shape
carat
color
clarity

dress voting time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
yup, that''s it! It looked really pretty in the ad, but was only "eh" in person, and even worse on the runway! I didn''t even notice how the back looks like the girls zipper got stuck and won''t zip all the way up!

I''m having an outdoor wedding, evening, so looking to be not super duper formal, but can get away with something more fancy due to the evening bit.

I HAVE YET TO FIND A DRESS I LOVE!!! and its frustrating me. No tears have fallen, no giddy flutteryness, nada, zippo. I kinda have an idea of what I want (strapless, dropped waist, modified/slim A-line, simple, spohisticated and elegant in the front with a back thats KA-BLAM!) but not enough that I can even describe what I want to a seamstress/tailor. All the dresses I tried on that even come close are all so girly and pretty -- which is fine except I don''t want to be girly, y''know? I''m not girly and I want my dress to reflect who I am. Am I making too big a deal out of this?

bleah
40.gif

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
I think Dress #''s 1 & 3 are georgous. Well, all of them are, both
those two are my favorites!
36.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Wait, I''m confused - aren''t all dresses, by nature, girly? Because it''s a dress? LOL. Do you mean frilly/froofy?

Here is a dress that I wish someone would buy or try on and take pics because I love it! Too bad I have too many lumps and bumps to be able to carry this off. I just luuurve that Old Hollywood/Vintage Glam look. Whaddya think Ginger? Is this one too girly???

glamdress.JPG

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Or what about this one?

mssybil.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 12:16:16 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
yup, that''s it! It looked really pretty in the ad, but was only ''eh'' in person, and even worse on the runway! I didn''t even notice how the back looks like the girls zipper got stuck and won''t zip all the way up!

I''m having an outdoor wedding, evening, so looking to be not super duper formal, but can get away with something more fancy due to the evening bit.

I HAVE YET TO FIND A DRESS I LOVE!!! and its frustrating me. No tears have fallen, no giddy flutteryness, nada, zippo. I kinda have an idea of what I want (strapless, dropped waist, modified/slim A-line, simple, spohisticated and elegant in the front with a back thats KA-BLAM!) but not enough that I can even describe what I want to a seamstress/tailor. All the dresses I tried on that even come close are all so girly and pretty -- which is fine except I don''t want to be girly, y''know? I''m not girly and I want my dress to reflect who I am. Am I making too big a deal out of this?

bleah
40.gif
Not at all! This is your wedding day and if you feel the need to try on a thousand dresses to find the right one then by all means go for it. I personally liked the all over lace one and I am uber jealous of you lvoely figure. Have you thought about taking a three day holiday and hitting NYC with appointments at the dress salons? Perhaps then you would have some time to focus and find "the one". I swear finding the dress is as hard as finding the guy from the posts I read. Ya''ll just watch I will end up in blue jeans.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ginger -
How bout something like this...
AV3059.jpg

Alvina Valenta.. Too girly??

Orrrr... this...
d429_big.jpg

Diamond Bride. I''m obsessed with that dress. ALthough it looks super crappy on that model.. its been worn by a few knotties and its GORGEOUS

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh, those are pretty, Melissa! Which knottie has that second one?

Ginger, this one is yummy too - I lurve Lazaro!

lazzzaro.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
MS-
I lOOOOOVE that Diamond Bride Dress! LOOOOVE it!
Ginger--
I love you girl!
I''ve heard that you must cry...so get looking. Perhaps you can''t cry because you look so
gorgeous in every dress you try on! I firmly believe that you will find YOUR dress. There are a few people who have posted here who bought a dress, but then found THE dress and ended up buying two!
Keep showing us what you find.
Tybee

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Dodgergurl- There are a couple knotties. One was Ann&Josh She has awesome wedding pics

There is another one too.. she hasn''t gotten married yet.. but I can''t remember who it was..

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
oh my. The Reem w/the lettuce head and the Diamond Bride Dresses are incredible. Esp the Reem.
4.gif

But then...That knottie looks absolutely amazing.

Melissa Sue...is there a way to do a knottie dress search? How did you know she was wearing that gown? You are the the internet goddess!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
WOW Ginger! You look AMAZING!!!! I adore dress #3 followed very very closely by dress#4.Love the lace look... I''m really liking the idea of changing the sash in #4 to the hip line like #3. VERY VERY nice!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Lovey- I don''t know how I knew what dress she was wearing. Perhaps she posted it at sometime? There isn''t really a way to do a dress search of knotties on the boards. The knot is actually AWFUL to search/navigate. Like I said.. I know there is another knottie wearing that dress, but I can''t find her.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
MS- i''ve said it before an i''ll say it again --- you are an internet goddess!!! I Love both of th dresses you posted, and i agree, looks way better on the knottie than on the model!!! i AM a bit worried about my rear end in those dresses though -- i.e. mine is the quintessential flat asian a$$. no boo-tay to speak of. its a sad sad thing.
3.gif
however, that will not stop me from tying em on!!! I haven''t seen them enywhere though, but next weekend i''m planning a trip to austinn, hoping i''ll have some luck there (the two weddings i was just bm for, both brides found their dresses there)

DG - no, not all fress are girly in my opinion. what i mean by girly is floofy, ruffly, type. i want a more sophisticated elegant feel -- like the dresses you posted! i love those silhouettes!! i am so into that vintage glamour look too!!! thats what i''m hoping to find.

matatora - if i could afford a ticket to nyc (and afford living there for a few days) nothing would stop me from scouring the streets of nyc -- but unless i find me a wedding fairy, i don''t see it happening
8.gif

and so on goes the search -- i''ll try to get pics next time, but not every salon allows it.
20.gif
idiotic, cuz two salons selling the same deigner, one say they don''t care, the other says THE DESIGNER doesn''t allow it. i''m so sick of wedding bs. just say what you mean, we don''t want you taking pics so you can copy the dress or take the pic somewhere else and buy it for less than what we are trying to sell it to ya for.
41.gif

wish me luck girls
9.gif

oh and seriously, if anyone finds a dress that should be mine PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send a heads up my way!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MS- i looove that diamond girl dress. it really does look great on that knottie. hmm, i think my petiteness could pull off something like that!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Ginger,

Can I ask where you went dress shopping? I live in Houston also and was planning on going shopping with a girlfriend of mine, but the shops that I called said we can''t take pictures! I really want to find a gown that I love, take a bunch of pics, and have it custom made (cuz we can''t afford the designer tag)

Thanks!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 12:16:16 PM
Author: gingerBcookie

bleah
40.gif
Ginger- just wanted to chime in on this one. I never got the ''this is the dress'' kinda feeling. And I freagin tried on so many dresses i got tired of dress shopping!
6.gif

So. Not EVERYONE just ''knows'' it''s the dress. I decided on my dress after a lot of debating between two dresses. (And I have yet to order it! Ack!)

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ginger....It''s been a looooooooooooong time since I''ve visited PS, just so busy with school, work, and wedding plans, not to mention the fact that my internet almost never works these days for some reason. I just popped on today to see what everyone was up to and saw that you, like me, drooled over Vera Wang''s incredible Millicent. I actually went to the Vera Wang boutique because of that very dress (not that I could afford 10K but it peaked my interest.) They ended up telling me when I went to come back in two weeks cause they were having a trunk show with the brand new line.....well, I went back on the day of the trunk show, not thinking much of it cause you have to buy the dress that day (since it''s her brand new line that''s not even out yet.) Well, turns out that I found a dress that''s very reminiscent of Millicent and I think much prettier. I had been having the same problem as you....lots of dresses that I liked but no bells and no singing angels........until I put on this dress. I knew immediately and bought it that day. If you want, I can email you a picture of me in it. I am being very possessive of it right now
emsmilep.gif
and I don''t want to post it online (I am keeping it a secret from my friends and family.) I don''t know what your budget is....I think that it was fairly reasonable for a Vera Wang. It still wasn''t inexpensive but it certainly wasn''t 10K. I think that it''s everything you said you wanted...elegant, sophisticated and not too frilly. Let me know if your interested in seeing it........

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to mention that there''s a trunk show at the Vera Wang boutique in Houston August 11-13 which is why I thought it could be a good option....

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
psuheather - yes please!!!! i just pmed you with my e-mail addy! i''m excited! it sounds gorgeous!

flopkins - thanks for the heads up. I''m hoping o have the tears and all that (although I can''t imagine it happening to me) but now at least I won''t feel like i''m abnormal or that it can''t be the right dress without tears!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I went dress shopping in Austin this past weekend. A few new contenders popped up, so it was semi productive trip -- in that i did find dresses i like (ALOT), but no lightning yet (still hoping for it, but not totally counting on it). But i am really no closer to picking one. Geez, was it this hard with the ring?! probably, i be t i''ve just mentallyerased the fuss and remeber the angels singing hallelujah when i picked THE RING. heehhee
20.gif
. anyway -- big discovery

DRESSES ARE WAY CHEAPER IN AUSTIN THAN HOUSTON

One of the dresses I was consdering in houston -- $2600 austin same dress -- $2185.
6.gif

I was shocked at the mark up! i am definitely buying in austin, but besides that, i mean i knew there was price gouging in the wedding industry, but the amount is just mind boggling, and a little upsetting to find out. GAH!

anyways, i did take along a camera so pics to follow!!!

oh, except one place didn''t allow pics, which happened to have a dress that may be the op contender, however since i don''t perfectly remeber it, its glory is fading. i can''t seem to find pics online either so

MELISSASUE! oh goddess of the internet, i beseech you to use youe incredilble prowess to search the virtual wedding world and hopefull find the dress?
3.gif
If you have time?
5.gif
Its a rivini, satiny, sheathy/modified mermaid, with beading at the empire waist, spaghetti straps, and the back has buttons down to the knee with a broach thingie at the end with the train flowing out from there. oh and I tried to find that diamond bride dress. the website said it was discontinued, but i tried on one very similar from alfred sung. very beautiful, but there was some awkwardness it where the lace and the dress met at the bottom that i wasn''t crazy about. loved the design though!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ok tons of pics to follow. here''s melissa sweet honey frontview. i lve the bodice, very flattering, the organza overlay is nice, its a textured fabric and is floaty and makes it feel garden-y. very very simple, and i found a sample close to my size selling for almost half price. looks very pretty with a veil and is the most cost effiecient option.

honeyfront1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
back view - very simple train

honeyback1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
another lace dress -- i like the bodice, its different from all the others, and enhances the little boobage i have
emwink.gif
so thats a plus! its a jenny lee.

jllacefront1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the back. i think the train is really pretty, and the lining is of charmeuse,feels like butter -- absolutely luscious!

jllaceback1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
this is my bms favorite - vey simple bodice with an elaborately draped skirt. the angle of the pic here isn''t too flattering, looked beter in person. the material is very nice, a shimmery but not too shiny satin. also jenny lee-- she''s got some really nice stuff!

jlpickupback1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ooops! that was the back, here''s the front! the back is gorgeous, nice pickups, dramatic.

jlpickupfront1.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
here's the close up bodice of the reem goodluck dress that i love (this is the green model dress for those confused -- lettuce head i believe ya'll deemed her?)

goodluckdetail1.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
yummy back detail!

goodluckback1.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the reem i''m excited to try on

adored.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i love the narrow but still dramatic skirt!

adoredback1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results