carat
color
clarity

Custom cut AVC in CVB

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, no selling discussions on this forum per the policies. Take it to preloved.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely DREAMY... I can't believe you would want to reset it!! Having said that, I can also understand the anxiety of possibly damaging your gorgeous stone, so I DO kind of get it!!

Enjoy wearing your amazing ring in good health! :)

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Beautiful ring.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Nothing more amazing than an AVC with VSBF! Lucky you....good things come to those who wait! Enjoyed hearing about your journey to get your custom AVC and can't wait to see it reset.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Crystal_Dreams, poshmommy, and ariel144: Thank you SO much, I feel so lucky to have this beauty!!

Skhii: I saved the link somewhere to the webpage of my stone and that has the usual GOG pictures (IS, ASET, etc.). There are computer generated photos of the IS and ASET on the AGS report that I have as well. Yes! I insisted that Yoram cut my AVC!!! I actually didn't get commentary or pictures of the cutting process. My situation was a bit odd because of how long it took to locate rough. We were sooo close to having Yoram cut an existing RB into an AVC when my rough popped up. It was all very fast after that happened and I think because it had been so long that he just went to work and didn't bother with the extra stuff. It would've been interesting to see photos of the cutting process but I am not complaining with how things turned out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to just have Yoram cut me a clone of yours...it's perfect!!! :love: :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I saw this on IG and was all :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:... GORGEOUS!! Caysie is THE. BEST. :appl:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen - the proportions are so beautiful. I'm sorry that you are resetting it, but I can't wait to see it when you do!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really, really love your diamond and ring! I'm sorry this didn't turn out to be your forever ring. Interesting to consider putting a round stone in there. Has anyone ever done that with the Giselle?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! The large flashes of light and chunks are so ethereal. The setting looks spectacular!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh I love LOVE AVC's... your ring and the STONE! are so beautiful.. Congratulations!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Goldenfire got it right above--this is absolutely ethereal. So gorgeous!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Msop, violet3, Mikla, goldenfire, Tekate, and Hayley.....Thank you SO much for your sweet comments!!

Update: Long story but.....I am going to put out feelers for it on Preloved. I haven't decided 100% to sell, but I'm considering it.....sigh.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry - I cant resist asking - whyyyyyyyy? Is it not doing what you wanted it to do for you? How heartbreaking after waiting this long! I'm so sorry, JDDN!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b....It is seriously the most perfect stone. It had Gypsy in awe and she is not a fan of AVC's, LOL. I think I'm just a smaller stone gal. It's taken this AVC and my 2.81 OEC to realize that. I am truly waffling because it couldn't be more perfect in every way. I know I won't come across a stone like this one ever again so I'm really torn. I'm putting out feelers I'm just really, really torn......

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi JDDN:wavey:
I sympathize with your agony over this decision. It's your heart in conflict with your head. Whatever decision you make I hope will make you happy. All of us here support you!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thank you Bonfire!! You are seriously the sweetest person :)). And you hit the nail on the head....my heart is in conflict with my head. Sigh. Thank you for understanding the schizophrenia, lol.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stunning stone! I would wear it for quite some time to see if you could get used to the size - you waited so long, it's worth giving it the time to see if it 'settles'. Alternately, it's such a RARE stone - worth keeping as a collector's piece. Perhaps save it for special occasions and save for something smaller? Best of both worlds?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stunning stone! I would wear it for quite some time to see if you could get used to the size - you waited so long, it's worth giving it the time to see if it 'settles'. Alternately, it's such a RARE stone - worth keeping as a collector's piece. Perhaps save it for special occasions and save for something smaller? Best of both worlds?

Trust me mrs-b, I'm thinking heavily on this. It is such a rare stone and it's perfect. I flip flop by the minute!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one indecisive bling sister to another...I feel your pain! I love my solitaire, but I think DAILY about pulling it apart, getting a halo, doing a three stone, upgrading, selling...and on and on and on! I hope you get your heart's desire...just as soon as you can work out what it is!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one indecisive bling sister to another...I feel your pain! I love my solitaire, but I think DAILY about pulling it apart, getting a halo, doing a three stone, upgrading, selling...and on and on and on! I hope you get your heart's desire...just as soon as you can work out what it is!

We are not alone, lol! And thank you for the good thoughts.....I send them to you as well!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand your feelings :) I had a lovely AVC when they first came out but that was from a pervious relationship and before the AVR. I swapped my stone out for an AVR (instead of downgrading as I was really feeling) and despite its beauty...it just didn't look or feel right. I have no regrets selling my AVR back to Jonathan, the only crappy part was taking such a big loss on the stone. BUT I am much happier with my sapphire set. Granted I basically got rid of all my diamonds, but someday I plan on replacing them with smaller counterparts when life is a bit more practical for diamond wearing. House renovations, babies and my lifestyle at the moment just doesn't fit the bling bling I had!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand your feelings :) I had a lovely AVC when they first came out but that was from a pervious relationship and before the AVR. I swapped my stone out for an AVR (instead of downgrading as I was really feeling) and despite its beauty...it just didn't look or feel right. I have no regrets selling my AVR back to Jonathan, the only crappy part was taking such a big loss on the stone. BUT I am much happier with my sapphire set. Granted I basically got rid of all my diamonds, but someday I plan on replacing them with smaller counterparts when life is a bit more practical for diamond wearing. House renovations, babies and my lifestyle at the moment just doesn't fit the bling bling I had!

Ah...I totally relate!! Finding out what we love, what feels right, what fits our lifestyle are fun but expensive lessons, lol. It is so great to have a set that you love and that fits with your life right now. And the great thing is that when the time is right, you can get those smaller versions of diamonds and how fun will that be!

I've been through my share of "experimenting" and I suppose I'm still figuring it out. In talking with a good friend, it probably makes most sense to keep my AVC and sell my RB as I struggle with 2 "larger" rings. Larger is in quotes because that is a relative term here on PS!!

Thanks for sharing and commiserating with me vintagelover!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring. I think putting a bezel around it would make it more practical for everyday wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results