shape
carat
color
clarity

dress voting time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i still have a lot of time, but i kinda want to start focusing on my dress -- so opinions greatly appreciated!

These are my top choices, of which i have my top faves, but I''m not gonna tell ya -- don''t wanna sway the vote
emwink.gif
!

I think tha I still have many more dresses to try on, any suggestions are welcomed -- I have yet to find "THE" dress, still feeling unsettled so bridal boutiques, here I come!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
dress#1 or others of similar style (i.e. the pickup) -- am slightly worried this style may be to trendy and I''ll look back and think -- what was I thinking?!

jmacoll.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
dress#2 -- please ignore the black bra!

mlcalcoll.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
sigh...this is getting kinda frustrating!! i just wanna put on a dress and KNOW its the one!!! gahh!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
sigh...this is getting kinda frustrating!! i just wanna put on a dress and KNOW its the one!!! gahh!!!

elephant

Shiny_Rock
GBC: ok, I agree with your assessment of 1. My fav is 3, followed closely by 4. I think it really depends on how they look on you! Oh wait. I just realized that IS you!! Hahaha. Well, then my fav., by far is #3!! I hope that helps!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Wow.. I like dress number 3.. you have the perfect body for it.. It is just elegant and classic... That is my favorite!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Number three is the prettiest of all the gowns. With your body type, you can wear any style of dress, so keep trying them on!! The bulkier gowns, such as number one don''t show off your figure.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
The number one dress is wearing you instead of the other way around... that was what I was trying to say before. You look great in all the other more slim fitting dresses.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OK--I am going to dissent.
2.gif

I love #1--I am a foufou girl, though, but it is just so luscious looking...My next favorite is #2--totally different look but a STUNNING and sophisticated dress.

I actually don''t like the hip thingy in #3--as svelte as you are it isn''t flattering IMO.

In essence, they are all very lovely dresses but #s 1 & 2 are, to me, the best.
1.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes 3, 4, then 2. However, bear in mind that I am extremely biased, being that I instantly fall in love with every wedding gown with lace overlay that I see!

You may be the only person on earth who could pull off dress number 3 without looking "hippy."

I agree that number 1 appears to be wearing you. The last one feels like I have seen many times before. The others are more unique and all look fantastic on you!

BTW Who makes dress number 4? I need to add that designer to my list of "must-check-out-when-boy-soon-arrives!"

Sorry, ETA...Number 2 does make you look as though you are from another time. (In a good way!) If you are an antique loving, sometimes wish you were born in another time kind of woman, I vote for number 2.

Munchkin

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I do agree that the hip thing does look funny. It is sitting too low. I love the color and the idea of it, but I think it would look much better if it went around the waist.

When I was looking for wedding dresses, I really liked the ones that are layered in the skirt... but my mama ruined it by saying that I looked like a Christmas tree!!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
You look amazing in all of them, but I love the way you look in #2 followed by #3.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
hello!

I vote for #4 or #5. I think you look AMAZING in all the dresses but 4 and 5 are just so classic....especially number 5.

In terms of looking back and saying "what was i thinking?!" I think you will love in it 20 something years even if it became out of style because it was YOUR wedding dress
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Even though, I love lace all over dress. I like #3 best on you. I think that the sash on the two lace dresses is too high on the waist that it makes you torso looks short. And I agree with you about the pick up gown too, looking back it might look silly and dated instead of classic. Plus it doesn''t show off your perfect figure.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, you look sooooo good in those slinky, form-fitting dresses! I agree, #1 just doesn''t show off your great figure as it should. I really love 3, and I also really like 2 and 4. 5 is nice, but I really like the lacy/champagne colored accent stuff on you.

You look gorgeous!!! :)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for # 3 all the way. Followed very distantly by #5, #4, #2, #1.

#3 Shows off your gorgeous figure, and looks like a contemporary medieval dress if that makes any sense. The drop waist balances you nicely- emphazing your curves instead of hiding them. Just sleek enough to look SEXY, and not so plain that you look past it.

#5 is nice on your figure and nicely shows your shoulders, but it s very similar to so many other dresses- I feel ifyou can pull off something different you should run with it.

#4 is beautiful, but I feel that the width and location of the sash overtake your delicate figure. All I see when I look at it is the sash, and lose you...

#2 is also beatiful, but I feel it is too busy- ruffles and sashes and lace again sort of overwhleming your petiteness.

#1 is just too much i feel.

So, #3 i think does a good job of not overwhelming you, while also being unique, young (not little girlie), and sexy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fave is #3, then 4, then 5. Somebody really likes the Monique Lhullier sash look, huh???
2.gif
30.gif
It''s not like any of them look bad on you!!! I do have to say that there''s something about #2 I just don''t like....but I can''t put my finger on it.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well, you have an insane figure and can wear ANYTHING!!

I have to say that even though my gut says #2 b/c I love that lace look, you just look phenomenal in #3. I mean, you look SO GORGEOUS in it.

I like pick-ups, but #1 doesn''t wow me. #5 is a little ordinary, and I''d like #4 more if it looked more like a lace overlay and less like a jacard/patterned fabric (might just be the photo?)

SO...you can''t go WRONG b/c you will look amazing in any dress, but I''d say 3, then 2.

(And....if you haven''t felt like you''ve found IT, then maybe you haven''t??)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Ginger, you look incredible in all of those dresses! I hope one day I have the same difficult situation to make
1.gif

Well, I LOVE dresses with a touch of color, I like that #3 shakes it up a bit with the sash around the hips instead of the waist. Unlike some people wehre that would just make them look huge, you TOTALLY pull it off!

That is followed by #4. I just think it looks like an updated classic, like I said I love the touches of color.

Numbers 1 and 5 are sort of plain looking, I guess I can''t see the detail as well, maybe I''d have a different impression in person.

#2 is probably my least favorite of your choices though.

Have fun with your dress shopping. Show us lots of pictures when you decide!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
ooohhhhh pretty!!!!! Dress 3 and Dress 4 are my faves!!! But they are all gorgeous, good luck picking!!!

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
My comments are exactly those of BlueRoses -- number 3 is stunning, but i actually really like the flowy sexy look of number 2 -- it would help to see it closer up, but i liked what i saw from a distant. 3 is sassy yet elegant, i don''t think you could go wrong, you look awesome!! Keep us posted!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Gingercookie--You lucky girl. You have the figure most of the rest of us can only dream about! That being said, I don''t think any of the dresses are perfect for you. I do agree that you can wear the more streamlined dresses well because of your figure, but you''d probably look equally wonderful in the right "poofy" dress too. When I look at the pictures there are pieces of each of them that are right--but none of them come together for me and say, WOW! You even said so yourself "I think that I still have many more dresses to try on, any suggestions are welcomed -- I have yet to find "THE" dress, still feeling unsettled so bridal boutiques, here I come!!

I''m a firm believer that when you find the right dress you''ll know. It will just sing to you somehow. Since you have lots of time, you should keep looking until you find "THE" dress.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ginger, i think i am with the girls who think you should wear something a bit more form fitting than #1. you have an amazing body, seriously, and i think you are the only person i have ever seen that could pull off #3 perfectly
3.gif
that''s my top choice, followed by #4. but it seems like you probably haven''t found IT yet, so keep looking! you''re going to look amazing
36.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I like #5 best. I''m personally not a fan of two-color dresses, even if the second color is just a sash. That looks trendy.

I like the way #5 hangs - it''s romantic but not as billowy as #1, if that makes sense.

They all look beautiful on you BTW.

If none of these are screaming to you that this is THE DRESS then I would keep looking. I never had a dress that screamed at me so I wound up "settling" for something that I thought would look great. Looking back, that is probably the one thing I would change about my wedding - my dress! I had my dress custom made which was worse so I never got a chance to try the exact dress on until a week before the wedding and by then it was too late.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Wow... you do have a gorgeous figure(!!), so ultimately, any dress will look fabulous!!! However I am going to go against the general tide and say fairly bluntly that I think dress #3 is all wrong. It is in no way flattering to have the focal point of the dress (ie the sash) at the widest part of you - *regardless* that the widest part of you is still probably skinnier than the thinnest part of me!!!!

Out of these options, I like #5 - simple but elegant, and the flowers and jewellry would complement it. But that''s just my humble opinion. Best of luck!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I think #3 looks best, most flattering on you. I really like # 5 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results