shape
carat
color
clarity

EC IN SHOLDT SEMI-BEZEL PEARLMANS PICS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic!!!! Congratulations. ::)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Charmed one, April Baby, Sarahb & GirlyGirl!

Sarahb-your new eternity is TDF lady! If you are interested in the semi-bezel Sholdt for your ering reset do a search on here as there are a few PSer's with a round diamond diamond in the semi-bezel. It realy is perfection if I do say so myself :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama... you know I'm on the hunt and considering a warmer stone so I had to come back and study your pictures.. again...

I so love your ring and your band!!!! Thanks for posting so many pictures... they've been keeping me busy!!! :Up_to_something:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Your new ring and band are perfect for each other!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
So so cool looking together! Where did you find that wedding band? I love it! I've never seen anything like it.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1360278493|3374776 said:
woofmama... you know I'm on the hunt and considering a warmer stone so I had to come back and study your pictures.. again...

I so love your ring and your band!!!! Thanks for posting so many pictures... they've been keeping me busy!!! :Up_to_something:

Hi Mayk :wavey:
I've been watching your EC threads with great interest. I'm very happy with my K, rarely notice any tint, except sometimes in the car on overcast days. My car interior is beige so I think it is reflecting that back. My stone is bright,bright,bright so it does perform beautifully in most lighting. I know you are looking at an ASET right now. Look at mine, you can find it under my topics or the crown hgt thread Chrono started a couple of days ago. It is very red. Best of luck with your search. I can't wait to see what you find :))
Thanks for the nice compliments!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Orchid Lei said:
Your new ring and band are perfect for each other!

Thank you Orchid! I did things backward, first found the band, then found my diamond & decided on the solitaire setting last. I had been obsessed with the Sholdt semi-bezel for at least a year before this was put together. I'm very happy with it.

Jax172 said:
So so cool looking together! Where did you find that wedding band? I love it! I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks Jax172! I found it at a local family owned jeweler. It's a five stone EC tcw 2.15 set in 18k WG. Honestly I don't love the profile of the setting but the overall look with my solitaire works together really well. Leon Mege makes a very similar band in a full eternity. On his site it's called the Hamptons band. I loved it and considered myself very lucky to find this smaller version. :))

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
It's unbelievable how white your stone looks! I don't see any tint at all, which is crazy in a square cut. My stone is a k and it has a lot more color for sure. I love your photo sets with the the chess set...really great. I love your set :)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Woofmama your set is really pretty! I've been bitten by the step-cut bug lately and am just loving asschers and ECs. Thanks for sharing your pics w/ us!! :wavey:

loralea

Rough_Rock
I have been to many sites and viewed hundreds of rings. I love emerald cuts and my engagement ring is also an EC. Beyond a doubt, your engagement ring and wedding band ranks up there as one of my favourites. I love the idea of setting it east/west. Beautiful!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
alisonia333 said:
It's unbelievable how white your stone looks! I don't see any tint at all, which is crazy in a square cut. My stone is a k and it has a lot more color for sure. I love your photo sets with the the chess set...really great. I love your set :)

Thank you alisonia! I notice the J color in my .30 studs more than in my much bigger ec. Maybe more facets bring out color. I know fancy yellow diamonds & colored gems are cut with more facets to enhance their color. My DH is an avid chess player so I thought the chess statue was a nice little prop.

Roxy said:
Woofmama your set is really pretty! I've been bitten by the step-cut bug lately and am just loving asschers and ECs. Thanks for sharing your pics w/ us!! :wavey:

Thank you Roxy! I love your oval too! I can only imagine the bling coming off your finger. Step cuts are a much more quiet bling but I find them mesmerizing. I love tilting my hand and watching each step light up. I probably look like a screwball if anyone catches me doing that :twirl:

loralea said:
I have been to many sites and viewed hundreds of rings. I love emerald cuts and my engagement ring is also an EC. Beyond a doubt, your engagement ring and wedding band ranks up there as one of my favourites. I love the idea of setting it east/west. Beautiful!

You are too kind loralea! Spend a bit more time on here and you'll find hundreds more you love :naughty: I'm glad you like my E-W setting. I have always loved unusual pieces. I found the wedding band 1st then the rest just fell into place. You should post your ring in the EC/Asscher thread or start a SMTB. I would love to see it! Here's 24 pages of step cut goodies: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cuts-asschers-a-collection.113993/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cuts-asschers-a-collection.113993/[/URL]

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found your thread again, so thought I would bump it back up to comment! :). Seriously gorgeous set, and I love how it's set a bit higher. I am thinking of this setting for my oval (east-west), and I actually put in a quick call to Kalee to be sure I could have space below like yours. Any issues with keeping it clean? I'm currently contacting vendors and hope to make a decision by next week at this time! My sister lives near the Chicago vendor and is stopping in this afternoon to see and feel for me. :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
KristinTech|1376503177|3502932 said:
I found your thread again, so thought I would bump it back up to comment! :). Seriously gorgeous set, and I love how it's set a bit higher. I am thinking of this setting for my oval (east-west), and I actually put in a quick call to Kalee to be sure I could have space below like yours. Any issues with keeping it clean? I'm currently contacting vendors and hope to make a decision by next week at this time! My sister lives near the Chicago vendor and is stopping in this afternoon to see and feel for me. :)

Thank you! I clean my ring everyday, step cuts are hard to keep looking sparkly so I'm fanatical about it. I have the skinny little brush that comes in the jar of fine jewelry cleaner and am able to scrub up under the diamond with out a problem. I also have a Jewel Jet steam cleaner and clean all of my jewelry about every two weeks with that.

I live in the Chicago area. We went to Steve Quick to see the setting before I committed to it. Took my diamond with and held it over the setting, I tried the one in stock with the princess cut to make sure I liked it. They wanted an outrageous price for the WG, around $1k more than through Pearlmans.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1376530095|3503388 said:

Thank you! I clean my ring everyday, step cuts are hard to keep looking sparkly so I'm fanatical about it. I have the skinny little brush that comes in the jar of fine jewelry cleaner and am able to scrub up under the diamond with out a problem. I also have a Jewel Jet steam cleaner and clean all of my jewelry about every two weeks with that.

I live in the Chicago area. We went to Steve Quick to see the setting before I committed to it. Took my diamond with and held it over the setting, I tried the one in stock with the princess cut to make sure I liked it. They wanted an outrageous price for the WG, around $1k more than through Pearlmans.

My sister went to the Steve Quick on Division yesterday afternoon. Got to try on the setting with a 3 carat RB--how fun! She also tried on a 2mm and 3mm band with it. Such a pretty ring with the swooping sides.

We used to live in the city on Cornelia (Wrigleyville), then moved to Bartlett for almost three years before moving downstate (Bloomington) about 8 years ago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but I sure miss the food! :)

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Off topic - we should do another Chicago GTG so you can share your beauty with an appreciative crowd!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
KristinTech|1376599784|3503971 said:
woofmama|1376530095|3503388 said:

My sister went to the Steve Quick on Division yesterday afternoon. Got to try on the setting with a 3 carat RB--how fun! She also tried on a 2mm and 3mm band with it. Such a pretty ring with the swooping sides.

We used to live in the city on Cornelia (Wrigleyville), then moved to Bartlett for almost three years before moving downstate (Bloomington) about 8 years ago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but I sure miss the food! :)

Wow, I would love to try a 3ct on! I'm guessing she loved it. I grew up in Chicago, far northwest side. And it's true, we Chicagoans sure know how to eat. Pizza, Italian beefs, Mexican, best food anywhere!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
quaddio|1376622313|3504148 said:
Off topic - we should do another Chicago GTG so you can share your beauty with an appreciative crowd!

Quaddio check out the GTG thread in hangout. Meeting next week!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow- Woofmama...

i love what you have done with your set...

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1385640200|3564439 said:
Wow- Woofmama...

i love what you have done with your set...

Thanks Greg! Can't wait to see which band you end up with :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
:read: :read: :read:

:cheeky:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi woofmama, love your set. Your EC band is just amazing.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@woofmama!
Great set!! Congrats on your upgrade!! Love you wedding band!! :love:
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results