shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Dream to E-Ring Nightmare in the Diamond District

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Hephephippo this is such an awesome update! So glad that you and your SO were able to quickly reach a resolution with the vendor.

I would advice that instead of taking the rings apart at this time, you use the set as a “travel” set. I would look into WinkCZ and get a princess or other square shape that can fit the existing setting and use it as you please.

Let oooh forward to seeing what you think of your amazing new ACA!

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
wow, I was not expecting this. Yay!!!! Now to stalk your other thread because I wanna see what you bought!

@HappyNewLife i was actually going to be surprised if merchant did not cooperate.

As a side note, i once worked for a large financial institution and did a project on back office operations that included disputes -- so I kinda know the dispute process and the investigations done by the institution. I would be surprised if they didn't find this a real red flag! It was really in vendor's best interest to resolve this.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s wonderful news, so happy for you both that is resolved.
Congratulations on your engagement and all the best in planning for your future wedding.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so glad this worked out for you. You are going to love the Whiteflash ACA. It’s an amazing cut and the price is amazing for what you get.

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Hephephippo this is such an awesome update! So glad that you and your SO were able to quickly reach a resolution with the vendor.

I would advice that instead of taking the rings apart at this time, you use the set as a “travel” set. I would look into WinkCZ and get a princess or other square shape that can fit the existing setting and use it as you please.

Let oooh forward to seeing what you think of your amazing new ACA!

This is a great idea! I can pick a regular stone maybe even a colored gem!!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful News. Your own Christmas miracle! Can't wait to see your new ACA.

I agree on a travel set, but maybe set with something more durable than a CZ like a moissanite -- if you travel a lot.

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wonderful News. Your own Christmas miracle! Can't wait to see your new ACA.

I agree on a travel set, but maybe set with something more durable than a CZ like a moissanite -- if you travel a lot.

Thanks @rockysalamander - we do travel a fair bit so a moissanite does sound like a good option -- ignorant question but do I also find those in jewelry stores?

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes let's stick to natural rocks but thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction! But wait @rockysalamander how about another natural rock that is not as expensive as diamonds ? I would not kind a colored stone for fun!! What is the least expensive colored natural rock?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of affordable options, but they also tend to be more fragile. For a ring you want to last, I usually stick to Sapphire/Ruby/Spinel. Spinel has a good amount of sparkle, as compared to Sapphire/Ruby. IF you don't mind having to replace it periodically, garnets can be affordable and have a good refractive index. Topaz is pretty inexpensive, but I like garnets a bit better.

You can visit the Colored Stone board here for an equally kind and helpful ground to help you find a well-cut stone on a budget.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @Hephephippo I can't wait to see your new ring!!

Go lurk on the colored stones forum. When you're ready, the helpful pricescopers knowledgeable in colored stones can help you find a stone for your pave ring.

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats @Hephephippo I can't wait to see your new ring!!

Go lurk on the colored stones forum. When you're ready, the helpful pricescopers knowledgeable in colored stones can help you find a stone for your pave ring.

I'm excited. I think my SO accidentally found me a new hobby -- hunting for the right gemstones (including diamonds) for our every occasion and milestone!!

M

MTHealthyLiving

Yes let's stick to natural rocks but thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction! But wait @rockysalamander how about another natural rock that is not as expensive as diamonds ? I would not kind a colored stone for fun!! What is the least expensive colored natural rock?

Yogo sapphires are the next hardest natural stones to diamonds, and their natural brilliance requires no heat treatments. However, I think they are more pricey because they are quite rare. They are only mined in Montana.

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have to be very careful of this hobby lol!

I know... SO liked the idea of a "travel" set using sapphire or another colored natural gemstone. So that hunt begins but of course with a far far lesser budget. How quickly this becomes a hobby.. or addiction!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know... SO liked the idea of a "travel" set using sapphire or another colored natural gemstone. So that hunt begins but of course with a far far lesser budget. How quickly this becomes a hobby.. or addiction!

I am glad you both liked the idea of a “travel” set! Can you post a pic of the setting? We might then have a better idea as to what to look for!

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So happy for you and your SO on getting a manageable resolve.:dance:

I live in NYC and would appreciate knowing the vendor.

Thank you! Here's how to find them:

Go to Yelp: type in "Fine Jewelry" and then go to page 3 of the results! It's one of those on page 3.

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That ring has a peg head. Thus, it can be easily changed to the correct head for whatever stone shape or diameter you wish. You are not locked into princess or square.

That's great news! I was wanting a blue stone like a sapphire, will be read more on the colored gems forum after the holidays!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have to be very careful of this hobby lol!

Could not agree more. The closest thing to this for guys is watches and cars. Unfortunately for this guy, I like all three! No wonder my wife rolls her eyes when I start talking to her about all three of those things!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If you would like to have a shiny colored rock, look for a blue zircon. They sparkle nicely, and you can find a few for an affordable price. Just write I’m the Search field blue zircon here on PS, and you are going to find a lot of beautiful rings.

Congratulations to your engagement and to your new ACA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results