shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear a wedding ring?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who don't wear a wedding band I'm curious... does it ever make you feel like you're just engaged (like there's something missing from your set)? Or do you get questions about when you're getting married?
I always feel married, even if I'm wearing just my cushion halo without a WB. Maybe it's because we've been together for 20+ years. And no, I never get asked if I'm engaged. I look too old and weathered for that, lol! People probably look at me and think I'm just a married lady who likes to wear her e-ring on its own.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always feel married, even if I'm wearing just my cushion halo without a WB. Maybe it's because we've been together for 20+ years. And no, I never get asked if I'm engaged. I look too old and weathered for that, lol! People probably look at me and think I'm just a married lady who likes to wear her e-ring on its own.

And that's no bad thing. :))

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wearing my e-ring alone quite a bit since getting a 5-stone RHR a few months ago. It looks more balanced and feels more comfortable. No one had asked if I’m engaged, but someone did ask the other day if I got married recently because my rings are so “shiny.” I must’ve just cleaned them.

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm also one of those who prefers to wear my wedding band(s) or ER on its own, I just don't like the feeling of stacking things together. I'm planning to work with VC this summer for my ER upgrade and at the moment, VERY tempted to get the Emilya halo, even though I'm totally a plain solitaire type. Frankiextah's Emilya combined with her thin wedding band is SUPER PRETTY so I just might give that look a try.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I mostly wear my ring on it's own, I feel like the band takes away from the beauty of the main diamond. I do like the gap between the e-ring and the wedding ring though, but mostly I'll just wear it on my right hand with a few other bands. Ive never been asked if I'm newly engaged, I don't think people notice that it on it's own.
Try your ring on once you get it, then you can always add a band. I can't wait to see it!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my plain wedding band, but switch gemstone rings to go with it on a daily basis! Think I learnt this habit from my Mum who does something similar. :think:

I do honestly feel "naked" if I wear no rings at all. :errrr:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are soldered together because the girdles of the band would eat away my e-ring. The band was picked out by my hubby for our 20th anniversary.

7CBFCC51-A067-49EB-9049-321D07DD1BB6.jpeg EBAF6215-6454-4BD4-BD3D-7B4795008767.jpeg

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a shared prong wedding band that I wear every day. It’s my favorite - it’s just all gorgeous dazzling sparkles and arrows. It’s worn down the prongs on my (ten year old...) temp setting, but no structural issue with holding my diamond in, so it’s no big deal.

I have been looking at a reset and I wouldn’t be able to wear my band with the setting I like most...so I’m really torn about what to do. I could get a spacer, I guess, but I have short fat fingers and stacks really do me no favors.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who don't wear a wedding band I'm curious... does it ever make you feel like you're just engaged (like there's something missing from your set)? Or do you get questions about when you're getting married?

Nah, I’m too old and been married for too long to feel like I’m just engaged lol! I’m at an age where nobody pays attention to what I do anyway, no one is interested in my marital status ha. When I was younger I always wore a band with my ering though - I guess it did make me feel “married” at the time - and my original ering looked better with a band.

Last edited:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I always wear my WR. Hubs biugt it a little bit snug 13 years ago. And since last january I have gained a lot of weight (thanks to prednisone and hormones, no sign in sight that I will loose it:cry2::cry2::cry2:):cry2: and discovered that I am really a 6.5 and not a 6 like I thought and told hubby. So my WR is now at least one size to 1.5 size too small and stuck on my finger...:lol::lol::lol:
it is a plain 2mm platinum band and I love it. Very traditionnal in France for women to wear plain simple 2mm size WR. But I add my Ering and then stack on top of iy sometimes.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mine has never, ever left my finger. Some days I wear it with just my solitaire like in my avatar, but mostly I have a full eternity on there with them too.
Your avatar is like mine but I had the wedding band soldered to my solitaire pear. I add my trillion wrap when I go out, etc.

FM

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! I’m in the too old and no one cares group also.

I wear my engagement ring as my wedding ring when going out. If I’m running errands I wear a thin wedding band alone.

Last edited:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear a WB outside the house. It’s of no consequence to ME, but if I see a woman on the younger side with just an ER, I probably assume they’re engaged and not married.

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
I do both sometimes I am in the mood for a e ring sometime just my 7 stone wedding band . My husband says as long as a ring is there that is all that matters

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your avatar is like mine but I had the wedding band soldered to my solitaire pear. I add my trillion wrap when I go out, etc.

FM
Ooh, please can you post a picture with your wrap for me? I love to see how others make their pear solitaire look a bit different!

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Never thought to add stackers to the mix. Hmmm..... All, beautiful!

FM

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it FM! Makes such a different look to your pear, which is beautiful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my Welcome Back with my ER. Recently celebrated our anniversary, and DH gave me an Anni. I stack my rings on my left hand; that was the idea when we selected my rings before we got married. Since, I’ve acquired a suite of 7 Vintage Asschers from Yoram @ GemConcepts, and a RHR before Christmas and for my birthday. The 7 Asschers will be Set in a ring of my creation, later. The RHR DH got me for my birthday matches my wedding set. I wear all of them, every day.
Honestly, I’d feel naked without them.
I have to have the RHR sized down a bit; it’s a little loose. That will drive me crazy, until I can wear it, again...lol! Fortunately, I have others in my safe just waiting to be worn in its place...lol!
Here are the threads to follow.
2016-2018 have been “the year of the diamond” for me...quite unexpectedly. I’m thrilled to create my 7 Asscher Anniversary Band to add to my collection, and STACK STACK STACK!! :mrgreen2:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-uisce.231677/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/“buann-gra’-gach-rud”-“love-conquers-all”.236106/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sweet-november.235693/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/

I agree with all above: it’s really a matter of preference, and there’s “no right way” to wear (or not wear) your rings.

43A1E22A-3578-41FE-A778-D271CF89381F.jpeg 07829174-BF93-4225-94D6-BEB7329967D1.jpeg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Here are a couple of photos of my Jubilee set into Tacori HT2352 from my old PS profile. These are the only photos I have. I wore a yellow gold diamond band set with a small marquise center for 15 years, so when I upgraded for the anniversary, I wanted a platinum wedding set.

Tacori HT2352Box.jpg
Tacori HT2352Hand.jpg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear a WB outside the house. It’s of no consequence to ME, but if I see a woman on the younger side with just an ER, I probably assume they’re engaged and not married.
You know, I never factored age in to my thoughts. I'd have to agree now that if I saw an "older" woman with just an ER I would think that she just preferred it that way, whereas if it was a younger woman I'd think she was engaged.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my WB with my ER, but sometimes I like to walk around the house with just my ER on to really see my diamond. But then the diamond spins to the bottom, which drives me NUTS, so I put the WB back on (doesn't happen that way) lol

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 You have beautiful finger nails!

Why, thank you, @Alex T. I manicure, maintain & paint them, myself. I can’t tell you the last time I stepped foot into a salon to pamper myself. Perhaps, I should make time for a little “me” time!!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
88E01942-906D-4686-A3B6-52E8DB191A73.jpeg
The shape of the vintage ring I fell in love with (and thus DH proposed with) doesn’t lend itself to a wedding ring next to it. I’m pretty sure it was originally meant to be a RHR. I do love stacks though I’ve never worn more than one ring on a finger at a time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results