shape
carat
color
clarity

Doubting Dress Stress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Along the lines of SweetPea''s thread, I''m having serious doubts about my choice of dress. I can''t get the Maggie Sottero Vincenza out of my head. I''m obsessing about it. Today during lunch I found it on ebay for a really great price brand new in the color I want. I decided I have to go try this dress on or I''ll never stop obsessing about it. If I end up loving it more than my dress I think I''m going to have to buy it, so cross your fingers that I hate it on me
38.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Robbie--I like the dress you bought --by far (and i am not just saying that to make you feel better). It''s classic, and i think the other one will look busy with bouquet in hand, accessories, veil etc.

What do you specifically like about the vincenza?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I like the fuller skirt and the embroidery. I really dislike it when it''s in red or black, but I love the diamond white w/ oyster embroidery. I really hope this is like many other things that I loved on the model or hanger and hated on me. I just feel like if I don''t try it on there will always be that "what if" in the back of my head.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hey Robbie! I know exactly how you feel. Well I haven't actually bought the Jasmine Couture dress yet, that was the one that I *thought* I was getting and stopped looking at dresses for months, then came the wave of doubt. And I've had this second wind of looking at dresses and it's driving me crazy. I can't decide. I love everything! I think your dress is so classic and beautiful though. And you look AMAZING in it. I wish I had your figure... then everything would look good on me!
2.gif
Then again, that might not be a good thing seeing as I am already so indecisive! One thing I was thinking about was that, with me, I will probably always find another dress that I think is beautiful. I just love dresses! That's my problem. I just need to find something that suits my style and looks terrific on me. And you've found that you lucky girl! There was something about your dress that made you fall in love with it, that put that big ol smile on your face that I remember seeing when looking at your pictures. Remind yourself of what made you feel that way.
1.gif
That being said, I looked up the dress you were talking about and it is very beautiful! But I'll cross my fingers for you! hehe
37.gif
Oh and I remember when Justina McCaffrey's Magnificat was one of my most favorite dresses. I went to try it on and it looked horrendous on me. I couldn't wait to get it off me! So maybe this will just show you that your dress is truly the one. I know you will look beautiful no matter what you choose though! Let us know how it goes!

Is this it? I think there were pics of the same dress in the white/black color combo....

8e_1.JPG

ea_1.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thanks! Yup, that''s the dress. I don''t particularly like the pictures on the website, but I love it on some real people (depending on if they poofed the skirt out enough). I hate being indecisive.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here are the pics from the try on

1110061637.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

1110061639.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

1110061639a.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

1110061640.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

1110061643.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And if you don''t remember the dress I already have

my-dress-006.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
front

my-dress-016.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
In the store
01020061452.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think I have a problem
7.gif

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
The one you already bought!!!

I like the one you already have a lot better (and im not just saying that!) It''s beautiful!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Both dresses are very pretty, but I do like the one you already have more. I think the skirt on the other dress overwhelms you bottom half a bit ~ you have a small frame. I think it is the gathers in the skirt that make me think this.

Did you get a crinoline for the dress you already have? Are you wearing it in the pictures? Maybe a fuller crinoline would give the dress you have a bit fuller skirt and make you happier with it. But, honestly, I do like the dress you already have! With the boquet and jewlery, etc. that dress will be beautiful on you on your wedding day.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
uh oh, it''s contagious...
32.gif

I really like the dress you bought robbie, and it does look alot like the Maggie that you like! I know exactly how you feel though!!!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
hi robbie,
i have to agree with the others who say the dress you already have-
although the 2nd is pretty, the sections in the skirt don''t seem as flattering to you as the classic, streamlined look of the fabric in your dress.

i second the idea of trying a very poofy crinoline or even a moderate hoop skirt to get the look you are going for.
it''s amazing what that can do.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crap. I hate to say it. I love the new one better than the one you have! It''s PERFECT on you. *ducks*

E B

Ideal_Rock
Girl, I like the dress you bought about a thousand times more on you than the Maggie. For some reason, the box pleats are way too much. Yes, it's a pretty dress, but the Demetrios is so much more classic. The sweetheart neckline and the basque waist complement you PERFECTLY. Plus, I don't know if it matters, but I'd be willing to put money on your fiance liking the Demetrios more. I know that was a consideration in my dress hunt!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I know that everyone is saying the original dress is the best, but I think I agree with gypsy. I think the Maggie is THE dress
8.gif
. It''s on ebay for an amazing price and FI said if this is really THE dress, then i should get it even if we don''t get any money back for the original dress. He hasn''t seen either. I think my parents will kill me even though it won''t cost them a dime extra
15.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 5:51:45 PM
Author: turtledazzle
Both dresses are very pretty, but I do like the one you already have more. I think the skirt on the other dress overwhelms you bottom half a bit ~ you have a small frame. I think it is the gathers in the skirt that make me think this.

Did you get a crinoline for the dress you already have? Are you wearing it in the pictures? Maybe a fuller crinoline would give the dress you have a bit fuller skirt and make you happier with it. But, honestly, I do like the dress you already have! With the boquet and jewlery, etc. that dress will be beautiful on you on your wedding day.
Turtle, I''m actually wearing 2 crinolines in the pictures. I think it''s just the shape of the dress and the lack of detail that I''m not liking.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 9:31:27 PM
Author: robbie3982
I know that everyone is saying the original dress is the best, but I think I agree with gypsy. I think the Maggie is THE dress
8.gif
. It''s on ebay for an amazing price and FI said if this is really THE dress, then i should get it even if we don''t get any money back for the original dress. He hasn''t seen either. I think my parents will kill me even though it won''t cost them a dime extra
15.gif
I like the Maggie better as well. It looks great on you. Go with your heart.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Well, I called my mom and she is not happy. She hasn''t seen the new dress yet, but she says I''ll be wasting my money. I think if I''ll look back on my wedding w/ no regrets, an extra $500 is worth it. And if I could get anything for the first dress it would make the new one less expensive. My MOH loves the second one. She said that if I buy it and then decide I like the first one better she''ll take the new one off my hands. Lol. I told her she can wear it even if I wear it first. It wouldn''t bother me.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 7:52:26 PM
Author: Gypsy
Crap. I hate to say it. I love the new one better than the one you have! It''s PERFECT on you. *ducks*

I will duck with you.. I really like the second dress. I rethought my dress too and I bought the one I wanted a week before my wedding and I had already bought and had my other one altered. but I was in love with my dress and I am soooo glad that I bought the one I did later...

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I love the new one, the Maggie
30.gif

The first one looks kind of frumpy and you''re way too young for frumpy
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to show my mom the pictures tomorrow, but I''m almost certain that I''m about to become a two dress bride. Oh well. It''s only money right?

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
i thought i was going to be on my own here...but after readiing on. i, too, like the new dress. it provokes more oohs and ahhs from me(random stranger)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid I like the 2nd dress better too.

If we''re being completely honest, I don''t think "v" dropped waistline on the 1st dress is flattering. Maybe if you were 6 ft. tall ... but it really cuts you in half.

I''m not sure why you''re choosing dresses that put the focus on the pelvis area. Both of these choices have dramatic crotch-level detail. One = pointing "v" ... One ginormous box pleats right at that level.

I''d THINK you''d want more BUST/WAIST emphasis ... but ...???

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a sucker for ball gowns...I like the new dress. Before ordering, can you wait a bit longer and look around a bit more to be sure? Also, have you gotten quotes from pearlsplace.com and bridesave.com?

From another two dress bride...go with your heart...at least you''re not out thousands. Just be sure this is THE one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results