shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still dream about a piece of jewelry you didn't get...

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I cannot get the photos copied so above are the links!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do! There were 2 that were the "ones that got away"!

One was a 3ct+ pink diamond yeeeaaarrs ago, before FCD prices went crazy!!

The other an old cut 11ct EC diamond of J colour with strong blue fluor.

Unfortunately, no pics!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know that beast! That's one of Jogani's items, isn't it? *faints dead away*

Yasss. LOVE all his pieces but that ring was the bees knees. And if I had a disposable few hundred thousand dollars just laying around it would have been mine. One cannot have too many big beautiful old cut diamonds IMHO. 8)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I think about this Victorian ring EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It was the one that got away. I'm always kicking myself for not pulling the trigger when I could have. Maybe I'll have David Klass make something similar for me someday!

1580607336789.png

@KristyDarling David can definitely make you the exact ring. It’s Victorian so need to worry about copying a design. Go for it!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I looved this ruby ring. But the asking price was 14.000 EURO... Not even 2 ct and non trade ideal colour?

Several not 'pink sapphires' currently listed might be close - also in price; this is the best www I like rubies that more red like flowers than like blood too.

There was this gorgeous, and truly unique large aquamarine ... somewhat like a scissor cut, but the exterior of the stone looked like someone twisted it.

This cutter may know what you are talking about - www

-

For my part, I will likely let a natural blue topaz collection of rough go, then regret it, but I can't see myself doing anything with the stones either to wear, or just for the art, so someone else will.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several not 'pink sapphires' currently listed might be close - also in price; this is the best www I like rubies that more red like flowers than like blood too.

This cutter may know what you are talking about - www

-

For my part, I will likely let a natural blue topaz collection of rough go, then regret it, but I can't see myself doing anything with the stones either to wear, or just for the art, so someone else will.

@AV_ thank you so much!

Reactions: AV_

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Cartier Tank watch I should have bought in 1988 and a Cartier gold and diamond watch at Dubai duty free in 1990.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
When my exhusband and I were shopping for a 1/2 carat engagement ring around 1978, a jewelry store called the Jewel Box in North Carolina had the most beautiful diamond ring. It was round, 1/2 carat in a white gold or platinum 4 or 6 prong tapered setting. It was over $2000 dollars and I wanted it so badly. I still remember how much I wanted it. The jewelry store has long since been closed.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
not at that price - lol! And if I remember correctly it picked up pink quite well. Not a common light brown.
@acebruin if you are out there ....... :lol-2:

Just saw your post @Rfisher Unfortunately I gifted that ring to a family member over a decade ago. I do miss it from time to time...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have pictures, however there are two things that I still pine for.

One is a blue sapphire ring that I saw at a local jewelers over a decade ago. The sapphire was probably of decent quality but nothing PS-level. It was more the overall look of the ring - a half bezel done in YG and the shank in WG with proportions that were just so flattering to the piece and my hand.

The second is a Light Pink cushion that I saw on JA. It was small but the color jumped out amoungst all of the other muddy pinks. The cut was a pillowy cushion with a large culet. It was only 1300 too! But I opted for the diamond in my avatar and couldn't justify both (this was a RHR birthday present.) Sure enough when I finally went back thinking it was too good to pass up, it was gone.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An Antique thick width eternity band full of Old Mine cuts it was too large for my ring finger but fit my middle finger perfectly, mostly blingy yet elegant band I've every seen I could tell it was really top quality handmade, English hallmarks. I went back to buy it and it was sold.

I saw a true light to mid blue cornflower sapphire ring in a jewellers local to where I live (the colour that everyone wants) I ummed and aahhhed for a night went back the next day & it sold like an hour before I got back there as an engagement ring, so I hope they realise how difficult it is to get that coloured sapphire, I've never seen one that colour in that shop or any shops local to me every again...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw your post @Rfisher Unfortunately I gifted that ring to a family member over a decade ago. I do miss it from time to time...

too bad all the photos from CDI forum can’t be viewed anymore :(

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
When my exhusband and I were shopping for a 1/2 carat engagement ring around 1978, a jewelry store called the Jewel Box in North Carolina had the most beautiful diamond ring. It was round, 1/2 carat in a white gold or platinum 4 or 6 prong tapered setting. It was over $2000 dollars and I wanted it so badly. I still remember how much I wanted it. The jewelry store has long since been closed.

Aww I have gold earrings that I wore in high school from the Jewel Box and my original engagement ring was from there as well

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Aww I have gold earrings that I wore in high school from the Jewel Box and my original engagement ring was from there as well

I remember the one in Henderson and Burlington. They had beautiful jewelry!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I remember the one in Henderson and Burlington. They had beautiful jewelry!

I remember the ones in Charlotte, don't remember that much about them now other than picking out my engagement ring which was .38 carats. It was a good experience.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in 2005, I ran across this exquisite Raymond C Yard ring at a trunk show. Unfortunately finances at the time weren't working in our favor, and I had to let it go. I still think about it to this day, and wish I could have purchased it!

DSC04662small.JPG DSC04716small.JPG DSC04722small2.JPG DSC04735small.JPG DSC04741small.JPG

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in High School (9 yrs ago) there was a huge beautiful opal bracelet I was lusting after but bidding was ending during class. I asked my parents to bid on it for me during the last 20 seconds and as my mom did it someone bid higher. My dad knew I really wanted it and told my mom to bid (and he'll pay the difference) but she ran out of time. This is the my biggest regret, I should've cut class, it still upsets me almost a decade late lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in 2005, I ran across this exquisite Raymond C Yard ring at a trunk show. Unfortunately finances at the time weren't working in our favor, and I had to let it go. I still think about it to this day, and wish I could have purchased it!

DSC04662small.JPG DSC04716small.JPG DSC04722small2.JPG DSC04735small.JPG DSC04741small.JPG

Wow. I feel for you--what a stunning (branded) ring!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler had my dream tsavorite ring many years ago but we couldn't afford it at the time. It was slightly over 3 carats, oval with a diamond halo. I think about it all the time. I also regret returning my rose cut cluster.
'

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. A couple of years ago, JBG had a K color asscher, 2 ct I think, set into what I think was a Sebastian Barier halo setting. I passed on it because I wasn't sure about the K color, but I'm still kicking my own butt that I didn't get it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh yes. One setting that led me to PS in the first place. I hate that I didnt buy it :(

Newlyengaged2020

Rough_Rock
I’m a newly engaged girl so basically I got all the jewelry I want at the beginning of the year!

I’m new here on the webiste

Pleas teach me how this thing goes

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have two items, not jewellery, that I have missed out on twice and if I ever see them again, third time they'll be mine.
another is a bangle.......
one was over 35 years ago, an Art Deco tea set, Royal Doulton. I saw it at an auction and didn’t buy it. Saw it at an antique shop and didn’t buy it and decades later still no third sighting.
second was a huge, and I mean huge, Amethyst geode that was a coffee table. It weighs almost a ton. I saw it both times at auction. When we did our extension I had it built at the rear of the house and on concrete as I hoped to purchase a similar geode to take pride of place in our extra family room. No such luck, havent seen a huge geode for over a decade.
The bangle.
sigh.
I saw it an event called the Royal Easter show which runs over about 10 days during April. While this event is about animals, produce, arena events, rides and showbags, in a pavilion there was a ”pop up shop” an antique jewellery seller. She had the most amazing diamond set bangle. I adored it but at $5,000 I didn’t have that cash on me! I couldn’t stop thinking about it so after a discussion with DH the next day I did a withdrawal from an investment, had $5,000 cash in my wallet and took a day off work to go back to the Show and acquire it.
I was in high spirits and very excited. I made my way to the pavilion and the vendor. To my absolute horror when I arrived I saw that another lady had it on her wrist. I was silently praying “put it down, put in down” but she didn’t and I then had to watch as her husband/ boyfriend counted out the money to the seller.
And it was gone.
I still dream about that bangle.

There is a tiny little town called Quartzsite in Arizona that the other half and I wound our way to a couple of years ago. There, they’ve got geodes of the sort that you’re describing by the dozen. Behemoths fashioned into benches, tables, fountains, anything you might want. Amethyst is definitely the most common material. Not cheap, objectively, but pennies on the dollar compared to literally anywhere else I’ve ever seen these larger geodes. I wanted a coffee table that was $1400 USD... I’ll try to find some pics.

I do have contact info for a couple of those vendors that I’d be happy to pass along if it might be of interest. I’m guessing shipping to Australia would be exorbitant though :???:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results