shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this 3 stone look good on me?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F5CE78BB-1000-4A97-A064-82F50466F021.jpeg BFBCFA26-A2E8-4A8B-89CA-586D5FFAF089.jpeg Lol. Toying with the idea of a 3 stone setting. Tried this one on and was immediately seduced by the finger coverage. The center is as big as mine. A 2.50 and sides are .50 each. I’m using this pic as an inspiration bc i have my own .50’a and would just order an exact setting. Thoughts?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am totally biased, but I love it!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The size is nice, but the table of the big diamond is sooo big, don't buy this ring. :)
EDIT: and the prong work looks messy.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size is nice, but the table of the big diamond is sooo big, don't buy this ring. :)
EDIT: and the prong work looks messy.
No! I have my diamonds. I’m just asking about the setting. Lol. The prongs would also be refined to my taste.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
With ideal cut diamonds, I would keep the 0.5 ct sides and lower the center stone to 2.2-2.3 ct.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala the three stone looks great on you, I love it, your diamonds will look fantastic in a similar setting.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Nala, I haven't been on in a while, but here I am back seeing an amazing ring that you're considering. I absolutely love it! Do it!!!!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m always a fan of the three stone look. What is your current setting? I’m starting to lose track, LOL. I think I found someone who likes to change their setting as much as I do:lol:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do it
Do it
Do it!
It looks amazing on the finger :lol::love::lickout:

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
:confused2::confused2::confused2:
F5CE78BB-1000-4A97-A064-82F50466F021.jpeg BFBCFA26-A2E8-4A8B-89CA-586D5FFAF089.jpeg Lol. Toying with the idea of a 3 stone setting. Tried this one on and was immediately seduced by the finger coverage. The center is as big as mine. A 2.50 and sides are .50 each. I’m using this pic as an inspiration bc i have my own .50’a and would just order an exact setting. Thoughts?

Like the style!!! But the stone looks very hazy to me?!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
:confused2::confused2::confused2:

Like the style!!! But the stone looks very hazy to me?!

The OP is not considering buying that ring - she said she has her own 2.5 ct and one side stone ;-)

It definitely has finger coverage and wow factor!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love three stones. But I'm not loving that setting. I think 6 prongs on the center would make it look more round plus it would be more secure with a diamond that size. And, I'd like it if the sidestones were tucked against the center and angled out a bit.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the style on you, but I’m with those who feel the setting needs work. The prongs are chunky and I too prefer a 6 prong look to 4 prong. Of course, that’s personal preference!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not super-fond of the setting, but the coverage is amazing. To me, the setting looks a bit plain jane. If you could disco that setting up a bit, you'd have a spectacular 3 stone beauty.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3D14D484-721F-403F-AA61-EC5477D6FB69.jpeg
I’m always a fan of the three stone look. What is your current setting? I’m starting to lose track, LOL. I think I found someone who likes to change their setting as much as I do:lol:
Lol. Pretty sure I’m still way ahead of you in terms of settings. It’s currently in a double halo.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone for chiming in. I haven’t had my stone in a 3 stone wquite like this. I’m always seduced by the novelty. Lol. I have time to sit on this Bc of the holidays. So I will do just that. I think I’m so drawn to it Bc of the awesome finger coverage!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EVERYTHING looks good on you @nala :lol:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks amazing on you! I am in the (very slow) process of figuring out a 3 stone for me and that ring is making me crazy, I love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 3 stone would be awesome. Do you have pics of the profile? I personally love a swoopy low setting for 3 or 5 stones.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your current setting is stunning! I guess it depends on how much you really are craving a different look, 3 stone is less blingy but still has amazing wow factor! Assume you would be keeping your halo so you could always go back. Agree... the 3 stone prongs need some work. I’m still debating on removing my bezel, believe it or not, because I don’t want to lose the finger coverage!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your current setting is stunning! I guess it depends on how much you really are craving a different look, 3 stone is less blingy but still has amazing wow factor! Assume you would be keeping your halo so you could always go back. Agree... the 3 stone prongs need some work. I’m still debating on removing my bezel, believe it or not, because I don’t want to lose the finger coverage!!
Wow! I thought you had started on the modification already, from your last thread. But maybe it’s growing on you!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I thought you had started on the modification already, from your last thread. But maybe it’s growing on you!
I know, it’s ridiculous. I was all set after posting the poll and now I don’t know:twisted2: I was always planning on sending it to Mark after the holidays, but now worried I will lose the wow factor and the finger coverage... geez! Have you decided to buy the 3 stone setting?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, it’s ridiculous. I was all set after posting the poll and now I don’t know:twisted2: I was always planning on sending it to Mark after the holidays, but now worried I will lose the wow factor and the finger coverage... geez! Have you decided to buy the 3 stone setting?
No. I haven’t. Surprisingly. Lol. Well. It sounds like you love your ring as is. That’s a good thing!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still wishy washy @nala ! I will keep you posted and please do the same for me! Do you ever think about upgrading your diamond or just settings? All this gets very addictive and seems like I’m always dreaming of that 5 carat EC... that.... will never come:twisted2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still wishy washy @nala ! I will keep you posted and please do the same for me! Do you ever think about upgrading your diamond or just settings? All this gets very addictive and seems like I’m always dreaming of that 5 carat EC... that.... will never come:twisted2:
I’m quite happy with my diamond. I upgraded it last year. And while I fantasize about a future upgrade, I can’t justify the steep hike. So no. Lol. Not in the cards. I’m gonna go visit my jeweler again today and I’m taking my sidestones to compare them. My stones are not ideal cut. They are uncertified.50 but they are super white and decent sparkle. I need to rule out why I’m fixating on the setting. I don’t know if it’s the finger coverage. Lol.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I love a three stone ring - I think the style looks great on you but don't love the prongs on the one you posted. I know you would refine those! The finger coverage is hard to beat though!!

My three stone ring in my avatar is a 2.53 center with .33 each side stones. Those side stones are a bit smaller than the .50 you have but it gives you some idea. Ring is a tad over size 5.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does look terrific on you! I LOVE 3 stones. I have one with sapphire sides.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 3 stone looks massive on you. :mrgreen2: I love halo's & the only thing I see you grappling with is the overall diameter. Width wise, a 3 stone looks great. There isn't much visible skin. LOL :dance:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a word...YES! :love: I agree with others that the setting needs to be more refined, but the proportions are spectacular on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results