shape
carat
color
clarity

E-bay nightmare...any advice???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyHawk

Rough_Rock
M-16 writes: "You know why? Because I can't understand how Marty Haske the expert graded D4ALL's 6.40 X 4.20 as LESS THAN a CARAT while GIA recorded a 1.01 at 5.97 X 4.16 Do you get my drift guys??"

M-16, I think you need to take a look back at the posts on this thread to see that Mr. Marte Haske expertly graded the stone that was listed as 6.10 x 4.10 at .96cts, and expertly graded the stone that was listed as 6.40 x 4.20 as 1.05cts. You should know the correct facts before you go shooting your mouth off at the knowledgeable people that frequent this forum.

M-16

Rough_Rock
LadyHawk:
1. still not close!
2. And how do you explain all the people who said that the cert is wrong because 6.40 x 4.20 can NEVER!!! be 1.25 ???
angryfire.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
If the average 1 ct stone has a diameter of 6.5 mm, then how can a 1.25 ct stone have a diameter of 6.4mm? That would have to be one poorly cut stone!!!

M-16

Rough_Rock
Fanny (or maybe not): I found out from a buddy living in NYC that 34 west 47th street in NYC is the famous diamond center building.
They have tens of dealers in the building and D4ALL and the 2696854343 (ajdiamonds) are in this building as well as 12 other large eBay sellers!!!!!!!
M-16

redsiren

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 10:04:24 PM M-16 wrote:

Demelza: Apology accepted.
joeysdad: You are as bright as the image you have above your name - I said: A Marine honor - not that I am a marine (I wish I was!). They are known to have it (even more than us..)
Now, instead of getting personal (which is an easy way out) just explain and answer me questions.
I am not ashamed to admit when I am wrong nor thank whoever gave me a valuable lesson. But NEVER, EVER BULLSH*T ME!!
I hate Hippocrates and spineless as*holes hiding behind the secrecy of on line forum (like LowGem calling himself Ben Affleck..)

angryfire.gif
----------------

Wait...so you hate physicians as well? FYI: Hippocrates was a greek physician known as the "Father of Medicine."

joeysdad

Rough_Rock
I am ashamed of myself for continuing to respond to this but here goes.
nono.gif

M-16 - Your name on your profile sounds a little too American, and I've never heard anyone from the USA use the term Fanny like you just did. I do however have several British friends who use it all of the time.

ps. you can take shots at me, but leave my dog out of it.
11.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Redsiren - THanks for the correction - and education! I was just going to write the same myself (med student)!

I have been following this link I am very surprised at the new development since I have been out of town. I joined this forum becuase it people here are helpful, informative, and polite. Perhaps M-16 should refrain form posting until his anger abates (and his dislike of physicians is overcome). Maybe we should just not respond to him anymore since he is no longer contributing in a constructive way...

As for D4All - I just had great difficulty with a ring I purchased (from a store). Although we continued to disagree, the jeweler was helpful and civilised with me for the whole five months. He had a stated 7-day return policy but when we could not agree on a resolution to our problem - he offered to return the ring in full. Obviously, I think this was the right thing to do. He felt so, too. I still don't have an e-ring and the moment was ruined but I can start over and he is comfortable with the knowledge that his reputation is no too tarnished. The customer is always right, your policy stated that you would accept a return - you have plenty of other customers - the world over. Move on. And let Dublingirl move on and try to enjoy whatever this ring was meant for. Unless this one transaction will break you...

Teckie

Rough_Rock
Maybe M16 is a clone of D4all... lol

monty2004

Rough_Rock
I agree with Demelza. M16 and d4all make very similar mistakes in syntax and grammer. They are probably the same person. I was also offended by the slight to Hippocrates.
In any case I hope Dublingirl gets her money back.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 7:16:26 PM LawGem wrote:

----------------
On 3/16/2004 6:41:01 PM M-16 wrote:

Does anyone here think Tiffany and the other big fat name retailers will ever let an average guy put his hand on a FULL CARAT at Rappoport MINUS 63% (!!!) like these guys on your hated eBay: 2696854343
What is the trick there? and look at their feedback...
M-16

----------------

What's the trick? That diamond is an absolute dog based on its proportions (69% depth and under 6mm avg. diameter). It's being sold at 63% back because that's what it's worth. You won't find a stone like that at Tiffany or another high-end retailer because a) it has half the brilliance of a well-cut diamond, and b) it will look noticeably smaller than its carat weight, probably equivalent to a well-cut 85 pointer.

I'll repeat what I said before--you have a great deal to learn about diamonds.
----------------

The first thing would be the "Rap Trap" Guide to Buying Diamonds. When a seller whips out the Rap Report run in the other direction!!!
errrr.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a recommendation for M16...check out the BEST WEBSITE ever for diamonds and education.

http://www.diamondcuttersintl.comhttp://www.fredcuellar.com

He is famous for various reasons, even has a great diamond book and if you email him, he will give it to you for free. We love free.

We bow to Fred...maybe after you read the book you too will feel enlightened?

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
D4all and our newly added bullet catcher do indeed have not only the same grammatical errors but the same basic memetic patterns and similar unique corruptions of linear verbal logic.
We would need a whole lot more text from the latter of them before anyone could make a statistically valid analysis, but it would be easier for someone just to compare the logs on thier IP's.

For that matter, it would be easier to forget about this and stupid attempts to muddy the waters about this case entirely.

Wait until it goes to court. This posturing is pointless and obviously isn't going to get Dublingirl her money back. Legal action is.
After it's over, we can discuss returning the ring to D4All in a way as to do the most amount of rectal damage.

M-16

Rough_Rock
I don't understand why do you all jump on me and my writing skills?
I have already admitted publicly that I am a dumb ass when it comes to diamonds (and some other issues), expressed my thoughts and asked for answers.
Now that I cleared that publicly - why not answer my questions and respond to my points?
At least MARA is being constructive and offered some help!
Teckie: "Maybe M16 is a clone of D4all... lol" - I wish I could clone his money and than LOL all the way to the bank as he and his family does. We all talk about diamonds - They DO diamonds.....
Anyone else wants to take a cheap shot at me?

M-16

Rough_Rock
My good Uncle Marty.
Where are you when I need you?

15.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/17/2004 12:06:53 AM M-16 wrote:

At least MARA is being constructive and offered some help!

----------------

Dear M-16. The link Mara gave you was a JOKE!!
2.gif
Just like the author of the information at that website!!
errrr.gif
Fred's a crook who claims all diamonds but his are "Warped".
nono.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 10:34:08 PM M-16 wrote:

LadyHawk:
1. still not close!
2. And how do you explain all the people who said that the cert is wrong because 6.40 x 4.20 can NEVER!!! be 1.25 ???
angryfire.gif
----------------

Here's a link to a very close diamond. 1.23 carat. Take a look at the depth and the diameter.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_23ct_h_si1_h&a.htm

6.98 x 7.0mm diameter and 4.20mm depth. No way can a 6.4mm diameter/4.20mm depth diamond be 1.24 carat unless it has the world's thickest girdle.
1.gif

Teckie

Rough_Rock
M16... relax. It was meant to be a joke.

Anyway no one here (besides you) thinks that d4all is rich and successful and all that. This is the internet, anyone can make up anything. Tomorrow I might be the CEO of DeBeers or whatever. Bottomline is, D4all is behaving like a jackass here and everyone knows that.

I, like majority of the people here, have no vested interest in this matter but we do hope dublingirl gets her money back. Something smells in this whole thing. There's no need to get heated up.
appl.gif

Uncle Marty

Rough_Rock
M16 et al,
I cannot keep writing because I have another life.

I do not know if you and David are one and the same, nor does it matter.
I could, if I wanted to investigate if you are David, it is not important. What is important is that you take a deep breathe and relax.
You sound as if you will get a stroke if this keeps up. Life is worth much more than the alternative.

If David is reading this please understand what is important is saving your integrity. All this bad publicity will not help you to continue to sell anything of value either on e-Bay or on your own website. I am paying 2 different web designers to make up my new websites since I have removed one from e-bay and shortly will remove the other one.
The e-Bay stores and auctions were a much cheaper way to sell all types of rings and jewelry for me. After viewing all the fraud by sellers on that system I no longer want my customers who are my friends to think I am a member of the pack of wolves ready to pounce on buyers. In the past I attended the E-bay school and saw how they praised the super sellers. I and other jewelers that were in CT. asked when was e-Bay going to stop all the fraudulent sales and my questions were disregarded.

They later told me it is not their job to monitor sellers on their website. I should think of them as the telephone company yellow pages. They provide the vehicle but do not research the sellers.

As I said before I also contacted directly the FTC.
As you must know the FTC has jewelry guidelines however there is no penalty for not following the guidelines. So that means that sellers who do not repect the market place and their customers can get away with anything, and they do.

Those of you who continue to look for bargains and find what appears to be bargains, should always remember if it looks too good to be true it generally is not. (did I say that right?)

I was thinking of taking you up on your offer to pay me $19,000 for a diamond that is cut poorly and appears like a .80-.85 ct. Diamond. I am sure I could find it on e-Bay. However what assurance would I get that I would get paid.

Anyway I have better things to do. Have to take care of my wife who is very sick. Have to pack up my house so we can start to move to Georgia where I have my new home standing empty because of all the sickness in my family.

David and M16 there are many more inportant things to do in life.
David even if you are right, that is not the answer. Pay the lady and end this mess. You will feel better and we can all go to sleep.

With love to everyone,
Uncle Marty

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You are a scholar and a gentleman, Uncle Marty.
16.gif
Hope your wife gets better quickly and the move goes smoothly!!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results