shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 1.35ct J V1 Old Marquise in OEC and pearl necklace

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I've been too lazy to post most of my loot, but this one deserves a thread! (eta: These pictures look awful on here! It looks much more crisp on my computer. Sorry.)

1.35ct GIA J VS1 old marquise. Necklace has 8 bezeled oecs and 8 pearls. The pendant has an oec on top of the marquise. Platinum chain.

Diamond specs-
Measurements: 9.76 x 6.27 x 3.72mm
Depth: 59.4%
Table: 51%
Very Large Culet
Good polish/Good symmetry

oec_and_old_marquise_27.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_28.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_29.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_30.jpeg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more.

oec_and_old_marquise_31.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_33.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_34.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_44.jpeg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Took a ton. :)

oec_and_old_marquise_32.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_35.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_36.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_37.jpeg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

oec_and_old_marquise_38.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_39.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_40.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_41.jpeg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Any chance of neck shots?

cheers--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

oec_and_old_marquise_20.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_19.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_18.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_16.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chubby marquise! :love: Goes perfectly w/ your ER! Was this a vintage piece or one that you customized?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
almost done...

oec_and_old_marquise_7.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_6.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_4.jpeg

oec_and_old_marquise_5.jpeg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1387153520|3574929 said:
I love the chubby marquise! :love: Goes perfectly w/ your ER! Was this a vintage piece or one that you customized?

It's a vintage piece. I purchased it whole. :)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1387153429|3574927 said:
HI:

Stunning! Any chance of neck shots?

cheers--Sharon

Thanks! there's one posted in there somewhere. I tried taking other ones but they were all terrible so I didn't post them.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is un-flippin believable! Just stunning! Thanks for sharing!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Your pictures are stunning!!! Your necklace is seriously gorgeous, enjoy!! Btw, what kind of polish is that? It's amazing! :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous. You have amazing skills at hunting down treasures! Great find.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!! I need sunglasses for your post!!
Your ring is OUTSTANDING!!!!
Your necklace is amazing. It's a perfect storm.. the chain with the bezel set diamonds and pearls truly compliments that fabulous marquise. :appl:
I can't believe it's only 1.35 carats.. it looks huge.
Enjoy it!!! :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG - Jaw dropping awesomeness!! :love: :love: :love: Its beyond gorgeous!! you are so lucky to find these amazing things --- I envy your amazing jewelry sleuthing skills!! Enjoy this piece - she is too beautiful to live in a jewelry box, she needs to see the light of day... EVERY day!! :bigsmile:

FABULOUS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything looks gorgeous!!! I always love your jewelry and I also love the pictures you take. :appl: The necklace is beautiful and looks amazing with your ring. :love: :love: :love: Enjoy in much health and happiness!

What's the length of the necklace?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1387156809|3574968 said:
OMG - Jaw dropping awesomeness!! :love: :love: :love: Its beyond gorgeous!! you are so lucky to find these amazing things --- I envy your amazing jewelry sleuthing skills!! Enjoy this piece - she is too beautiful to live in a jewelry box, she needs to see the light of day... EVERY day!! :bigsmile:

FABULOUS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

What she said..++++1 :love: :love: :love: =)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! :bigsmile:

wakingdreams53|1387155295|3574948 said:
Btw, what kind of polish is that? It's amazing! :love: :love:

Thanks!! The black is Zoya's Storm, and the teal is Zoya's Charla. On top is Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday.

missy said:
What's the length of the necklace?

Thanks!! The necklace is 17.5", but it rides up so it sits higher.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
That chubby antique marquise makes me want to go on a crazy, long ebay crusade. Something tells me those don't come along often. Waaaahhhh!

Congrats on a phenomenal find!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I love what you find, and love even more that you share it with us here! I didn't know I wanted one of those...it is sublime.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It's breathtaking :love: :love: :love: Love the cut on the marquise! Everything about it is absolutely gorgeous!
And your ring is Amazing :lickout:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you guys!! :wavey:

I stalked this piece for a long, long time before finally pulling the trigger. In all my years of searching on ebay, I've never seen another old marquise like it. Although I didn't enjoy paying retail, I absolutely love the shape and the faceting and felt this was worth it. The chain is very delicate and the pendant is not removable, so I might add another chain to it for security. Squeeeee!! So happy!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty said:

I stalked this piece for a long, long time before finally pulling the trigger. In all my years of searching on ebay, I've never seen another old marquise like it. Although I didn't enjoy paying retail, I absolutely love the shape and the faceting and felt this was worth it. The chain is very delicate and the pendant is not removable, so I might add another chain to it for security. Squeeeee!! So happy!!

Sometimes it's just WORTH it, and this looks like one of those times - what a beauty! Seriously, did you ever see the old Betty Boop cartoons, the ones with the wolf? Well, picture steam shooting out of my ears while my eyes bug out on heart-shaped stalks and I produce a wolf-whistle like a train pulling into a station - WHAT a STONE!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1387161418|3575015 said:

The whole thing is stunning, but the Antique Marquise is something else!!!! Well worth retail because it's such a nice genuine antique one!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results