carat
color
clarity

Elle's Gemstone Adventures

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi :wavey:

ummmm.... OF COURSE! I am honored you love the ring that sparks your interest in EC... its more spectacular in person :mrgreen2: I have another similar setting in the works for another gem. oval, with a couple of minor tweaks. I'm embarrassed to post my horid mock up.. but DK gets it lol

Honestly if I didn't want someone to use "my" design (I say this because honestly when is it truly's someone's design? there were many ring elements I've pulled from all over), I wouldn't be posting here or anywhere on the web. Its fair game:mrgreen:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
also having had for a few months now, there are a couple things I *might* suggest changing...like the metal hearts.. thinking about it now, I might consider milgraining that too... also I would prefer a larger donut now so its easier for me to clean instead of putting in my ultrasonic. because of the basket meeting at the bottom its a little difficult to wear a band as it tries to tuck under the ring and tips it over (towards my finger tip) vs having a larger basket like pictured where the gallery is more upright (not sure if I'm making sense) and the band meeting at the shank (which stops from going under the gallery)
upload_2019-2-20_18-35-30.png

well ... what the heck... I like others sharing their ideas... so here is a mockup for my next gem... hopefully it'll work out.. haven't confirmed that I'll be getting the gem yet.. don't mind this gem in the picture (this is not it) i was playing with colors. the clover like I have earrings similar and love the design.

By the way love love that color so bright! and what an exciting project!

upload_2019-2-20_18-40-40.png

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi :wavey:

ummmm.... OF COURSE! I am honored you love the ring that sparks your interest in EC... its more spectacular in person :mrgreen2: I have another similar setting in the works for another gem. oval, with a couple of minor tweaks. I'm embarrassed to post my horid mock up.. but DK gets it lol.

Honestly if I didn't want someone to use "my" design (I say this because honestly when is it truly's someone's design? there were many ring elements I've pulled from all over), I wouldn't be posting here or anywhere on the web. Its fair game:mrgreen:

Also, having had it for a few months now, there are a couple things I *might* suggest changing...like the metal hearts.. thinking about it now, I might consider milgraining that too... also I would prefer a larger donut now so its easier for me to clean instead of putting in my ultrasonic. because of the basket meeting at the bottom its a little difficult to wear a band as it tries to tuck under the ring and tips it over (towards my finger tip) vs having a larger basket like pictured where the gallery is more upright (not sure if I'm making sense) and the band meeting at the shank (which stops from going under the gallery).

Thank you so much! I’m still not totally sure which direction I will go with this project but I really appreciate your willingness to let me use your design. :kiss2: I wanted to ask because I realize that sometimes a person will put a lot of love and effort into designing their ring and, of course, that can make them a wee bit territorial about the design. I don’t want to step an any toes out there. :confused2: At the same time, I completely agree that our designs are often a collection of elements we’ve pulled from other rings. Lord knows the amount of time I’ve spent on Pinterest supports that idea. :P2 Besides that, PSers have the best taste so we are, of course, going to want to use elements from fellow PSers rings. But, again, thank you so much! I’m so excited about the possibilities. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well ... what the heck... I like others sharing their ideas... so here is a mockup for my next gem... hopefully it'll work out.. haven't confirmed that I'll be getting the gem yet.. don't mind this gem in the picture (this is not it) i was playing with colors. the clover like I have earrings similar and love the design.

By the way love love that color so bright! and what an exciting project!

upload_2019-2-20_18-40-40.png

I love your mock up. To my everlasting dismay, I lack pretty much any artistic ability. Which is why you will never see any hand drawn ideas pop up over here. :( I like your photo shop skills though. It’s a great way to explain what you mean to DK.

I love the little clover elements. That’s the exact element I liked on this ring..though tbh, your example is much prettier. I hope the gem works out because I think it will be a gorgeous ring. :love:

2A505BD2-D722-4930-8A9C-9BD56362EBE7.png

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 beautiful spinel! :love:

Here's a video from DK, in case it helps you decide on the elements you'd like for your setting:

Your ring is stunning, @JPie! Thanks for sharing the video!

I love the outward facing pears—so happy like a starburst or flower petals! Your design is a great inspiration to me. I can imagine it working well with many shapes of center stones. Enjoy your beautiful ring! :love:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone Elle! And so many excellent ideas. I know everything is up in the air atm, but perhaps consider putting the rose gold clover elements at the NSEW positions rather than the corners like D&T's new ring idea? It would help add some width to balance out the stone. (You could even have the "stems" form decorative NSEW prongs on the stone....but maybe I am getting over-excited and over-ambitious here haha).

On a completely different, minimalist note, the simple split shank east-west settings DK has been creating for ECs lately are a fave for me. Would make a simple, wearable ring that lets that color speak for itself. Maybe rose gold? hmmm....

upload_2019-2-22_16-25-49.png
upload_2019-2-22_16-26-50.png

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone Elle! And so many excellent ideas. I know everything is up in the air atm, but perhaps consider putting the rose gold clover elements at the NSEW positions rather than the corners like D&T's new ring idea? It would help add some width to balance out the stone. (You could even havet the "stems" form decorative NSEW prongs on the stone....but maybe I am getting over-excited and over-ambitious here haha).

On a completely different, minimalist note, the simple split shank east-west settings DK has been creating for ECs lately are a fave for me. Would make a simple, wearable ring that lets that color speak for itself. Maybe rose gold? hmmm....

upload_2019-2-22_16-25-49.png
upload_2019-2-22_16-26-50.png

I think that’s a really neat idea. Certainly worth me trying to draw up (and never ever share with PS because it’s shamefully bad). :lol-2:

While I love the minimalist settings on other people, I find that I just can’t live without a little bit of diamond sparkle. Total magpie over here. :shifty:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 where's the thread for the green stone ring second up on your little finger - I'm liking that baby! :love: Feel like I haven't seen this before?
Ps glad you posted about the ring family thread I know there are some folks reading this that defo need to post on that thread :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 where's the thread for the green stone ring second up on your little finger - I'm liking that baby! :love: Feel like I haven't seen this before?
Ps glad you posted about the ring family thread I know there are some folks reading this that defo need to post on that thread :mrgreen2:

That’s a (just over a carat) tsavorite ring from The Gemstone Project.
Turns out I didn’t start a new thread for it. :shock: I did post about it back on page 9 of this thread if you want to see more pics. Here’s one of my favorite pics. :mrgreen2:

E3485318-8ABD-4564-B320-08195DD48947.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Elle will check it out love the pic!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About a month ago, @mrs-b started posting a few things for sale. Known for her exquisite taste, it’s no surprise to me that her preloved thread was a full on feeding frenzy of jewelry lovers. :lol-2: And as a self proclaimed member of that “feeding frenzy,” I was lucky enough to have snagged her flower ring.:dance:

It went off to David Klass (thanks again @mrs-b ) who resized it and found me a bright and happy yellow sapphire for the center.

I don’t have it yet but here’s a video from DK.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Beautiful yellow

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About a month ago, @mrs-b started posting a few things for sale. Known for her exquisite taste, it’s no surprise to me that her preloved thread was a full on feeding frenzy of jewelry lovers. :lol-2: And as a self proclaimed member of that “feeding frenzy,” I was lucky enough to have snagged her flower ring.:dance:

It went off to David Klass (thanks again @mrs-b ) who resized it and found me a bright and happy yellow sapphire for the center.

I don’t have it yet but here’s a video from DK.

Oh my gosh! I love this!! :kiss2:
Did DK originally make the ring? It’s a gorgeous flowery design. I love the shade of your sapphire too!
I’ll be looking forward to your hand shots :D

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
@elle_71125 so beautiful.

May I ask what the little bumps on the inside of the ring are for? Is it to help keep it from spinning?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you got your yellow sapphire! And in such a beautiful setting!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Beautiful yellow
Thank you! Even though yellow is NOT my color, I really wanted something bright and cheerful. I didn’t have any yellows yet so it was a perfect choice.

Oh my gosh! I love this!! :kiss2:
Did DK originally make the ring? It’s a gorgeous flowery design. I love the shade of your sapphire too!
I’ll be looking forward to your hand shots :D
Thank you! And yes. It was designed by the lovely @mrs-b and made by David Klass (possibly his uber-bench...though I can’t quite remember). Personally, I love how the petals look so soft / fluid underneath.

I can’t wait to get it and you can be sure I’ll post lots of pics. :mrgreen:

@elle_71125 so beautiful.

May I ask what the little bumps on the inside of the ring are for? Is it to help keep it from spinning?
Thank you. =)Those are sizing bumps. My finger knuckles are a good 1/2 size larger than the base of my fingers. The bumps helps the ring fit me better and has the additional benefit of reducing ring spin.

Gorgeous yellow Elle!!! I love love love the flower! Can't wait to see hand shots!
Thank you! I absolutely love the design and can’t wait to rock it in this cold weather.
I’ll definitely post lots of pics, once I get it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And as I suspected, this should have had a colored stone in it from the very beginning.

I love it,@elle_71125 - it looks fab! It's now how it was always meant to be. :)

...and I'm also chuffed to have brought the first yellow to your collection! Sunshine for sure! :wavey:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice @elle_71125
It was always beautiful, but the yellow sapphire is a wonderful outcome.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, you got your yellow sapphire! And in such a beautiful setting!
Thank you! I'm excited about it too. Initially, I was looking for a yellow sapphire for a different preloved setting but since yellow looks perfect in this new one, I'll just have to find something else for that other one. :evil2:

And as I suspected, this should have had a colored stone in it from the very beginning.

I love it,@elle_71125 - it looks fab! It's now how it was always meant to be. :)

...and I'm also chuffed to have brought the first yellow to your collection! Sunshine for sure! :wavey:
That's so nice of you to say. Thank you so much! I'm very excited about my first yellow and I think it really makes the ring pop. :mrgreen:

Great choice @elle_71125
It was always beautiful, but the yellow sapphire is a wonderful outcome.
Thank you! Now, the wait for shipping begins. :shock:

voce

Ideal_Rock
:drool:

@elle_71125 you and @icy_jade really make me crave a yellow sapphire. Must resist and set the gems I actually have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results