shape
carat
color
clarity

dress voting time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I went to two weddings recently where dresses you showed were worn -- #1 and #2. Both were beautiful. #2 is definitely original. #1 was beautiful, but personally, it looks a little too much like a cake for me...

#3 or #5 gets my vote!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, you are one lucky gal to have a figure that can literally wear ANYTHING and make IT look fabulous! I agree that you look great in really any of these dresses, however, I also feel that when you find "the dress", YOU will know it...so keep us posted!
emotion-5.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I am against the tide here. I really like #5. Yeah, it''s a popular style, but there is a reason! I think it looks really flattering without being too heavy like in #1.

It seems like everyone likes #3 but I''m not a huge fan of the dropped waist, bc like someone else mentioned, it emphasizes the heaviest area, the hips... but you can def pull it off if you like the look. That gets my second vote.

#1 like many of the others said, doesn''t show off your figure. I think the collar is weird on #2, or I would put that as my first vote, bc the lace looks fab on you. On #4 the sash is kinda too much, or the placement is not as flattering.

Either way, you will look great in anything. And btw, I didn''t get that ''this is the dress'' moment.. it was after a lot of going back and forth and being totally wishy washy that I finally decided on my dress... so don''t think that everyone gets that ''moment''.. I wish I had, woulda made my decision easier, but I never got it!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I have to say that even though I am usually dead-set against dresses like #3, I think it looks fabulous on you!
You have such a great figure that all the dresses look great, though.
I''m curious what you think. Will you tell us now?
31.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, dress number 3 looks the best. You have the perfect figure for it. I wish I had a body like yours!

Edited to add: If you really want to put on a dress and know that it's "the one," just keep looking. I've heard that once the perfect dress is found, all the other dress you try on will look like poop to you. How long until the wedding?

lili

Ideal_Rock
GingerBCookie.

With a body like that, you can definitely pull off any dresses that you like.
All the dresses you tried on are very flattering on you.

Here is my take on the dresses though (and not how it looks on you)
#1 -- fancy, but doesn''t have that sleek look that a bride should wear since the dress looked a bit wrinkled.
#2 -- the lacy material gives this dress a very subdue feel but it has a tendency to make one a bit flat chested.
#3 -- love the long elegant look and how it shows off the hour-glass shaped body really really well.
Would definitely picked this one if there is no sash across the hip. Somehow the sash elongates the torso.
#4 -- guess i really don''t like the sash. This one gives the opposite illusion of making ones torso really short.
#5 -- I''ll have to agree with flopkins and say that this one the best. Timeless and elegant. Body hugging enough to show off the curves.

Hope that helps.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like #5 it''s simple and sophisticated.

PurplePassion

Rough_Rock
All lovely dresses. I vote for #5 the #4.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to go with #5, then #1, then #3. You do look great in all of them though. Keep us posted!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How to decide????? I like #3 the best--but all are quite wonderful on you.

cheers--Sharon

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those dresses are beautiful!

#3 and #5 look so beautiful on you...it''s so hard to pick a style, every one of them is so gorgeous.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i say #3 or #5, i really love the sash in #3
1.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2005 10:26:02 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
dress#1 or others of similar style (i.e. the pickup) -- am slightly worried this style may be to trendy and I'll look back and think -- what was I thinking?!
When we WERE going to have an actual wedding, dress #1 was the one I was actually going to get...so, naturally, dress #1 is my pick.

Jennifer, looks like its just you and me.
9.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
oooooow

they are all pretty, but I vote for #2 and than #4 (i think
5.gif
)

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful yet frustrating decision. You have a lovely figure, so you can wear anything. Having said that, I love #3 on you the best. I think it accentuates all of your positives- bust, tiny waist, perfectly proportioned curves, etc (you have no negatives to hide). It also seems like it would be more manageable when you are dancing and having fun at the reception. The splash of color is also a positive in my book.

If you are still torn, by all means keep trying on dresses until you find the one you love.

Please let us know what you decide
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all theopinions! It really helps me to hear what people think, whether or not I agree. So it seems like #3 is the overwhelmingfavorite! It also happens to be my favorite! I LOVE the droppedwaist look on me, It gives me the hourglass figure that I DO NOT have in reality (I''m actually shaped like a pre-pubescent boy
20.gif
flat as a board with no curves to speak of!). The only thing that is keeping me from buying that dress is YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH IT COSTS. It is actually THE most expensive dress of all the ones shown and although I would be willing to pay the price, it''s hard for me to fork over the amount for what seems to be such a simple dress -- you know what I mean? WHen you look at the dress, it''s hard to see whwere the money is going to (other than the pocket of the designer).

so now to add to the wedding drfess madness, I have fallen in love (by picture only) with a dress that looks at my budget, clutches its belly, and alters between sneering and laughing its @$$ off. I know i shouldn''t even go try it on, (I haven''t yet) but its calling to me and I just HAVE TO KNOW if its THE ONE!!

19.gif
i create my own madness -- at times i feel my life would be that much simpler if someone else ran it
20.gif

oh and the questions
#4 is a lace overlay, not jaquard
if you want to know the designers and dress names, pm me, cuz I don''t know the rules as afar as stuff like that goes on the forum.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Please let us know what the offending, love inspiring, laughing it''s @$$ off dress is. Pictures would be much appreciated. AND... I''m definitely PMing you on your dresses.
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
:) GINGER- You look AWESOME in everydress. I am actually going to go against the popular opinion. I don''t really like #3. I mean its BEAUTIFUL and you do look good in it (you look good in everything) but dropped waist gowns (especially with the big sashes) like that are JUST as trendy as pick-up skirts .. It might be another "what was I thinking" gown..

I really like the two lace dresses, I think I like 4 just a LITTLE better than 2.

I don''t like 5 at all. I personally think #1 looks really nice on you.. but I can see your fear about it being too trendy.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I like number 3, 4, and 5!
Decisions decisions decisions!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger- I vote #3!
They all look amazing on you though. Love the contrast with the sash.

As far as the comments regarding the dropped waist-all it does is flater your already awesome figure!
I think a dropped waist is more of dress cut/style as oppossed to a fad/trend.

#3 followed by #1!

Good Luck!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my oh my--

I just finally tried on dresses today! Seeing you in those dresses makes me just want to run out and try some on again!!
When I saw #3 my jaw dropped. You look so classic and stunning in it. I WANT it (no seriously, who makes it? if you don''t mind me asking) ! I also want your body!! You are lovely!

Seriously Ginger, you could really wear anything, you look so lovely... but #3 blew me away!

Good luck!
Tybee

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee and Kaili I just pmed ya'll!

Tybee! I'm serious, there better be some dresses posted PRONTO!!

The dress that looks at my budget and justs says HAH! is Vera Wangs Millicent. I can't get the pic (cuz its a macromedia thinga ma jiggle on the web and I am technologically dependant on my fiance
20.gif
) but if you go to Vera Wang's site and click bridal, then the Luxe collection and go to #7, its the Millicent. It's a modified mermaid with a touch of tuxedo pleating detail ont eh bodice and waist, princess seaming -- very simple inthe front, but the back is OH SO GORGEOUS!!! Lace up with a hand pleated insert train. ANd the price is listed so ya'll can see why I say it laughs at my self imposed budget
14.gif

I really do love #3 though, I think I would be very comfortable in it, and confident that I look at least decent, which I know help in getting good photographs. I think the sash and color may be a a little trendy, but I think that the lines of the dress are so simple and classic, it will hold up through time. #2 is my second favorite -- it is absolutely EXQUISITE and and with the veil it is OH! I love it and the vintage feel of it (reminds me of Melissa Sue's grandmothers dress which I LOVE) but am afraid it is a bit too much for me, and I don't feel as confident about my body in it. I'll also be wearing a lace overcoat for the morning bhuddist ceremony, and am afraid I'll be too LACED out, y'know? But it is an absolutely stunning dress and I can't quite let it go in my mind yet.

I ahven't found a place that carries millicent yet. I wen to Neimans today and the saleslady was a snotty little beeyotch. She looked down her nose at me and treated me like I was a little girl playing dress up. When I asked for millicent, she told me she didn't have it, but will look it up for me. She went to the back and brought out a litte printout and said here's a picture and said here, I'll give yout the price so you'll know that much -- as if when I saw the price I would fall in a dead faint since I look like I didn't have any money. Now granted, I am a student, independant financially and am not rolling in dough, my fiance and I are paying for our entire wedding, BY OURSELVES, without loans (we refuse to go into debt for this thing). We're good savers and do not live extravagantly and this dress would definitely be a HUGE splurge for us, but WHO IS SHE TO JUDGE ME!!!
29.gif
grrrr! I was so PO'ed!

sigh, I'm off to Saks on Monday to try again -- I have a feeling I'll get the same treatment there.
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Vera Wang IS a gorgeous dress...but I expected more detailing or SOMEthing for over 10K!!!!!!!!!!! I still vote for #3, even after seeing the Vera.
2.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I have been working way too much the last 2 days, and only just saw your pics. Can I still choose? I am part of the minority in saying I love #1 on you, then #2, then #5. I will be really interested to hear what you choose in the end. It''s fun to hear people''s input that''s for sure.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ginger - I got the pics of the Vera dress for you. It IS gorgeous. but 10K is SOOOOOOOOOO much money. You could buy a new CAR for that! Try it on though! Maybe you''ll get lucky and you''ll hate it once you put it on. :)

gingerveradress.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I say try it on just for the fun of it!
31.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
You look like you have a great body in dress number three. Just because the dress looks simple doesn''t mean that it is made simple... it probably has a very expensive material with very fine stitching. Some of the designer dresses are cut better and flow nicer than a cheaper version... I saw this on t.v., I think.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to say this, but I LOVE the Vera Wang- it is my favorite out of her entire collection. Hopefully, for your pocketbook''s sake, you''ll try it on and hate it like Melissa said.
2.gif
It is lovely.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I still like #2&#3 the best. I am sure you would look better in the Vera Wang gown than the model does!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ok....well, my fave is # 4 (did anyone pick number 4)??? After seeing the venue for your wedding, I think it really goes along with the outdoor-garden wedding theme. I love the overlay and the antiquish-look it has to it. The last one is too much, one has long sleeves (you will be way too warm), and the hip-hugging sash just doesnt look right to me.. Of course, you look great in all of the dresses. Hard choice to make! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results