shape
carat
color
clarity

dress voting time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I just realized that dress #2 doesn''t have long sleeves...it just looked like it had sheer sleeves in the pic to me (I am thinking I may need glasses) but I still vote #4!!!!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to go against the tide here and vote for #1, then #4. I think that 1 is actually quite a lovely style and because there is nothing else besides the pickups going on I don''t find it to be too much. That said, I''m sure you will look wonderful in whatever you choose. BTW, the Millicent looks to me like the degree of the bottom part of the mermaid part (if that makes sense - I''m talking about how much it flares out and how high the flare starts) could be too much and kind of overwhelming on a petite person like yourself. Just a thought...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are 3 and 4. I love lace, and I think it would be pefect for a garden wedding.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am chiming in late to say that I love #3. An earlier post mentioned that the sash focused attention on the "widest" part of your body. But on you this is a good thing. I think the sash is really a great adornment in this case because it accentuates your frame. I love it!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for #1...I LOVE IT. A close second is #3. The dropped waist is flattering and elegant.

Post pics again after the next shopping trip for more votes--this is FUN!
36.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and vote for #3 followed by #2

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that at first I thought #3 all the way but then I clicked your link to that Vera Wang Millicent and I thought, "Oh, that has a nice shapely bell shape to the bottom, looks like it would swoosh when you walk. Very elegant and form fitting and classic yet modern." Then I clicked the view from the back side and my lip started to quiver. Yowsa
30.gif
Here''s hoping that it doesn''t fit like you thought or that you win the little lotto in your state
2.gif
Otherwise, if you must make the purchase, you''ll be the most beautiful bride to every wear that dress
13.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Not late at all!! I am still smack int he middle of dress finding angst
19.gif
This is worse than when I was searching for the perfect setting!!!! Unfortunately I have much less confidence in seamstresses vs Leon or else I would go custom as well
40.gif

Right now i''m playing with the idea of dress #4 except placing the sash around my hips to give the dame look as #3 -- with the sash being white organza like maerial, very soft and floaty -- thoughts?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I found a pic in the newest matha stewart wedding of exactly what I was describing! It''s a melissa sweet lace strapless with sash -- so pretty!! CAn''t find the pic online though. But I did find pics of two reems that are DREAMY!! I have appts at Saks and priscilla tomorrow so hopefull I''ll be able to try on all of the above plus vera!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
yum! love the train

reem acra lush.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
reem acra beading is to die for!!!

reem acra adored.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #3. Just because I think you are one of the very few who could pull that low sash off so beautifully!!! It''s awesome!!! I vote for #2 next in line. I hope you have fun at your next shopping adventure and that for your checkbook''s sake the Vera does not turn out as nice! LOL. I know what you mean about loving the train of the dress though. When I went, every dress I tried on was like "ehhh". Then I tried on two that I liked. One was like, "ooooh". Then I looked down and behind me at the train and I was like, "Ohmigosh, this is THE ONE." I totally felt beautiful and bride-y!!! It was awesome!
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Woah...now, those Reem Acra gowns are gorgeous...Take some pics in those at your Saks appointment! Do you know if they have Vera''s Millicent for you to try on?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ginger- those reems are REALLY pretty.. but I feel like they might be too much dress for you?! I don''t know if I''m saying that right.. They just have so much detail and stuff to them.. it seems like you belong is something alittle more simple

What is the Melissa Sweet dress you speak of? There is a new martha stewart weddings? I must have it! I''m so not up on my magazines!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Those dresses are beautiful!!! I am a big fan of silk/satin dresses....

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock

Some additional thoughts:

The only ones I liked on you were (in order): #3, #2, Millicent. I didn''t really like any of the others.

I love, love, love #3 on you because it makes you look long, lean, and curvy - basically it makes you look like a runway model. I totally thought you really were curvy then you mentioned that it was the dress that made you look curvy when in normal clothes you are very thin so that was also a big plus in my book. IMHO, any clothing that makes you look sexier/curvier than you really are without making you look fat is a winner. LOL! And the train was full without overpowering your frame. Plus, the low placement of the sash is very different from other dresses I''ve seen - also a big plus in my book (see my comment for why I dislike #1 below).

#2 was my second choice on you because I think it still gives you the curvy look, but I''m not crazy about the collar ruffles. Maybe it looks better in person though. However, I love the train, the lace, and the romantic look that it has.

I like the front of the Millicent but the back is a little much for me. Like Melissa said, you want to wear the dress not have the dress wear you. Also, personally there are other things I''d rather spend $10,000 on instead of a dress I will only wear once - a car, down payment on a house, etc. (Not judging you or anything, if you want to, go for it but I was just simply stating my preferences.)

5.gif

I didn''t like #1 because it reminds me of a cake. Also, this style is so popular right now. My personality is one who likes to be different from everyone. If you don''t mind having the same dress as a lot of other girls, and you just love the way it looks on you, then no problem! :)

Dress #4 was just kind of "Ehhhh." You mentioned possibly placing the sash lower, but I just don''t think it would look right. Although, I guess it doesn''t hurt to try.

I liked the shape of #5 but I think it looked too plain to me. No beading, no lace, nothing. Too plain.

Opposite are the Reem Acras, which I think have too much beading. LOL! (But again, this is probably just my personal preference coming into play). Also, we have no clue how these dresses might look on you actually.

Also, what state are you in that you can take pictures of yourself trying dresses on? All the ones here in Southern CA wouldn''t let me take pics!!!

7.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i loooooove the reem acra dresses. but being quite petite, could never pull them off. but i can still look and dream.

ginger- are you going to post more pictures after you go shopping this weekend?
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
So I went and got the new martha stewart weddings last night.. (as well as two other mags). I''m pretty sure that the melissa sweet dress from the ad (both of them actually) is just Hallie (my original dream dress) with a sash added. I had seen it once before with a sash added. I see what you mean now about the lowered sash. Its very pretty.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

Hi girls! I''m just got back from dress shopping and I was having fun!!! The past few times I was getting so frustrated about not finding ANYHTHING I liked that it seemed more a chore than fun. Anyway, heres my report:

Saks - I tried on the first Reem with the GORGEOUS train and it is FABOLOUS!!! The waist is dropped and was very flattering on me, gave me the same figure as #3. The train was a work of art, and is even prettier bustled. The price tag, however, is
38.gif
boooo....... But I also tried on another Reem(attached below), The beading was BEEYOOTIFULL, it was a strapless, A-''line, dropped waist, the front of the skirt was a smooth A-line, but the back had these gorgeous pickups can’t find pic!) - it was the best of two worlds! It had the gorgeous pickups in the back, which I love, but not in the front, which usually overwhelms me. And the price was better than the first reem.

icekid - i''m 5''6 and relatively small and I don''t think the reems overwhelmed me at all -- as long as I stuck with the A-lines and not the full ball gowns! Don''t be afraid to try ''em! Unless you''re afraid you''ll love it and can''t afford it! Then I recommend not trying them because, oh, the gowns are luscious!

goodluckjp.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Priscilla of Boston/Melissa Sweet - I tried on Hallie, VERY pretty, but honestly, nobody does lace quite like Monique and once you go Monique lace, its hard to go anywhere else! I found two dresses I really like. 2nd choice is Jewel -- a V-neck, very thirties style dress (minus the tassels if anyone has seen this dress!) - Sooooooooo pretty!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that glamorous vintage look!!!!! And the other dress I like was Honey -- very simple, strapless, A-line, with a pleat at the neckline, textured organza overlay, slightly gathered to the side. Very soft, romantic and garden weddingy -- girly, but not too much so! The price -- least expensive dress that I like
20.gif
. I hate Melissa Sweet''s website--it sucks!! I can''t find any pics!! Here’s one I found from another bride selling her old dress.

MelissaSue - The dress with the sash is actually calle Sadie, is also very pretty! The lace pattern isn''t quite as nice as Hallie though.

honey2.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
a very simple dress with very sweet details

honey4.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
That''s awesome, date triplet!
35.gif
I''m glad you found a couple that you really liked!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Although, I don't think that I will ever understand the high fashion world. Why on earth would you put this green sweater on such a beautiful gown? And is that a piece of lettuce attached to the back of her head? No, wait - I know, it's a frog foot!!! ROTFL!!!!!!!!!! Oy ve, I think I need to go to bed - it is way past my bedtime and the delirium is starting to set in. LOL.
41.gif

froggie.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh i looooove that reem acra w/ the weird green sweater thing. though i am sure it is pricey!

what dress are you leaning toward now ginger?? i really do love the dropped waist look on you..

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger,
I prefer the pictures of YOU in the dress to the models! Show us show us show us! From now on you are not allowed to go dress shopping without a photographer!
Dodger Gurl, we''re still waiting for pictures of your dress, right? Or did I miss that somewhere?
Happy Fourth of July everyone!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
that Reem dress (minus the green sweater and lettuce/frog foot in the hair) is absolutely gorgeous!!!! No pics of you in it?!?!
emcry.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Before I vote, where are you having your wedding, what time of day and what time of year? I think those three questions would heavily influence the style of dress you would want. JMO

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
0403_13_f.jpg

Ginger - Is this the sadie dress? I think it might be. Its from modern bride, they have the runway show pics back to fall 04

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
0403_13_d.jpg

0403_13_b.jpg

A few more pics.. I don''t know if i love the back.

I can''t find any pics of the other dresses you were talking about (honey and jewel)but maybe you can if you go there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results