shape
carat
color
clarity

dress voting time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ok -- so theres the update. opinions welcomed/seeked/greatly appreciated!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and here''s how the jenny lee pickup dress should look.

jlpickupmodel1.JPG

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! You look phenomenal in everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them all... I really love the Jenny Lee dress, but maybe because I''ve been eyeing it myself and loved seeing a real person wearing it (although I think you look better in clothes than most models!!!). The Reem is stunning ~ I''m with you on the skirt, it''s so dramatic without being fluffy!! And the first one looked beautiful as well. I love how simple and clean the lines are and you definitely have the figure to pull that off with grace and style!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
ginger, all the dresses look great on you. I think the Jenny Lee is my favorite though. It looks just beautiful.

I never thought I was into beading but I am loving the Reem dresses more and more and that was probably my 2nd fav on you. It's beautiful too!

36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I guess I should clarify that I was talking about the lace Jenny Lee dress, although the other one looks perfect as well, just 2 totally different styles. There was a BEEYOOTIFUL Jenny Lee in a mag I just got, but I don''t know which one it was (tore out the page to put in ''ideas'' notebook) and I haven''t seen it online yet but it is gorgeous... Again, I think they all look just fabulous on you!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger,
My comments will be useless to you, but no wonder you are having such
difficulty, YOU LOOK GREAT IN EVERYTHING!
Seriously! You cannot go wrong!
I love the simplicity of the Melissa Sweet dress.
But I''ve loved everything you''ve put on.
I talked to a woman who owned a bridal shop yesterday who told me that
sometimes there aren''t fireworks when you find the dress, just like
sometimes there aren''t when you meet your true love the first time,
but after time you realize you love them.
Don''t know if that helps you, but I know that I was looking for fireworks when
trying on dresses and was sad that they hadn''t happened yet.
Thanks for showing us the pictures. I love them!
Tybee

rms

Brilliant_Rock
ginger,
you look absolutely fabulous in every dress. If I had to tell you which was my favorite on you, I actually really like the Reem dress (aka lettuce head dress) on you. Gorgeous!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OKay. I am on the case for that Rivini. I''ll work on it.. but that lace Jenny Lee dress, Thats one of my fave droolworthy dresses of all time. I have drooled over it from the moment i first saw it in a magazine and it looks phenomenal on you. Its definely my favorite of the ones you posted. I really like the Reen "adored" though too. There was a knottie with that dress and it looked really spectacular. I like the Reem good luck too.. but it sort of seems like EVERYONE wears that dress, ever since it was on the cover of the knot magazine a year ago.
The second Jenny Lee you posted is also being worn by a knottie her name is AkiGirl, I believe.. if you''re interested.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay.. I''m not having great luck.. I am not sure this even matches your description, but its the closest I''ve come so far.

RIVINI_DRESSD_L.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK, first of all, you look amazing in all the dresses! Your best bet is to keep your wedding "image" in mind and keep trying on dresses!

I tried on a beautiful couture gown, strapless, mermaid/sheath, sweep train, silk, with no embellishments. It was pure, classic elegance, and unfortunately had the pricetag to prove it... I''ll see if I can fish up a picture or the designer''s name for you.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ginger- i like both of the jenny lees. the lace one really does enhance the boobage... and I think it falls really beautifully on you. but the cleavage on it- I dunos, I''m not sure I personally would feel comfy w/that on my wedding day, but thats just MHO, and you can decide how you feel about it. the other jenny lee is luscious ... love the pickups in the back!!

like the others have said, you can''t go wrong w/any of them!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Its so hard to comment, because all of them look so great on you....however, the lace Jenny Lee is FABULOUS on you! I know ultimately it''ll come down to how you feel and not what we say online, but you sure are lucky that you have the problem that SO MANY dresses are flattering on you! I really hope you find *the one* soon though. Do you think you can find the Rivini in Houston to refresh your memory since you loved it so much in Austin? Those prices were pretty significant, I''d definitely buy in Austin!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
seriously ginger, what a tough choice! they''re all amazing. i guess it really depends on what kind of look you want- lacey, a little more poufy/princessy, ornate... you just cannot go wrong! i can''t wait to see what you choose
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love the lace jenny lee its my favorite! Where did you try it on at? Also what shops did you go to in Austin?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
melissasue - you are such a sweetheart! thats not the right dress, but thanks for trying! i think i found the style number - #8685, but i''m not sure if thats the bridal salon # or if its an official rivini #. oh! and i wanted to tell you, i was browsing through some knottie bios and under one of the sheath bios it had a pic of you in your dress! i got so excited i was like "i know her!" lol...i felt like you were famous! i''m such a dork.
41.gif

JCJD - that would be great if you could find the pic/designer/name for me! it sounds beautiful! btw, i love your wedding pics, you two are so adorable!!! congrats on your legalness too!!!

appletini - i went to FIVE shops that day! one of my bms was recently married and has the austin wedding vendors DOWN. I called her on a wed night complaining and whining and she said come to austin, i said ok, and before noon on thurs she had five appts ready for me with an itinerary including lunch and post shopping beer! lol. she''s fab, i keep telling her she should start a wedding planner business on the side, i would hire her in 3 seconds flat. i don''t have the names of the shops with me, but pm me and i''ll send them to you when i get home.

Everyone on here has been soo terrific. I love reading your comments, it really does help me sort through my own thoughts on the dress. You ladies have been so patient and helpful trough all this, i hope ya''ll fon''t get tired of this wedding dress nuttiness i''m dragging ya''ll through! I totally get excited posting the dresses here and getting ya''lls thoughts! It''s become part of my post shopping wind-down and the start of my post shopping re-hash routine!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to sway from the crowds here...

I like the Reem the best for a number of reasons...

1. You''re going to spend a sizeable chunk of change on the dress. I think that nothing says "opulence" like a Reem and if you''re going to spend a small fortune on a dress, you should look like you did, darn it! Seriously though--I think the detailing of the beading, the cuts of the dress, etc.--I think it makes everything else look ho-hum.

2. I tried on the Jenny Lee with the pickup skirt myself. It was gorgeous. The workmanship was fantastic. If you moved in a certain way, the style of the bustling on the skirt made it look like you have antennae coming out of your heiny. It''s a great dress, but you have to be really careful.

I know everyone else seems to like the Jenny Lees, but I for one, will be highly disappointed if you don''t go with a Reem!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 102px">Date: 7/19/2005 12:03:00 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
melissasue - you are such a sweetheart! thats not the right dress, but thanks for trying! i think i found the style number - #8685, but i''m not sure if thats the bridal salon # or if its an official rivini #. oh! and i wanted to tell you, i was browsing through some knottie bios and under one of the sheath bios it had a pic of you in your dress! i got so excited i was like ''i know her!'' lol...i felt like you were famous! i''m such a dork.
41.gif
Ginger- you are so cute. I didn''t think it was the right dresss.. When I was searching last night, it looked like there are a lot of Rivini dresses that people can''t find pics of.. I think that a lot of them have "names".. so perhaps the style number is a salon #.

hehe.. yes.. I am in the sheath bio. I am also in the lace gown bio.. :) My one BM who is also getting married also came across my pic in one of those bios and said basically the same thing.. hehe.. maybe SOME day I will be a famous knottie.. like one of those who all the girls have pics from their wedding.. Pretty sad that that is my aspiration..

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
5.gif
Thanks ginger!

Here''s the closest I can find so far. "Bianca" by Mon Cheri. Imagine this with no embellishment.
18.gif

mc25296sm.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
"Paige" by Augusta Jones
paige_large.jpg

"Theresa"
teresa_large.jpg

back view
teresa_details.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
The silouette is more similar to the Theresa with Paige''s bodice (not swept to 1 side, but gathered all the way around the bodice - very slimming, not that you need it!!) with the Bianca train.... if that makes any sense.

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
First I must say you look fabulous in all your choices. My favorite is #2 then #4 but what ever your choice may be i'm sure you will look great.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the Jenny Lee lace dress, or for dress #4 -- which is Noel by Monique Lhuillier. I wore that dress to my wedding -- I wore the gold sash during the ceremony and switched it out for a sage sash for the reception!!!

What''s even stranger is that I bought it on the same store where you tried it on, if I''m not mistaken -- Louise Blum. It''s like the twilight zone here!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginger, not to sound funny but it is almost too hard when you look so awesome in literally everything...you can wear a sack and look amazing. I have a friend who got SO frustrated and upset when dress shopping. She tried on tons, and nothing she even liked was under 5000.00. She then decided that for a dress she was wearing a few hours, special though it was, that was just too silly, so she went to one of the very high end rental places, rented a dress that was stunning, saved a huge anount of money and was happy in the long run. I tend to be more sentimental, would not want someone else''s karma, also would want to preserve it to give to my daughter or daughter in law (if they would want it after all those years...but anyway, there are people who would do that to save the headache. I do agree that not everyone feels the zings and zaps, but just has to decide and picks the best one of the lot. I will now weigh in that I love the Reem without the cardigan on it!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ginger - I found this dress today while I was looking at the website of the desinger of my dress (symphony) and I thought of you immediately.. I just LOVE this dress.

3614_F.jpg

3614_B.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, You look amazing in all the dresses you posted, but my personal favorite is the lacy Jenny Lee
30.gif
HOT MAMA!

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Wow, as the other ladies have said you look great in everything that you have posted! I am curious though, are you the type of person that normally cries at special occasions? You may not need tears to tell you which dress is the one. You should just feel like a bride, you could see yourself walking down the isle in that dress towards this man that has made you so happy. I''d say stick to one shop where you found several that you REALLY like and then just narrow it down from there.
A side note about price differences: In bigger citys you have to pay more rent, just about more everything so the shops have to mark up higher to cover these things and still make some kind of profit. So if you find the dress you want and then can get thru a smaller town shop it will be even less!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
the lacy jenny dress is lovely

BUT

the REEM lettuce head gown (sans cardigan) is mind blowingly ...mind blowing

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are all beautiful but #3 is stunning. I am very short and could never go with a drop waist but it is so flattering on your body. I think #1 is very pretty too but it seems very popular in the moment. You might want to go with something classic like you suggested.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I love dress #3. Very slimming and flattering!

Tough choices...you look great in all of them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results