring and band advise

meggamegga

Rough_Rock
So after over 3 years of dating and lots of lurking on here I finally got engaged! I'm super excited that I now have a decent reason to post, and can to show my new baby off to those who will appreciate it! (and also grab some advise on wedding bands.)

The fiancee picked it out all himself and proposed thanksgiving morning. He was clear that he hates cushion cut and halos so I expected those to be out of the question. :( We had also talked about future upgrades (before I got engaged) and he despised the idea. Don't get me wrong I would have married him with anything... but I'm very thankful he did a lovely job, since he was pretty clear I was stuck with whatever I got.

It's a 1925 art deco 2.0ct ring....
Anyone have any advise on wedding bands?

1925.asscher.2.jpg

1925.asscher.png

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I don't have a suggestion for a wedding band at the moment, but I wanted to say they your ring is amazing! Congratulations on the engagement!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
This is my new fave ring on PS! Amazing! The diamond is an original asscher?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I'd probably just want a narrow platinum band that's either plain finish or engraved/diestruck with some pretty design. I love your ring, you really have to give him a ton of credit for picking out such a home run!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. Personally, I like your rings alone. I have an asscher with stones on the setting and I have tried 2 different bands only to come to the conclusion that it can stand on it's own. I believe that most of the asscher antique rings were originally worn alone. But I hope you find something you like to wear with it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning ring! Lucky you he has great taste :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for a weddingbsnd- I would probably go for a miligrained pave band- if the stone is set low I would look into curved bands.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement and lovely ring! I'd suggest going to try a bunch of different types of bands on. Take photos and post them and I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions! ;-)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, he did an excellent job!! Are you happy with it?

For a band I would go with a thin engraved band or a thin milgrained pave band.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
a thin plain, or a thin milgrain band (IF there is milgrain, I cannot tell from the photos), OR a thin diamond band. LOVE the ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely - that stone is beautiful! But do you like it? I kinda feel more resigned disappointment from your OP than anything else - but maybe I'm just reading too much into it?

Bands - plain, domed to match your Ering shank gets my vote.

meggamegga

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!

@Kelpie- yup it's an antique in it's original setting.

@purplesilk I LOVE that!! So far that's my favorite band with bigger diamond.

@ame no milgrain on the ering, just micro pave diamonds, but I love the look and I think it could go well with the ring anyways.

I've been all over the map with the type of wedding band. I've recently become more and more fond of the idea of a thin milgrain/pave/diamond band. I've also considered the Kotler band that matches the fi's second choice ring, an antique of the same time frame, an eternity band (preferably a 3/4 since my fingers are constantly changing size), and lastly some other random pretty ring that doesn't have to match that I can wear on it's own. I even looked at one gold with tons of different colored stones, which would be nice from a versatility perspective.

I LOVE it!! Originally I posted with more bragging, but then quickly changed it...I was embarrassed. I don't brag much, but I haven't been able to get excited with a lot of my girlfriends and had to get it out!

Me gushing, feel free to skip :twirl: :
He has fantastic taste, and I knew he would do a wonderful job. I LOVE it!! He was engaged once before and got her a Tiffany ring so when it came time for me he admitted to looking at forums to find "the epitome of diamond rings." (I would always joke that I had to have a bigger and better ring than hers .admittedinscurity. Before getting engaged my mother said the same thing to my father after he once went on and on about his first wife's ring and how pretty it was.) Apparently he didn't mind the joking request and followed through. He looked into Harry winston and and other big designers before falling in love with a Neil Lane asscher cut ring (kate Hudson's ring actually.) Since obviously I wasn't going to get her ring he looked into his style and instead of finding an art deco recreation he found an original. (the stats on this puppy rock and its the original rock in the original setting!) Originally I slightly preferred his second choice, a Harry Kotler. There was a picture on one of the forums somewhere around here... But I've grown really partial to mine since I've had it. And now I wouldn't change it for anything. It's really one of a kind and I kinda like the idea that some starlet or something back in the twenties had the same ring. Anyways he's slightly anal about researching things (Another reason I love him!) and very conscious of what I like so I knew he would do a wonderful job and he did, it's perfect!

Sorry for such a long post!! and thanks again for all of the compliments and suggestions. I'll definitely post pics after I try on more bands!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it sounds like I was reading too much into it - congrats on your engagement, and on receiving a ring you love!!

I still vote plain band. Your Ering is detailed, and more than that the details are diverse - step cut centre, patterned brilliant pave on the sides, I think I see engraving on the bottom? No need to add more to the mix - let all those Ering details shine!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that ring is AMAZING! good job to your fiance! I would do a dainty pave band with it - it will make a gorgeous set. Congratulations on your engagement!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!!!! it is really gorgeous :) I would go try on bands and see what you like...maybe a thin band w/milgrain?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote a thin pave band. :) I truly love love love your ring! If I had seen it 2 years ago it prob would be the pic I would have been showing my hubby as inspiration. I also like that it's an original antique- it gives it character. A friend from college got engaged a year ago with an Art Deco antique ring- identical to Lottie UK's ring and I find it so romantic that her beautiful ring was an antique her FI happened upon and fell in love with!

Congrats again!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
the asscher is very nicely cut from the top view~!!! Nice job, congrats on your Engagement~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results