shape
carat
color
clarity

Doubting Dress Stress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Ugh! How frustrating! I hope everything works out.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard anything from ebay since talking to someone on live help this morning. I''m so upset. I really want the dress, but I feel like it''s really unfair for her to be able to just up the shipping like that.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Well, ebay was of no help. Here''s their response:

Dear Robin,
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concerns with the seller
walesbaby.
While most transactions on eBay are problem-free, issues may
occasionally arise. Although I can''t eliminate the inconvenience of your
situation, I''d like to help you resolve it as quickly and easily as
possible.

I recommend that you do one or more of the following (details below):

- Call the seller directly.
- Take advantage of eBay''s dispute resolution services.
- Report any policy violations.
- Ask other members for advice using the Q&A Board

Then they detailed how to call the seller directly. They completely ignored my question about whether or not she is allowed to do this! Did they even read what I wrote?!?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do not know what to say, just another bad ebay experience. If they are claiming she cannot do it, how is she doing this? They do not back up their policies. I hate to say it you might not end up with the dress. I am really sorry but sometimes a bargain is not one in the long run, and you might be better off buying it full price and being able to get alterations etc...I just would not mess with this scene now that there are doubts.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
ugh! You're right they completely ignored your question. I'm sorry but that last suggestion of talking with other's on the Q&A board made me laugh and would have really irritated me if I were you.

This is a sticky situation. You said you don't want to pay the extra $20 for shipping and if I were you I'd have a weird feeling about the whole thing now anyways. I am a worrier though and you may not be....how much more is the dress if you bought it here in the states from a retailer and are you willing/able to do that?!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Robin, i am not sure, but this looks like a "stock" /"automatically generated" reply. Maybe there is an other contact you can use, i am not familiar with e-bay.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would definitely have just paid the extra to get the dress i wanted so badly. now with this kind of drama going on, and you reporting her to ebay, i dunno...could be some bad blood. good luck.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so frustrated with this whole thing. When I spoke to the guy on Live Help he told me to send it to this address, so I don''t really know where else to send it.

Rose, if it was just $20 I''d probably just send it, but it''s 20 pounds which is closer to $40. The cheapest I can find the dress in a store is $1200 and I really can''t afford that. I did however get something from a bridal salon about a Maggie Sottero Trunk Show. Problem is it''s the weekend after thanksgiving when I will be in NY and the show is in PA. I called yesterday and they couldn''t tell me if they''d have the dress or if I could buy the sample or how much it would be, but they said to call back today when someone who knew more would be there.

Diamondfan, this is actually my first bad ebay experience. I''ve bought a bunch of stuff on there before and never had a problem. I''m really surprised that they''re not doing anything more than sending form letters.

Mara, if I could send the money and be sure I''d actually get the dress that''s one thing, but she''s asking me to send it to her just through paypal listed as miscellaneous. If I''m understanding correctly, then it''s not associated with the transaction at all and she could just never send the dress and keep the extra money and there''d be nothing I could do about it. It just screams scam to me.

I found another listed with a BIN price of $600 with $30 shipping. So it would be more expensive, but I think I''d feel more comfortable than continuing with this seller.

I''ve written to ebay a second time, so we''ll see if they''re any more helpful this time.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I would try contacting the conflict resolution center. Clearly you do have a conflict with this seller. I would also contact Paypal and tell them that you''re having issues with the transaction. My understanding is that Paypal has more legal clout than ebay. Sorry this has become such a nightmare. Good luck!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, Robbie!!!
6.gif

I don''t have any words of advice for you, other than "hang in there" and hopefully this will all work out in your favor. I definitely would NOT send the additional money either -- you''re wise to not trust this buyer!! And defintiely post negative feedback on this buyer!!

Good luck!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I''m being really cynical by thinking she''s trying to scam me, but with all of the scams out there you just can''t be too careful. Maybe she really thinks she can increase the postage. Maybe she can and the guy I talked to was misinformed. I''d just like some real answers. Supposedly she was going to take it to the post office today to get an exact cost on shipping. Shouldn''t she have already had that? I haven''t heard from her yet, though and it''s almost 5 in London.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
You know, she doesn''t offer shipping insurance and she sells a lot of dresses. I would be concerned that if the dress doesn''t arrive, you have no legal recourse. If you claim fraud on her part and cancel the transaction now, at least you''d get your money back.

Would the shop where you tried the dress on maybe sell you the sample?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The sample would still be more than twice what I''m paying for this one. She finally wrote back that it''s an additional 21 pounds, but she''s agreed to split the cost with me since it is her fault that she had the wrong price. This price is for global express and it includes tracking and insurance. I wrote back that I think that''s a fair resolution and asked if she can add this to the bill or send me a new bill that clearly states that this is part of this auction.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! She only charged me 8 pounds more ($15) and she''s mailing it out tomorrow. The bill she sent for the 8 pounds clearly states what it''s for and i have a thread of emails to prove that''s what it''s for should it be a problem. And even if it is a problem, at least it''s only $15. I''ll feel much better when I actually have the dress though. I can''t wait!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 12:31:11 PM
Author: robbie3982
Woohoo! She only charged me 8 pounds more ($15) and she''s mailing it out tomorrow. The bill she sent for the 8 pounds clearly states what it''s for and i have a thread of emails to prove that''s what it''s for should it be a problem. And even if it is a problem, at least it''s only $15. I''ll feel much better when I actually have the dress though. I can''t wait!
That really is something she should have done before and if it''s more you should not have to pay it. I know personally if it were me selling and I realized I miscalculated the shipping cost, I''d just pay the rest rather than as the other person to. I don''t know if it''s against any rules to make you pay the additional, but it''s really rude.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I agree that I shouldn''t have to pay the additional, but if the dress is really perfect like she says it is, then I''m not going to find a deal like this anywhere else and it''s worth an extra $15.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Crossing fingers and toes for you, Robbie!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miranda
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad things are turning out okay! I was really worried...

MrzNeicia

Rough_Rock
Robbie,
I likle the 2nd one better. It looks alot prettier on you, just right. I first one is a bit to plain for my taste.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I should have it in my possession very soon!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Robbie--Glad you got the dress you loved. It''s going to look beautiful on you.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ID :) I can''t stop thinking about it
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I have my fingers crossed for you! Hope that it is everything you want!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
having been an ebay seller before in the past, it is easy to make a mistake. honestly i have sent extra shipping or whatever to people as misc. and $40 is not that much when you are spending $550 on a dress or whatever and getting it 1/2 retail price.

anyway i really don't think it's THAT odd for her to say woops i didn't do this, and to ask you to pay what it should have been in the first place. sure it's your perog not to or to fight it or negotiate like you did, but i'm way too lazy and i wouldn't want to ruin the transaction over a mistake..thats just me.

plus as long as you paid the auction for the dress through the auction links and paypal and all that, if she didn't send the dress you'd have recourse. for the additional $40 maybe not. but whatever you got it worked out so that's good.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never sold anything on ebay before, but it just reminded me of a scam that''s been going around for a while where someone sends you more money "by accident" for whatever you''re selling and then asks you to return the extra. It''s usually not that much, but their check or whatever it is doesn''t go through and you''re out $50 or whatever. I know it''s not the same and I do now think this seller just made an honest mistake, but I''m really paranoid about getting scammed.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like things are looking up for you robbie. I have my fingers crossed for you.
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPE!!!
36.gif

I'm so excited that everything seems to be working out for you now! Glad you and the seller could come to an agreement about the shipping and all. So when should you have your dress?!?

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad that things seem to be looking up robbie! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you, until you have that dress in your hot little hands!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the finger crossing
1.gif
. It looks like Global Priority Shipping should take about 4 days and she''s supposed to send it today, so by Tuesday? Anyone know how international duties/taxes work? Are they going to hold it at the post office or something?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results