shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom AVC 2.0

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, happy hump day (it's Wednesday here.....)!

Some of you know my custom AVC from this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-cut-avc-in-cvb.229336/

I reset my AVC and I adore the setting! The bezel really enhances the contrast zones in the stone and it's so sleek and elegant to me :roll:. The setting is hand carved in 14K Rose Gold by Rebecca Overmann. After having the ring back guess how many times I've worn it? Zero! I wear it around the house for a bit and admire it and fawn over it. Then I tuck it away until the next time I want to admire my coveted stone. I just can't get over how beautiful it is, but I also just can't get over how big it is to me and how uncomfortable I feel wearing it. Even thought the bezel does increase the outline overall on the finger, I felt the same way when it was in its previous Giselle setting. I was really hoping its new home would make me feel good about wearing it and even though its new home is much more 'me' I know it's going to sit in a little box. I love diamonds, but I would also love to feel good about wearing them! I am currently wearing on a daily basis a 0.5 carat rose cut bezel and I adore it's size. I wear it everywhere because it's easy and low key and it makes me happy, lol. I know if I had a smaller AVC I'd feel the same way. So after some very hard lessons I am letting this stone go. I can't say I didn't try, but how about I get a smaller one and actually enjoy it on my finger says me! Thanks for reading and looking :). Pictures to follow!

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning compliment to your stone JDDN! That brushed rose gold is devine :love:. Well, you can't say you didn't give it the old college try! Always go with your gut and it will be the right decision for you. Do you have another AVC stone in mind? Will you set it the same way? It would just be a smaller version? Thank you for showing us this beauty and I KNOW you will find the right ring, or maybe just stick to the one you are wearing now ;-) It makes you happy! What more could you ask for?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful and I think it looks like a perfect size on your hand! I am sorry that it makes you feel uncomfortable. However, jewelry is meant to be enjoyed and worn so if it is going to sit in a box, might as well find something else that makes you happy and comfortable. Best of luck in your search - hope you find the perfect stone for you!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Mercy me, that diamond! That setting! Both are gorgeous! I personally like small diamonds on my hand. I once bought a 6.5 mm stone and returned it because I felt that a smaller stone suited me better. I'm looking forward to seeing your next AVC!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love both the settings your AVC has been in. However, if you don't feel comfortable wearing it, it's not worth it. You should find one that you know you will wear.

Now, if I had extra $$$$ lying around I would be willing to step up and help you out and take that diamond off your hands. ;-)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's perfection - and I thought that with the previous setting too but really, it's not me wearing it. You have to love wearing it and if you don't feel super happy every time you look at it, it's not right for you.
That stone is ridiculously beautiful - the colours in the facets is surreal. Will you get the same but smaller again?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is one gorgeous ring! Simple but soooo elegant at the same time. I think it looks amazingly perfect on your hand, but I know you have to be comfortable with it.

Maybe wear it more often and see if it gets less bothersome?

Or I could be a wear-tester for you :mrgreen:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do decide to buy something else get a much smaller like 1.00 or 1.50 carat AVC or AVR or real Antique old cut from someone like Grace or Adam and put that into a simple setting. I think something that was substantially smaller might get worn and it's the overall size that is still the issue.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire - Thank you! I really love the setting and I would definitely be happy if I could just shrink the thing down, lol. The ring I wear now is almost more like a band with some oomph which is great. For example I wouldn't hesitate to wear it camping or at the beach playing with my kiddos. Since I absolutely heart diamonds and especially the AVC, I'm definitely going for a smaller version than what I have now. I can't get enough of the faceting and the color play and I know if I can settle on a good size for me, it would get a ton of wear :).

MGR - Thank you for your sweet and encouraging comments! I think the ring and diamond are absolutely smashing and this AVC whether it's in the current setting or in another one will make someone very, very happy.

daintyG - Thank you, I too think the whole thing is gorgeous. It's hard not to be greedy and keep it, but it really bothers me knowing I have it and I don't like wearing it out and about! I really feel small stones suit me better too. I am lucky to have owned some larger beautiful stones to compare. By the way, I adore your cushion. That looks like a great size (for me anyway!).

Yimmers - Thank you so much, I too love both of the settings it's been in. Both beautiful in their own way, the bezel suits me more at least I know that to be true! Lol at having some extra $$$$ laying around! Yeah, if I were a gazillionaire I would just keep it to admire at my leisure, lol.

Foxinsox - Thank you for your compliments! The light play is insane. I secretly think it has magical powers because every time I decide to let it go, it mesmerizes me and tells me to keep it. Where's Gandolf?!?! Or Frodo or Sam?!?! Yup, I just went there :D. And yes, I am going to get smaller and set it very similarly. Like a mini-me :).

Ilikeshiny - Thank you so much! I too think it's simple but elegant. It really showcases the diamond which is the main event ;-). I have tried wearing it and when I think about going somewhere in it, I feel all kinds of self-conscious and uncomfortable :oops:.

Arkieb - Yup, you are spot on. I have a little 1 carat OEC coming to me tomorrow and I'm planning on sending for some smaller AVC's to look at. Anything I keep will go into a simple bezel. I cannot wait to find something I feel 100% good about wearing!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's a stunning ring! But beautiful things are meant to be seen an enjoyed, so kudos to you for realizing you'd be happier with something smaller (but equally beautiful!). What'll be the fate of this ring, if you don't mind my asking?

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks gorgeous on you. Very tasteful. If you'd worn it often you'd probably have got used to the size. But it's what you like that matters and I'm sure a mini version will look lovely too.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. I loved the previous incarnation too, but it's not me who is wearing it (though I would snatch it off your hand & ram it on my finger in a heartbeat if I ever got near you!!)

If I had the money I would contact you & buy it. It's just heavenly & as I am lazy with jewellery, I expect it wouldn't leave my hand.

But you need to find a smaller, equally as beautiful diamond that makes your heart sing, and then sit down with a fabulous designer & discuss your life, what you do with your day, where you go etc. They can then use their design brains & hopefully come up with The Setting that would fit comfortably into all of that.

Good luck with your search!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Roselicious!:love:

I'm sorry it
isn't the perfect ring for you and I hope you find the perfect new owner for it and enjoy and wear all your bling and good luck with your search!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you know, I love your diamond! It has looked beautiful in both settings! But I knew the size was the main problem and I can definitely relate to that feeling! I hope that beautiful ring ends up in the right home, and that you choose another beautiful AVC that will be comfortably worn!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO beautiful!!! I would take it off your hands in a heart beat...that AVC is just TDF :love::love::love: But it is such a shame that it's not being worn so I totally understand your hunt for the *perfect* stone that you could feel 100% comfortable with to wear and enjoy!! I hope that happens for you soon!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really beautiful JDDN! I wish it fit in your lifestyle a little better but a smaller AVC will be just as lovely!

(wish I could have her...but I'm kind of in the same boat that larger stones dont really fit in too well...lifestyle or budget:cry::geek:)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hayley87 - Thanks for your kind words :). For this ring, I will likely consign it with one of our beloved vendors. I don't know if I have it in me to sell on my own :cry:.

Rivendell - You know, I think this ring would look gorgeous on anyone who puts it on :lol:. When I try wearing it all I can feel is like I wished I had on a smaller diamond. It's like putting on 4 inch platform heels and when you're out thinking how you wish you were in the 2 inch heels :-o.

AlexT - You make me laugh!! I would be happy for you to wear this ring in loaner form or permanently :twisted:. Thank you for your understanding words. I know I'll get something that is just right!

Missy - Thank you! Roselicious, I love that! The new owner is going to be stoked as we would've said in college, lol. I do love bling very much, so it's just a matter of finding the right bling for me :).

DS - Thank you, you would love this AVC ;-). I already have my eye on a couple contenders!!

ac117 - Thank you for loving my AVC and for wishing me to a happy bling size!

tyty - Thank you so much! Like I said before, it's not like I didn't try :roll:. I feel good about going smaller as these sparklies are meant to be enjoyed and worn!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh JDDN--rose gold is a perfect choice, with the blues & pastels that thing throws--yum! I love it. I bet it is divine. I liked the Gisele, but this setting I may like even more. I wish you could keep it. Or just let it sit for a few years. My mind keeps thinking as your lifestyle changes & you transition out of the young child age you might find yourself regretting this stone if you sell it, it truly is gorgeous. Is that even a possibility? Maybe you'll 'know it' when those smaller stones arrive.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring:love:. I'm a big fan of bezels and this setting is amazing. so sleek and moderm.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and I also really liked the first version. I can relate to this, sometimes it takes some mistakes to know what you really want. Luckily for you it is a smaller stone and not a bigger one! :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know how much I love this ring. The pain is not wearing it so I wish you lots of luck finding exactly what fits you and your lifestyle best.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb - Hi :wavey:! The pastels this stone throws is crazy beautiful. It has some weird hold over me! I considered heavily keeping it until 'things are different' but it's not just the little kiddos, it's really that I don't like too big of a stone. I don't think I'll feel any differently in another 5 or more years and I can't stand knowing I have it in a little box :confused:. But you're right, I think I'll know when I see some smaller stones, which.....are arriving tomorrow!!!!!

Baby Monster - Thank you for your kinds words :). I love, love, love bezels :razz:.

acaw2015 - :lol: My husband is also happy that it's a smaller stone and not a bigger one!! Problem is that I kind of want more than one :-o! Oops!

LLJ - Thank you my friend :). You are right, the pain is not wearing it and keeping it in the hopes I may wear it later in life doesn't feel right.

westjenn - Thank you for liking the ring! I have yet to send it off for consignment as I'm grappling with separating the stone and setting. I think the stone may sell easier alone, but of course the selfish side of me wants someone to buy the ring intact (and wishes it's a PSer!)! If you're curious, you can contact me through my LT listings. In fact there's a recent on Preloved ;-).

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN,
Does this mean you'll sell the ring, or use it to downsize/customize to something smaller? It's very beautiful, and I'm very comfortable wearing something that size. :love:
I just may be interested, if you're going to sell. If you intend to use it for a future project, I wish you well. So glad you exhausted all possibilities before giving up on her...she's a beautiful diamond!!!
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results