shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this seem a little weird for a vendor to have this on their page?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What I find particularly odd is how aggressive this page and other pages are written. I just don't see the need or reason for it.

For fun, I clicked on the Yelp reviews. There aren't many negative reviews, and the ones that exist seem to compliment him in some manner prior to listing the issues encountered. Sadly, his responses are equally as aggressive.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Reactions: Jr3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why the need to call out PS specifically? Take a seat, better yet take two seats and have a drink, might do you some good.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ill be kind and say drunk or stoned
it reads like an April fools day gag

maybe just too clever for his boots

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PS rambling is his way of trying to discredit the criticism he receives here. He won't get my business or recommendation. The one setting I did get from him many years ago wasn't perfect, and I've seen better work from others. I'd use Victor Canera 1000 times over LM.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon Mege a number of years ago held a 5+ carat diamond I owned for ransom and refused to give it back to me unless I paid him several thousand for 3 badly thought out badly photoshopped ideas he emailed to me after many months of hounding him to design a ring setting for my own stone.

In years gone by there were many posts that have now disappeared on his erratic, narcissistic behaviour that included poor service, holding stones to ransom, breaking coloured stones, metalwork that broke, and so on and when anyone dared complain on here, new fake posters that were probably Leon and his staff trying to discredit anyone who wrote anything negative about him suddenly appeared to trash the OP.

The man is an artist, his work mostly (apart from the small number of pieces that have fallen apart, or been bent out of shape because they were made too thin - yes over the years, there was a few of those too) is visually beautiful, Leon takes his artistic license to mean he can treat his customers any way he wants, spend lots of money and the guy is Mr Charming, and I mean ultra charming he can really turn it on, spend a little and you never know which Leon you are going to get. Writing glib stuff on his website is a reflection of his mean, nasty personality....

In general unless you can't live without one of his pieces he is a rude arrogant a@#hat that has been called out many times on here for his actions and should best be avoided.

Last edited:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has a really sarcastic, dark sense of "humor." Can be funny at times, but mostly just offensive.

I find him to be quite condescending, elitist, and rude.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made the mistake of calling him to ask him to set a stone and suffered his abuse. He could have just said no, but gave me an earful about having the nerve to buy a diamond from someone other than himself. I can only assume he has mental problems...more to be pitied than censored??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what an a**hole. He is incredibly rude, and won't ever get my business or recommendation. DH and I both have these types of rings he thinks are so disgusting. Tungsten for DH (which he adores and has been zero maintenance over the past 7 years even though he wears it literally 24/7), and my brand new bruce boone ring. I would take either over any of LM's pieces simply because I refuse to support someone like that.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 - while I hear what you're saying, it ceases being funny when he puts a photo of a customer's ring up on his web site, then says how much he hates it and how he only made it because the customer insisted. I'm not sure if *that* specific page is still there, but I remember my jaw dropping open when I saw it and thinking how I'd feel, were it my ring!

My mother would have used a good, old fashioned word to describe him. She'd have said he was rude. She'd have been right, too.

Wow. He needs a PR person to curtail his less than palatable impulses.

Honestly, the post would have been funny as a Facebook meme; the stuff on his website is clearly inappropriate, and it’s upsetting to hear that people have had horrible experiences with him. That’s not ok.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Leon Mege a number of years ago held a 5+ carat diamond I owned for ransom and refused to give it back to me unless I paid him several thousand for 3 badly thought out badly photoshopped ideas he emailed to me after many months of hounding him to design a ring setting for my own stone.

In years gone by there were many posts that have now disappeared on his erratic, narcissistic behaviour that included poor service, holding stones to ransom, breaking coloured stones, metalwork that broke, and so on and when anyone dared complain on here, new fake posters that were probably Leon and his staff trying to discredit anyone who wrote anything negative about him suddenly appeared to trash the OP.

The man is an artist, his work mostly (apart from the small number of pieces that have fallen apart, or been bent out of shape because they were made too thin - yes over the years, there was a few of those too) is visually beautiful, Leon takes his artistic license to mean he can treat his customers any way he wants, spend lots of money and the guy is Mr Charming, and I mean ultra charming he can really turn it on, spend a little and you never know which Leon you are going to get. Writing glib stuff on his website is a reflection of his mean, nasty personality....

In general unless you can't live without one of his pieces he is a rude arrogant a@#hat that has been called out many times on here for his actions and should best be avoided.

@arkieb1, I remember that entire episode. What an outrage that was. I'm amazed he's still in business....

I also LOVED that diamond, it was so gorgeous. Where did it end up? I almost bought it when you had it listed, still kicking myself to this day that I didn't, it was a beauty...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1, I remember that entire episode. What an outrage that was. I'm amazed he's still in business....

I also LOVED that diamond, it was so gorgeous. Where did it end up? I almost bought it when you had it listed, still kicking myself to this day that I didn't, it was a beauty...

Mark Broumand ended up rescuing it literally from Leon, he was a great help and is a lovely guy. He was asking about 2 and a half (or more) times what was paid for the stone so for anyone that attacked me (yes that happened too) claiming I was selling it for more than I paid on LT, I didn't make a cent and it was clearly worth several times my asking price. At the time I was happy to recover close to what I paid for the stone and end the drama that went with it.

Few people realise I owned a 5.34 carat OEC (that I still have today) at the same time, and I went on to purchased a 2.38 transitional which cost about the same price as that stone (so I think it was a bargain) the only reason I posted on here about Leon was because he was also holding a young couple's diamond refusing to give it back to them at the same time pulling pretty much the same c@#* with them, and a couple of PSers asked if I would let everyone know that was going on.

No clue if Mark ever sold or if he still has it in his inventory, you would have to ask.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1, this was before my time. Could you link the thread please? It sounds like he's off his rocker!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1, this was before my time. Could you link the thread please? It sounds like he's off his rocker!

The thread was shut down and when this site was updated it appears to be gone, it ended up several pages of fake posters that were either Leon and his friends abusing me, and a number of Psers so the Mods stopped comments and as far as I'm aware have closed it. I purchased the stone from Erica and Grace who back then were JBEG, it was owned by the lovely Amethyst before me;

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-13ct-lemony-pear-fect-diamond.118596/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1, wow! I read the thread plus another about your pear last night. I am shocked at this! If I had known all of this, I wouldn't have purchased a band from him!! Unacceptable, for sure!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is obvious to me that he posts this shit on his website to weed out the people who won’t take his abuse. The people who choose to work with him after seeing all of this are well informed and willing to take it.

Reactions: Jr3

Jr3

Rough_Rock
@cmd2014 - while I hear what you're saying, it ceases being funny when he puts a photo of a customer's ring up on his web site, then says how much he hates it and how he only made it because the customer insisted. I'm not sure if *that* specific page is still there, but I remember my jaw dropping open when I saw it and thinking how I'd feel, were it my ring!

My mother would have used a good, old fashioned word to describe him. She'd have said he was rude. She'd have been right, too.

I toyed with the idea of using him.... I wont now... I have seen some bad things on his site plenty of times and cannot get around his ethics. We should treat others as we ourselves wish to be treated. Pretty sad

Jr3

Rough_Rock

Mind made up forever... never using him. How terribly sad to hear :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I previously read some things about him. I can’t take arrogance...I would never purchase anything from him.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
He’s known for his snark.

Laughing at this a bit because my sister is the most successful person I know. She’s a partner in a popular law firm and can afford his pieces no question. However she also has three young kids and a collection of alternative wedding bands. She wants to look married while she’s being a hands on mom. She doesn’t want to wear her diamonds while climbing after a kid on the playground.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is over a year old... Why are so many antique Leon Mege threads being bumped today?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - someone came on looking for reviews about Leon. Also - @winnietucker started an EW 'Show us your...' thread and I linked you. Can you pls add your pieces? Thanks girl!

Aaaaannd...you've already done it! Thank you! :wavey:

Jr3

Rough_Rock
@yssie - someone came on looking for reviews about Leon. Also - @winnietucker started an EW 'Show us your...' thread and I linked you. Can you pls add your pieces? Thanks girl!

I believe it was me asking for Lm reviews

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys

@Jridge682 -

No no no!! Why sorry?! Don't be! It's a completely reasonable thread to start! Yssie was just wondering - nothing more. Some of us have been here for years and are very familiar with Leon's work (I own one of his pieces, but only one, and it's not relevant to what you're looking for). But everyone has to start somewhere and you don't see Leon's work here as much as you used to.

I think a Leon thread is well overdue. :)) Ask away! :wavey:

ETA Just to be clear on this - I don't mean a thread criticizing Leon - there are enough of those already out there. I just mean a thread showing his beautiful pieces. His designs are beyond elegant.

Last edited:

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
He has a few paragraphs about Pricescope somewhere that are not very flattering.

He is of poor character. Not sure why anyone would choose to work with someone like him.

Edit...here you go for your reading pleasure
https://www.leonmege.com/craftsmanship/leon-mege-consumer-feedback

Soooo.... either he is in here and has seen this post or someone is reporting back to him because he removed that page from his website.
This guy’s reputation proceeds him (and NOT in a good way). 7DA7A3F5-754C-4298-9DA9-B6FFC08CD329.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results