shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear a wedding ring?

sgirl

Rough_Rock
New here. I have been admiring all your photos and it seems many of you just wear one ring, an E ring, but I am unsure if that was just for the photos. I just ordered a VC Anne Marie, haven't received it yet. It is much thinner than my original ring. I have always worn just one thicker ring but I am trying to decide if I will need to add a band to this more delicate style.
Would love to see photos of these VC or similar rings you have.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost all the people I can think of here with a traditional e-ring wear one or more wedding bands with it.

Did you ask for diamonds on the doughnut of your ring? Because I would not because it is better not to wear a wedding band which would rub the diamonds which will scratch the wedding band. In that case, people usually wear a plain spacer band to separate the rings, but I say, just eliminate the diamonds on the doughnut at the base of the head! You aren't going to see them anyway if you wear a band.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi sgirl! Welcome to PS!

Do you like a gap between your rings? I do because it allows each ring to be seen individually vs as one bigger band if that makes sense. There’s no right or wrong however and it comes down to your personal aesthetic.

I always wear a wb with my ER. Sometimes 2 WBs if it’s cold out and I need to keep my rings snuggly on my finger because when it’s cold my fingers shrink in width a bit and when it’s warm they expand so I only wear one band when it’s warm outside. I have 3 bands I mix and match.

Sharing pics from my phone on the go so not sure if these are ok pics since they’re so tiny on my phone and I’m moving but hopefully it helps.

Wearing my ER here with my sapphire eternity plat band and engraved platinum band. All vintage.

84711849-B62E-4CF1-A893-6B0BC7C29242.jpeg

The original band I started wearing when I got Bea.

EF9740D8-F721-4674-AB0A-05CB92ED47E7.jpeg

With the sapphire band. Not same width but irl you don’t notice it but in photos it’s noticeable.
06639946-4D91-4243-BBC6-011BD13A3294.jpeg

All my bands for the sake of the pic. I don’t wear it like this.
B1C7F562-3D2E-4D6B-86EB-404C3E7C7869.jpeg

View attachment 606356

Anyway there’s no one right way. Wear what you want and find comfortable. The beauty imo is in wearing what you love and that always works!

Last edited:

sgirl

Rough_Rock
Almost all the people I can think of here with a traditional e-ring wear one or more wedding bands with it.

Did you ask for diamonds on the doughnut of your ring? Because I would not because it is better not to wear a wedding band which would rub the diamonds which will scratch the wedding band. In that case, people usually wear a plain spacer band to separate the rings, but I say, just eliminate the diamonds on the doughnut at the base of the head! You aren't going to see them anyway if you wear a band.
I left off the diamonds for this reason. Thanks
Hi sgirl! Welcome to PS!

Do you like a gap between your rings? I do because it allows each ring to be seen individually vs as one bigger band if that makes sense. There’s no right or wrong however and it comes down to your personal aesthetic.

I always wear a wb with my ER. Sometimes 2 WBs if it’s cold out and I need to keep my rings snuggly on my finger because when it’s cold my fingers shrink in width a bit and when it’s warm they expand so I only wear one band when it’s warm outside. I have 3 bands I mix and match.

Sharing pics from my phone on the go so not sure if these are ok pics since they’re so tiny on my phone and I’m moving but hopefully it helps.

Wearing my ER here with my sapphire eternity plat band and engraved platinum band. All vintage.

84711849-B62E-4CF1-A893-6B0BC7C29242.jpeg

The original band I started wearing when I got Bea.

EF9740D8-F721-4674-AB0A-05CB92ED47E7.jpeg

With the sapphire band. Not same width but irl you don’t notice it but in photos it’s noticeable.
06639946-4D91-4243-BBC6-011BD13A3294.jpeg

All my bands for the sake of the pic. I don’t wear it like this.
B1C7F562-3D2E-4D6B-86EB-404C3E7C7869.jpeg

View attachment 606356

Anyway there’s no one right way. Wear what you want and find comfortable. The beauty imo is in wearing what you love and that always works!
Thanks for the photos. Love the bling! I do pefer space between as well. I have thought I may end up with a few stacking options.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Harry Winston-style halo'ed cushion ring, which is similar to the VC Anne Marie except it has a single shank. I tend not to wear a WB with it because, to my eyes, I feel it looks best on its own. I feel the stone really pops and the delicateness of the setting is most apparent when I wear it solo. When I do wear a WB, however, my go-to is a plain, knife-edge Tiffany band. It's very thin and subtle, and lets my cushion remain center stage.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t always wear a wband, sometimes I like to wear it by itself, looks a bit more delicate. I go back and forth. C9B42047-6959-4F4B-BC9F-CA6D4D3BD91D.jpeg

img_6766.jpg

ETA- very exciting that you’re getting a VC Anne Marie, love that ring! Post pics when you get it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore mine for about 3 days when I got married 39 years ago, since then, no.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has never, ever left my finger. Some days I wear it with just my solitaire like in my avatar, but mostly I have a full eternity on there with them too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nope I don't. but I did when I was young!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
90% of the time I wear my wedding band. But I would say I only wear my engagement ring about 50% of the time.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you wear it?
I was taking my ring(s) off at work due to typing a lot and working with large reams of paper. I soon stopped bringing them to work. Next few jobs were work from home so I just didn't put any jewelry on since I wasn't going out.

My husband dropped dead this May due to my excessive diamond buying :confused2: (black widow humor). I'll wear my rings if I'm going out and not planning on running errands. It's still few and far between... I usually just go out to run errands so...

sgirl

Rough_Rock
I was taking my ring(s) off at work due to typing a lot and working with large reams of paper. I soon stopped bringing them to work. Next few jobs were work from home so I just didn't put any jewelry on since I wasn't going out.

My husband dropped dead this May due to my excessive diamond buying :confused2: (black widow humor). I'll wear my rings if I'm going out and not planning on running errands. It's still few and far between... I usually just go out to run errands so...
I am sorry about your husband:cry2:.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer your question, I no longer wear a wedding ring since I reset my diamond into VC's Emilya halo. I also feel it looks the best on it's own.
IMG_3832.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer your question, I no longer wear a wedding ring since I reset my diamond into VC's Emilya halo. I also feel it looks the best on it's own.
IMG_3832.jpg
@m-2-b Your ring still makes me go “OMG...”. :love::love::love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who don't wear a wedding band I'm curious... does it ever make you feel like you're just engaged (like there's something missing from your set)? Or do you get questions about when you're getting married?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who don't wear a wedding band I'm curious... does it ever make you feel like you're just engaged (like there's something missing from your set)? Or do you get questions about when you're getting married?
Even without any ring I feel very very married. :lol-2: So it doesn’t make any difference to me.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel Have we seen this antique looking beauty before?? I love it!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear a wedding band on my left hand, usually just a wedding band. If I wear my ER I wear it as a set, if I even had one fabulous enough that it looked best on it's own I would wear wedding band on the left and ER on the right.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear something on my wedding finger - that's my starting point. Most often I alternate between my 7 stone platinum anni band, my antique 5 stone ruby and diamond rose gold band, or one of my plain, heavy, gold bands from e-weddingrings (I have both yellow and rose gold).

But most often, it's the one pictured below.

20180103_101724_resized.jpg 20180103_101733_resized.jpg 20180103_101753_resized.jpg

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
I wear only my VC Emilya on my wedding finger. It is so beautiful and special to me that I do not want to wear anything else with it. Because of the size difference, I cannot wear my original wedding band on my right hand. It does not bother me at all to not wear a wedding band. However, I might eventually get one and wear it on my right hand, just because it will be fun to get a new ring!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a plain wedding band most of the time but I’ve recently got another one to work into the rotation
B3D237FB-8BC3-4B88-98E8-9EFE56B22E1F.jpeg

91730CEC-D94D-45BD-A6B3-3C96DFB49FD0.jpeg
16060900-136F-42CA-8763-9CAFBEED0718.jpeg

I really do love this new band!:kiss2:

M

MTHealthyLiving

0AD160D5-338E-4565-AEB5-C67A308CE4A0.jpeg
New here. I have been admiring all your photos and it seems many of you just wear one ring, an E ring, but I am unsure if that was just for the photos. I just ordered a VC Anne Marie, haven't received it yet. It is much thinner than my original ring. I have always worn just one thicker ring but I am trying to decide if I will need to add a band to this more delicate style.
Would love to see photos of these VC or similar rings you have.

After I had my son, I gained tons of weight, and was told my channel set
e-ring and wedding band couldn’t be resized. So I wore nothing. I HATED that. Fast forward six years... I’m still fat, but my husband bought me a yogo sapphire diamond ring for our tenth anniversary so I finally had a ring to wear. While I LOVE the yogo ring, I still hated the idea that my engagement and wedding weren’t being represented on my finger. So I sold my engagement ring and bought the milgrain band (middle one) to replace the e-ring. Then I found someone to resize my channel wedding band.
I wear them all together. I’m waiting on a sapphire band to add to my stack because while I love diamonds, I feel like I need a little something to make my set pop!
I’m a very sentimental person, so that’s why I wear them like that. But everyone is so different. You do what you love. There’s so many amazing ideas here, I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results