shape
carat
color
clarity

Dressed up my solitaire for summer

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To anybody who's still looking at this thread - is there a fav combo? In order from the top I show it with:
5-stone
emerald/diamond band
u-prong eternity
no extra band (although I'd prob put a plain band on there to hold it tightly together)
channel eternity

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant say I have a favorite because I liked it with both the emerald/diamond band and the channel eternity. A plain yellow gold band would be
pretty too.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, @motownmama! I adore emeralds and I think this combo is just delicious! I hope this combo gets an outing every spring, too - emeralds and diamonds and springtime - yum!!

And as for ring combos - I think the 3 stone with the channel set eternity. Just lovely. :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty & Mrs-b: Thank you. I think those are the best combos too. I appreciate the confirmation!!!!!!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it the most with the emerald band.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THX Kindred - I'm going to go with that one for today! :)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea @motownmama I must confess to developing a penchant for a diamond and emerald three stone. It's such a striking look, classic with an Art Deco twist, looks very elegant on you too. How much does it move? Do you think a good bench could nail it so it would give the appearance of a (straight) 3 stone 95% of the time?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4565.jpg I lied and went fora bigger stack after-all! (My hand looks like a claw here!)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meely - I want to address your question accurately. Say more about what you're asking. Define "straight" in your context, pls.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meely - I want to address your question accurately. Say more about what you're asking. Define "straight" in your context, pls.

The emerald wrap being straight to the solitaire.
So do they keep in line or is there enough movement between the two that they look wonky at times?
Or another way of putting it would be does it look like a theee stone all of the time or like a solitaire with a wrap a lot of the time?
Not sure I have explained any better!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thx, Meeley. I'm going to try to explain it in words, then I'll attempt to illustrate it with pics I just took in line at the cash machine. This will prob come out a bit like a stream on consciousness.......
The wrap and the ring fit together like a puzzle. The emeralds have a tiny lip that holds the ER in place; in otherwords, to separate the two, I have to push down on the ER to release it. Can they slip apart? absolutely. My fingers are very skinny at the bottom, but I wear 4.25 to go over my knuckles. The wrap needs some extra width on my finger to hold everything in place which is why I mostly have been wearing it with another band. I wear my rings 24/7, so I'd say maybe it's together 90% of the time when I look down at it (including waking up in the morning). If I've just had my hand in the sink they may easily slip apart. Does it look like a wrap? I think so, but IRL your hand is moving around and I think it's pretty convincing. The wrap and the ER have to be made the exact same size and the wrap needs to fit perfectly over the shank of the ER. The can be achieved by having your actual ring, detailed pics and measurements or a mould of your ER. The side of the wrap that has the band looks better from the side view than the side of the wrap without the band.-(pics will clearly show this) That's also why I like another band over the top. Someone on here had a nice ring wrap with sapphires years ago - I think made by Whiteflash. It was really good, I thought. Long ago I tried on the Tiffany 3 stone with emeralds - they don't make it anymore. I loved it, but knew that was unrealistic for every day given the softness of emeralds. There's on one 1stdibs right now actually, if you want to see one. When my DH made my mom's diamond into a 3-stone for me I chose sapphires for just this reason, and even those I had to have re-polished. I'm HARD on rings. When i bought this, I was in bed Googling/playing around and came across this option on TwoBirches, with the 20% off, free-shipping and return policy. I figured it was worth a try and would scratch the itch. Would I want this as my one and only actual wedding band - no, I would not, but for the price I'm having fun dressing up my solitaire with it for now. If they get chipped I may replace them with emeralds, or tsavorites - IDK. i'm not babying it or worrying about it at all.
Anything I haven't addressed pls ask.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4571.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4573.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4574.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4575.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - those are front, back, top & side - I didn't label them, but I think it's clear.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation and take the photos. That's all really interesting. I think it looks great it's s clever idea I love the versatility. I just looked up the Tiffany ring on 1stdibs it's nice but I prefer the proportions of your larger stone and the smaller emerald sides.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4586.jpg .........and, lastly - 2 plain bands.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are the perfect size for sides! Really pretty!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think all the combos look great! But with a beautiful ring, like yours the center stone really pops out! You have great taste in jewelry!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking time to comment - diamondseeker & tkyasx!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks GREAT and really adds to your fab stacking options.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to my jeweler yesterday. He’s going to get in a few AAA emeralds to possibly switch out.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5237.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Switched to the AAA emeralds

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color! Love! :love: