shape
carat
color
clarity

EC e-ring redesign!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Its now time to redesign my e-ring and wedding band to sit with my half eternity. I''m leaning towards trillion sidestones. I really like momothree''s ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-sides-for-an-emerald-center.29164/ but can''t seem to find other rings like this beauty.

I was thinking that the trillions would break up the EC overload. I am also going to have a very thin wedding band, almost like a filler ring between my e-ring and eternity.

Any suggestions, ideas welcome.

Po
x

ShinyRingPo3.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here''s UCLABelle''s, which I love! What are the specs of your EC?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love a EC with trillions or traps, but that is a very blingy eternity band you've got there!! I am wondering how your ec with just two side tapered baguettes will look....simple but classic..... I think it will look really gorgeous with that eternity!!!! I did see someone a few weeks ago with an ec with tapered baguette setting, and she had that paired with a huge eternity band (like yours!) except it was made with round stones, and it looked awesome! You have many options, so go with what your heart tells you....

Good luck!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I checked out the link and momofthree''s ring is very pretty. I usually prefer EC diamonds with step cut side stones, though. Have you thought about step cut trap side stones?

I know you said you want to break up all the emerald cuts but I just love a ring with three ECs or a center EC with trap sides! I also love an EC with tapered baguette sides. And if you want to mix up the look more you could always think about doing a pave band on your e-ring (however you decide to reset it) or a pave spacer band for a different kind of bling.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya. My EC is 0.50ctw which is quite wee compared to the bling on here but I''m from Scotland and anything bigger than this is very unusual.

In fact, I made my decision to redesign my current e-ring after a night out with some friends on Friday night. One of my close friends recently got engaged and I hadn''t seen her ring. So she''s all excited showing me her RB 0.40ctw and everyone was ooohing and ahhing at it and I felt very ostentatious sitting with my new shiny ring.....if I''m honest, I didn''t own up to having it at first and kinda covered my hand. I didn''t want to steal her thunder but she noticed it first, couldn''t really miss it actually since it blinds everyone. Strangely, I felt embarassed.....for my bling!!

So, me and hubbie decided to improve what we''ve got and I now feel at peace. I have everything I want in my rings and awaiting delivery of my new EC studs *yay*.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a bag. halo (like gypsy was looking at)? That will make the focus on your e-ring instead of your beautiful band. Also I love bullets with ECs. Or you would set it east-west for a cool, modern look.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you want a change, but I wouldn''t change a thing! I like the uniqueness of your set, plus it makes your center stone look larger... the stones in your band are pretty big and if they were all oriented the same way I don''t know you''d get even remotey as much bang as you do now. The way it is now the stone really pops!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here I really really really suck at this, but maybe someone with far greater skills than my own will do this for ya. Someone who doesn''t make you look like you''ve had skin grafting on your finger LOL

offsetemeraldring.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for trilliants. Just to make it a little different. I really love your set. I have a fondness for EC. I think they are so beautiful, so clear, sorta like royalty.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I started to make this after reading your other post when you were thinking of a princess cut, so that's why there's a princess in the second pic. My point was going to be to keep your centre stone as an EC. But I guess you've already decided that! :)
I hope these help...

Although, I really like your Ering as is! :)

ManyShinyRingsForPo.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am kinda drawn towards the EC with tapered baguettes myself...

70036.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, blingergirl...that is really nice. I really like the 1 and 3 picture.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
And here I only re-orientated your EC on your current ring...Which I really like too!!!

MoreShinyRingsForPo2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess for me it would depend on whether she was upgrading her center stone. it would have to be significantly larger to pull off a traditional setting without it looking like all of the stones are about the same size. I really love the current setting as it looks like one of the stones from her band kinda fell out onto her finger and it looks visually larger than the other stones because of the tilt. I''m curious what the size dif is on the stones.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Blimey!! Thanks for all your hard work and suggestions, now more confused than ever, lol.

Whatever I decide it will be a keeper for now with the intention to upgrade to a larger stone eventually, say in 5 years or whatever.

I''m happy with what I''ve got, but I just know that I''ll have that itch again to go bigger at some point. My wonderful hubbie knows this, so he''s relieved I''m going to work with what I have but knows only too well that I will want to upgrade eventually.

Thanks

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
When I first saw the pic without reading, I thought this was the re-design! It look fabulous as is, I totally agree with Cehrabehra!
It makes the main diamond look like it''s on display....it really does pop!
It''s unique and beautiful, please don''t make it ''blend in''!
I wouldn''t mess with a perfection!

Just my 0.02!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 11:03:03 AM
Author: StarSpun
When I first saw the pic without reading, I thought this was the re-design! It look fabulous as is, I totally agree with Cehrabehra!
It makes the main diamond look like it''s on display....it really does pop!
It''s unique and beautiful, please don''t make it ''blend in''!
I wouldn''t mess with a perfection!

Just my 0.02!
I have to agree with Cehra and StarSpun. Your set is perfect as is! Don''t change a thing - I love it.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Now.........funny thing happened today. I was sitting in my car, roof down, sun shining and looking at my rings whilst stuck in a traffic and I thought to myself.......don''t think I''m ready to change my e-ring.

I''m getting used to the pairing of the straight line eternity ring with the quirkyness of my e-ring and I thought that maybe what I shoud do is have my wedding ring reshaped to be a filler ring.

This is what my original set looked like..........

PoOriginalSet.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 6:00:04 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
I am kinda drawn towards the EC with tapered baguettes myself...
Me too, yummy!!!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad you found what will make you happy. It really is a beautiful set the way it is!!
emteeth.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 1:20:24 AM
Author: blingergrrrl
I am glad you found what will make you happy. It really is a beautiful set the way it is!!
emteeth.gif
how does that saying go? better to love what you have than to have what you love? Its great to find that you really DO love what you have :)

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 4:24:48 PM
Author: Po10472

I''m getting used to the pairing of the straight line eternity ring with the quirkyness of my e-ring and I thought that maybe what I shoud do is have my wedding ring reshaped to be a filler ring.
Love your set the way it is. I personally wouldn''t alter the original wedding band to be a filler ring. I think being able to see your "finger cleavage" is part of what makes your set so unique and helps to put the emphasis on your e-ring stone. To fill that space with metal will detract from the look. However, if you feel you need your e-ring to be a bit more substantial in comparison to your wedding band, perhaps you could have it recast with the entire shank made just a bit wider... Probably not what you are looking to do... just a thought. But honestly - I think it''s gorgeous the way it is!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring Po. Neat redesign ideas.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love your set as it is - glad you''ve decided you''re not ready to change it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results