shape
carat
color
clarity

Elle's Gemstone Adventures

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is stunning!! Enjoy that beautiful design and workmanship!!

:appl:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love!!! :love::love::love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I had decided to resize it and wear it as a RHR but I've been procrastinating. But now that I've seen your ring with a band, I'm starting to rethink this again! Sometimes, I can be so indecisive--arrgghh... :confused2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: That is sooo gorgeous!

Funny thing: I thought you were the gemstone project owner, and then realized you don’t have a trade badge. :lol-2: Nope, you just really like the shop.
Thank you. :mrgreen2:
Actually, you wouldn't believe how often people confuse me with @ElleW (the owner of The Gemstone Project). Man, I wish I had those killer design skills! :lickout: Weird note: I don't know how she pronounces her name but I always say it as "L" (a la the movie "Legally Blond") while mine is pronounced "Ellie."

And yes, I just really love to shop! :lol:

You are on a roll!! Love your newest addition. Beautifully designed by Elle and created by David. Your new ring looks amazing on you
Thank you! Yes, I've had quite a few pieces made this year. Starting to feel guilty and thinking maybe I should be taking a self imposed buying ban. :eek2:

It is stunning!! Enjoy that beautiful design and workmanship!!

:appl:
Thank you. It truly is full of tiny, gorgeous, details. @ElleW is such a talented designer...and we all already know of my love for David Klass. :kiss2:

Love, love, love!!! :love::love::love:
Thank you!!! :kiss2:

It’s so perfect for the holidays!
Right?! I was planning on wearing it for Christmas for that very reason. I saw a beautiful manicure on Jocelyn from Gilded Lane (aka @athenaworth ) and I kinda want to try and replicate that to wear with my new ring.
Here's a link to the nails, if you want to see them..
https://www.instagram.com/p/Brf_yDFn5mq/

Well, I had decided to resize it and wear it as a RHR but I've been procrastinating. But now that I've seen your ring with a band, I'm starting to rethink this again! Sometimes, I can be so indecisive--arrgghh... :confused2:
Bahahaha, my master plan is now complete. :twisted: Just kidding. It looks pretty good with the bands, in my opinion, but it also looks great on its own so I totally understand the indecision. :D

Beautiful! I love tsavs and the setting is perfect!
Thank you. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new addition to my collection. This hot pink Mahenge spinel. I’ve had this in my Etsy cart forever because it’s a different color from the usual Mahenges I’ve seen. A straight up saturated pink. :kiss2:
Details:
1.67ct precision emerald cut
8.6 x 5.3 x 3.95
DDB7ED26-D6CB-4555-A9DE-8D1294E9C59A.jpeg
3A07BC93-A2CE-4703-9E7C-01633D5EAD11.jpeg

So this shape isn’t exactly in my wheel house and I could really use some help with setting ideas. I don’t know if this will be the next one I set but who doesn’t want to work on ideas ASAP? :mrgreen2: Anyway, It’s a bit narrow so I think a halo and / or side stone will be necessary. Anyone want to throw out ideas? :wavey:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Such a beautiful stone :love:.
Gilded Lane had this ring a while back that I had saved. You could do a second halo or engraving if the enamel isn’t your cup of tea. I know whatever you end up doing will be amazing =)2.
B37FCA7D-A518-4EE2-92F0-B4E384B238B5.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word! That stone looks delicious!( like you could pop it in your mouth!) Yum!
I'm a halo fan too, and I like what @2Neezers suggested.
But for a long skinny step cut, I immediately thought of that Yvonne Raley tourmaline ring. So striking, I love it. (Forgive my photoshop)
20190218_215131.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 -

Would you mind sharing the name of the vendor? Your new spinel is eye-popping! I'm hoping he has some more of that rough! I also always struggle finding good colored stones and reliable vendors.

Thanks in advance!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 -

Would you mind sharing the name of the vendor? Your new spinel is eye-popping! I'm hoping he has some more of that rough! I also always struggle finding good colored stones and reliable vendors.

Thanks in advance!

I got it from Mike at GranGem. Here’s a link to his Etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GranGem?ref=simple-shop-header-name
He also has an Instagram under the same name where you can see videos of a lot of his stones. He’s really great to work with and once he even extended the return window when I wanted to see how a gem played outside (during an extra long bout of rainy weather). :mrgreen2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got it from Mike at GranGem. Here’s a link to his Etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GranGem?ref=simple-shop-header-name
He also has an Instagram under the same name where you can see videos of a lot of his stones. He’s really great to work with and once he even extended the return window when I wanted to see how a gem played outside (during an extra long bout of rainy weather). :mrgreen2:

Thanks, @elle_71125 - that's really useful info. And thank you for the link - I'm going to take a look right now.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @strawrose @2Neezers @prs @lovedogs & @CHRISTY-DANIELLE :mrgreen2:
You guys rock! I love seeing all these setting ideas. I’ll add a couple that I like too...

A2DD21BB-9E4B-4DD4-A56E-C8590B2ABED7.jpeg

I don’t like this setting but I do like the little bezel set rose gold on the four corners. That would be a neat way to incorporate some tiny pink spinel melee.
082234D4-C09C-4434-B786-AE02CC23DB68.png
022C8E75-9791-4EA7-8E78-C04D52912CCB.jpeg 5E3A76F2-0063-41D8-B96B-BC0E72A4D4D7.jpeg 13892F12-633C-4CD8-B610-2B6D73B1C0D9.jpeg 4B7F1DC6-728A-422B-A149-21C3A26E6A47.jpeg 0C369B17-7A73-4F16-9BCE-BA90CFC6C96B.jpeg 99A170B5-D6DC-470D-86A0-844B13E2FD69.jpeg

I personally think #1 trumps all our suggestions. It helps that you worked with David before.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like #1, 6 and 2, in that order. I think the #2 setting would actually look much nicer with your stone than it looks with the stone in the inspiration picture, proportion-wise.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0E5E331F-8020-40F9-A5E2-FED99FDDE90C.jpeg

I like #6 a lot. Here’s a variation on it as far as the sidestones go. (This picture was shared on PS a few weeks ago and I forgot whose inspiration pic it was.) I like how the “petals” balance the verticality. I think it would look even more proportional with your taller gem.

I’m a big fan of Yvonne’s Art Deco style ring too, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Congratulations on your beautiful stone, Elle! The color is amazing!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think #1 trumps all our suggestions. It helps that you worked with David before.
#1 is pretty gorgeous. I like that antique/ milgrain flair and the halo is very neat. It may be one of my favorite emerald cut settings. :kiss2:

Ooh, thank you for #4, I have been looking for one just like it:whistle: <<screenshot>>

I love #1 too.
#4 is gorgeous. I hope you end up setting something like that. :love:

Number 1 is the best!!!
Thank you, Suz. You know how much I value your opinion. ;)2 You’re an awesome friend.

I like #1, 6 and 2, in that order. I think the #2 setting would actually look much nicer with your stone than it looks with the stone in the inspiration picture, proportion-wise.
Thank you. It’s so hard to choose isn’t it? :bigsmile:

0E5E331F-8020-40F9-A5E2-FED99FDDE90C.jpeg

I like #6 a lot. Here’s a variation on it as far as the sidestones go. (This picture was shared on PS a few weeks ago and I forgot whose inspiration pic it was.) I like how the “petals” balance the verticality. I think it would look even more proportional with your taller gem.

I’m a big fan of Yvonne’s Art Deco style ring too, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Congratulations on your beautiful stone, Elle! The color is amazing!

I believe that ring belongs to @JPie and isn’t it just gorgeous?! :love:
Thank you. #6 has a vintage flair that I’m really into. :kiss2:

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
My reaction to seeing this beauty in this thread was "of course, why am I not surprised to see Elle acquire yet another elegant pink spinel?" :roll2::kiss2:

For my aesthetic, I like @CHRISTY-DANIELLE's suggestion the best. That one's so striking and emphasizes the verticality/length without disguising it. But any of the posted designs would work with that gorgeous Mahenge spinel. I get confused talking about numbers because I don't know which one is #1.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T One of the inspiration rings I posted above is your gorgeous EC ring. :kiss2: It’s the first setting that made me love an emerald cut. I’m very interested in using this style halo for my EC mahenge spinel but I wanted to reach out to you first. Would you be ok with me doing something similar (the halo part specifically)?

Reactions: D&T

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 beautiful spinel! :love:

Here's a video from DK, in case it helps you decide on the elements you'd like for your setting:

Thank you so much!
I love, love, love how your new ring turned out! It’s stunning! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My reaction to seeing this beauty in this thread was "of course, why am I not surprised to see Elle acquire yet another elegant pink spinel?" :roll2::kiss2:

For my aesthetic, I like @CHRISTY-DANIELLE's suggestion the best. That one's so striking and emphasizes the verticality/length without disguising it. But any of the posted designs would work with that gorgeous Mahenge spinel. I get confused talking about numbers because I don't know which one is #1.

I know. I have a problem with pinks (which was pointed out to me by a fellow PSr...Hi @Rare gem lover ). It’s a sickness, I tell you! :lol:

I love the idea @CHRISTY-DANIELLE posted too. Especially the way it incorporates a little more pink into the setting. I love that. :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T One of the inspiration rings I posted above is your gorgeous EC ring. :kiss2: It’s the first setting that made me love an emerald cut. I’m very interested in using this style halo for my EC mahenge spinel but I wanted to reach out to you first. Would you be ok with me doing something similar (the halo part specifically)?
Hi :wavey:

ummmm.... OF COURSE! I am honored you love the ring that sparks your interest in EC... its more spectacular in person :mrgreen2: I have another similar setting in the works for another gem. oval, with a couple of minor tweaks. I'm embarrassed to post my horid mock up.. but DK gets it lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results