shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still dream about a piece of jewelry you didn't get...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I sold all the lovely jewellery my ex bought me whilst in NZ. One ring was from the jewellers I linked earlier, Partridge Jewellers in Wellington. It was a 6mm wide, heavy 18ct yellow gold ring, with a narrow chanel of the most perfect diamonds, suspended across the top half. Stunning. I sold it, along with the other things, when i moved in with my husband. I regretted it immediately & have often tried to hunt it down. Gutted ;(

It's tough to know what to keep from an ex. I still have my old wedding set - I do plan to sell soon. I am keeping these beautiful pearl studs that he gave to me at a loving time and I'm ok with it and they look beautiful in my diamond jackets. And my husband is ok with it so I'm happy!
So sorry you don't have your beautiful ring. As @missy says you have your loving husband and maybe you can remake your band one day. Hugs.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This. It’s a tiara that converts to a necklace. I told myself I have no need for a tiara. How wrong I was!
15480594-D782-4D06-9164-9ACA138BAE6E.png

YES!!! Oh I love this :kiss2: Life is such a balance of what we choose.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's tough to know what to keep from an ex. I still have my old wedding set - I do plan to sell soon. I am keeping these beautiful pearl studs that he gave to me at a loving time and I'm ok with it and they look beautiful in my diamond jackets. And my husband is ok with it so I'm happy!
So sorry you don't have your beautiful ring. As @missy says you have your loving husband and maybe you can remake your band one day. Hugs.

Thank you - what a sweet thing to say. Yes, it's tough when deciding what to keep. The only thing I did hang onto was a pair of antique lever back earrings, which I've posted before, purely because they didn't come with a nasty note or sentiment & are very captivating. I figured they already had history, so I would add to their story. I'm glad your husband is ok with you keeping your pearls!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can see why the jewels posted above caused remorse, some beauties indeed!

For me, its this pair of OMC's, total 1.78 E-D VS/per GIA as I recall.

I loved them, thought they were stunning. But I also thought the vender was asking far too much, something like 65-7500, so I returned them. Who knows, maybe that was a good price, but I didn't trust my judgement back in 2014. I still think about them!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why the jewels posted above caused remorse, some beauties indeed!

For me, its this pair of OMC's, total 1.78 E-D VS/per GIA as I recall.

I loved them, thought they were stunning. But I also thought the vender was asking far too much, something like 65-7500, so I returned them. Who knows, maybe that was a good price, but I didn't trust my judgement back in 2014. I still think about them!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Urgh, these are so pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off hand, I think my biggest regret was not keeping the 3 ct light yellow AVC that @sarahb was waiting for when I returned it to Jon! I ended up with two smaller light yellow AV stones that are beautiful, too, but I wish I had kept the big one!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looved this ruby ring. But the asking price was 14.000 EURO... Not even 2 ct and non trade ideal colour?
I decided to hunt for a sapphire instead and found my gorgeous sapphires
66983C1E-37C2-4F20-99D1-BFD26B361FDB.jpeg 44C43BBA-8923-425D-8506-738F5BE2045D.jpeg C92A4572-6F0E-421E-A4DE-FF67251EA546.jpeg 339464D3-D430-4411-A180-EFDF2BBAD9C9.jpeg E8BFFFCF-3B08-473B-A845-B2963D7B2A85.jpeg 334137BD-7565-47DF-9DB4-95D364D6ABC9.jpeg 66983C1E-37C2-4F20-99D1-BFD26B361FDB.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006, pure serendipity to be sure. I was devastated that morning when he told me it was gone. As soon as it became available, I jumped on it!

You may not remember, but he also had a 4.2 N as well...do you remember seeing it? It was not an Ideal cut, but still gorgeous nonetheless, & it had the same tone of yellow as the 3.0 N. Here's the 4.2 & the 3 together:
image007.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006, pure serendipity to be sure. I was devastated that morning when he told me it was gone. As soon as it became available, I jumped on it!

You may not remember, but he also had a 4.2 N as well...do you remember seeing it? It was not an Ideal cut, but still gorgeous nonetheless, & it had the same tone of yellow as the 3.0 N. Here's the 4.2 & the 3 together:
image007.jpg

I think that 4 ct one was originally his wife's. I am sure it was out of my budget and size range at the time! The 3 ct one was obviously meant to be yours, and I ended up with an AV light yellow for each daughter, which is also probably for the best! However, if you ever decide to sell yours in the future, please ask me first. :lol:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of 2 other pieces that still stick in my craw that I didn't grab right away.
A true case of "you snooze.. you lose." :sleep:
A Cartier ruby ring with all it's original paperwork and a Cartier white gold rolling ring.
:lol-2:Thank you all for listening to my missing jewels lament..
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.27.09 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.22.44 AM.jpg

Oh, that Cartier ring :kiss2:, so classy.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you - what a sweet thing to say. Yes, it's tough when deciding what to keep. The only thing I did hang onto was a pair of antique lever back earrings, which I've posted before, purely because they didn't come with a nasty note or sentiment & are very captivating. I figured they already had history, so I would add to their story. I'm glad your husband is ok with you keeping your pearls!

Yay for the antique earrings! And great sentiment to add to their story. Here's a pic of my pearl studs with the jacket. My hubby loves them in the jackets! The Pearl's have beautiful luminosity and are a little small for the jackets but it's all good. 20200201_150257.jpg 20200201_150259.jpg 20200201_150219.jpg 20200201_144452.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sold all the lovely jewellery my ex bought me whilst in NZ. One ring was from the jewellers I linked earlier, Partridge Jewellers in Wellington. It was a 6mm wide, heavy 18ct yellow gold ring, with a narrow chanel of the most perfect diamonds, suspended across the top half. Stunning. I sold it, along with the other things, when i moved in with my husband. I regretted it immediately & have often tried to hunt it down. Gutted ;(

I always loved looking in the Partridge window but ive never been inside

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Please note all my 'likes' on this entire thread are really tears

Im so sorry you got burgled. That's horrible

Yes, that is the worst. I'm so sorry that happened. I had a cleaning service once and they got me good.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
A pair of lovely sapphire earrings. I was still a student at the time so it was perfectly reasonable not to buy them but they left a hole in my soul anyway *dramatic sigh*

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My regret is just from the mall jewler so eye roll if you want to

Im sure now ive been here for a few months i know now for what it was it was overpriced and doesn't have good diamonds but i really love this ring sooooo much

It was 4k when i couldnt really justify that anount of money ...and i know from hard experience not to buy stuff from the mall at full price
Anyway a few months ago it was on clearence for 1.5k
It just killed me
It really sux not working

im hoping to one day track one down preloved somewhere - it was a ring that was often on promotion so im sure they sold hundreds over the years - and just hope i can find one in a bigger size to fit my fat fingers C12315222-204_1.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have two items, not jewellery, that I have missed out on twice and if I ever see them again, third time they'll be mine.
another is a bangle.......
one was over 35 years ago, an Art Deco tea set, Royal Doulton. I saw it at an auction and didn’t buy it. Saw it at an antique shop and didn’t buy it and decades later still no third sighting.
second was a huge, and I mean huge, Amethyst geode that was a coffee table. It weighs almost a ton. I saw it both times at auction. When we did our extension I had it built at the rear of the house and on concrete as I hoped to purchase a similar geode to take pride of place in our extra family room. No such luck, havent seen a huge geode for over a decade.
The bangle.
sigh.
I saw it an event called the Royal Easter show which runs over about 10 days during April. While this event is about animals, produce, arena events, rides and showbags, in a pavilion there was a ”pop up shop” an antique jewellery seller. She had the most amazing diamond set bangle. I adored it but at $5,000 I didn’t have that cash on me! I couldn’t stop thinking about it so after a discussion with DH the next day I did a withdrawal from an investment, had $5,000 cash in my wallet and took a day off work to go back to the Show and acquire it.
I was in high spirits and very excited. I made my way to the pavilion and the vendor. To my absolute horror when I arrived I saw that another lady had it on her wrist. I was silently praying “put it down, put in down” but she didn’t and I then had to watch as her husband/ boyfriend counted out the money to the seller.
And it was gone.
I still dream about that bangle.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do. My jeweler had an unbelievably beautiful pink sapphire ring that I just loved. First piece I would try on every time we visited her store. Just my style and I loved everything about it. How I wanted that ring but I guess it wasn't meant for me. I still think about it all the time.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Oh man, that’s insanely gorgeous. It’s no wonder it still haunts you.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A PS’er sold a gorgeous diamond antique necklace on LT or DB some years ago. I thought I had a photo but cannot find it. I think the necklace was made out of pieces of another piece. It had a pear diamond drop on it. I lusted after that necklace but didn’t think I could spend the $$$ on it - maybe it was $5k. I still think about that necklace.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A PS’er sold a gorgeous diamond antique necklace on LT or DB some years ago. I thought I had a photo but cannot find it. I think the necklace was made out of pieces of another piece. It had a pear diamond drop on it. I lusted after that necklace but didn’t think I could spend the $$$ on it - maybe it was $5k. I still think about that necklace.

that reminds me i seriously thought about buying this during the mc2 closing sale...it was marked down to 4k...had it in my "cart" for a few days but i already have a pendant and couldn't bring myself to spend the $ on another

such a pretty necklace

1580593683030.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for the antique earrings! And great sentiment to add to their story. Here's a pic of my pearl studs with the jacket. My hubby loves them in the jackets! The Pearl's have beautiful luminosity and are a little small for the jackets but it's all good. 20200201_150257.jpg 20200201_150259.jpg 20200201_150219.jpg 20200201_144452.jpg

These remind me perfectly of the antique pearl & OEC ring I inherited from my beautiful Great Aunt in 2014. She was 99 & the ring was a gift for her 25th Birthday from my Great Uncle. They dated it 1895-1905.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
There was only ever one piece that I wish I got but never did. It was not in my budget. Then life got in the way and other bling became front runners. My partner also loves this ring. I was going to get it for his significant birthday and we got into a massive fight and I re-negged on the gift. The moment those words left my mouth I regretted it. :(. So he said he would get it for himself.

Later on, he managed to be in the store (only on the east coast and we live on the west coast) when he was over for a conference.... and he met the designer! Stefano then created the first ring of this kind. A variation of the cubism ring- it has side rails.....Very envious/ jealous that it occurred.

so, I do get to see the piece but never get to wear it, unless it’s for Pictures for you guys! Lol

However, there is a second piece that recently came into mind... I woudl not have ever considered this piece, if I had never seen it. Now thst I have, I would like it- but I know it will never be in budget... it was from Alex. He has amazing deals in pieces... it is the carre tennis bracelet in platinum. My heart skipped a beat , right size, step cuts...and the pricing- OMG!! I only wish I didn’t have other projects under way.... and, I think to recreate this ring it would be more than what he was offering. Ugh...

here are the pics.
1E0C8D67-AD14-44AB-83D2-248EBE2AAF94.jpeg 3841D7B8-848D-4216-BFE3-816C768C78EE.jpeg 8E4E8F96-D089-4537-AE85-91423CA54C22.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that reminds me i seriously thought about buying this during the mc2 closing sale...it was marked down to 4k...had it in my "cart" for a few days but i already have a pendant and couldn't bring myself to spend the $ on another

such a pretty necklace

1580593683030.png

I admired this also.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh and that Bvlgari ruby and diamond ring at Eragems. My list and dopiness goes on and on...:rolleyes:
(i am sure I'll recall more later....)

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These remind me perfectly of the antique pearl & OEC ring I inherited from my beautiful Great Aunt in 2014. She was 99 & the ring was a gift for her 25th Birthday from my Great Uncle. They dated it 1895-1905.
IMG_20180311_171231.jpg

Oh so beautiful and romantic! Your ring and my earrings match beautifully :)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much; they took some beautiful meaningful pieces

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results