shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom cut AVC in CVB

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better late than never! I've finally snapped some photos of my AVC since the sun has made it's debut. I worked with Jonathan at GOG for this custom cut AVC. Jonathan is the kindest, happiest, most patient person, lol. It was really a pleasure to work with him and his team. As far as a timeline for those who are interested, this project began one year ago! It took some time to find suitable rough within my specifications and I would say that is the biggest time unknown if someone is considering a custom cut stone. Once it was located, I think it took about 4 weeks to be cut and another couple of weeks for grading at AGS. My specs were 2.25+ carats, J-L color, VS2+, fluoro up to medium. What I got: 2.59 carats, K, VS1, VSB. Because it took forever to find the rough, I didn't fuss about the VSB and because I wanted fluoro I thought what the heck. Diamondseeker and Jonathan assured me that the VSB would not be overly blue and they were right. I love the VSB! Most of the time I can't tell there's any fluoro at all and in the sun there's just a faint hint of blue/lavender but only in certain conditions.

For the setting, I chose a modified Giselle by CVB. I really loved BrightIce's with her antique emerald and so that was my inspiration. The custom cut French cut sides took the longest and after that it was about 4 weeks for production. Caysie was wonderful to work with. She makes things a breeze and it was very low stress.

And full disclosure.....I'm resetting my AVC!! I know, I know.....I determined I'm a solitaire girl at heart and that I would feel a lot safer with a bezel. It's a hard decision. This setting is so pretty and every time I look at it, I want to keep it. But then when I wear it, I know I should reset it. Sigh.....When will I learn?!?!

avc_cvb1.jpg

avc_cvb3.jpg

avc_cvb4.jpg

avc_cvb5.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more, plus a flower shot!

avc_cvb6.jpg

avc_cvb7.jpg

avc_cvb2.jpg

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your AVC is absolutely gorgeous!!! congratulations!!
Looking forward to seeing your solitaire :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting!!! So sorry to hear you will reset your stone, but it's good to follow your heart! I hope you will set a colored stone in it. Thanks for posting your gorgeous pics!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so gorgeous! I am sorry the setting isn't your heart's desire because it suits the stone so well - but I am sure you will choose something equally beautiful for your next attempt!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Could Caysie add a bezel around the center, but keep the rest of the ring as is? Or, have you just decided that you're set on a solitaire?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi JDDN!! :wavey: You know I've been waiting for you to post this! :bigsmile: That stone is just scrumptious! :love: :love:
Take my breath away stunning! Would you mind sharing your stone's dimensions? Do you know who you will have make the new setting?
Sorry for the interrogation, I'm so excited to see this beauty on your hand! You take the best pictures.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
AMAZING!!! :love: :love:

P

PierreBear

Beautiful! What a pairing with the stone and the setting! Congrats!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G :love: This is so gorgeous. Ditto re adding a bezel to the existing ring as it is SO pretty but you know your heart. This stone will look glorious in any setting I suspect.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my heavens, your ring is incredible!! The stone is to die for, and that's one of my all-time favorite settings! But I hear you, I tried to love a gorgeous setting for a year, and while I loved it visually, I didn't love wearing it. Can't wait to see the new home you choose for your beauty. No doubt it will be just as stunning!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:lickout: :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The heading of this post actually made me nervous about opening it! Two of my favourite phrases: 'Custom Cut AVC' and 'CVB'.

I actually had to steal myself to get through the writing & not scroll to pictures! And... Oh. My. God. Seriously. I would die if I owned this diamond!! As others have said, you could put it in ANY setting & it would look wonderful. :love: :love: :love:

One day I hope to be knocking on both Jonathan's and Caysie's doors.....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - congrats on having a great turn out on a custom cut! Please post many more pictures!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your very kind comments!!

In my haste I forgot to make a shout out to my custom AVC sister Lainey ::) . I know she isn't as frequent on PS these days but nevertheless, the whole process and journey wouldn't have been the same without her. We definitely held each other's hands along the way and she is a very sweet person. One more comment on the custom cut route.....It took a lot longer than anticipated in part because I was inflexible on who cut this stone and due to my specs and simply due to timing. I do know that my custom cut was definitely not the norm in terms of how long it took. But the entire process was extremely low stress and I think because I didn't need it for a wedding date and because of how Jonathan handles these custom cuts, I was at ease letting things just play out in their own sweet time.

Kbell: Thank you!

Ringcat: Thank you so much!! I owe you an overdue email!!! I hope you've been well 8) .

Acinom: Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm considering a colored stone, but my hesitation is that realistically I don't think I'd wear it!! :???: I really, really, really want a Montana Sapphire, but I'm not even sure I'd want it in this particular setting. I'm definitely up in the air about it!!

Distracts: Thank you so much! I am seriously torn about the setting....

Yennyfire: Ya know I totally thought about asking Caysie about that!! I think because the bar of the basket ever so slightly swoops it will look a little wonky. Also the bezel solitaire I have in mind is very simple, a totally different look. Silly decisions I have to make!

Bonfire: Thank you Bonnie!! I totally owe you an email too!! Caysie will make the new setting for me ::) . And the dimensions are: 8.47mm x 8.09mm x 5.38mm. It's the perfect ratio for me and part of my crazy that I asked for, lol.

Lorrissey, PierreBear, FoxinSox, RainyDaze: Thank you so much for your kind comments!

Rhino: Lol, thank you for everything. You were so fun to work with and made everything feel at ease. I couldn't have asked for a better experience :)) .

Alex T: You are so sweet! I sincerely hope you will be knocking on Jonathan and Caysie's door soon!!

MGR: Thank you!! These stones have me entranced and I'm utterly powerless against them :lol: . I will try and post some more photos later :bigsmile: .

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH!!! It's Gorgeous :love: :love: :love: So glad you are happy with the outcome of the AVC and as for the setting, I completely understand your dilemma. It's beautiful but do what you feel is best for your lifestyle...get happy with the complete package!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! I have been obsessed with this ring since I saw it an Instagram!

Your AVC is stunning! Congrats-and good luck with your reset.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a bezel will look amazing. And I love the VSB fluorescence. I can't get over how gorgeous this is!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I've been wondering how that setting would look in a cushion -- and it looks awesome! Congrats!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! :appl: Do you happen to have any pics of the VSB fluoro in direct sunlight?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one stunningly beautiful stone. It's amazing.

I hope you don't mind that I rotated your pics and resaved them.

avc_43.jpg

avc_44.jpg

avc_45.jpg

avc_46.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more. I can't wait to see your new setting. What are you going to do with your old one?

avc_47.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous ring!!!! :love: :love: :love: loveeee AVCs and yours is no exception! Sorry to hear you don't think this setting is *the one* but I hope you get it into something you could 100% love soon! ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it so much that I wish you'd just sell the whole thing to ME!!! :lol: The diamond turned out perfectly and I do so love it in that CVB setting! I totally get the setting indecision since I am right there with you in regard to my AVR. But I am going to give you an unsolicted honest opinion. ;)) I don't think I'd set this one in a bezel since your round is in a bezel, if it were mine (I wish!!! lol!). I think you might enjoy two different looks for the two rings in the long run, especially since you do like the look of a solitaire (and this one is like a solitaire with accents on the sides, like my antique asscher ring is).

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1489162510|4138884 said:
I love it so much that I wish you'd just sell the whole thing to ME!!! :lol: The diamond turned out perfectly and I do so love it in that CVB setting! I totally get the setting indecision since I am right there with you in regard to my AVR. But I am going to give you an unsolicted honest opinion. ;)) I don't think I'd set this one in a bezel since your round is in a bezel, if it were mine (I wish!!! lol!). I think you might enjoy two different looks for the two rings in the long run, especially since you do like the look of a solitaire (and this one is like a solitaire with accents on the sides, like my antique asscher ring is).

You'd have to arm wrestle me for it DS! :lol:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BrightIce: Aw, thank you for your compliment! Your ring is still on my top 5 :cheeky: . I love the stone so much that despite also loving the setting, I just want to have it in something that I'll actually wear comfortably. I know my life is crazy with my small kids now and that they won't always be small, but truth be told....I'm just kinda rough on rings! My husband says I have "working hands" and we laugh that his hands are smoother and softer than mine :lol: .

Kasey3, Derbygal, UrsTx: Thank you for your compliments!!!!

M-2-B: Thank you so much :)) . Yup, here are a couple in direct sunlight. It takes on a subtle blue/lavender shade but it's not as bold as I thought it would be.

avc_ds1.jpg

avc_ds2.jpg

avc_ds3.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ: Thank you! And thank you for rotating my photos!! Please tell me how you did that....... :confused:

ac117: Thank you for your sweet comment!

**edited by moderator, no selling in forums other than preloved**

DS: I love your unsolicited honest opinions!! I totally thought about that and I've been sitting on the decision for a couple months. At first I was thinking it would be good to have one prong set ring and another bezel set ring, but then I never grab this one and wear it. And that makes me sad because the stone is too beautiful not to be worn! The bezel idea I have will actually be very different than the Jin I have my RB in, so in essence they will be different looks. If I were in a situation to become a great collector like you or some others here, I would definitely leave it as is. And if you get your AVC I know you will set it in a gorgeous halo :naughty: :lickout: .

Bonfire: You crack me up so much!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This blows me away it is so gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: I love everything about it. Everything!!! Wear in health and happiness! :appl:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
JDDN, you have a beautiful ring and AVC! Do you have any of the GOG pictures (regular, ASET, and IS)? Did you request Yoram Finkelstein to cut your stone? Were you able to receive commentary and pictures of the cutting process?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results