shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still dream about a piece of jewelry you didn't get...

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
There was a palladium Tiffany band I saw on a quick stop at the Tiffany flagship store in the early 2000s. It was the only one and slightly too big. I went back a few days later to buy it anyway and it was gone. I asked every Tiffany store I passed by for years and haven’t seen one like it since.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When my exhusband and I were shopping for a 1/2 carat engagement ring around 1978, a jewelry store called the Jewel Box in North Carolina had the most beautiful diamond ring. It was round, 1/2 carat in a white gold or platinum 4 or 6 prong tapered setting. It was over $2000 dollars and I wanted it so badly. I still remember how much I wanted it. The jewelry store has long since been closed.

$2,000 was a LOT of money back in 1978, I can fully understand why you had to pass. :cry2:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring do much, it was at the jeweler’s for a year. I was going to buy it for myself one day and my boyfriend (now husband) said no no I want to buy it for you as an engagement ring. Went back the next day and It sold, needless to say I was hysterical. I loved that ring so much. I was so drawn to it and it fit perfectly. I felt like it was mine in a past life. The jeweler said the same thing, I always wonder why it sold right when I was going to get it after it had been there for over a year. I still search for one like it or if maybe the person who bought sold it somewhere, I have hope. It’s been 10 years and I’m still heart broken about it. It was 20’s-30’s Art Deco with a antique cushion cut or old mine cut. He’s not an expert in old cuts, the center was 1.25ct and at the time I knew nothing about diamonds, just knew I loved it
D4B2E1F6-2B00-4B31-93B1-C78FA3691E2E.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 6 years ago, a friends mother died. She had boxes and boxes of jewelry, and he brought it all to my house so we could sort through it.

There was an art deco jade and sterling brooch. One big piece of jadeite in a cushion shaped sterling frame. I had already selected several pieces that I wanted to buy from him, and I didn't want to appear greedy.
But I really wanted it, and I thought I would, at a later date, ask him for it.

But I was too late, as he sold all the jewelry to antique store for $200.
They later put it in their case for $400. I'm still so sad about that.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring do much, it was at the jeweler’s for a year. I was going to buy it for myself one day and my boyfriend (now husband) said no no I want to buy it for you as an engagement ring. Went back the next day and It sold, needless to say I was hysterical. I loved that ring so much. I was so drawn to it and it fit perfectly. I felt like it was mine in a past life. The jeweler said the same thing, I always wonder why it sold right when I was going to get it after it had been there for over a year. I still search for one like it or if maybe the person who bought sold it somewhere, I have hope. It’s been 10 years and I’m still heart broken about it. It was 20’s-30’s Art Deco with a antique cushion cut or old mine cut. He’s not an expert in old cuts, the center was 1.25ct and at the time I knew nothing about diamonds, just knew I loved it
D4B2E1F6-2B00-4B31-93B1-C78FA3691E2E.jpeg

You love this ring so much, and it looks so pretty on your finger. I'm not sure if it's something you would consider, but you could have something similar made.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I still pine over @JDDN s 2.59ct K AVC.

It was up for sale just after I'd got engaged and I didn't really know as much about diamonds as I do now - so I'm not sure if I fit the criteria for this thread, but I think about that stone cut by Yoram every single day.

I do hope it went to a good home!

Here are the threads if anyone needs reminding how stunning this stone was.

In the CVB Giselle Setting

Reset into a rose gold bezel

AVC_RO6.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure I’ve told the story here before, but here it goes again. My mother had beautiful jewelry. About four months before she died I was visiting her and she brought out all the jewelry to show me.
There was a diamond bracelet Cartier watch that was incredible, my heart just opened when I saw that beautiful thing. My mother told me that it had belonged to my stepdad‘s deceased wife and my mother was going to give it to my stepsister. I actually thought about talking Mom into giving it to me instead but of course I couldn’t. Wish I had.

The next time I asked my mother about it she said she had called my stepsister to tell her that she had something for her, and my stepsister said that she was too busy for a visit. Knowing my mother, she would not have told my stepsister what it was.

Fast forward four months, my mother died, and the only jewelry we ever found were her two wedding sets. Everything else had disappeared including the Cartier watch. I still look for that watch online from time to time, even after eight years.
This is the only photo I have. So, if you ever see it somewhere..... 573857

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure I’ve told the story here before, but here it goes again. My mother had beautiful jewelry. About four months before she died I was visiting her and she brought out all the jewelry to show me.
There was a diamond bracelet Cartier watch that was incredible, my heart just opened when I saw that beautiful thing. My mother told me that it had belonged to my stepdad‘s deceased wife and my mother was going to give it to my stepsister. I actually thought about talking Mom into giving it to me instead but of course I couldn’t. Wish I had.

The next time I asked my mother about it she said she had called my stepsister to tell her that she had something for her, and my stepsister said that she was too busy for a visit. Knowing my mother, she would not have told my stepsister what it was.

Fast forward four months, my mother died, and the only jewelry we ever found were her two wedding sets. Everything else had disappeared including the Cartier watch. I still look for that watch online from time to time, even after eight years.
This is the only photo I have. So, if you ever see it somewhere..... dsc00183_0.jpg

That is so sad. I'm very sorry about your mom. I truly hope you find the watch someday.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

This is the only photo I have. So, if you ever see it somewhere..... dsc00183_0.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that. :( I hope it turns up some day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Jimmianne your words are compelling. Sleep tight beautiful lady. Thinking of you across the kms…...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne your words are compelling. Sleep tight beautiful lady. Thinking of you across the kms…...

Thanks, Sharon. What a funny world. Losing my Mom’s jewelry is undoubtedly what brought me to PS and I have enjoyed “filling the family jewelry box once again”!
Hope you are having sweet dreams as I write this, and when you read it...Happy Monday! Another Funday LOL

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I regret that I didn’t purchase Nuri the pendant from Boucheron. Tried to find it in Tokyo and Paris but was not available. When I look online it’s also unavailable. Maybe it’s discontinued?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I regret that I didn’t purchase Nuri the pendant from Boucheron. Tried to find it in Tokyo and Paris but was not available. When I look online it’s also unavailable. Maybe it’s discontinued?

Sorry to threadjack, is that an apricot poodle I see in your avatar? I have one too!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to threadjack, is that an apricot poodle I see in your avatar? I have one too!

My toy poodle used to be red but is now more apricot. They are great dogs, aren’t they. How old is yours?

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Last threadjack post, I swear! I love poodles! So smart and loving. Mine is 17 years old this week.
76D69B52-8C9D-49AA-87F0-27E7EF37F4F9.jpeg
What an absolutely precious little fur baby. I can’t believe she is 17 years old! That is amazing. They are indeed incredibly smart and loving.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I follow her on IG, how did I miss this beauty?!

Looks so white on JBG website and instagram post. But here she has that delicious yellow buttery goodness

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 , that face! I had no idea they could live that long!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wracked my brain to think of what I’ve missed out on... but honestly, I think I have more examples of regretting the things I’ve bought and never ever wear! Once the post office opens up again you better believe I’ll be posting on LT so that I can buy a dream piece with the funds :D

Rings I think of having missed out on... I now have something even better in my possession. So I hope that can be true for all of you <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results