shape
carat
color
clarity

Doubting Dress Stress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I went and tried the dress on again over my lunch break and I still love it. They even had another dress I almost bought (MS Temptation) which I tried on again and I still love this one. I held up red bridesmaid dresses next to it since I want to carry red flowers and it looks ok. The pictures make the champagne color appear much pinker than it is. It''s really more of a very light tan color. I absolutely hate spending money on myself, but I think I''ll regret it forever if I don''t. The auction ends in less than 4 hrs so you''ll all know fairly soon what I do.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 12:18:12 PM
Author: swingirl
I recommend once you buy your dress, DON''T continue to shop because you''ll almost always find something else! And there are so many gorgeous gowns out there.

SO TRUE!!
9.gif
2.gif

Looking forward to "the verdict"!
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Umm.. not to be too creepy or a wet blanket, but I went poking around to see what the dress you''re thinking of bidding on cost, and the only Maggie Vincenza that I saw ending today is from a vendor with less-than perfect feedback in the UK that claims to only ship to the UK... If this is your dress, I would think twice or keep looking; it seems a little risky to me.

just my $0.02.

(what happened to the cents sign?)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Actually it says she ships worldwide and that postage for usa is 45 pounds. She has 3 negative feedbacks in the last year, two of which are from something she bought from the same person and she claims he sold knock off jackets that he claimed were real. The third negative is when she was selling something. She says she described something as used and the buyer claimed it was described as very good. It doesn't worry me too much. She's actually been very responsive and I've asked lots of questions. It wasn't a sample, just an ordered dress that the bride changed her mind about. She said there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Not stains, tears or anything.

ETA: I definitely don't think you're being a wet blanket or creepy and I appreciate you looking out for me
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Agh! I did it! I bid! There''s still about an hour and a half left on the auction, but I got worried that something would happen and I''d be late getting home and it would be over. Now keep your fingers crossed that I actually win it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Robbie!!!! I''m keeping my fingers crossed--when is it over?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, I''m bored and lurking all over here, even though I''''m coming up on my 5th wedding anniversary. (I post lots in SMTR, hangout, etc.)

I bought 2 wedding dresses. My first was a gorgeous M.S, with blue topaz looking stones sewn on the bodice. Problem was, I wanted a sleek gown deep down, so I would up buying a second gown, a Romona Keveza silk sheath with crystal straps.

Personally, I''m rooting for you to get the MS Vincenza gown. It is simply to die for. I like it better than your first, the box pleats are delicious, and the beading is so fabulous. If you are going to do the dress...DO THE DRESS!

You have to love it.

Jeannine

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Robbie, I hope you win it!! I think it''s a gorgeous dress!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
As long as you''re well informed! Good luck! I think it''ll be gorgeous in your venue, so I hope you get it!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
25 minutes...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I hope you get it. It''s really very beautiful and a very reasonable price. With the back detail I see why it fits you so nicely. You''ll be very happy wearing it and poo on anyone who gives you a hard time about having 2 dresses!! But you gotta stop trying on dresses!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I promise. No more dresses for me. I WON!!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How happy are you?! Now no more trying on dresses! hehe....
31.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
YAY Robbie!!!! Congrats--did you get a good deal?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
yup! $529 with shipping included.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!

Now.

PROMISE YOURSELF THAT YOU WILL NO LONGER DRESS SHOP! lol.

The Maggie is perfect! Congrats!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Definitely no more shopping for me.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you!!! wooohooo! (I was rooting for that dress). What a bargain . 5 years ago when I was shopping, MS dresses went for 1200...I''m sure they are more now. (Ramona Keveza is now twice as much...eeeek!)

Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding!

Jeannine

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m so happy for you robbie! While I thought you looked pretty in the original dress, if you were going to look back and regret not wearing the Maggie, I think you did the right thing. The new dress looks beautiful on you as well, and what a great deal! Congrats!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!!! im so glad that you went for the maggie!!
36.gif
36.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Robbie:
So very happy for you, you got the dress that you love. By the way, it is very beautiful, I do like it better than the first one and you look very dreamy in it! You''re face is aglow!

I just went dress shopping and the one I thought I wanted, just wasn''t right for me either and I ended up with a completely different style that I would have never even fanthomed, but it was perfect!

Cheers
35.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe thanks everyone! It seems as though my win may have hit a snag. I received this email from the seller this morning:

hi
sorry put the wrong postage costs on ebay it will be 20 pounds more for global express mail which icludes traccking and insurance can you send the extra 20 pounds to under other goods then i can ship out with thanks
julie

I contacted ebay live help and they told me she can''t do that so I politely wrote back that I''ve already paid the agreed upon shipping charge and won''t be sending more money. I also reported it to ebay.

If there''s a problem at least I paid using paypal and a credit card.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Your new dress is gorgeous! I''m glad you bit the bullet and went for it. Otherwise, you never would''ve been able to let it go...

I really hope that everything works out OK with the eBay auction. Good for you for standing up to the seller and letting her know that you weren''t going to send the xtra $$.

Let us know how it turns out!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
You are so good. I''d just have sent the extra 20 pounds....LOL...but then I was a dress freak, I''d be afraid of losing it! What if it were an honest mistake?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it was an honest mistake, and even if it was, she should have to take a hit on it since I didn''t agree to pay 20 pounds more. I''ve already paid 45 pounds and a pound is equal to almost 2 dollars, so that''s just ridiculous. She''s since written back that she won''t send w/o the extra money and I''ve contacted ebay again. She''s claiming she''s allowed to increase the postage, but when I talked to the guy on live help this morning he assured me that she can''t, so I think she''s trying to scam me and if I send money through paypal not associated with this transaction I''ll never be able to get it back. Super pissed right now
29.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 5:02:52 PM
Author: robbie3982
I don''t think it was an honest mistake, and even if it was, she should have to take a hit on it since I didn''t agree to pay 20 pounds more. I''ve already paid 45 pounds and a pound is equal to almost 2 dollars, so that''s just ridiculous. She''s since written back that she won''t send w/o the extra money and I''ve contacted ebay again. She''s claiming she''s allowed to increase the postage, but when I talked to the guy on live help this morning he assured me that she can''t, so I think she''s trying to scam me and if I send money through paypal not associated with this transaction I''ll never be able to get it back. Super pissed right now
29.gif

Uh-uh. Her mistake, her problem...not yours. Hope everything works out! Keep us posted.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
I hope things work out...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Eeek! What a nasty thing to do to someone over a wedding dress.
38.gif

I hope you either end up with the dress for what you paid for it or get all your money back.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, that sucks.

I hope it all works out!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw....sorry Robbie!

I hope everything works out...keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results